Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can anyone confirn why Tavern left for Purdue

Started by pondwater jack, February 13, 2014, 12:52:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogfanssay on February 13, 2014, 01:26:36 pm
Bielema stated that one of the reasons he came to Arkansas was because he couldn't pay assistants enough to keep them at Wisconsin and would have the money to do so at Arkansas.... A little over a year later we have lost 3 assistant coaches. Ash took a pay cut and is now a CO-Coordinator instead of THE coordinator at Arkansas. I understand Partridge leaving for a head coaching job. Now Johnson leaves for Purdue? I bet Shannon was even on his way out until Bielema slapped some "Assistant Head Coach" title on him to make him feel better.

We have "lost" some coaches?  Really?  Looks like they were given opportunities to get lost and they took it before the hammer came down...

Hoggish1

pondwater jack

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 13, 2014, 03:41:47 pm
We have "lost" some coaches?  Really?  Looks like they were given opportunities to get lost and they took it before the hammer came down...
or shoved and hazed away..that is a factor to.
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 13, 2014, 01:08:41 pm
why move the tavern to purdue?  boilermaker chicks are hot, that's why
Indiana chicks are hot ?  well, there was one I remember quite well back in 2005 that could knock your socks off amongst other things
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 13, 2014, 03:47:49 pm
Indiana chicks are hot ?  well, there was one I remember quite well back in 2005 that could knock your socks off amongst other things
who was that?
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

PorkRinds

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 03:39:25 pm
A more "plausible" reason (i copied that word from ponderinhog) might be that he got tired of some of the hazing from his peers. Bret needs to reign that in.  i know that he was a holdover but heck!  be professional.  some of that stuff was over the top.

What the heck are you talking about?

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PonderinHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 03:51:25 pm
Instead of "high school" they were calling him "buckeye baby."

pondwater jack

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 03:51:25 pm
well...of the other assistant coaches....Bielemas boys...it seems that according to one story a coach (STILL ON STAFF! Btw) ...  liked to prank voach taver and went over the line on a couple of occasions. I am told that for fun...said coach used to have one of the grad assistants leave a suprize in a poppa johns pizza box and hide it in Taverns office..  then the SAME coach (who can speak like Donald Duck) would call and in duck voice start harassing Taver and get him fired up. Then hed ask him to go look in the Poppa Johns box in the bottom filing cabinet. 

If that happened i think that coach should be disiciplined to. Fwiw...

Jack Blasingame

pondwater jack

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 13, 2014, 03:55:36 pm
Instead of "high school" they were calling him "buckeye baby."
that is the SAME COACH!  Grow up people!

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:07:40 pm
that is the SAME COACH!  Grow up people!

When you say one of Bielema's boys, the only ones that he brought w/him from Wisconsin are gone. Different guy?

pondwater jack

Quote from: lowberh on February 13, 2014, 03:54:18 pm
Did he really use the term "Heebie-jeebies?"
not trying to be the spelling police but i dont think theres a hyphen....fyi

pondwater jack

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on February 13, 2014, 04:14:27 pm
When you say one of Bielema's boys, the only ones that he brought w/him from Wisconsin are gone. Different guy?
i wont call him by name for fear of being banned...but i will say these two words......shuffleboard.....needlepoint/cross-stitch.  thats too much already

PorkRinds

Guys, Jack is full of it! Taver did not leave because he got the heebie jeebies, he left because he got the WILLIES.  Completely different, and WAY more believable. 

PonderinHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:17:36 pm
i wont call him by name for fear of being banned...but i will say these two words......shuffleboard.....needlepoint/cross-stitch.  thats too much already
Rosie Greer ???

pondwater jack

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 13, 2014, 04:19:32 pm
Rosie Greer ???
i really dont want tovdrop the name incase some or all of this is slightly off....

PonderinHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:23:13 pm
i really dont want tovdrop the name incase some or all of this is slightly off....
Mum's the word, Huck Jack.  Mum's the word.

titsonboar

His arse was on fire and his head was catching.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:04:06 pm
well...of the other assistant coaches....Bielemas boys...it seems that according to one story a coach (STILL ON STAFF! Btw) ...  liked to prank voach taver and went over the line on a couple of occasions. I am told that for fun...said coach used to have one of the grad assistants leave a suprize in a poppa johns pizza box and hide it in Taverns office..  then the SAME coach (who can speak like Donald Duck) would call and in duck voice start harassing Taver and get him fired up. Then hed ask him to go look in the Poppa Johns box in the bottom filing cabinet. 

Jack Blasingame

I know I HATE when somebody speaks in Donald duck.  People that do that should be whooped with a long piece of switch cane. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hogfanssay on February 13, 2014, 01:26:36 pm
I bet Shannon was even on his way out until Bielema slapped some "Assistant Head Coach" title on him to make him feel better.

Assuming the worst case scenario is the norm here...I guess
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pondwater jack

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 04:18:49 pm
Guys, Jack is full of it! Taver did not leave because he got the heebie jeebies, he left because he got the WILLIES.  Completely different, and WAY more believable.
just now saw this...listen...nwhen i said Traver said he "had the heebie jeebies" i was saying the direct quote that i was given by my source.  theres a gap as big as the royal gorge between the heebie jeebies and the willies.  the heebie jeebies is 85-90% of the time refering to a ghost or paranormal.  Willies is a living creepy thing.   

2 glowing eyes in a window on the second floor...heebie jeebies

Dirty old man trying to get kids to pet his jackvrussell terrier "rascal" = willies

pondwater jack

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 13, 2014, 04:38:28 pm
I know I HATE when somebody speaks in Donald duck.  People that do that should be whooped with a long piece of switch cane.
i agree. Same page.  but where do you get that kind of cane nowdays?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:42:08 pm
i agree. Same page.  but where do you get that kind of cane nowdays?

I've got some growing in a thicket behind my house.  But I don't go back there anymore because it gives me the heebie-jeebies (or the willies)? Awww hell I don't know, now I'm confused. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Bebop

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:04:06 pm

Jack Blasingame

Bet that won't happen at Peru.

PorkRinds

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:40:39 pm
just now saw this...listen...nwhen i said Traver said he "had the heebie jeebies" i was saying the direct quote that i was given by my source.  theres a gap as big as the royal gorge between the heebie jeebies and the willies.  the heebie jeebies is 85-90% of the time refering to a ghost or paranormal.  Willies is a living creepy thing.   

2 glowing eyes in a window on the second floor...heebie jeebies

Dirty old man trying to get kids to pet his jackvrussell terrier "rascal" = willies

Like I said, he had the willies, NOT the heebie jeebies.  Ole Jim Chaney showed him a few too many home videos, jack. 

pondwater jack

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 04:50:09 pm
Like I said, he had the willies, NOT the heebie jeebies.  Ole Jim Chaney showed him a few too many home videos, jack.
Chaney: "Taver!  Come here!  come pet my rascal!"
Taver:  "Coach i dont want to pet rascal. Can we get back to breaking down this film so i can  go vsee my      family?" 

Chaney: "Look at this furry little scamp Taver!  Reach down and give 'em  a scratch.!"
Talvert: "Coach im going home. "

I doubt that happened.

PorkRinds

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 04:57:00 pm
Chaney: "Taver!  Come here!  come pet my rascal!"
Taver:  "Coach i dont want to pet rascal. Can we get back to breaking down this film so i can  go vsee my      family?" 

Chaney: "Look at this furry little scamp Taver!  Reach down and give 'em  a scratch.!"
Talvert: "Coach im going home. "

I doubt that happened.

Heck, maybe it was the heebie jeebies then.  Now I'm confused.

PharmacistHog

pondwater jack

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 13, 2014, 05:04:31 pm
See.
what kinds of meds could you give for the  heebiejeebies?  i hate to put you to work but what do give a man with rats in his head?

TexHog188

He did not like the cold weather in Fayetteville.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

cal34

PharmacistHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 05:08:34 pm
what kinds of meds could you give for the  heebiejeebies?  i hate to put you to work but what do give a man with rats in his head?

Warfarin.  Gets rid of those rats. 

pondwater jack

PonderinHog

PharmacistHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 05:24:35 pm
well  he moved north. 

Well that just proves he wasn't very smart so we don't need him. 

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 12:52:37 pm
..ni have heard several rumors but just wanted to see if anyone knew for certain.. Boby Swapperd is talking about it now.
J holly

Someone said he might have taken a job up there or something, but my inside sources are telling me that's just a rumor, nothing concrete yet.

but don't quote me on that.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 13, 2014, 05:46:33 pm
Someone said he might have taken a job up there or something, but my inside sources are telling me that's just a rumor, nothing concrete yet.

but don't quote me on that.

Too late. You have officially been quoted.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 02:27:59 pm
Perdue not Peru. Stupid phone.  >:(

I asked my buddy, Emmett Fitz-Hume, what happened and he seemed to think it was more Paraguayan in nature. He said Tavern had stated that recruiting was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the team would never have if the coach, our coach, had not and as far as he knows, that's the way it will always be. So, that seems pretty clear and while the hebbie jebbies probably do have some degree of merit, I think they may have been a smokescreen for the Paraguayan thing. Now, if there were jeepers creepers ongoing, that might blow the story wide open.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Jack, tell them what you know about the ghost of you know who haunting that office.

weresoclose

Quote from: rlh06 on February 13, 2014, 07:28:16 pm
Now, if there were jeepers creepers ongoing, that might blow the story wide open.

Hehe

MrThunderhog

Any chance him Tavern leaving had anything to do with shower towel popping incident that occurred after the LSYOU game? Rumored to be brutal yet justified.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on February 13, 2014, 09:28:08 pm
Jack, tell them what you know about the ghost of you know who haunting that office.
You mean the DR thing, OTR?  That's an old wives tail.  Ain't it?!

I don't think that would be what gave Traver the heebie jeebies.  Do you?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 14, 2014, 12:10:46 am

Heebie jeebies, willies, tails on wives, midland mafia, moving the tavern to another state....WTH is going on in here?

I have often heard about "Peruvian Goddesses" when referring to women, but I thought Taver was a married man.  Why would he want to go there?     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Chuck Boarris

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 01:11:18 pm
jimmy hass. Hes a radio announcer here i understand. Hes also a hotshot bowler (real cocky) ovrr at midland bowl.  practically owns the joint

I had relations with his daughter a few times several years ago. It was a low point in my life.

MissippHog

This thread has potential fellas  :)  Much needed too.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: MissippHog on February 14, 2014, 03:14:09 am
Much needed too.

Didn't OTR have a buddy or relative with a dump truck that used to haul much?

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: smb on February 14, 2014, 04:54:23 am
It don't take long to get off topic does it?

Well, this is Hogville after all, and it is the off season.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 14, 2014, 12:10:46 am

Yes, the ghost of Darrell Royal's head, the apparition that keeps popping up all over the Boyles center and at the stadium on game days. 

Jack don't come in here talking about this unless you are willing to face the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

IBleedRazorbackRed