Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A little Arkansas Track and Ice Hockey news

Started by JHicks3636, February 09, 2014, 10:20:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rusvegashog

I grew up going to and playing the big three American sports. When I was in college we went and watched the Riverblades play in Little Rock. I get why Hockey is so popular. Had a blast!! 

redeye

It sounds like the refs did all they could to give it Alabama, but couldn't.

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

bphi11ips

Hockey is a game on the rise around the country.  A good showing by the US in the Olympics will increase interest. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MojoHog

I started watching Hockey about 4 years ago. I hardly miss a Blackhawks game when they are on a channel I get. It's a truly great sport with some of the best commentators. The players are the nicest most humble athletes in any sport but are just scary to watch while on the ice. It's like there's a linebacker and Strong Saftey at all 5 positions.

Watch the Olympics this upcoming week and you won't regret it. My favorite Winter Olympic sport by a mile.

Go USA!
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: josh_sec33 on February 10, 2014, 11:50:54 am
Curling.

barely beats Olympic hockey in my book.

Barely.

I would have said that a few years ago, too.  Then I had to learn the rules when my family decided they love Nashville Predators games and my son started playing. 

Once you understanding what the players are trying to accomplish the game makes sense.  It combines elements of football, soccer and basketball at 30 miles per hour. It creates the tension of a 2-1 baseball game without the long stretches of nothingness.

Figure out icing, offsides and what constitutes a penalty (not much), and maybe you'll enjoy the game if you watch it a bit.     
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MojoHog

Curling is great. Currently watching it actually. But like someone said above once you understand the game of Hockey it's just like any other major sport.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Screwdriver

So is all of the sec d3 hockey? What is club hockey?

josh_sec33

oh I love hockey. but I just like the subtlety of the angles and bounces of curling just a bit more.

it's the mathematical mind in me.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

smb

GeorgiaHOG