Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 10, 2014, 06:27:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila the Hog

Thanks Richard.  Never too soon to start watching the recruiting.

And welcome back!

Dropkick

Where is Tyler Carr from?

AugustaHog

I had just a couple thoughts on RD's article.  I really like the size on Carr.  He is another in the mold of those tall, long-armed kids that have the size of an OT but the versatility to slide inside if need be.  He's a good-looking prospect, but it will be tough to steal him out of Alabama.  Secondly, Daytrieon Dean is looking to visit Memphis???  He's got an offer from the Hogs.  I'm not sure I get this.  Everyone says he's a big time Hog fan, so hopefully he'll pull the trigger soon.

Razorhawg09

Dean will be a Hog. Not sure why he'd even bother to visit Memphis.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 10, 2014, 09:02:15 am
Dean will be a Hog. Not sure why he'd even bother to visit Memphis.

Free vacation?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

AugustaHog

Unless you are looking for some good BBQ and ribs, I don't know why you'd want to go to Memphis, even if it is a free trip.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 10, 2014, 09:05:18 am
Free vacation?

No free trip. His mom wants him to look at other schools before making a decision.

Huckleberry Pig

Richard, do you have any thoughts on Jashon Cornell?  As someone noted in a thread on him, the Minnesota insider changed his prediction from Michigan to the Hogs recently.  Didn't know if you had heard anything

Thanks

AugustaHog

Well, I'm glad he's looking at Memphis then.  The UofA's facilities will look even better in comparison to what they have going on over there. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 10, 2014, 09:25:09 am
Well, I'm glad he's looking at Memphis then.  The UofA's facilities will look even better in comparison to what they have going on over there. 

Exactly.   He should also look at Henderson, Ark State and UCA...  That will seal the deal.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on February 10, 2014, 09:14:50 am
Richard, do you have any thoughts on Jashon Cornell?  As someone noted in a thread on him, the Minnesota insider changed his prediction from Michigan to the Hogs recently.  Didn't know if you had heard anything

Thanks

He and Ragnow are close friends along with Alec Murphy. Will do some checking. 

reddogjcss

Thanks Richard for your coverage of recruiting! You done a great job as usual. You the man!

NLRHog92

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 10, 2014, 09:51:40 am

Murphy looks like a really good RB. Looks like he is attacking the defenders instead of them attacking him along with being fluid. Solid offers so far too. Not sure if we'll offer him, but if we're able to land both of these guys, holy moly that D Line would be looking good!

secneahog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 10, 2014, 09:51:40 am

I see what you did there. Alec video is impressive.  Nice burst for a 220+ rb.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

zane

Glad to see a Nettleton kid get some attention.

Go Raiders!
RIP LSUfan

secneahog

Quote from: zane on February 10, 2014, 01:43:07 pm

Go Raiders!

I remember playing them back in HS. Had a good squad when I played them.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: zane on February 10, 2014, 01:43:07 pm

Go Raiders!

Jaylin will play D-I ball. What level remains to be seen.

Nipsey Mussle

Seeing a player from Dumas made me want to ask what happened to the kid who was a good qb/basketball player from Dumas a few years ago?

ricepig

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 10, 2014, 02:07:53 pm
Seeing a player from Dumas made me want to ask what happened to the kid who was a good qb/basketball player from Dumas a few years ago?

Plays TE for ASU.

AugustaHog

Murphy is definitely intriguing.  I'm not sure about the pecking order at RB this year, but it seems that Chris Warren III would be pretty high on our list.  I figure we have to take 2 this cycle.  Murphy would be an asset, and it would be a bonus if it meant that interest from Hilliard and/or Cornell was increased.  Even if Murphy wasn't one of our top 2 RB prospects, he would be an asset and possibly bring in two 5* caliber defenders.  Get em CSP and Taver!

Razorhawg09

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 10, 2014, 04:30:39 pm
Murphy is definitely intriguing.  I'm not sure about the pecking order at RB this year, but it seems that Chris Warren III would be pretty high on our list.  I figure we have to take 2 this cycle.  Murphy would be an asset, and it would be a bonus if it meant that interest from Hilliard and/or Cornell was increased.  Even if Murphy wasn't one of our top 2 RB prospects, he would be an asset and possibly bring in two 5* caliber defenders.  Get em CSP and Taver!
I'm betting the two Texas backs are #1 on our board.

AugustaHog

I'm aware of Chris Warren III.  Who's the other kid?

NLRHog92

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 10, 2014, 05:00:07 pm
I'm aware of Chris Warren III.  Who's the other kid?

Ronald Jones II
http://247sports.com/Player/Ronald-Jones-II-37135

Almost 10 yards a carry in Texas 4A.

AugustaHog

Wow, I really like both of those guys.  Where do you think we stand for them?

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ARtillahog

OLPHog

Really like the way the walkons are being treated.  "They will have every opportunity as everyone else to prove themselves" -- paraphrasing coaching staff.  Jackson is tearing it up w a daily workout regimen, solid 295lbs.  He will push some of those highly touted 4 star / 5 stars.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: thannah on February 14, 2014, 07:52:50 pm
Really like the way the walkons are being treated.  "They will have every opportunity as everyone else to prove themselves" -- paraphrasing coaching staff.  Jackson is tearing it up w a daily workout regimen, solid 295lbs.  He will push some of those highly touted 4 star / 5 stars.

Love this!

Thank you for the insight and as always best of luck to Jackson! I will be rooting for him to get that scholarship!  :razorback:

OLPHog

Thank you Hog_Father!  My father was at Signing day in the Rock and got to spend time with Pittman, Chaney and Coach B; they were all complimentary of Jackson to my father and told him they only ask players to walk on IF they think they possibly can help them.

WADHOG

Quote from: thannah on February 14, 2014, 07:52:50 pm
Also, Jaylin Johnson's film looks amazing.  That kid WANTS to tackle and has an insane nose for the football.  I bet he earns a schollie before he's through.

OLPHog

Any video?  Look forward to seeing him.

WADHOG

Quote from: thannah on February 16, 2014, 10:27:32 am
Any video?  Look forward to seeing him.
Excuse my manners by the way.  Congrats to you, your son and family for an amazing accomplishment.

OLPHog

Very nice looking MLB who fills the hole and is a solid tackler!!  Thanks for the link.  And thanks for the congrats.

smb

February 18, 2014, 06:26:58 am #36 Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:00:14 am by smb
One thing about recruiting is it's hard to keep everyone you started out with.
GeorgiaHOG