Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Will Gragg article

Started by Hoggy Bear, February 15, 2014, 07:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPS37

He has over 4,000 followers because of Hog fans!

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.
-Bill Shankly

HogsOfAnarchy

His recruitment is up in the air with me. I don't have a clue if he will be a hog or not

downsouthhawg72

If he's not a Hog I bet that twitter follower gets cut in half quickly.
DownSouthHawg

regi

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

EndoeNova

I think he wont be a Hog, he'll be the Ten penny/Frazier let down this year

3kgthog

A Texas fan? I think I'm going to throw up.

If I'm Will, I'm a little offended that the interviewer didn't even know who his brother is.

Huds_HawgTide

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 15, 2014, 11:09:32 pm
A Texas fan? I think I'm going to throw up.

If I'm Will, I'm a little offended that the interviewer didn't even know who his brother is.
exactly
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Spikes

It will be a 5 team race. Arkansas, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Louisville .

Think it comes down to Arkansas,Bama or Louisville
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

HoggusMaximus

I know that his brother's fond of petrino and how his philosophy. Plus the fact that you can never count out Bama. Who knows how this one will end up, I think it is wide open.

redeye

Considering he claims to have grown up a Texas fan, and the new Texas coach is an Arkansas native, I wouldn't be surprised if they were a threat.  Between Strong and Vaughn, I hope we don't see Texas sticking it's neck in our woods.  Not sure if that's ever happened before?

Btw, I looked at Vaughn's bio page on the Texas website and laughed when it mentioned him receiving his first full time position "after a Cotton Bowl win".  He was a GA at Arkansas before then and that Cotton Bowl win was over Texas, but they failed to mention that.

secneahog

Not feeling Gragg. He shows Arkansas no love.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

immahog

better gone an get O'grady.....
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoggy Bear on February 15, 2014, 07:39:07 pm
http://insidetexas.com/news/story.php?article=4851

What a great interviewer, who apparently does zero research before interviewing a kid. "Who is your brother?" Nice. Anyone with a modicum of sense might have known that his brother was a pretty significant receiver at Arkansas and might have made an even bigger impact had he not got hurt. And he might also have known that his brother plays TE for the Bills.

That being said, I have no idea where Chris Gragg will wind up. I hope here.
Go Hogs Go!

immahog

gragg aint coming here this kid wants to play right away it wnt happen here an I think he knows that ....he will not start over henry

ricepig

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 06:46:34 am
gragg aint coming here this kid wants to play right away it wnt happen here an I think he knows that ....he will not start over henry

Considering we start 2 and use 3 TE's a lot, starting here won't be any bigger of a challenge than Bama or Texass. Truthfully, I give O'Grady an offer and I recruit them hard, but I don't worry about it.

ifghog

Guys I just don't see him coming here. He obviously didn't grow up a fan.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

immahog

he grew up a texass fan an named vince young..that was 2005 makes me feel old ....I think he is good as gone I would be shocked if he stays home

cosmodrum

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 08:33:23 am
he grew up a texass fan an named vince young..that was 2005 makes me feel old ....I think he is good as gone I would be shocked if he stays home

Same old story. Instate stud wants nothing to do with us.
Go away, batin'

The real Hogules

I firmly believe that W.G. ends up at Arkansas.

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

The real Hogules

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 16, 2014, 08:48:45 am
Why? Hunch?

Everything that's been mentioned (grew up in Arkansas, brother played for the Hogs, ect., ect.).
He's playing the game on the recruiting trail.

If he came out and committed to the Razorbacks now, he'd get a LOT less offers, because he's an in state recruit and most would assume his commitment was rock solid -whether it was or not.

I'll be surprised/shocked if he chooses to leave the state, instead of playing in an offense that suits him really well and for a program that he watched as his brother played for.

cosmodrum

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 16, 2014, 09:17:22 am
Everything that's been mentioned (grew up in Arkansas, brother played for the Hogs, ect., ect.).

If he came out and committed to the Razorbacks now, he'd get a LOT less offers, because he's an in state recruit and most would assume his commitment was rock solid -whether it was or not.

I'll be surprised/shocked if he chooses to leave the state, instead of playing in an offense that suits him really well and for a program that he watched as his brother played for.

I just don't see it. Guess I've been burned too many times by the "must get" instate guy. And his brother is apparently pushing him to Louisville.
Go away, batin'

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: secneahog on February 16, 2014, 01:08:28 am
Not feeling Gragg. He shows Arkansas no love.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1375452.html

Showed love in the article, not to mention he has Arkansas Made tattooed to his arms.

Razorhawg09

Bunch of girly men itt. Anytime an in-state kid gets any offer besides Arkansas you losers automatically assume they are gone.

wachhog

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on February 16, 2014, 12:21:08 am
I know that his brother's fond of petrino and how his philosophy. Plus the fact that you can never count out Bama. Who knows how this one will end up, I think it is wide open.
But, but  but...I thought Hogville said none of Petrino's players liked him because he ragged them too much.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 16, 2014, 09:34:09 am
Bunch of girly men itt. Anytime an in-state kid gets any offer besides Arkansas you losers automatically assume they are gone.

They usually are.

Shut up.
Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

I don't think we get him (I also think anyone that starts their post with "but, but, but...." should be flogged). Hopefully Henry blows up this year and makes Arkansas more attractive.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

immahog

henry is one reason why i feel we are fine yea would love to have gragg but henry will get the job done for another two yrs

GEO-HOG

Just picked up an offer from the National Champions.

rzrbcksrus

Would love to have Gragg. However, There are two positions that I do not worry about with this staff........Running Back and Tight End. As long as this Coach B is running the show, we will have quality players at these positions.

immahog

Quote from: GEO-HOG on February 16, 2014, 12:53:46 pm
Just picked up an offer from the National Champions.

He will be able to pick any school he wants

secneahog

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 16, 2014, 09:34:09 am

He said he's a Texas fan...that his brother played at Arkansas but it was a different staff. So idk what he's said that uve seen to like our chances but I haven't seen it.  I'm just going by that. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ifghog

Quote from: secneahog on February 16, 2014, 01:35:45 pm
He said he's a Texas fan...that his brother played at Arkansas but it was a different staff. So idk what he's said that uve seen to like our chances but I haven't seen it.  I'm just going by that. 
Exactly.

The real Hogules

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 16, 2014, 09:31:18 am
http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1375452.html

Showed love in the article, not to mention he has Arkansas Made tattooed to his arms.

From the afore mentioned article on W.G.

He'll be at Arkansas for its Junior Day on March 1 and will no doubt talk to Razorback tight end coach Barry Lunney – his chief recruiter – many times between now and then.

"Arkansas has probably recruited me harder than anybody else although all the schools have done a great job," Gragg said. "Coach Lunney talks to me 2 or 3 times a day be it via the phone, twitter or someway. He is a great guy and a great coach and somebody that I could really see myself playing for."

Many fans have speculated that Gragg has made up his mind to head out of state, but he says nothing could be further from the truth.

"There are a lot of schools that I like, but I love Arkansas," Gragg said. "That's the team that I grew up rooting for, that my brother played for, that I have seen more games in person and on TV than any other team. So anyone who says I am not looking to go to Arkansas just doesn't know what they are talking about.

"I am going to go see as many schools as I can and see what is best for me," Gragg added. "But, Arkansas is a place that I can certainly see myself playing and doing a lot of great things for Coach Lunney and Coach Bielema."

secneahog

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 16, 2014, 02:49:22 pm
From the afore mentioned article on W.G.

He'll be at Arkansas for its Junior Day on March 1 and will no doubt talk to Razorback tight end coach Barry Lunney – his chief recruiter – many times between now and then.

"Arkansas has probably recruited me harder than anybody else although all the schools have done a great job," Gragg said. "Coach Lunney talks to me 2 or 3 times a day be it via the phone, twitter or someway. He is a great guy and a great coach and somebody that I could really see myself playing for."

Many fans have speculated that Gragg has made up his mind to head out of state, but he says nothing could be further from the truth.

"There are a lot of schools that I like, but I love Arkansas," Gragg said. "That's the team that I grew up rooting for, that my brother played for, that I have seen more games in person and on TV than any other team. So anyone who says I am not looking to go to Arkansas just doesn't know what they are talking about.

"I am going to go see as many schools as I can and see what is best for me," Gragg added. "But, Arkansas is a place that I can certainly see myself playing and doing a lot of great things for Coach Lunney and Coach Bielema."

That's a good write up. Seems like whatever school he talks to he shows them love. So who knows. Just wish we had more bijohn Jacksons of the world.

But yeah Chris played for Petrino but Chris got mad love from the state. Through he's injuries l, hard times Hog fans cheered him on.
I don't think you can get that kinda love out of state.

sickboy

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 16, 2014, 10:55:50 am
They usually are.

Shut up.

I'm going to have to disagree here. Usually denotes more than half the time and that's just simply not true.

21 Arkansas players in the past five years that have held offers to other BCS programs have signed with Arkansas.

Bijhon Jackson
Jack Kraus
Jake Hall
Josh Liddell
Hunter Henry
Austin Allen
Brook Ellis
Alex Brignoni
Drew Morgan
Jeremy Ward
Jeremy Sprinkle
Brey Cook
Mitch Smothers
Brandon Allen
Grady Ollison
Davyon McKinney
Demetrius Dean
Byran Jones
Garrett Uekman
Zach Hocker

8 Arkansas players holding Arkansas offers signed with other BCS schools...

Josh Frazier
Zach Wary
Altee Tenpenny
Zach Brooks
Kiehl Frazier
Michael Dyer
Dakota Mosley
Brishen Matthews

And to further defend the fact that this ISN'T nearly as big a deal as Arkansas fans make it...look at who most of those players who left the state were...Kiehl Frazier, Michael Dyer, Dakota Mosley, Brishen Mathews, Zach Brooks. None of those guys panned out. Two of them are lucky to not be in prison...maybe Dakota Mosley is...I don't know. We'll see if Tenpenny, Wary and Frazier pan out...but we really haven't taken a hit by not signing these eight guys over the last five years.

Where as the players we did sign...out of those 21...many have been or were major contributors to our program.

Anyway, long story short...the majority of kids from Arkansas who are offered...sign with Arkansas. Period. 

bennyl08

O'Grady is without a doubt the better receiving TE of the two. Will is much slower, but looks to be your prototypical TE. While it is probably easier to take a receiving TE and teach him how to block (see DJ Williams, Chris Gragg, and now Henry who really impressed me with his blocking), there's a reason the NFL still goes for the bigger type of TE.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

EastArkansasCard

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

hawgfan4life

Yeah!  I hate it when our big in-state studs sign elsewhere.  We only got the top nationally rated DT in the state this year, a nationally rated QB next year, etc.  What?  Wait!  I love it that we sign the great majority of in-state players from AR most years! 

All those who believe we aren't getting it done in-state need to do a recruit search by state and see where the highest rated players from each state sign every year.  It is amazing how few states lock down the top players in any year much less every year.  That is including states like Oklahoma that has three legitimate D1 schools like OU, OSU, and Tulsa.  The state of Oklahoma loses a few elite players every year.  The state of Alabama has AL and AUB not to mention a few other quality football schools like Troy, Alabama Birmingham and the state of AL loses top recruits out of state.  IT HAPPENS!

Hoggish1

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 08:33:23 am

He was 7 when he was a Vince Young fan?  OK

Hoggish1

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 16, 2014, 09:17:22 am

Correct.  And he'd drop to a 2* LOL

Hoggish1

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 16, 2014, 09:22:38 am
And his brother is apparently pushing him to Louisville.

Oh, interesting.  Have any proof of such a thing...?

Hoggish1

Quote from: wachhog on February 16, 2014, 10:52:08 am
But, but  but...I thought Hogville said none of Petrino's players liked him because he ragged them too much.

Well, the only one we know that's true of is Tyler.  But Tyler may think differently these days.

Don't get me wrong—BP is somebody I supported completely, while here.  But he's there, so he is just another rival...

Hoggish1

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 11:13:17 am
henry is one reason why i feel we are fine yea would love to have gragg but henry will get the job done for another two yrs

Two more years means Gragg becomes a huge contributor in his freshman year.  He's a Hog!

Hoggish1

Quote from: immahog on February 16, 2014, 01:33:17 pm
He will be able to pick any school he wants

Right, which bodes well for the Hogs!