Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs vs Robb Smith 2012

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, February 08, 2014, 06:50:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Abominable Hillbilly

Cobi Hamilton had 303 yards receiving 

Tyler Wilson had 419 yards passing

Dennis Johnson avg 7.8 yards per carry

Rutgers had five defensive players selected in the NFL draft that season including two CBs and one Safety, other two were LBs.

"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

Hawg Life

Quote from: Abominable Hillbilly on February 08, 2014, 06:50:53 pm

Rutgers had five defensive players selected in the NFL draft that season including two CBs and one Safety, other two were LBs.

We must've won!!! We did win, didn't we??

grayhawg

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 08, 2014, 06:51:40 pm
We had 492 yards of offence and gave up 525 to Rutgers.

Abominable Hillbilly

No.  Our defense sucked then also
"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

Hawg Life

Quote from: grayhawg on February 08, 2014, 06:55:23 pm
We had 492 yards of offence and gave up 525 to Rutgers.
[/quote

So, we WON???

It's spelled offense.

grayhawg

Peter Porker

Two can play this game.

They also held us to 73 yards rushing. 2 of 11 3rd down efficiency, forced 2 turnovers, forced us to punt 6 out of 14 drives, four 3 and outs, held Knife Davis to 1.7 yards, held Tyler Wilson to 52.4 QB rating,
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hawg Life

GoHogs1091

That was against Paul Petrino's Offensive play calling.  Paul Petrino is no Cam Cameron (LSU's OC), Texas A&M's offensive play caller (who is essentially Kevin Sumlin) Steve Spurrier, Sr. (who calls the plays at South Carolina), Auburn's play caller (who is Malzahn), and Mike Bobo (Georgia's OC).  The bottom line is that Smith had all of that NFL talent at Rutgers, and against Paul Petrino who is an inferior OC than what Smith will now be facing in the SEC, Smith's Rutgers Defense was essentially a sieve against Paul Petrino.

hawkhawg

The guy has not been the coach for a week and some are already bitching.

zane

AAAANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD

We lost the game
RIP LSUfan

rhames

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on February 08, 2014, 06:59:56 pm
Two can play this game.

They also held us to 73 yards rushing. 2 of 11 3rd down efficiency, forced 2 turnovers, forced us to punt 6 out of 14 drives, four 3 and outs, held Knife Davis to 1.7 yards, held Tyler Wilson to 52.4 QB rating,

Well knife Davis wasn't cutting through any defense I'm 2012. Sorry had to

And so what they held us to 70 yards rushing?
Why run when our pass game was on point

Us losing that game says more about who our staff was at the time as opposed to Rutgers.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 08, 2014, 07:10:49 pm
That was against Paul Petrino's Offensive play calling.  Paul Petrino is no Cam Cameron (LSU's OC), Texas A&M's offensive play caller (who is essentially Kevin Sumlin) Steve Spurrier, Sr. (who calls the plays at South Carolina), Auburn's play caller (who is Malzahn), and Mike Bobo (Georgia's OC).  The bottom line is that Smith had all of that NFL talent at Rutgers, and against Paul Petrino who is an inferior OC than what Smith will now be facing in the SEC, Smith's Rutgers Defense was essentially a sieve against Paul Petrino.

Was the DC on a D that held Chip Kelly New Hampshire offense to 19 pts in an OT loss in 2006.

Kelly was hired as the Next year has Oregon's OC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nng/schedule/?season=2006

rhames

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 08, 2014, 07:00:21 pm

So, our new DC is undefeated against us.

So are a lot of dc's over the last 2 seasons. Lol

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

TeedupHigh

Aaaah HOGVILEE!   CBB will never please the little bobby lovers and he Jeff Long haters.  LMAO at these "people."

rljjr

CONQUE!!! Oh, wait.

rhames

Quote from: TeedupHigh on February 08, 2014, 07:15:45 pm
Aaaah HOGVILEE!   CBB will never please the little bobby lovers and he Jeff Long haters.  LMAO at these "people."

Not everyone who is scratching their heads over this hire or the timing are pro bobby.  I've been pretty supportive of Bret and will continue to be for the next three years but doesn't mean I have to like or not question everything he does.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: rhames on February 08, 2014, 07:13:43 pmWell knife Davis wasn't cutting through any defense I'm 2012.

That ole knife could cut through buttah!

Bebop

Quote from: rhames on February 08, 2014, 07:18:10 pm

Not everyone who is scratching their heads over this hire or the timing are pro bobby.  I've been pretty supportive of Bret and will continue to be for the next three years but doesn't mean I have to like or not question everything he does.

You can't have a middle ground.  ;D

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: rljjr on February 08, 2014, 07:16:04 pm
CONQUE!!! Oh, wait.
I'm shocked that there was no mention of Venables.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

TheRazorbackGuy

Who is Robb Smith?

OLDHOG

So is this really a done deal or is it because Bo said, just curious?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: OLDHOG on February 08, 2014, 08:03:22 pm
So is this really a done deal or is it because Bo said, just curious?

Done deal

Oliver

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 08, 2014, 06:51:40 pm

Only people that loved defense lost that day

Artex501

Tyler Wilson- 359 yards and a TD

103 yards rushing by our RBs at a 4.3 yard a carry

11.6 yards per reception

... That was against LSwho... How many defensive guys have they put in the NFL the past few seasons... So I guess for me, my main question would be

Whats your point? ???

Hawg Life

Piggfoot

Well you can run up and down all you want. You may be able to get it up multiple times but if they stop you from scoring whats the purpose.  If they stop you more than you stop them. You lose. We lost two games to Rutgers not because our offense was not better but because their defense was better  and played good enough to win.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Oliver

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 08, 2014, 08:24:40 pm
That would be US!!!

That would be anybody that loved defense that watched that game!!!!

PlanoHog

Lou Holtz would have been met with torches and pitchforks if the internet boards existed when he was hired after going 3-10 as HC of NYJ, fired before the season was even over.

The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: PlanoHog on February 08, 2014, 08:39:09 pm
Lou Holtz would have been met with torches and pitchforks if the internet boards existed when he was hired after going 3-10 as HC of NYJ, fired before the season was even over.

Didn't Petrino go 3-10 in the NFL??  ;)
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Marshfieldhog

Conic Hamilton cut through that defense with no issues, problem for us is we couldn't stop them and we had jls.

wupigsuey

I'd say Robb had a good day considering. Hell, he played 11 positions and took 5 to the nfl. I'm liking this guy more and more...thanks!
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hogfan14

Quote from: Artex501 on February 08, 2014, 08:18:22 pm

11.6 yards per reception

... That was against LSwho... How many defensive guys have they put in the NFL the past few seasons... So I guess for me, my main question would be

Whats your point? ???

Some people would be upset if we hired Chavis as our DC too

wupigsuey

Quote from: Artex501 on February 08, 2014, 08:18:22 pm

11.6 yards per reception

Whats your point? ???

Way to hit the ground running. Good post.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Jek Tono Porkins

Yards don't matter. What matters is the score. Rutgers held us to 26 points that day.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

HOGINTENNESSEE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=918Kg5KYW3w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D918Kg5KYW3w

Here are the video highlights on the Passing plays.

Looks like he mixes up a lot of coverages. Noticed Cover 2, Cover 1 and Cover 0.

bigbadhog

Quote from: hogfan14 on February 08, 2014, 09:38:23 pm
Some people would be upset if we hired Chavis as our DC too

Doubt that...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Hawg Life

The Boar War

The simple fact that you're against this makes me think we're onto something.

HOGINTENNESSEE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_AuO6L0FI

This is Rutgers vs Cuse. Of course the Cuse Qb was drafted in the 4th last year and The Cuse HC is now the HC at Buffalo and the Saints OC during Bree's first few Seasons in New Orleans.

bennyl08

Rutgers had 5 defensive players drafted from that team. We had 7, all on offense guys who went on to be drafted or play in the NFL this season. Tyler, Cobi, Knile, DJ, Bailey, Wingo, and Gragg. Yet they won. I think Rasner was the only defensive player to make it to the preseason.

Regardless of the quality of the play calling, that is a lot of NFL talent on offense for a big east team to go against.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 08, 2014, 11:08:53 pm
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=918Kg5KYW3w&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D918Kg5KYW3w

Here are the video highlights on the Passing plays.

Looks like he mixes up a lot of coverages. Noticed Cover 2, Cover 1 and Cover 0.

Good find. Aggressive secondary, exotic blitzes, mixing up coverages

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 08, 2014, 07:14:22 pm
Was the DC on a D that held Chip Kelly New Hampshire offense to 19 pts in an OT loss in 2006.

Kelly was hired as the Next year has Oregon's OC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nng/schedule/?season=2006

The information in the originating post shows what Smith's Defense did against an SEC Offense that was being coordinated by a low level Offensive Coordinator (Paul Petrino).  It is more relevant information than what Smith did at Maine.  Smith is now going to be defensive coordinating in the SEC, and he will be going up against a lot better OCs than Paul Petrino.

ChitownHawg

Who won the game?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: The Boar War on February 08, 2014, 11:26:31 pm
The simple fact that you're against this makes me think we're onto something.

;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Fayettechill14

Sounds like we won in a blowout. Right?

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 09, 2014, 09:39:40 am #47 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:13:30 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 09, 2014, 12:18:22 am
The information in the originating post shows what Smith's Defense did against an SEC Offense that was being coordinated by a low level Offensive Coordinator (Paul Petrino).  It is more relevant information than what Smith did at Maine.  Smith is now going to be defensive coordinating in the SEC, and he will be going up against a lot better OCs than Paul Petrino.

Ok, he held the now Texas HC at UL to 20pts and the now HC at the Buffalo Bills to 15pts. Both Offense's let by QB's that have/will be drafted by the NFL.

You only feel it is more relevant because you believe it proves your point. Brent Venables gave up 41pts to Neal Brown, yet he is still amazing.

Smith gives up 26pts to an offense that had 7 players on NFL rosters and he sucks.

Please explain.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 09, 2014, 12:18:22 am
The information in the originating post shows what Smith's Defense did against an SEC Offense that was being coordinated by a low level Offensive Coordinator (Paul Petrino).  It is more relevant information than what Smith did at Maine. Smith is now going to be defensive coordinating in the SEC, and he will be going up against a lot better OCs than Paul Petrino.

This isn't chess. Players play games. He'll have better players going up against offenses that may not be quite as talented as Arkansas' 2012 offense.

Abominable Hillbilly