Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs look at Colquitt to fill FB spot

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 18, 2014, 01:12:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Harris

Between him and Chris Jones we have 2 solid options at FB

Uncommon

Does anybody else but me think Patrick Arinze will be the starting FB next season? I'm not getting on anybody I'm just curious to hear what everybody thinks. Because I feel like Patrick gets overlooked in this discussion. I mean he did earn a scholarship before last season.

Tim Harris

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 18, 2014, 01:37:51 pm
Does anybody else but me think Patrick Arinze will be the starting FB next season? I'm not getting on anybody I'm just curious to hear what everybody thinks. Because I feel like Patrick gets overlooked in this discussion. I mean he did earn a scholarship before last season.

If I'm not mistaken by the end of last year Kody Walker was ahead of him on the depth chart.  Everyone got excited about him after the spring game last year then we barely heard of him again.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 18, 2014, 01:39:59 pm
If I'm not mistaken by the end of last year Kody Walker was ahead of him on the depth chart.  Everyone got excited about him after the spring game last year then we barely heard of him again.

Yeah, he kinda just fell off the map. May have had more to do with our defense  than him being a legitimate option at RB/FB.

ricepig

Yeah, real surprised he didn't get a little more time this year, especially after his spring work. I fully understand the coaches closing practices, but I always liked to watch or hear about what is going on.

davehog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 18, 2014, 01:42:31 pm
Yeah, he kinda just fell off the map. May have had more to do with our defense  than him being a legitimate option at RB/FB.

Kody Walker is a TB not a FB. He's most likely #3 on the depth chart at TB. Denzel Evans may overtake him this spring for the third spot on the TB list. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: davehog on February 18, 2014, 02:29:23 pm
Kody Walker is a TB not a FB. He's most likely #3 on the depth chart at TB. Denzel Evans may overtake him this spring for the third spot on the TB list. 

The coaching staff disagrees with you.  Final game of the year Kody Walker was listed as the 2nd string FB behind Kiero Small.  It is on page 14 if you would like to take a look.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf9/2573687.pdf

secneahog

Building depth at fb, I like it. The fb position is a key player in this offense. 

I look for Chris jones to start. Idk where Arinze will go. But this new walk on has a great chance to shine.

Also I'm very high in denzell evans also. This will be his 2nd year of conditioning. He gets north and south very quickly. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

GEO-HOG

A FB competition is the most football thing ever.  Love it.  Can only make these guys hit harder

OLDHOG

I like this kid. Arkansas bred. That means a lot to him and me. I expect some goods things.

smb

A fulback in this offense can become a unsung hero.
GeorgiaHOG

acey33

Quote from: davehog on February 18, 2014, 02:29:23 pm

He might have been a TB 2 yrs ago when he came here. I think he will have a better chance playing more in the FB position and still getting some carries in short yardage situations.

razorback44

Quote from: acey33 on February 21, 2014, 09:24:07 am
He might have been a TB 2 yrs ago when he came here. I think he will have a better chance playing more in the FB position and still getting some carries in short yardage situations.

Definitely the best way for him to get on the field.  Small had 40 carries this year so the coaches have already shown that they are willing to give the FB the ball.  Walker is a much better "runner" than Small so he could excel with those 40 carries.  The question is can he even come close to being a better blocker than Small was for us.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

MountieDawg

I thought all the Colquitts did was go to Tennessee and punt.
SEC!

RICKHOGHEAD

I love young men like this. He had a couple of scholarship offers from smaller schools but chose to walk on to be a Razorback. WPS! No doubt he will have a lot of SEC linebackers thinking why does he keep knocking the crap out of me. I thought I was going to cover the backs out of the backfield or the TE but now I have to deal with this guy coming right at me all game long and I really don't like it. Yep that's going to suck for them.

acey33

Yeah...Another solid walk-on and the kind of players we need to help build our walk-on program. Could also help out in special teams...WPS