Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs Robb Smith 2012

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, February 08, 2014, 06:50:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

I thought judging a coach on 1 years performance was a no no? That's what I have read on Hogville. Yet now most of these same people want to do just that in this case...kind of weird.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 09, 2014, 11:54:04 am
This isn't chess. Players play games. He'll have better players going up against offenses that may not be quite as talented as Arkansas' 2012 offense.

Jimmies and Joes. People tend to forget that actual human beings play the game.  You can only do so much as a coach.  You can't go out and make the play for the kid.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Hawg Life

Quote from: olivebranchhog on February 09, 2014, 01:24:13 pm
Jimmies and Joes. People tend to forget that actual human beings play the game.  You can only do so much as a coach.  You can't go out and make the play for the kid.

We need Tyreek's, TaShaun's & Jamicheal's..

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 09, 2014, 01:30:50 pm

We need Tyreek's, TaShaun's & Jamicheal's..

And Ryan's, Jonathan's & Chris'. Also, we got a Jamicheal and he's not that good.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on February 09, 2014, 11:54:04 am
This isn't chess. Players play games. He'll have better players going up against offenses that may not be quite as talented as Arkansas' 2012 offense.

As our DC, Smith will be going up against some SEC Offenses that will be every-bit-as- good as our 2012 Offense.

On the flip-side, it can be contended that Smith will not have the same amount of talent in a single season here as our DC that he had with his 2012 Rutgers Defense.  Five defensive players from the 2012 Rutgers Defense was drafted in the 2013 NFL Draft.  While he is our DC, will we ever have 5 Razorback Defensive players get drafted in the NFL at the same time?

I am not irate/angry about the hire.  There are some facts though that show that skepticism is defnitey warranted.

Blue35

I am not convinced that this Robb fellow is the man for the job. Check back in one year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on February 08, 2014, 06:59:56 pm
Two can play this game.

They also held us to 73 yards rushing. 2 of 11 3rd down efficiency, forced 2 turnovers, forced us to punt 6 out of 14 drives, four 3 and outs, held Knife Davis to 1.7 yards, held Tyler Wilson to 52.4 QB rating,

ooWWWWW..... But now comes the Slappy the Clown & Pauly the Pimp blame game
This is my non-signature signature.

chuggs33

One game, that his side won.  So what we had however many yards?  Bottom line, they won.  And really?  Basing one game against a guy?  I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic.   :-\

As crazy as this sounds, why don't we support the coach instead of trying to drag him through the mud...seeing as he hasn't even coached a down for us yet. 

Hogville at its finest!

chuggs33

Good gracious.  Its a good thing that Hogville posters weren't in charge of making the hire.  We would never have a coach.  Lets give the man a chance to see what he can do...is that so much to ask?

chuggs33