Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Froholdt

Started by sickboy, February 11, 2014, 02:24:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboy

In case anyone wanted to see what kind of player we're getting -- here's a little highlight of Froholdt at a Nike combine. Some of his other highlights look like he's playing against pop warner kids in Ohio -- but he looks like a beast here against seemingly good competition.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9344873

secneahog

Link says it's unavailable at this time on the site for me.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Music City Hog

Quote from: secneahog on February 11, 2014, 03:21:21 am
Link says it's unavailable at this time on the site for me.

Me too

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Sir Oinksalot

...exactly, thanks sickboy, wow just wow....

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Hog N Bama

Dadgum! Can't wait to see him in a hog uniform on the field.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hogzilla3

WOW,,, and just a junior!!!!

Attila the Hog

Coaches need to stay on him like white on rice.  You can figure Urban Meyers and others are not going to sit back just because he is committed.   We have to avoid the flip.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on February 11, 2014, 02:24:11 am
In case anyone wanted to see what kind of player we're getting -- here's a little highlight of Froholdt at a Nike combine. Some of his other highlights look like he's playing against pop warner kids in Ohio -- but he looks like a beast here against seemingly good competition.

+1. He is unbelievably light on his feet for his size. Incredible athlete. Beast!
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

pillowhog

Thanks a lot.  Anymore videos like this on other players would be much appreciated.  +1

HogFanatic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on February 11, 2014, 02:24:11 am

That kid has a thick body for a Junior in HS. Big boy who moves really well, seems very quick and really seems to use his hands very well.
Go Hogs Go!

Dirty

IBleedRazorbackRed

Talked to him on twitter the other day. Will have a blog post up sometime this week. He said he'll probably go to a prep school in either Florida or Connecticut. So that'll be good to keep him out of ohio.

whosiskid

I've seen some game footage of him and he really is an absolutely amazing player. In that footage he was a man playing with children. I love the story of when he arrived at the American HS where he was an exchange student as a sophomore. His coach was dubious about a big kid who wasn't American and who had only played 7 man football. But from day one he was the most dominant player on the field.

If Froholdt had played more football and had been in the US last year I think he would have been a five star prospect. Keep in mind he also played tight end. I have high hopes for his bother as well. He has only played HS  7 man football. He is stronger than his brother and a little bit bigger. And if you've seen the videos they make together for Arkansas seems to be the only school he would be willing to attend. I think he'll walk on, unless he plays so well that we feel compelled to offer.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Razorhawg09

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 11, 2014, 08:59:14 am
Talked to him on twitter the other day. Will have a blog post up sometime this week. He said he'll probably go to a prep school in either Florida or Connecticut. So that'll be good to keep him out of ohio.
Hopefully Connecticut. FSU was one of his finalists.

HogFanatic

Quote from: whosiskid on February 11, 2014, 09:19:38 am
I've seen some game footage of him and he really is an absolutely amazing player. In that footage he was a man playing with children. I love the story of when he arrived at the American HS where he was an exchange student as a sophomore. His coach was dubious about a big kid who wasn't American and who had only played 7 man football. But from day one he was the most dominant player on the field.

If Froholdt had played more football and had been in the US last year I think he would have been a five star prospect. Keep in mind he also played tight end. I have high hopes for his bother as well. He has only played HS  7 man football. He is stronger than his brother and a little bit bigger. And if you've seen the videos they make together for Arkansas seems to be the only school he would be willing to attend. I think he'll walk on, unless he plays so well that we feel compelled to offer.

I imagine he will earn a scholarship. I don't think he is as tall as his bro, but dude is an absolute monster.

The_Iceman

On 3rd and long, you could run either Philon or Jackson at DT, with Froholdt and Wise at DE. That would give you a big, but fast 3 man front in 2015. If we had the LBs, you could even go 3-4 at times.

hogwild210

Holy CRAP. That kid can move.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

YodaHog

Remind me again why he committed to us so early?

SemperFi

Love his speed and strength. Some of those guys he just went right around, some he drove backwards. The young man can play and will be an absolute force for us.

He and his brother both appear to really love Arkansas. I don't see him flipping even if the other coaches put the full court press on him. Also, he's big enough that if he tells you to back off, you back off...LOL!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Georgeofthejungle

I'm starting to think he is going to grow into a DT, rather than a DE. He already is big at 16-17 years old(not sure of his age) and can only imagine him in another 2-3 years.

acey33

He sure looks like a Beast in the video, I see him getting bigger and stronger as he gets older...Maybe AR. version of dare i say it JJ Watt...WPS

redleg

Is there any reason why he wouldn't play his senior year at a school here in Arkansas...say like, Fayetteville High? I should think Bielema would want to keep him as close as possible!
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

LRHog234

Someone tell me they saw the kid get the bill of his hat slapped into his face by the black guy with the beard while he was trying to go in for the high five..

sickboy

Quote from: LRHog234 on February 11, 2014, 04:24:38 pm
Someone tell me they saw the kid get the bill of his hat slapped into his face by the black guy with the beard while he was trying to go in for the high five..

Ha. Yeah, I noticed that.

flagstaffhog

February 11, 2014, 05:02:41 pm #26 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:53:34 pm by flagstaffhog
That is a big boy who can move.....I do remember reading something about his little brother - shorter than Hjalte but weighs more and is just as strong...
Go HOGS Go!

hoofer

Quote from: redleg on February 11, 2014, 12:14:40 pm
Is there any reason why he wouldn't play his senior year at a school here in Arkansas...say like, Fayetteville High? I should think Bielema would want to keep him as close as possible!

exactly what i was thinking. i don't know how that works with booster rules but i bet there are several people in NWA that would love to host him for his senior year.

whosiskid

Quote from: flagstaffhog on February 11, 2014, 05:02:41 pm
That is a big boy who can move.....I do remember reading something about his little brother - shorter than Hjalte but weighs more and is just as strong?????

No, his brother is older.  I think he would be a 20 year old freshman.  Around 6'1 and 305, and stronger though less freakishly athletic. But that could describe Bijohn Jackson as well,  so it doesn't mean that much.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

ChicoHog

YouCrawl_IQuall

Uh did I just read his hudl page right? He also punted? Is anything these froholdt brothers can't do?

SamBuckhart

Quote from: hogwild210 on February 11, 2014, 11:16:16 am
Holy CRAP. That kid can move.
Speed rush and can deliver a shot when he gets there.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

choppedporkextrasauce

I still think that kid makes it here somehow Sam Pittman will find away to get him on the O side of the ball.

pondwater jack

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine on February 11, 2014, 06:08:50 am

I wouldn't think this fiery beast with fire pick hands would do as much damage on a football field as the kid in that video.  he wouldn't have the footspeed or strength of Froholt. 

He'd (Hjalte) start now. As in today.  I hope we stay after him. 
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

whosiskid

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 12, 2014, 12:07:51 am
He'd (Hjalte) start now. As in today.  I hope we stay after him.

I agree. I don't see how you could keep this kid off the field. In RD's latest article, though,  he reported that the older brother, Lars, is too old to go to a prep school, so he is going to attend a junior college with hopes of gaining a major college scholarship. RD listed him as even bigger than I remembered, 6'1, 330. Heck, why don't we just offer him instead of Thibodeux?

Arctic Hog

Quote from: YodaHog on February 11, 2014, 11:22:26 am

I remember reading in another thread that U of A has one of the highest populations of Danish students.  He wants to have some other Danes to hang with.

Nafunu32

Gotta love the kids from Denmark. In my small school we had an exchange student from there. He was about 5'9" 175 lbs. He played 110 mph the whole time. He had no fear about hitting a 300 lb lineman at full speed. Never a single step of hesitation.

redleg

Is anyone else worried about losing Froholdt now that Taver Johnson has left for Purdue? Johnson was Hjalte's lead recruiter, and supposedly had a good relationship with him.

Also, none of you answered my earlier question: Why wouldn't Hjalte go to school here in Arkansas in 2014, instead of a prep school in Florida or Connecticut?
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

HogFanatic

Quote from: redleg on February 14, 2014, 08:15:50 am
Is anyone else worried about losing Froholdt now that Taver Johnson has left for Purdue? Johnson was Hjalte's lead recruiter, and supposedly had a good relationship with him.

Also, none of you answered my earlier question: Why wouldn't Hjalte go to school here in Arkansas in 2014, instead of a prep school in Florida or Connecticut?

He has been solid for Arkansas for awhile now. I think we can keep him despite losing Tavern.
As far as the prep school goes, he probably prides himself on academics as well.
Denmark has high educational standards. Arkansas, not so much.

Vantage 8 dude

February 14, 2014, 09:37:02 am #41 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:56:28 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: redleg on February 14, 2014, 08:15:50 am

The comments in this morning's ArDemGaz certainly appear to ease any concerns the young man might consider leaving as a result of Taver's departure. That's certainly sweet music to everyone of us who love our Hogs.

BTW I also found it interesting that his older brother indicated he'd like to go to a juco in order to hopefully join his "little" bro in Fayetteville one day.

HogsBalls

Athletic, strong man. The Froholdtinator!

Southpointhog

Why not...plus you should know, your Yoda!

Quote from: FlyFisher on February 11, 2014, 11:32:32 am
Love his speed and strength. Some of those guys he just went right around, some he drove backwards. The young man can play and will be an absolute force for us.

He and his brother both appear to really love Arkansas. I don't see him flipping

even if the other coaches put the full court press on him. Also, he's big enough that if he tells you to back off, you back off...LOL!

Snortingred1

I hear the Froholdt's come from a long line of viking warriors, and thrive on inflicting pain. 

Peter Porker

Someone on 247 flipped him to Michigan.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

YouCrawl_IQuall

No way we lose the Froholdt brothers imo. They post videos specifically for Arkansas fans on their youtube channel.

sickboy

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on February 14, 2014, 11:45:35 am
Someone on 247 flipped him to Michigan.

I wouldn't worry about it. Not one 247 insider had him going to the Hogs in the first place. Plus the guy who just switched his vote is a student writer for the Michigan Daily...that's the student run paper on campus. He's only made four 247 predictions TOTAL and they were all made in the last couple of days. Which means he picked the Hogs two days ago...then switched his pick to Michigan today. Maybe the guy knows something, but judging on how wrong the biggies were about Froholdt in the first place, I wouldn't worry.

870hogfan

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on February 14, 2014, 12:19:22 pm
I wouldn't worry about it. Not one 247 insider had him going to the Hogs in the first place. Plus the guy who just switched his vote is a student writer for the Michigan Daily...that's the student run paper on campus. He's only made four 247 predictions TOTAL and they were all made in the last couple of days. Which means he picked the Hogs two days ago...then switched his pick to Michigan today. Maybe the guy knows something, but judging on how wrong the biggies were about Froholdt in the first place, I wouldn't worry.

Not worried at all.

HogFanatic

He reminds me of a slightly scaled down version of Brock Lesnar. Lining up opposite of him would be like staring down a silver back gorilla.