• 27,323 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:FootballBasketball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON!Ugly Uncle Show
 Two Cents Radio 
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Next Game @ MIZZOU  (Read 1444 times)

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
Next Game @ MIZZOU
« on: February 08, 2014, 06:07:39 pm »

Let's get this out of the way. We are almost certainly going to lose this game. Their 3 big guards are a horrible matchup for us and they play extremely well in their gym. Plus, the hostile Anti-Mike crowd will be almost as bad as the Jump Ball forum and will push them even further.

So, we are most likely looking at 4-7 SEC record going into home games vs. LSU and South Carolina. South Carolina should be a for sure win, but LSU is a very tough matchup. They are playing good basketball right now, have size inside, and quick guards. But, if we pull out two wins there, we are back to 6-7 going into the final home stretch of:

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

It's still possible folks. Go 3-2 to close it out and we are 20-11 (9-9) on the season. Probably not enough to get you into the NCAA, but likely enough to make the NIT. With a win or two in the SEC-T, maybe even a high NIT seed.

Letsroll1200

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Next Game @ MIZZOU
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:15:12 pm »

Let's get this out of the way. We are almost certainly going to lose this game. Their 3 big guards are a horrible matchup for us and they play extremely well in their gym. Plus, the hostile Anti-Mike crowd will be almost as bad as the Jump Ball forum and will push them even further.

So, we are most likely looking at 4-7 SEC record going into home games vs. LSU and South Carolina. South Carolina should be a for sure win, but LSU is a very tough matchup. They are playing good basketball right now, have size inside, and quick guards. But, if we pull out two wins there, we are back to 6-7 going into the final home stretch of:

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

It's still possible folks. Go 3-2 to close it out and we are 20-11 (9-9) on the season. Probably not enough to get you into the NCAA, but likely enough to make the NIT. With a win or two in the SEC-T, maybe even a high NIT seed.

Nothing is a sure thing! I think the Hogs can do it!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:20:16 pm »

If I'm reading correctly, Vandy's RPI was 66. That's a good number for a road win.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:21:28 pm »

If I'm reading correctly, Vandy's RPI was 66. That's a good number for a road win.

That will help for sure. Not sure anything below an SEC-T run will get us into the Big Dance, but we absolutely have to get into the NIT for the sake of our program.

The NIT is a least some forward momentum for us.

dgfclt

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:04:23 pm »

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

I could see a win.  It isn't that far fetched.

High Octane Hog

• Senior
  • "Hog for Life"
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 07:05:04 pm »

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

I agree. I see us going 500. But...... I think we can still big dance with that record because of our top 50 rpi wins compared to other teams that will get an at large. Of course a win or two at the SEC tournament over a couple more top 50's would help. I don't see us winning at mizzou, but I sure would like to kick the arse in the sec tournament.

Hogvillage Idiot

• Senior
  • Doing my best to live up to my name.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 07:09:15 pm »

Another black and gold team.  Who knows?  Maybe we break out the Anthracite again.

HawgnCorona

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 07:14:37 pm »

This is  the game I want us to win, Bad...Pay back is a [censored]!!!

Mizzouman, you are ok with me but I hate Mizzou!!!  >:(

razorbackchamps94

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 07:18:45 pm »

I think we can win @ miss st and Bama .. Finish 21 and 10

Atlhogfan1

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 07:22:24 pm »

9-9 is still very possible. Win @ MSU or Bama.  Head to SECT needing to win at least 2 for NCAAT.

But it did take 10-16 from 3 and our pressure creating pts to win by 2 on the road against a no depth Vandy. 

One at a time.

chiefhawg

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 07:26:55 pm »

Missouri players are calling each other out during the post game. Clarkson "saying some dudes ain't come to play". "Some players not taking coaching". That is not a good sign for them coming from a player.

Uncle SI

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 07:29:13 pm »

Guys let's just be happy with the win today. Too many times do we win and we all start talking about all these games that we "could" win. Lets not forget we have a losing record in conference. Lets be grateful for todays win and only look to the next game.
I get tired of logging on here after a lost and the program is in shambles and Mike has never coached before. Then we pull off a win, one that we were favored, and we're talking like we can make some miracle run.
I wish we can make some big run as much as the next guy but just a little tired of the radical sides we take after each game.
Sorry if I'm being a downer just speaking the truth.
Good win today, next up Missery. 
 :razorback:

HawgnCorona

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 07:30:18 pm »

Missouri players are calling each other out during the post game. Clarkson "saying some dudes ain't come to play". "Some players not taking coaching". That is not a good sign for them coming from a player.

Good to hear. Keep the in fighting going Mizzou...Thanks for sharing.

PygmalionEffect

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 07:41:42 pm »

That will help for sure. Not sure anything below an SEC-T run will get us into the Big Dance, but we absolutely have to get into the NIT for the sake of our program.

The NIT is a least some forward momentum for us.

I was going to post, oh lucky us, going to the NiT!

But you're right, if we could qualify, that would at least show movement in the right direction and post season play of any kind will be good experience for this young team.

baby steps

TheRazorbackGuy

• Hogville's Outlaw
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 07:43:38 pm »

I was going to post, oh lucky us, going to the NiT!

But you're right, if we could qualify, that would at least show movement in the right direction and post season play of any kind will be good experience for this young team.

baby steps

I would expect more minutes from Scott and Harris against Mizzou

High Octane Hog

• Senior
  • "Hog for Life"
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 07:47:08 pm »

I would expect more minutes from Scott and Harris against Mizzou
Your man Stan is on ESPN

TheRazorbackGuy

• Hogville's Outlaw
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »

Your man Stan is on ESPN

He is not my man and I think Scott's playing time will be much against Mizzou. Harris is the matchup problem that scares all Mizziu fans. Scott, Wade, Clarke, Harris and Madden all step up BIG in Mizzou

High Octane Hog

• Senior
  • "Hog for Life"
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 07:52:40 pm »

He is not my man and I think Scott's playing time will be much against Mizzou. Harris is the matchup problem that scares all Mizziu fans. Scott, Wade, Clarke, Harris and Madden all step up BIG in Mizzou
Again I think your being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:47:20 pm by High Octane Hog »

Hog1952

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 10:15:39 pm »

Look for FCJ to blame the refs and say MA is the greatest coach of all time.
I want Eddie Sutton back.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • R.I.P. old pal
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 11:13:52 pm »

That's their version of " they punking you ".

rzrbackramsfan

• Hogvillian
  • "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 11:32:36 pm »

Why Harris and Scott?

ChicoHog

• It's a Lonely 'Ol Night
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 12:06:32 am »

Look for FCJ to blame the refs and say MA is the greatest coach of all time.
I want Eddie Sutton back.
Awesome!  +1

High Octane Hog

• Senior
  • "Hog for Life"
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 12:18:54 am »

Why Harris and Scott?
Poster is being sarcastic, check his posts in other threads about Scott and Harris. This dude is secretly a mizzou fan who is butt hurt that MA came here. He just likes to troll.

pigture perfect

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 12:40:13 am »

Gonna be tough. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

rzrbkf4n

• Band Nerd
  • Tom Jurich is the biggest idiot in Kentucky.
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 09:41:53 am »

It's gonna be close loss I think.  :-\

dgfclt

• Varsity
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 03:41:29 pm »

@ Miss State
@ Kentucky
vs. Georgia
vs. Ole Miss
@ Bama

UA has a very good chance of winning this game.

HF#1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 03:47:53 pm »

If we lose @ Mizzou, we better win out if you want to make the tournament.  If you beat Mizzou, lose to KY, and win the rest, I think we are one of the last 4 in.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »

I don't buy that they are a terrible matchup for us.  They turned the ball over 19 times against us the first time and they were lucky it wasn't 30.  Our style looked like it affected them more than any team we've played in conference.  They got their share of calls, had the ball bounce their way but made some big shots. 

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 03:57:27 pm »

I don't buy that they are a terrible matchup for us.  They turned the ball over 19 times against us the first time and they were lucky it wasn't 30.  Our style looked like it affected them more than any team we've played in conference.  They got their share of calls, had the ball bounce their way but made some big shots. 

They shot very well because they were able to get good shots off on us.

They did indeed look rattled against the press. Clarkson looked lost.

HawgAdvocate

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I got haters aplenty
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 03:59:59 pm »

Yeah I don't think it's a terrible matchup at all, other than obviously being a road game.

They have some size on the perimeter, but we should still be able to contest shots if the Hogs don't allow themselves to be over-extended time and time again.

Danny J

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 04:01:42 pm »

They are going to hammer us on the boards I am afraid.

Beaverfever

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 04:06:48 pm »

I've never seen a team get away with as many travels as Mizzou did in that game. 

Beaverfever

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 04:18:03 pm »

They are going to hammer us on the boards I am afraid.
As far as matchups go this is the main problem.  They beat the hell out of us on the boards.  Their guards can shoot and are big and rebound like it.  That's their biggest asset as a team though and they have that advantage against most teams.  We get out-rebounded either way though.  I don't think they can slow the game down without the officiating going their way.  I'm no expert by any means but if I had to say one way or the other I'd say we're the bad matchup for them. 

three hog night

• I love ARKANSAS
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 05:06:10 pm »

I'm not going to have any expectations for Mizzou because of the CMA and Haith influence.  What I am looking for is for us to be competitive and let the chips fall where they may.  From Mizzou on, I expect us to have continual improvement if Wade, Scott and Bell can provide rest for Madden, Haydar and Gulley.  Harris and Qualls have to get out of their funk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Partnered with USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas