Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Hauser, Recruiting Director, gone

Started by Polecat, February 13, 2014, 04:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 13, 2014, 06:36:02 pm
Thigpen isn't going to come here and take Hausers off the field position.

But, he could be the Recruiting Coordinator and be an assistant in coaching LB'ers or the DB's, he has had experience doing both and given we are short a DB's coach, it might be a fit.
Go Hogs Go!

HogFanatic

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 13, 2014, 06:36:02 pm
Thigpen isn't going to come here and take Hausers off the field position.

Am I mistaken in thinking that some programs have a position coach handle recruiting coordinator duties as well?

secneahog

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:18:03 pm
The position we are discussing in this thread?
Recruiting coordinator would be right up his alley considering his history. He's very much a CEO type of coach. And there is nothing saying your recruiting coordinator can't coach too.

I just didn't think Odom would leave a dc job for a recruiting coordinator.    Thanks Mr obvious.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The_Bionic_Pig

Ice Harris would fit in perfect as a Recruiting Director...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogFanatic

Quote from: secneahog on February 13, 2014, 06:54:24 pm
I just didn't think Odom would leave a dc job for a recruiting coordinator.    Thanks Mr obvious.

If he came on as a positions coach as well Arkansas may be able to offer comparable pay to what he makes at Memphis. I wouldn't have thought Bielema could get Shannon as a position coach but he did.

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 06:51:27 pm
But, he could be the Recruiting Coordinator and be an assistant in coaching LB'ers or the DB's, he has had experience doing both and given we are short a DB's coach, it might be a fit.
Recruiting Coordinator is an off field position, you can't coach, or the job Hauser held was an off field position. Usually a coach gets a title of recruiting coordinator to get some more pay. Hauser was Director of Recruiting, or something like that.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He makes 350k, I doubt we will pay him enough to come.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 13, 2014, 07:23:53 pm

He makes 350k, I doubt we will pay him enough to come.

Should he fill two positions (recruiting coordinator and assistant in DB's) it would be a bargain.
Go Hogs Go!

redeye

Hauser seems to be the latest surprise, in that he seemed to be doing a good job.  If I'm reading between the lines correctly, he was let go after only one year, despite doing a good job.  It is a bit strange to me.

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 13, 2014, 04:38:42 pm
Am I wrong or is it my understanding that he left to become DC? IF that's the case there's definitely a promotion in responsibility (and I suspect pay) whether or not you feel PU is a step down or not.

Outside of Hogville, the only thing I've seen is that Taver will coach corners at Purdue and that's a lateral move, at best.  He very well may have other good reasons for leaving, but moving up the ladder may not be one of them.

Partridge is the only one who we can say definitely made a vertical move upwards.  All the other are at least somewhat surprising.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 05:49:38 pm
Tommy Thigpen at Tennessee might be a good choice. The man can recruit and he is originally, from El Dorado.

Sounds good to me.  Wonder if he would be interested?

CDBHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 06:51:27 pm

Or just hire a position coach and an on-campus recruiting coordinator.

No way Thigpen leaves being an asst. to become an OCRC.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 13, 2014, 07:50:58 pm
Or just hire a position coach and an on-campus recruiting coordinator.

No way Thigpen leaves being an asst. to become an OCRC.

Not saying he would, not saying that he wouldn't. But you never know. And certainly none of us know. I would have never thought that I would see Bret Bielema here as HC either.
Go Hogs Go!

CDBHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 07:55:47 pm
Not saying he would, not saying that he wouldn't. But you never know. And certainly none of us know. I would have never thought that I would see Bret Bielema here as HC either.

He wouldn't. That'd be like Sam Pittman leaving us to go be Tennessee's on-campus recruiting coordinator.

It's not going to happen.

Positional coach, maybe, but doubtful.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 13, 2014, 08:00:11 pm
He wouldn't. That'd be like Sam Pittman leaving us to go be Tennessee's on-campus recruiting coordinator.

It's not going to happen.

Positional coach, maybe, but doubtful.

I'll have to disagree, it isn't exactly the same as with Pittman, who is not only one of the best O-Line coaches in the country, but also a great recruiter. Not sure I could say that Thigpen is one of the best LB/DB coaches in the country and given that sole responsibility for the DB coaching is going to the new DC, Thigpen's role as a DB coach would be diminished to the degree that he might be able to do both jobs, but I am just speculating, only Bielema knows what his plans may be.
Go Hogs Go!

CDBHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 08:03:29 pm
I'll have to disagree, it isn't exactly the same as with Pittman, who is also a great recruiter.

How isn't it? Other than birthplace.

Please, tell me the last time an asst. from an SEC school left to go to another SEC school to be an on campus recruiting coordinator.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 13, 2014, 08:07:20 pm
How isn't it? Other than birthplace.

Please, tell me the last time an asst. from an SEC school left to go to another SEC school to be an on campus recruiting coordinator.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 08:03:29 pm
I'll have to disagree, it isn't exactly the same as with Pittman, who is not only one of the best O-Line coaches in the country, but also a great recruiter. Not sure I could say that Thigpen is one of the best LB/DB coaches in the country and given that sole responsibility for the DB coaching is going to the new DC, Thigpen's role as a DB coach would be diminished to the degree that he might be able to do both jobs, but I am just speculating, only Bielema knows what his plans may be.

See my amended statement.
Go Hogs Go!

CDBHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 08:09:16 pm
See my amended statement.

I did. I don't think you realize how much of a step down that is.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 13, 2014, 08:11:39 pm
I did. I don't think you realize how much of a step down that is.

I think that "step downs" are much more of a fans perspective than that of a coach who might be prerforming dual roles and making more money than he had before, especially if he performs at both roles in a higher level than he has before. Again, I am not suggesting that Thigpen will be the hire, only saying that he would be a very good hire in both positions. All that being said, I am sure we will find out what Bielema's true intentions are, very soon.
Go Hogs Go!

CDBHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 08:16:54 pm
I think that "step downs" are much more of a fans perspective than that of a coach who might be prerforming dual roles and making more money than he had before, especially if he performs at both roles in a higher level than he has before. Again, I am not suggesting that Thigpen will be the hire, only saying that he would be a very good hire in both positions. All that being said, I am sure we will find out what Bielema's true intentions are, very soon.

Dual roles, then yeah. Positional coach, maybe, but unlikely.

Leaving to just become OCRC....zero percent chance.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 13, 2014, 08:18:36 pm
Dual roles, then yeah. Positional coach, maybe, but unlikely.

Leaving to just become OCRC....zero percent chance.

This is what I have been saying over and over as we have responded to one another.
Go Hogs Go!

HogFanatic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 08:16:54 pm

I like your idea, but I suspect Odom may be his guy.
There was a lot of smoke around that speculation he was gonna be hired here.

secneahog

I just can't see Odom leaving a dc job for a position hire.

We are in the sec though. I know Odom is from Missouri so Fayetteville might be closer to his family.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SavageHog

Hire Mack Brown as recruiting coordinator.  I bet he would like to stick it to Texas now.

Scott7703

Quote from: SavageHog on February 13, 2014, 08:51:04 pm
Hire Mack Brown as recruiting coordinator.  I bet he would like to stick it to Texas now.

Lol, +1 to you sir.

Hoggish1

Quote from: secneahog on February 13, 2014, 04:16:03 pm
We let go Ash, Partridge, Taver.

2 out of three ain't bad.  Patridge stepped up to a HC job...

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 04:30:28 pm
Purdue is not a better job than Arkansas. Taver is going to Purdue.

And he's going there for less $...  Double doo doo

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 13, 2014, 04:38:42 pm
Am I wrong or is it my understanding that he left to become DC?

He's a position coach.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 13, 2014, 04:43:15 pm
Not concerned in the least.  Lost a DC to a much better job.

Sorry, but he's not calling plays and makes less $...

Vantage 8 dude

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 04:33:02 pm
When you go 3 and 9, and 0 and 8 in the sec. i could care less if all these guys stay. get them out of here.

Hmmm...that's how most of us feel about you Joe when you whine about people not wanting to give MA a chance and he's now in his third season, but you didn't give BB even half of one season.  You're a hypocrite in the boldest sense. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

smb

Well if recruiting is not up to par you gotta do something.
GeorgiaHOG

Tim Harris

I won't quote all the different posts in here about it but Sam Pittman already holds the title of recruiting coordinator.  We aren't going to give it to someone else.

We are looking for an On Campus Recruiting coordinator which is an administrative position and an assistant coach to help out on the defensive side of the ball.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 14, 2014, 07:38:01 am
I won't quote all the different posts in here about it but Sam Pittman already holds the title of recruiting coordinator.  We aren't going to give it to someone else.

We are looking for an On Campus Recruiting coordinator which is an administrative position and an assistant coach to help out on the defensive side of the ball.

Ice!

Been10Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 13, 2014, 04:33:29 pm
From what I can gather 2/4 who have left were "let go" and 2 got promotions.
And if Ash is one of the 2 who got "promoted", he was promoted from DC to co-DC where he doesn't call the plays and makes less money

CDBHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 08:20:04 pm
This is what I have been saying over and over as we have responded to one another.

Well, then I'll just say I've never seen that happen.

There is a difference between recruiting coordinator and on campus recruiting coordinator.

Tim Harris

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 14, 2014, 08:22:30 am

Well, then I'll just say I've never seen that happen.

There is a difference between recruiting coordinator and on campus recruiting coordinator.

It isn't going to happen and not sure why others keep saying it will.  Chris Hauser had an administrative position that made $80,000 a year.  No SEC assistant is leaving their current job to take that.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 14, 2014, 07:38:01 am

Miss Jessica wants her job as On campus recruiting coordinator back  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HogsonHicks

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 04:33:02 pm
When you go 3 and 9, and 0 and 8 in the sec. i could care less if all these guys stay. get them out of here.

Hater.  Go kick rocks.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

While I certainly have no way of knowing exactly what happened in this case (and perhaps we never will) if you read the ARDEMGAZ today you'll get the impression that CH may have left voluntarily due to "wanting to persue other opportunities" or some such. Not sure whether this is something just to quiet the reaction or the truth. As I said, we may never really know for sure.

GEO-HOG

Hauser being let go really puzzles me.  Like others have mentioned he was always given high praise by parents.  This is pure speculation but it makes me wonder if there was a bad judgement call that CBB didn't like.  Something involving pursuing certain recruits or not.  Again, just trying to think of a cause to this.

WriterWrong

Didn't see this posted yet. On Hauser's Twitter.

Chris Hauser ‏@ChrisHauserJr  15h
Thank you to all the players & their families that chose to come to UA. I will miss u guys very much! pic.twitter.com/kfoTizIHdZ

Tim Harris

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 14, 2014, 09:32:41 am
While I certainly have no way of knowing exactly what happened in this case (and perhaps we never will) if you read the ARDEMGAZ today you'll get the impression that CH may have left voluntarily due to "wanting to persue other opportunities" or some such. Not sure whether this is something just to quiet the reaction or the truth. As I said, we may never really know for sure.

Richard said yesterday that he was let go.  Usually if you are "wanting to pursue other opportunities" but don't already have one lined up then it wasn't your choice.

rhog1

Quote from: WriterWrong on February 14, 2014, 10:36:27 am
Didn't see this posted yet. On Hauser's Twitter.

Chris Hauser ‏@ChrisHauserJr  15h
Thank you to all the players & their families that chose to come to UA. I will miss u guys very much! pic.twitter.com/kfoTizIHdZ

Really Classy. Good Luck Chris Hauser.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rhog1 on February 14, 2014, 12:08:48 pm
Really Classy. Good Luck Chris Hauser.
Totally agree. Whatever the reason(s) you certainly couldn't fault Chris for his handling of the situation.

hawgwash

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 14, 2014, 08:31:37 am
It isn't going to happen and not sure why others keep saying it will.  Chris Hauser had an administrative position that made $80,000 a year.  No SEC assistant is leaving their current job to take that.
As a fanbase we may be #4 but we are gaining on the leaders.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: hawgwash on February 14, 2014, 12:42:54 pm
As a fanbase we may be #4 but we are gaining on the leaders.

I'm sure if SEC fans of any team had to answer correctly the question of who their team's on-campus recruiting coordinator was in order to enter the stadium to watch a football game, the stands would be mighty empty at kickoff.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Tim Harris

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 14, 2014, 12:48:47 pm
I'm sure if SEC fans of any team had to answer correctly the question of who their team's on-campus recruiting coordinator was in order to enter the stadium to watch a football game, the stands would be mighty empty at kickoff.

True but considering the rather public story of our former on-campus recruiting coordinator and how her fling with the head football coach lead to his dismissal I would think people know the position it is admin level job and not going to be filled by someone who is currently a SEC assistant.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Kevin on February 14, 2014, 08:53:23 am
but 4-7 in the sec possibly one of the worst conferences in the NCAA in basketball is acceptable

BrassNunchucks

I wish people would stop empowering Clay Travis by quoting that 4th dumbest fanbase thing. That was a blatant attempt to troll football fanbases. You'll find he made sure to include the ones with the largest followings (Notre Dame, Dallas Cowboys, etc) - it's all about stoking controversy and delivering traffic to his website.