Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Hauser, Recruiting Director, gone

Started by Polecat, February 13, 2014, 04:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Music City Hog

Isn't one of the reasons CBB came to Arkansas so he could keep his assistants?

Wth is going on?

chuggs33

Strange.  Perhaps whomever is brought in will stay a while. 

secneahog

When a staff can come in and have success in recruiting right away after the team has had 2 bad years. Other schools notice that and want someone from the staff to help them.

Bielema is no stranger to hiring assts.

We kept Pittman and Shannon.  We let go Ash, Partridge, Taver.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Music City Hog

Quote from: secneahog on February 13, 2014, 04:16:03 pm
When a staff can come in and have success in recruiting right away after the team has had 2 bad years. Other schools notice that and want someone from the staff to help them.

Bielema is no stranger to hiring assts.

We kept Pittman and Shannon.  We let go Ash, Partridge, Taver.

Well, success could be debated. That these guys are leaving for "better" jobs is also debatable in some cases.

HogFanatic

As Bielema himself said, he has assembled a staff of top-flight coaches.
That means those coaches names will come up when a job opens up.

I wonder if Barry Odom may be brought on. Haha

The Recruiting Guy

Word was leaking out last week that a move would happen. When you're dealing with families it's not the happiest thing to report.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 13, 2014, 04:23:03 pm
Well, success could be debated. That these guys are leaving for "better" jobs is also debatable in some cases.

The very meaning of "better job" could be debated.
Some dudes may want more money. Others may be considering proximity to family. Etc etc

YodaHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 13, 2014, 04:24:43 pm
Word was leaking out last week that a move would happen. When you're dealing with families it's not the happiest thing to report.

So he was let go?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 13, 2014, 04:23:03 pm
Purdue is not a better job than Arkansas. Taver is going to Purdue.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 13, 2014, 04:24:43 pm

Are you saying we let him go? 

forrest city joe

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 13, 2014, 04:10:24 pm

Wth is going on?
When you go 3 and 9, and 0 and 8 in the sec. i could care less if all these guys stay. get them out of here.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2014, 04:30:28 pm

Taver will be 2hrs from his hometown of Cincy now...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Scott7703

From what I can gather 2/4 who have left were "let go" and 2 got promotions.

secneahog

Well at Purdue it's very close to his hometown. 

Partridge I believe left on his own. I think Bielema is shaking things up with the rest.

I know everytime he hires a new coach he says he was overwhelmed by the amount of coaches contacting him for the position. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

redeye

Wth is going on?

Yea, I have to admit that losing so many assistants bothers me some.  I realize some are moving on to better jobs and you want that, but wasn't money supposed to keep them around longer?  We knew he had this problem at Wisconsin and I thought the idea was to fix it here, but we've lost 5 in the first year, if you include the original WR coach.

sowmonella

Wth is going on?

Maybe he couldn't get who he wanted last year.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Vantage 8 dude

Am I wrong or is it my understanding that he left to become DC? IF that's the case there's definitely a promotion in responsibility (and I suspect pay) whether or not you feel PU is a step down or not.

secneahog

Quote from: redeye on February 13, 2014, 04:36:27 pm
Yea, I have to admit that losing so many assistants bothers me some.  I realize some are moving on to better jobs and you want that, but wasn't money supposed to keep them around longer?  We knew he had this problem at Wisconsin and I thought the idea was to fix it here, but we've lost 5 in the first year, if you include the original WR coach.

He kept Pittman & Shannon.   Partridge took a hc job at home.

The others I think he asked for them to look around.

I think Bielema is shaking things up. Cleaning house. Upgrading.

Atlhogfan1

Not concerned in the least.  Lost a DC to a much better job.  A job our job is nowhere close to comparable to whether Bielema wanted it to happen or not.  Lost Patridge to a FBS head coaching job. 

Bielema has been here a year and got to see the program from the inside and can now make adjustments where necessary.  Don't want to see us change coordinators very often.  But position coaches and support staff aren't on that level of concern with the exceptions of recruiters like Pittman and Shannon.  I don't see these changes as anything close to negative or a sign of bad things.  At least Bielema may be trying to upgrade or improve.  Our basketball coach won't.  Can't change out yes men especially a nephew or towel boy along for the ride. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hog N Bama

Quote from: secneahog on February 13, 2014, 04:40:44 pm
He kept Pittman & Shannon.   Partridge took a hc job at home.

The others I think he asked for them to look around.

I think Bielema is shaking things up. Cleaning house. Upgrading.
Hope you are right about the upgrading part.

PorkRinds

Wth is going on?

Hauser wasn't a coach...

aar0n

Partridge - Left for a HC position
Ash - Left for an "upgrade"
Johnson - Let go
Hauser - Let go

It's as simple as that, no big deal here.  Bielema must think he has someone better.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RazorBroncs on February 13, 2014, 04:58:38 pm
Johnson - Let go
Hauser - Let go

It's as simple as that, no big deal here.  Bielema must think he has someone better.

How do we know Hauser was let go? 

HogFanatic

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 04:59:57 pm
How do we know Hauser was let go? 

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 13, 2014, 04:32:34 pm
Are you saying we let him go? 

Yes. I wish Chris the best. Good guy.

You get to know the coaches and people in the FB program and you hate to see anyone go, but that's the nature of the biz.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:02:09 pm
Because someone on hogville said so.
Duh

I've heard nothing but good things about Hauser, so I'd be surprised if he was actually let go. 

Scott7703

Quote from: RazorBroncs on February 13, 2014, 04:58:38 pm
Johnson - Let go
Hauser - Let go

I'm not sure that's how it played out for Ash.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 05:06:47 pm
I've heard nothing but good things about Hauser, so I'd be surprised if he was actually let go.

I stand corrected.  If RD says he was let go, he was let go.  I'm surprised.  Must be some things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

HogFanatic

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 05:09:04 pm
I stand corrected.  If RD says he was let go, he was let go.  I'm surprised.  Must be some things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

He must have an ace up his sleeve or something cuz Hauser was doing a pretty good job. Or at least it appeared as though he was. I'm seriously wondering if this is what all the Odom buzz was about.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:12:51 pm
He must have an ace up his sleeve or something cuz Hauser was doing a pretty good job. Or at least it appeared as though he was. I'm seriously wondering if this is what all the Odom buzz was about.

I remember Froholdt's mom talking up Hauser as being a huge part of why they loved their visit.  It was either him or Brian Wallace.  One of the mothers said it was the most well planned visit they had.

secneahog

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:12:51 pm

What position do we have open for Odom?..

HogFanatic

Quote from: secneahog on February 13, 2014, 05:15:54 pm
What position do we have open for Odom?..

The position we are discussing in this thread?
Recruiting coordinator would be right up his alley considering his history. He's very much a CEO type of coach. And there is nothing saying your recruiting coordinator can't coach too.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:02:09 pm
Because someone on hogville said so.
Duh
Not just someone, RD said it in this thread. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

From the statements that have come out since Ash left and Smith was hired, it seems like Ash might have been told to move on.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogFanatic

Scott7703

Quote from: BeoPig™ on February 13, 2014, 05:19:46 pm
From the statements that have come out since Ash left and Smith was hired, it seems like Ash might have been told to move on.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Partridge is the only one who has left by "his choice". I personally hated to see taver and Chris Hauser leave but it is what it is.

baitshop

Quote from: BeoPig™ on February 13, 2014, 05:19:46 pm

What "statements" have come out...I have heard this from several places but have not seen a link to confirm them...
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

PorkRinds

Id be really interested to know the reasons Hauser was let go.  He seemed to be doing a good job.

HogFanatic

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 05:46:26 pm
Id be really interested to know the reasons Hauser was let go.  He seemed to be doing a good job.

I really hope it is because Bielema found someone better and not due to any potential shenanigans.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:47:50 pm
I really hope it is because Bielema found someone better and not due to any potential shenanigans.

Tommy Thigpen at Tennessee might be a good choice. The man can recruit and he is originally, from El Dorado.
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogFanatic on February 13, 2014, 05:47:50 pm

Personally, I think because they know each other, and because they came here together something else had to have happened.  He wasn't THAT bad at his job.  He got lots of compliments.  Something's fishy. 

COCHISE

Partridge is the only staff member that has left that wasn't "let go."

RLWOLFEMAN

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 05:52:24 pm
Personally, I think because they know each other, and because they came here together something else had to have happened.  He wasn't THAT bad at his job.  He got lots of compliments.  Something's fishy. 
Friendship and loyalty does not take precedence over winning.

PorkRinds

Quote from: RLWOLFEMAN on February 13, 2014, 06:00:49 pm
Friendship and loyalty does not take precedence over winning.

I get that, but by all outward signs, Hauser wasn't doing a bad job.  I'm just saying there's something we don't know about.  To me, there has to be.

regi

We lost 9 in a row, first year or not, make moves if needed.

Tim Harris

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 13, 2014, 05:49:38 pm
Tommy Thigpen at Tennessee might be a good choice. The man can recruit and he is originally, from El Dorado.

Thigpen isn't going to come here and take Hausers off the field position.

Music City Hog

Quote from: regi on February 13, 2014, 06:27:16 pm
We lost 9 in a row, first year or not, make moves if needed.

We wouldn't have won any more with Nick Saban. The talent was depleted.  The defense had very little talent anywhere.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Ash, Taver and Hauser refused to pay recruits and otherwise compromise their morals to help recruiting.    it's as simple as that.  We're playing big boy football now.

Actually everything I just said is a guess and based on no information whatsoever

Bebop

Jack said Peru. Something about Spanish.