Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

can anyone confirn why Tavern left for Purdue

Started by pondwater jack, February 13, 2014, 12:52:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pondwater jack

..ni have heard several rumors but just wanted to see if anyone knew for certain.. Boby Swapperd is talking about it now.
J holly
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

hogcam

Supposedly Bret did not like what Taver and Ash were doing with the defense and told them that he was not going to fire them, but to start looking for another job.  I said supposedly.

pondwater jack

Jimmy just said (on Swapperds show) just said UAFS  would whip us in basketball  and baseball.. Fwiw
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

IBleedRazorbackRed

I'm sure playing second fiddle to robb smith wasn't what taver had in mind. I don't blame him

smb

February 13, 2014, 01:02:18 pm #5 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:06:34 pm by smb
Don't you think it's kind of funny that he jump ship when CBB was out of town?
GeorgiaHOG

PorkRinds

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 12:58:00 pm
Jimmy just said (on Swapperds show) just said UAFS  would whip us in basketball  and baseball.. Fwiw

Whoever jimmy is, he's also a complete moron.

pondwater jack

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 13, 2014, 12:59:49 pm
I'm sure playing second fiddle to robb smith wasn't what taver had in mind. I don't blame him
that may have contributed for shure but i heard therewas other factors and that Bielima and him didnt see eye to eye.  i heard that Taver had some issues he wanted addressed and couldnt get any traction when talking to ash then Bielima... Fwiw

PorkSoda

why move the tavern to purdue?  boilermaker chicks are hot, that's why
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 13, 2014, 01:08:41 pm

That's been confirned, right?

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 13, 2014, 01:08:41 pm

It was still below when I logged on, I didn't realize they'd moved it.

pondwater jack

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 01:06:29 pm
Whoever jimmy is, he's also a complete moron.
jimmy hass. Hes a radio announcer here i understand. Hes also a hotshot bowler (real cocky) ovrr at midland bowl.  practically owns the joint

pondwater jack

Quote from: ricepig on February 13, 2014, 01:10:51 pm
It was still below when I logged on, I didn't realize they'd moved it.
shut your fat melon ricepig

PonderinHog

1Hog1/2Ham

Possibly to be in a better place for him, better security for family and their future. These type things do factor in for some men.

Looks like an opportunity for that and I wish him well.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 01:11:18 pm
jimmy hass. Hes a radio announcer here i understand. Hes also a hotshot bowler (real cocky) ovrr at midland bowl.  practically owns the joint

Lol.  Big shot huh? Local radio announcer AND runs Midland bowl like the mob?  I better keep my mouth shut then.  I'll be reliving the Big Lebowski soon enough if I don't.

pondwater jack

Quote from: 1Hog1/2Ham on February 13, 2014, 01:15:27 pm
Possibly to be in a better place for him, better security for family and their future. These type things do factor in for some men.

Looks like an opportunity for that and I wish him well.
well i wont spend 1 minute trying to grief over the loss of a pertino holdover. But there was more to it than that. I heard on at least 1 issue they laughed right in his face...

pondwater jack

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 13, 2014, 01:16:58 pm
Lol.  Big shot huh? Local radio announcer AND runs Midland bowl like the mob?  I better keep my mouth shut then.  I'll be reliving the Big Lebowski soon enough if I don't.
laugh it up Pork Rinds. But Jimmy has had a choke hold on the local  bowling league for a while know.  its nice to be able to engineer every tourney to your favor. Helluva gig if you can get it..hes a powerbroker and he.. In MY OPINION.... Dont play fair

hogfanssay

Bielema stated that one of the reasons he came to Arkansas was because he couldn't pay assistants enough to keep them at Wisconsin and would have the money to do so at Arkansas.... A little over a year later we have lost 3 assistant coaches. Ash took a pay cut and is now a CO-Coordinator instead of THE coordinator at Arkansas. I understand Partridge leaving for a head coaching job. Now Johnson leaves for Purdue? I bet Shannon was even on his way out until Bielema slapped some "Assistant Head Coach" title on him to make him feel better.

The real Hogules

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 01:11:18 pm

Have you ever seen Midland Bowl?
It's a dump.
Last I knew the Spears owned MB.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

pondwater jack

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 13, 2014, 01:30:36 pm
It's a dump.
i quit going there when i ceased to be able to get a fair game. When Hass took over everything changed.  lot of bullying an intimidasion in the leagues.  the main rule? " everbody plays hard and in the end jimmy hass wins the trophy!" 

I heard he wrecked midland one night when he laid an egg in a tourney.. Cops called

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: hogcam on February 13, 2014, 12:57:25 pm
Supposedly Bret did not like what Taver and Ash were doing with the defense and told them that he was not going to fire them, but to start looking for another job.  I said supposedly.

Considering we lost AT LEAST two games in which we blew a fourth-quarter lead.....................not surprising..........

pondwater jack

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on February 13, 2014, 01:39:51 pm
Considering we lost AT LEAST two games in which we blew a fourth-quarter lead.....................not surprising..........
the rutgers game was unacceptable. Grated.. Ill give you that

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: hogfanssay on February 13, 2014, 01:26:36 pm
Bielema stated that one of the reasons he came to Arkansas was because he couldn't pay assistants enough to keep them at Wisconsin and would have the money to do so at Arkansas.... A little over a year later we have lost 3 assistant coaches. Ash took a pay cut and is now a CO-Coordinator instead of THE coordinator at Arkansas. I understand Partridge leaving for a head coaching job. Now Johnson leaves for Purdue? I bet Shannon was even on his way out until Bielema slapped some "Assistant Head Coach" title on him to make him feel better.
I bet you have no clue what you are talking about.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Ben Swine on February 13, 2014, 01:45:37 pm
I bet you have no clue what you are talking about.
yeah i am hearing some pretty far out stuff played into his decision to go to Purdue. Not your topical exit for shure.. 

J holly  blasingame

thefisher

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 01:41:33 pm
the rutgers game was unacceptable. Grated.. Ill give you that

I think most would agree that the final drive by LSU was as well.

Obviously the Hogs had MAJOR problems in the secondary last year.  To have coaching changes in those position coaches would be expected it seems to me  With Ash and Taver gone we will at least see something different in the secondary next year!

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Hogarusa

A hotshot bowler at Midland Bowl
A tavern has moved to Purdue
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

pondwater jack

Were all the coaches moved in the bew building yet?

weresoclose

What the hell is going on around here???????!!!!!!?!?!?!?

pondwater jack

Do you have any info about Traver Johnston going to Peru?

pondwater jack

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: lowberh on February 13, 2014, 02:06:44 pm
A hotshot bowler at Midland Bowl
A tavern has moved to Purdue

A hotshot bowler at Midland Bowl,
A tavern has moved to Purdue,
To win at Midland, you must pay the toll,
No more ale on Dickson for you.

PonderinHog

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 02:27:10 pm

I heard it, too, Jack, and it ain't funny why he left. I'd have left, too.  With all the paranormal things going on in the world right now anyway, having it right in your office and everybody ignoring it is certainly enough to leave town over.

pondwater jack

If you guys dont come to contribute then keep it to yourself. 

I have a friend who says that Traver Johnston made several complaints starting after the Auburn game...ball of which fell on deaf ears!  basically he was laughed out if town!  if it hapoened it was wrong dven if i dobt like him as a coarch.  Our staff has to b sensitive to complaints.

Bebop

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 02:27:10 pm

He might be tired of all the English speakers.

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 02:59:32 pm

I have a friend who says that Traver Johnston made several complaints starting after the Auburn game...ball of which fell on deaf ears!  basically he was laughed out if town!  if it hapoened it was wrong dven if i dobt like him as a coarch.  Our staff has to b sensitive to complaints.

What were the complaints about?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Bebop

What where the complaints?

pondwater jack

Quote from: HogFan#1 on February 13, 2014, 03:02:38 pm
Cause Bielema told him to hit the road, Jack
i one theory (of many) that he felt that his office was haunted.. He asked to bbe moved on 2 occasions and was ignored.   I heard that he frwquently worked late and would get the "heebie jeebies" walkin down the hall.   he tol CBB and Bret laughed in  his face.. Never took  him  serious!  Boys... Hog fan or not...if a coach had the heebie jeebies  .....thats on us.  period.

Jack  blasingame

pondwater jack

Alsohheard a couplebof the coaches lost confidence

opineonswine

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 03:08:01 pm
i one theory (of many) that he felt that his office was haunted.. He asked to bbe moved on 2 occasions and was ignored.   I heard that he frwquently worked late and would get the "heebie jeebies" walkin down the hall.   he tol CBB and Bret laughed in  his face.. Never took  him  serious!  Boys... Hog fan or not...if a coach had the heebie jeebies  .....thats on us.  period.

Jack  blasingame

LOL

HF#1

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 13, 2014, 03:08:01 pm

Jack  blasingame

Don't mess with tha heebie jeebies.  Makes sense why he left wit no notice
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

pondwater jack

Quote from: Chris D on February 13, 2014, 03:03:54 pm
What where the complaints?
always felt like he was being watched when alone in his office.. He said it gave him. ..in his words to bbielema " the heebie jeebies." 

I dont know what I believe about ghosts but i have had the heebie jeebies and it can take over your mind.. Probly made it harder to do his job.   

Why dont you move a guy and save the trouble of him  leaving in account of a haint?

Jhholly

Dumb ole famrboy

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 13, 2014, 01:30:36 pm
It's a dump.
The last time I went to Midland Bowl, I tried to leave on a Saturday night at around 10:00 and my truck wouldn't start. Turns out the fuel pump went out. Some dude with about three teeth in a truck with a self loader rolled up with what were undoubtedly a couple of hookers in the cab and tried to get me to let him tow my truck to wherever his shop was. Of course I refused and my dad came and got me. Went back the next morning and was tickled to see that I still had hubcaps. Rough place.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

PonderinHog

I can neither confirn nor deny that, Jack?   :-X

Mr. Porkleone

HogInFlorida

Probably because Bielema demoted him when he gave Smith control of the whole secondary.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

pondwater jack

A more "plausible" reason (i copied that word from ponderinhog) might be that he got tired of some of the hazing from his peers. Bret needs to reign that in.  i know that he was a holdover but heck!  be professional.  some of that stuff was over the top.