Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Will Gragg article

Started by Hoggy Bear, February 15, 2014, 07:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on February 16, 2014, 03:35:55 pm
I'm going to have to disagree here. Usually denotes more than half the time and that's just simply not true.

21 Arkansas players in the past five years that have held offers to other BCS programs have signed with Arkansas.

Bijhon Jackson
Jack Kraus
Jake Hall
Josh Liddell
Hunter Henry
Austin Allen
Brook Ellis
Alex Brignoni
Drew Morgan
Jeremy Ward
Jeremy Sprinkle
Brey Cook
Mitch Smothers
Brandon Allen
Grady Ollison
Davyon McKinney
Demetrius Dean
Byran Jones
Garrett Uekman
Zach Hocker

8 Arkansas players holding Arkansas offers signed with other BCS schools...

Josh Frazier
Zach Wary
Altee Tenpenny
Zach Brooks
Kiehl Frazier
Michael Dyer
Dakota Mosley
Brishen Matthews

And to further defend the fact that this ISN'T nearly as big a deal as Arkansas fans make it...look at who most of those players who left the state were...Kiehl Frazier, Michael Dyer, Dakota Mosley, Brishen Mathews, Zach Brooks. None of those guys panned out. Two of them are lucky to not be in prison...maybe Dakota Mosley is...I don't know. We'll see if Tenpenny, Wary and Frazier pan out...but we really haven't taken a hit by not signing these eight guys over the last five years.

Where as the players we did sign...out of those 21...many have been or were major contributors to our program.

Anyway, long story short...the majority of kids from Arkansas who are offered...sign with Arkansas. Period. 

Excellent post.  Thanks! +1

Hoggish1

secneahog

Quote from: wachhog on February 16, 2014, 10:52:08 am
But, but  but...I thought Hogville said none of Petrino's players liked him because he ragged them too much.

It was enough that G.Childs almost transferred. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: secneahog on February 17, 2014, 12:35:31 am
It was enough that G.Childs almost transferred. 

Childs was never going anywhere...

Hoggycronopolis

Quote from: secneahog on February 16, 2014, 01:35:45 pm
He said he's a Texas fan...that his brother played at Arkansas but it was a different staff. So idk what he's said that uve seen to like our chances but I haven't seen it.  I'm just going by that.
I'm really starting to think this "business approach" up here is starting to alienate people. The emotional attachment we were all born with doesn't seem present in this generation. That, and the sense of entitlement the athletes have these days for the most part. We are going to HAVE TO WIN FOR SEVERAL YEARS to get that back. Also, the negativity and COMPLETE, UTTER STUPIDITY on the radio in this state all day doesn't help at all.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they SMITE you, and then you win"  
-Ghandi

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
-George Carlin

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 06:46:34 am
gragg aint coming here this kid wants to play right away it wnt happen here an I think he knows that ....he will not start over henry
Agree...Gragg is not playing in front of Henry. I watched Henry in high school and have seen Gragg and Henry is a much better player. I do think Gragg will be a solid TE but he's not HH material.

HometownHawg

Just because he won't play over HH doesn't he won't get a ton of playing time guys. If he chooses somewhere else it won't be because he believes he won't get playing time here.

bobcat ball

Quote from: HometownHawg on February 18, 2014, 10:26:21 pm
Just because he won't play over HH doesn't he won't get a ton of playing time guys.

Depth is a good thing.

Especially quality depth with little to no drop off from 1 to 2.
WOO PIG

HometownHawg

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 18, 2014, 10:43:54 pm
Depth is a good thing.

Especially quality depth with little to no drop off from 1 to 2.
Yep. That is what being in the SEC is all about. Depth and quality of depth

VT HOG

We've gotta have a decent season this year if we lose all of our SEC games again we could lose a lot of guys outta the best Arkansas high school class I can remember.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: HometownHawg on February 18, 2014, 10:26:21 pm
Just because he won't play over HH doesn't he won't get a ton of playing time guys. If he chooses somewhere else it won't be because he believes he won't get playing time here.
I don't disagree with depth but it seems to me that if Gragg wants to be the "man" I don't see that at Arkansas while HH is there.

HometownHawg

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on February 19, 2014, 02:06:05 pm
I don't disagree with depth but it seems to me that if Gragg wants to be the "man" I don't see that at Arkansas while HH is there.
Players understand waiting their turn. Look at Graggs brother. He was behind Williams but then became the "man"

Zcoach

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 06:46:34 am
gragg aint coming here this kid wants to play right away it wnt happen here an I think he knows that ....he will not start over henry
no matter where he goes ,  he will not play right away.