Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith will now personally coach Safeties & CB's

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, February 10, 2014, 11:47:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 10, 2014, 01:31:27 pm
It will be interesting to see exactly what Tavers spot becomes.  He is doing well on the recruiting trail so need to keep him happy.  Maybe he could be the special teams coordinator as well as help with DBs or the nickel spot.

Seems like that's the plan—to help out here and there, where he's best suited.  I'm happy about this move, since it will insure that everything in the secondary is Smith's design that Taver is following and teaching. 

No more miscommunication, like 3rd and 12 bomb at Rutgers, to lose the game, because safeties were nowhere to be found ...

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Tim Harris

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 11, 2014, 08:23:17 am
Is Smith a sideline coach or a box coach?

He said he has done both.  Preference is on the sideline but would do whatever is needed and that a lot of that depends on the rest of the staff.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 11, 2014, 08:02:53 am
Seems like that's the plan—to help out here and there, where he's best suited.  I'm happy about this move, since it will insure that everything in the secondary is Smith's design that Taver is following and teaching. 

No more miscommunication, like 3rd and 12 bomb at Rutgers, to lose the game, because safeties were nowhere to be found ...

As long as it works out that way.  It is odd to have 2 guys assigned to coach the same position.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 11, 2014, 08:29:18 am
As long as it works out that way.  It is odd to have 2 guys assigned to coach the same position.

In the military if you have a unit with poor performance, you add more supervision. have seen it work more than once.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 11, 2014, 08:28:37 am
He said he has done both.  Preference is on the sideline but would do whatever is needed and that a lot of that depends on the rest of the staff.

We could probably do a lot worse than having someone like Randy Shannon upstairs in the box, talking to Smith on the sideline.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 11, 2014, 08:45:58 am
We could probably do a lot worse than having someone like Randy Shannon upstairs in the box, talking to Smith on the sideline.

I wouldn't think they would leave a position coach in the box. But who knows.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 11, 2014, 08:46:56 am
I wouldn't think they would leave a position coach in the box. But who knows.

Why not? Who is in the box when the DC and OC are on the sidelines?

bp

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 11, 2014, 08:45:58 am

I'm smith is on the sidelines, I'd guess taver would be in the box. That way each position group has a coach to talk to on the sideline.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 11, 2014, 08:54:23 am
Why not? Who is in the box when the DC and OC are on the sidelines?

bp

Typically it's the secondary coach and/or DC. But this will be a little strange having errr (can't "CRS" Randy Shannon any more) Shannon on staff as well. Having two secondary coaches would allow the DC to stay on the sidelines and Taver can hit the box. But I guess we'll just wait and see. Two or three ways it can be done. 

Cure

Smith will probably be in the box or Shannon. 

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 11, 2014, 08:02:53 am
I'm happy about this move, since it will insure that everything in the secondary is Smith's design that Taver is following and teaching.
Gotta love how Taver gets knocked for coaching ability, despite coaching corners for much longer. Smith is filling the safety position and bringing the room together, that's it.

Those bombs happened because the safeties were slow to reacting.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Wildhog on February 10, 2014, 11:59:52 am
Wonder if Taver will move to LB's if/when RS leaves.
Another assumption with lack of facts. Maybe RS is happy were he's at.
I love off season Football!!

Wildhog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 11, 2014, 09:39:00 am
Another assumption with lack of facts. Maybe RS is happy were he's at.

You're right.  RS will retire here. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: chitwnhog on February 11, 2014, 03:03:54 am
Exactly and when we are successful he will move on to a HC job.

WOW!!!  I wish him far better fortune than that!
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

1Hog1/2Ham

February 11, 2014, 11:52:52 am #64 Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:22:07 pm by 1Hog1/2Ham
Quote from: Cure on February 10, 2014, 07:35:53 pm
Taver likes it here, but Hazell reached out to him before.
Didn't Taver say once he wanted stay in one place at least until his daughter finished high school? 

OnTheHillHogFan

Taver will stay on the sidelines. It will be Smith or Shannon in the box
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"