Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I predict that we

Started by Rod6275, February 09, 2014, 12:17:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod6275

Play Auburn first game of the season and the football is thrown around and we have a fumblrooskie and a right in the. Numbers drop and a few miss q 's. And even more 0's than X's and  some team goes home happy and some team cries  " fire the Coach" ... Ahhh football.      Can't get here fast enough !
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

SpringTxHOG

What???  You should have attend church this mornings...instead of hitting the bottle so early.

razorbackchamps94

Auburn will thump us .. Won't be close

Rod6275

Ha ha I did .... it was the Dr Welch 's communion wine that did me in.
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

cosmodrum

Nothing like ending a sentence with "the" to get people to take you seriously.
Go away, batin'

Fayettechill14

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on February 09, 2014, 12:21:17 pm

Auburn's style of offense usually comes with slow starts to the season. For example:

2010 Auburn
First 5 games: Beat MSU by 3, Clemson by 3 (OT), Kentucky by 3, and SC by 8
Last 9 games: Beat SC by 39, Georgia by 18, Ole Miss by 20, won NC

2012 Arkansas State
First 5 games: 2-3, Beat Memphis by 5, lost to WKU
Last 8 games: 8-0

2013 Auburn
First 5 games: 4-1, Beat Wazzu by 7, MSU by 4, Ole Miss by 8
Last 9 games: 8-1, only loss in NC game by 3

Hopefully we can catch them before they really get their offense rolling.

Uncommon

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 09, 2014, 12:43:16 pm
Auburn's style of offense usually comes with slow starts to the season. For example:

2010 Auburn

2012 Arkansas State

2013 Auburn

All of those stats reflect one thing: new quarterback

2010: Cam Newton's first year
2012: First year at Arkansas State (QB learning a new system ; basically a new QB)
2013: Nick Marshall's first year

Unfortunately, he'll have the same quarterback as he did last year so that trend may be debunked this upcoming season.

immahog

I hope like hell we win ..I think we take an L but not so fast closer than the experts think
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hogarusa

I'm confused that people are actually responding to the OP with stats and opinions.  One of his sentences stated "Numbers drop and a few miss q's."  It really doesn't matter what the OP says, does it? 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Uncommon

Quote from: lowberh on February 09, 2014, 01:44:28 pm
I'm confused that people are actually responding to the OP with stats and opinions.  One of his sentences stated "Numbers drop and a few miss q's."  It really doesn't matter what the OP says, does it? 
What can ya say?  We're bored.  The first dull period (now-Spring practice) has started today now that we have our DC hired and National Signing Day is over.

SPAL

True. I'm hearing we may not play the game since it's a given loss.

pigskinpreacherII

It's time to kick Auburn in the.

yraciv

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

jabberjawls

choppedporkextrasauce

what a great attitude. Wow man, what great fan.

Hawginj

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 09, 2014, 03:49:30 pm
what a great attitude. Wow man, what great fan.

lol yes he's more than likely a gussy ignore them they'll go away. Go Hogs!

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: yraciv on February 09, 2014, 03:15:27 pm
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dirty

Quote from: yraciv on February 09, 2014, 03:15:27 pm

Lol!

acey33

I think someone is in lala land...lol

cardinalandwhite

For future reference, when CBB says that he wants fans to get their funk on for early games, this is what he means.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hawgdavis

I look for the Hogs to get it going this year. We saw smoke this passed season and although I don't see an inferno this coming up season I do see the smoke thinning out and the fire getting hot. Chew on that and let it sink in. I know some on here wont get this very quickly. We will give Aubie all the want and maybe just maybe if the ball bounces the right way we could beat them. If you read Phil Steel you will notice that a team gets hit with the turnovers hard one year or they get a bunch, the next year it tends to flip or reverse. We should be trending up in that dept. Our running game will be almost if not elite with improvement in the passing game. We were in most of the games we played, many that could have gone our way, again Phil Steel has a chart on that as well and that should also trend our way. I think we will have a better than expected season and I bet when Phil Steels Mag comes out he will see it the same way.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 09, 2014, 12:54:49 pm

2012: First year at Arkansas State (QB learning a new system ; basically a new QB)

Unfortunately, he'll have the same quarterback as he did last year so that trend may be debunked this upcoming season.

You're correct, but lots of teams break in new QBs and don't have starts that are THAT slow. My post was more of a "here's a ray of hope" rather than a "we're gonna stun the world!" stat.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

3kgthog

Quote from: alohawg on February 09, 2014, 10:47:04 pm
We will thump Auburn.

At what? Checkers or maybe Candyland? It sure as heck won't be at football.

bennyl08

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 09, 2014, 12:43:16 pm

2010 Auburn

2012 Arkansas State

2013 Auburn

2011 Auburn: Beat Utah st. by 4, MSU by 7, lost to... wait, they never got going that year, but again, breaking in a new qb. That came off as being mean, but I legitimately just wanted to complete the dataset.

2009: They started off with a strong 5 wins, against mostly weaker teams, though a solid win against a 9-3 WVU. Then, they lost 5 of their next 7 games, with their two wins against Furman and ole miss, and bad losses to Arkansas and LSU.

2008: Tulsa: Started off very strong, but their schedule was back heavy, facing Arkansas, ECU, and Houston towards the end.

2007 Tulsa: No real trend.

I think your trend for starting off slow just isn't working. I mean, you have to account for difficulty of schedule as well as returning personnel. It was a good thought though.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

weresoclose

Implode. RS bails after another bad season, BB takes all the blame but has to make changes, another staffer or two is lost, and nobody of the caliber we need will take on any position in a sinking ship. 

alohawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 09, 2014, 11:51:38 pm
At what? Checkers or maybe Candyland? It sure as heck won't be at football.

lol, come on man, new season, hope springs!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Rod6275 on February 09, 2014, 12:17:20 pm
Play Auburn first game of the season and the football is thrown around and we have a fumblrooskie and a right in the. Numbers drop and a few miss q 's. And even more 0's than X's and  some team goes home happy and some team cries  " fire the Coach" ... Ahhh football.      Can't get here fast enough !
And I predict that you were drinking when you typed this.

Trottsky

three hog night

Quote from: weresoclose on February 10, 2014, 12:15:01 am
Implode. RS bails after another bad season, BB takes all the blame but has to make changes, another staffer or two is lost, and nobody of the caliber we need will take on any position in a sinking ship.

weresoclose You have to be one of the most miserable posters and can't imagine your real life.  Why are you creating all of the manufactured drama about Butch and looking for the apocolypse in everything CBB does?
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BeastBack 50 on February 09, 2014, 12:54:49 pm

Was also Cam Newton's only year at Auburn.... Nick Marshall is a solid "system" Quarterback, but he is no CN. Trey Mason carried the load this last year.
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: three hog night on February 10, 2014, 09:47:16 am
weresoclose You have to be one of the most miserable posters and can't imagine your real life.  Why are you creating all of the manufactured drama about Butch and looking for the apocolypse in everything CBB does?

Short answer?

Yes
This is my non-signature signature.

scruf

The game was competitive last year. Auburn has less room to improve than Arkansas does. Logic says that the game should be competitive again next year. People predicting a blowout this early clearly have an emotional agenda.

bobcat ball

We always play them tuff and beat them more then our fair share.

It'll be closer then you think for sure.
WOO PIG

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 09, 2014, 12:36:47 pm
Nothing like ending a sentence with "the" to get people to take you seriously.

Thats where I stopped reading

The_Bionic_Pig

hogues & razorbackchamps94 are not the most optimistic fans but far from haters of everything Beliema unlike weresoclose & 3kgthog who make it a point to pile on negativity & venom toward anything positive being mentioned about the University of Arkansas football program!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*