Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kj hill

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 13, 2014, 11:53:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hollywood hog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 13, 2014, 06:03:12 pm
Again you're going off of suppositions, rumors, etc. So Gragg wears an OM shirt and he's now a fan (enough to commit)? Didn't he just visit 'Bama and tweet "roll tide"? What about his family history with the Hogs (not saying that's the end-all-to-be-all but it doesn't count for anything)? And KJ is RUMORED to be an Awbarn lean? Again, what makes that on official commit? Same thing with Pettway?

So we're getting worked up BEFORE any of these kids have announced or perhaps even decided. As much as I want as many top flight in-state players to stay and play for the Hogs, I'm certainly NOT going to start writing off any or all of these kids some 11+ months prior to the '15 NSD. IMHO for your own peace of mind may I suggest you try chillin' about all this and let the coaches do their jobs. In the end whatever we think or hope the KIDS will be the one's who'll make their decisions and that's whether we like or agree with such or not.

You seem worked up.  Printing in bold and attacking me.  And no kidding the kids will sign where they want.  If they didn't why would I need to worry? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 13, 2014, 06:07:21 pm
You seem worked up.  Printing in bold and attacking me.  And no kidding the kids will sign where they want.  If they didn't why would I need to worry?
Not attacking unless you believe a "Chicken Little" approach to future recruiting results is totally appropriate at this point. Just sayin'.......

RNHog

Follow the stars!!!! Nevermind the player!

ricepig

redeye

Quote from: Hog1952 on February 13, 2014, 04:41:29 pm
I don't think we get him.....something not right going on at NLR High School!

Juan Day would disagree.

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 13, 2014, 05:47:14 pm
Gragg is an Ole Miss fan, KJ Hill has been rumored to be an Auburn lean for months and I think that is accurate.  And our recruiting guys think Pettway signs with Bama.  That's why I'm not feeling good about them.  That and the fact that we've only won 7 games the last 2 years.  And as far as being Recruiting Coordinator I'm quite sure I could pull off just as many whiffs or possibly more than our current coordinator just did. 

Oops, let me edit this because I didn't realize we had just fired our Recruiting Coordinator.  I can't whiff nearly as much as him now.

I can't decide if you're a delusional Arkansas fan or someone pretending to be a delusional Arkansas fan.

hollywood hog

Quote from: redeye on February 13, 2014, 08:00:09 pm
Juan Day would disagree.

I can't decide if you're a delusional Arkansas fan

;)

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 13, 2014, 01:07:07 pm
How many years do we need to lose 1 of the top players for you to see the trend and say it needs to stop?

It's unrealistic to think we can sign every player that has an Arkansas address, it's almost naive.

We do a great job of signing in-state talent, we're of course number one in the SEC by a mile on the low number that choose to go out of state, but we are also probably #1 on a percentage basis, although that is tougher to do when you live in a state that loses one in-state recruit and it's equal to 25% of your total SEC talent for that year.

lsu lost freakin two 5-star and four 4-star in-state players in this class alone and finished with the #2 class.

We're not going to get over the recruiting hump by picking up that one extra in-state 4-star per year by batting 1.000 in state.  We're going to do it by recruiting successfully nationwide.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

redeye

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 13, 2014, 09:05:11 pm
It's unrealistic to think we can sign every player that has an Arkansas address, it's almost naive.

We do a great job of signing in-state talent, we're of course number one in the SEC by a mile on the low number that choose to go out of state, but we are also probably #1 on a percentage basis, although that is tougher to do when you live in a state that loses one in-state recruit and it's equal to 25% of your total SEC talent for that year.

lsu lost freakin two 5-star and four 4-star in-state players in this class alone and finished with the #2 class.

We're not going to get over the recruiting hump by picking up that one extra in-state 4-star per year by batting 1.000 in state.  We're going to do it by recruiting successfully nationwide.

I agree with this, but it's still critical that we sign as many instate "SEC players" as possible.  From where we stand, a couple of great players can make a lot of difference.  Our typical class has anywhere from two to eight 4-5 star players, with four being about average, but our most successful years came after we had signed a class closer to eight.

Having said that, if Bielema misses on all of them, but signs nine from out of state, then I'm okay with that, too.

Hog1952

Quote from: redeye on February 13, 2014, 08:00:09 pm
Juan Day would disagree.

I can't decide if you're a delusional Arkansas fan or someone pretending to be a delusional Arkansas fan.
Not 2nickels. One out of three isn't good....something smells.

redeye

Quote from: Hog1952 on February 13, 2014, 11:09:29 pm
Not 2nickels. One out of three isn't good....something smells.

One out of three?  Who's the other player we didn't get?

redleg

Who knows what the 17-18 year old kids are thinking?! I certainly don't! And I'm willing to bet NONE of you on Hogville know either, with the exception of Richard Davenport. Kids choose things for the strangest reasons sometimes.
Pettway might choose Alabama because of family matters, but I can guarantee you he's thinking that he is good enough to go to Tuscaloosa and start right away. He most likely isn't good enough to do that, but that's what highly talented athletes think and feel..."I'll sign with Alabama and just go down there and beat all those other guys out for the starting job, and then go on to the NFL." Pettway wouldn't be the first teenager to think that.
The reality is very different, just ask Altee Tenpenny. I betcha we could ask Josh Frazier about it in a year's time too.
There doesn't seem to be any loyalty to the Razorbacks when it comes to the higher ranked in-state players. Then again, there is nothing that says they are required to go to Fayetteville, but it certainly is disappointing when they don't. In fact, it makes me down-right angry when they choose a rival SEC school, and then help them beat that players hometown Hogs. As far as I am concerned, if you don't wanna play for Arkansas, at least have the decency to sign with a non-SEC school so you're not compete against us. But hey, they don't care how I feel about it. They don't care how any of YOU feel about it either. It's their decision. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I've gotta root for them, or start a fan club for them. Tenpenny isn't ours any more. He belongs to Alabama. Let THEM cheer for him.
If Gragg, Hill, and Pettway don't want to go to school at Arkansas, that's their choice, and I wish them luck in the academic endeavors. But don't expect me to cheer for the team you do choose, and don't expect me to be a member of your fan club while you're helping your team beat  the Hogs.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

bobcat ball

Quote from: redeye on February 13, 2014, 11:36:14 pm
One out of three?  Who's the other player we didn't get?

Prolly counting Hill as a loss already!!

WOO PIG

jry04

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 13, 2014, 12:16:02 pm
The mass exodus of Arkansas kids to the state of Alabama?  I agree that our 3 million dollar man should be able to keep these boys home.  This class could make or break Bielema.  Right now, I don't like the look of things.  I don't think we get Hill, Gragg, or Pettway and that's ridiculous and completely unacceptable. 
You don't like the looks of already having 3 or 4 4* recruits  and a top 10 class so far?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jry04 on February 14, 2014, 02:33:39 pm
You don't like the looks of already having 3 or 4 4* recruits  and a top 10 class so far?
Nah. Apparently he's happy to settle for anyone just as long as they're from the state. Otherwise you could have ten 5 stars and the rest 4s but if they're not all homegrown he's not ever going to be satisfied.

Quickdraw Razorback

If KJ had to sign today it would be with Arkansas.

Tim Harris

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 13, 2014, 09:05:11 pm

Of course it isn't realistic to think we get everyone but we have to minimize our misses. You say we have to go nationwide which we do but every SEC kid we get in state is one less we have to go find.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 14, 2014, 05:48:50 pm
Of course it isn't realistic to think we get everyone but we have to minimize our misses. You say we have to go nationwide which we do but every SEC kid we get in state is one less we have to go find.

If you get a KJ Hill or a JoJo Robinson, does it really matter if you fill your needs? I understand we want to get the local kids, and I do too, it helps to keep the talent in-state and helps the programs perception. But in reality, you can't force a kid to go anywhere they don't wish to, and a 4* should be the same, no matter what state they are from.

HogsOfAnarchy

To answer my own post kj hill was announced now as a 4 star ranking per 247

GEO-HOG

Also noticed most of our commits dropped down the list

redeye

Quote from: GEO-HOG on February 18, 2014, 05:35:24 pm
Also noticed most of our commits dropped down the list

Who dropped?  I must be missing it, because I don't see any who have dropped.

Porkahontas

Quote from: redeye on February 18, 2014, 07:44:11 pm

Froholdt dropped.

Bell dropped.

Storey dropped.

We have 3 commits in their top 247 and all 3 fell some.

Really could care less though, we know what kinda players we are getting, it doesn't make two flips where the recruiting wonks on these pay boards shuffle them since its based on subscriber numbers anyhow.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: redeye on February 18, 2014, 07:44:11 pm

Froholdt dropped 5 spots, Storey dropped 36 spots and Bell dropped 23
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

justmaybe

I don't think pettway has an offer because he has not been to campus yet. And he has had opportunity. He has been to Alabama. Yes there are other guys from outside the state who have some offers I guess but if a guy tells you he wants to go to Bama ( which is what we have heard) and he won't take a short trip to the hill then I bet he gets the offer at camp. The interest has to go both ways to get an early offer. I'll bet if he had been on campus he would have an offer. Correct if I missed he had been on campus.

hogwild210

Hadn't seen this posted. How awesome is this?!

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

redeye

Looks like his return against Tennessee.

Pretty awesome!

YouCrawl_IQuall

Quote from: redeye on March 23, 2014, 01:28:00 pm
Looks like his return against Tennessee.

Pretty awesome!

Did the downed Tennessee player in the background give it away?

redeye

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on March 23, 2014, 01:47:25 pm
Did the downed Tennessee player in the background give it away?

No, I just know things.

hogwild210

I'd be willing to bet they do one of these for Gragg. How cool would that be?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

RNHog

Awesome!!!

You guys be sure to flood him with tweets to let him know how awesome this is!!!!!!

[sarcasm]

Piggfoot

I certainly want Arkansas kids to be Razorbacks but the expectations placed on these kids by the fans and media may be more than some of them want to accept. Some kids don't want to go to school in their home state and its a good thing that happens or we would be at the bottom in the SEC every year. We depend on athletes from out of state to build our program. In the end the important thing is our recruiting of top quality athletes and it doesn't really matter if those who choose to be Razorbacks come from Arkansas or Denmark.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hoggish1

The mass exodus of Arkansas kids to the state of Alabama?  I agree that our 3 million dollar man should be able to keep these boys home.  This class could make or break Bielema.  Right now, I don't like the look of things.  I don't think we get Hill, Gragg, or Pettway and that's ridiculous and completely unacceptable. 

If we don't get them, better pray they all go to FSU.  The last thing I want is for another Arkansas kid to go to any other SEC team!

hogville38

purely just an assumption by you and I think we get 2 out of three. CBB is fine. Stop with the drama...please

Porkahontas

We'll get all 3 of these kids. The rest of the in-state guys will help reel them in.

Gragg will be the first domino to fall. Look at his twitter photos, a LOT of Razorback related stuff in there. Plus he's got "Arkansas made" tattooed across his biceps. Pettaway will be next, and those two along with Storey will keep Hill at home.

Hopefully Stewart and O'Grady will jump on board soon. We get enough in-state guys on board and it will build a lot of momentum.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Porkahontas on March 23, 2014, 08:24:38 pm
We'll get all 3 of these kids. The rest of the in-state guys will help reel them in.

Gragg will be the first domino to fall. Look at his twitter photos, a LOT of Razorback related stuff in there. Plus he's got "Arkansas made" tattooed across his biceps. Pettaway will be next, and those two along with Storey will keep Hill at home.

Hopefully Stewart and O'Grady will jump on board soon. We get enough in-state guys on board and it will build a lot of momentum.

Unless our season is not only a disappointment, but a total cluster #@$%, I have trouble believing that we'll lose any of these kids.
These kids will take some visits, but when it's time to put pen to paper they'll all be Razorbacks.
Hill & Gragg have stated their desire to play together in college and where better than for the home state school? The school where Will's brother played college football.
These kids already believe in themselves and each other, as long as they can believe in the college coach and his offense and defense the majority of them will choose to stay home and play in front of family and friends and for the home state.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on February 14, 2014, 06:05:20 pm
If you get a KJ Hill or a JoJo Robinson, does it really matter if you fill your needs? I understand we want to get the local kids, and I do too, it helps to keep the talent in-state and helps the programs perception. But in reality, you can't force a kid to go anywhere they don't wish to, and a 4* should be the same, no matter what state they are from.

Way to reasonable and wise a post to be on HV. Stop It!

(I agree 100%)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LJHOG

Quote from: redleg on February 14, 2014, 08:40:37 am
Who knows what the 17-18 year old kids are thinking?! I certainly don't!
I do.  And they ain't thinkin' bout no football this time of year.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Porkahontas on March 23, 2014, 08:24:38 pm

I agree with this. I think the '15 in-state class is going to be one for the ages. Gonna be great!
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

RNHog

Quote from: LJHOG on March 24, 2014, 08:18:38 pm
I do.  And they ain't thinkin' bout no football this time of year.

That's why I think it is hilarious that these grown folks follow them around and stalk them.