Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can anyone confirn why Tavern left for Purdue

Started by pondwater jack, February 13, 2014, 12:52:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 28, 2014, 12:38:10 pm
so you are saying that DR's head is not actually floating, but impaled on a staff and was given to frank broyles as a retirement gift?

Johnson and staff - people or so childish. His retirement gift was a handcrafted Pizzle Whip imported from Peru.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Mike_e on February 28, 2014, 03:07:51 pm

Now we can be proud of ol Brett for laughin off DR's flamin head cause if the head weren't there then what ever the secret ingredient of the secret weapon that the space aliens are going to use to take over the world would be gone because he'd have gotten the heebe jeebes too and would have spilled it.

mike! you're inadvertently reopening the portal of evil heads from hell man!! stop that!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Albert Einswine

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 28, 2014, 01:01:07 pm
From what I can gather, which admittedly is becoming somewhat difficult, is that some are suggesting that part of Frank's retirement package is that he will have full spectral head rights to float through the center that bears his name.  I don't know how you can legislate the paranormal, but that's what's being suggested.

That seems only right and just, especially since Frank and Darrell Royal were good friends and golfing buddies.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PorkSoda

February 28, 2014, 08:16:49 pm #203 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:45:21 am by PorkSoda
Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 28, 2014, 07:52:58 pm

That seems only right and just, especially since Frank and Darrell Royal were good friends and golfing buddies.
I wouldnt be suprised to see Royal's flaming floating head as Broyles caddy in augusta this year. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

thebignasty

I wasn't going to share but since some of you have been so forthright about your own experiences with War Darrell....

A few years ago on the lower level of the student union I noticed the distinct smell of burning ozone. The kind of smell you might expect the burning spectral head of Darrel Royal to make though at the time being woefully unaware of the possible or likely presence of the flaming ghost melon of an SWC coaching legend on campus I didnt know to expect it. My hackles sure were up though.  In addition to that smell I did hear distant- as if from another realm- voice, with lots of reverb, say, in a lazy drawl, 'you gunna run to tulsa now, highschool? The hurry up no huddle wont work there either, you two bit failure.'

I didnt see anything and didnt learn of the flaming ghastly head of Darrell Royal until sometime later, but even I can put two and two together.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 28, 2014, 12:38:10 pm
so you are saying that DR's head is not actually floating, but impaled on a staff and was given to frank broyles as a retirement gift?

I don't know about the impalement of Darrell Royal's head but word on the street is one of Frank Broyles' retirement gifts was none other than the iconic, reasonably priced, Skymall garden bigfoot.  I think that in and of itself proves the existence of bigfoot. Reports that he also got the 6' garden Moai statue have gone unconfirmed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Word out of the BAC today is Darrell Royal's floating, flaming, phantom head will make an appearance at the spring game as part of the unveiling of the new, secondary logo.  The spectral head flames will also be changing over to align with the new, cardinal consistency plan (CCP), formerly known as the Great Cardinal Debate. It will be great to see Darrell Royal's floating, spectral head blazing in a consistent Pantone shade of cardinal flames. Go Hogs!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

JayBell

This might be the most grammatically incorrect thread in the history of Hogville.

And that's no small task.

PorkSoda

I suppose you think this is a futbol board.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Inhogswetrust

I think Tavern left for Purdue because they offed him a job he decided he wanted.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PorkSoda

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 18, 2014, 04:28:56 pm
I think Tavern left for Purdue because they offed him a job he decided he wanted.
if you are going to post outlandish conspiracy theories then start your own thread. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 18, 2014, 04:31:29 pm
if you are going to post outlandish conspiracy theories then start your own thread. 

Agreed!  That was just some crazy, tin foil hat stuff he threw out there.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Albert Einswine on April 18, 2014, 05:40:34 pm

Haha! Just having a little fun!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike_e

Quote from: Albert Einswine on April 18, 2014, 05:40:34 pm

Albert.  Fer shame fer shame.

You of all people aught ta know that the real conspiricy is them tellin folks that the tinfoil keeps the brainwaves in when since tinfoil conducts electrikity -like when you blow a fuse and ya put a big ole wad of it inthere and screw the blowed fuse back inthere an everythin starts working again- what wearin one of those ol tinfoil hats is really doin is amplificatin yer brainwaves so that them space aliens can pick em up easier.

I'll bet ol Daryl Royal used to wear one of em and them space aliens done got him in a machine somewheres and are projectin it around the BAC tryin to get ol Brett to spill it on our new secret weapon.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!