Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rafe Peavey may not see the field in 2014

Started by grim_sleeper, February 07, 2014, 09:41:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hambone on February 07, 2014, 11:15:10 am
Read what I said.

I asked for the last true frosh to come in AND kick tail in the SEC. You answered Tebow?

NO....I didn't... I mentioned Leak as a freshman (went 6-3 with Zook as the HC and beat Saban at LSU that year and also beat a highly ranked Georgia team). and also mentioned Tebow.......

but now that you're dangling from my bag over it, I would say that nobody stopped him that year and I think he would have been as good if not better than Leak. 13 touchdowns......5.2 yards per carry with 8 touchdowns...22-33 for 350+ yds and 5 touchdowns....202 QB rating.....sounds like he tore it up while he was in the game... but the starts went to a Senior... so define tearing it up....????

[attachment deleted by admin]
This is my non-signature signature.

PonderinHog

Statistically, Derby was better than BA or at least very close.  Not enough reps for his greatness to shine through, though.

Poker_hog

BA always looks good with the green jersey on.  He'll be the starter game 1.  From there who knows.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 07, 2014, 11:28:50 am
What were Matt Jones' stats his freshman year?  Comparable to MM's?

No....Jones' were a bit worse.... but he played a lot less.

12-27, 258 yds  44% w/ 4TDs 3INT

Rushing a different story:

74 carries for 594 yds w/ 8yds per and 5 TDs

hambone

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 07, 2014, 11:30:55 am
NO....I didn't... I mentioned Leak as a freshman (went 6-3 with Zook as the HC and beat Saban at LSU that year and also beat a highly ranked Georgia team). and also mentioned Tebow.......

but now that you're dangling from my bag over it, I would say that nobody stopped him that year and I think he would have been as good if not better than Leak. 13 touchdowns......5.2 yards per carry with 8 touchdowns...22-33 for 350+ yds and 5 touchdowns....202 QB rating.....sounds like he tore it up while he was in the game... but the starts went to a Senior... so define tearing it up....????

If you think not even being a starter qualifies someone to have torn the league up, we have nothing to discuss.

Your assertion that Tebow tore the league up as a true frosh is beyond ridiculous. He threw a total of 33 passes for the season.........

Deep Shoat

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 07, 2014, 10:24:46 am
When did being hurt cause you to stare down a receiver on every throw
That is an issue with 99% of underclass QB's.  It will likely improve with experience.

If it doesn't, his brother will probably take his job.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

Quote from: MiHogsMi on February 07, 2014, 11:30:27 am
What's the point in burning a year of eligibility for a couple of games, you ask?  It's called GIVING US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN THE FRANKIN' GAME.

That concept been lost?  Why play ANY freshman with this argument?  You do what it takes to win. 

There are a LOT of head scratchers with CBB's learning curve year at Arkansas for me.  Playing an injured BA, Derby while AA is supposedly a stud?  I can only concede the coach thOUGHT Derby was better than AA.  Has CBB ever explained this?  Have any reporters had the guts to ask him.  I'd like to know.

It's been explained over and over, you're just not listening.  Derby was a stop gap measure.  He was never meant to be a full time starter.  He was meant to get us through the OOC Rutgers game (which he almost did, the defense lost that game).   They thought it was pointless to waste AA's redshirt for what ended up being one game that we almost won until the final minutes of the game. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 07, 2014, 10:25:51 am
Coming out of high school, he looked at least as good, if not better, than Rafe Peavey.  That's the thing that I find funny.  Allen was Rafe Peavey a couple of years ago.  He has the talent, arm strength, decision making ability (he didn't throw an interception his senior year until the state championship game), etc. to be a really good QB.  He just needs to stay healthy and get some help.

Allen was an All American?

I definitely think BA will be better this year and is better than what we saw in '13, but I think Rafe will give him a run for his money in the QB competition.
Go away, batin'

jjdlc

Quote from: hambone on February 07, 2014, 11:04:36 am
Peyton Manning is the only one I can think of.

Even he didn't exactly set the world on fire.  I was thinking he at least didn't get thrown in the fire till later in the season, but the stats show he played 11 games, so not sure on that.

Year   G   Cmp   Att   Pct   Yds   Y/A   AY/A   TD   Int   Rate
1994  11   89   144   61.8   1141   7.9   7.6   11   6   145.2

Quote from: PennHOG on February 07, 2014, 11:11:52 am
Matt Barkley was a true freshman and did alright but.  It is rare.  I've been googling and I can't find much.

Barkley was very highly heralded coming out of HS, and Carroll chose to play him over the other more experienced Mustain who has also been mentioned in this thread as a QB who played as a true fresh.

Year   G   Cmp   Att   Pct   Yds   Y/A   AY/A   TD   Int   Rate
2009   12   211   352   59.9   2735   7.8   6.8   15   14   131.3

He had 1 more TD than ints, and a completion % under 60%.  Not sure I would call that alright.  He also didn't play vs. SEC defenses.  He did manage to go 9-4 that year including winning the Emerald bowl vs. Boston College.

QuoteMitch Mustain

He did at least play in the SEC.  His stats....

2006   12   69   132   52.3   894   6.8   5.2   10   9   120.5

He went 8-0 as as starter, but again, he wasn't exactly lighting it up.

The worst part of playing true freshmen QBs, is that many that play that first year, particularly in a league like the SEC, never recover from the mental stress of struggling that first year.  It is a good way to ruin an otherwise good QB.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Kevin on February 07, 2014, 11:29:10 am
i hope ba improves his pocket presence. he would never step up in the pocket
I wonder if they/he thought that might be hazardous to his health.

jjdlc

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 07, 2014, 11:28:50 am
What were Matt Jones' stats his freshman year?  Comparable to MM's?

Matt Jones

2001   8   12   27   44.4   275   10.2   8.1   4   3   156.7

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 07, 2014, 11:03:03 am
Chris Leak was a solid QB as a true Freshman. And yes... Tebow was an efficient QB/FB combination as a true freshman.

Ok guy......This is what I said............. if you need to get a dictionary or thesaurus, then I suggest you do so... I didn't originally say that either one of these guys tore it up. Tebow was efficient and Chris Leak was Solid. What part of that do you no *&^%$ understand.... I even posted Tebows stats to prove he was efficient.... so if you can't understand what I said then its your problem, not mine but will say that:

Quote from: gchamblee on October 24, 2013, 01:35:04 pm
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jjdlc on February 07, 2014, 11:40:40 am
Matt Jones

2001   8   12   27   44.4   275   10.2   8.1   4   3   156.7
Wow.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: grim_sleeper on February 07, 2014, 09:41:13 am
During an interview with Bielema on Bo's show the other day Bielema talked about his excitement for Brandon Allen and Austin Allen.  He said that people probably don't realize how bad Brandon was hurt last year... etc.

It didn't sound like Rafe was going to see the field.  If that is true, I am kind of disappointed,  but I think Brandon Allen could be a good quarterback.  Maybe it's because he was hurt last year more than people think,  like Bielema said.

That's a huge leap based on the Coaches statement but really wouldn't it be best to redshirt Rafe if he isn't the clear front runner after spring ball?  Even Johnny Football was redshirted and no one expects a James Winston from Peavey.

hambone

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 07, 2014, 11:42:44 am
Ok guy......This is what I said............. if you need to get a dictionary or thesaurus, then I suggest you do so... I didn't originally say that either one of these guys tore it up. Tebow was efficient and Chris Leak was Solid. What part of that do you no *&^%$ understand.... I even posted Tebows stats to prove he was efficient.... so if you can't understand what I said then its your problem, not mine but will say that:

So you provided answers to a question that weren't answers to the question asked.

If I asked you what your favorite color was and you answered Roses this would be a good answer? I mean roses have colors right?

The question was not what backup qb had efficient stats as a true frosh? That is the question you actually provided an answer for.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hambone on February 07, 2014, 11:46:47 am
So you provided answers to a question that weren't answers to the question asked.

If I asked you what your favorite color was and you answered Roses this would be a good answer? I mean roses have colors right?

The question was not what backup qb had efficient stats as a true frosh? That is the question you actually provided an answer for.

Yes....I posted my own answer after someone mentioned Tebow. Start and the top of the page and read down

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 07, 2014, 11:40:03 am
I wonder if they/he thought that might be hazardous to his health.

probably would think the same thing myself against SEC talent.

jjdlc

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 07, 2014, 11:03:03 am
Chris Leak was a solid QB as a true Freshman. And yes... Tebow was an efficient QB/FB combination as a true freshman.

Chris Leak was pretty solid for a True Feshman.

2003   13   190   320   59.4   2435   7.6   7.1   16   11   132.9

Tebow including his rushing stats did pretty well, although I don't think he started any of those games, and as pointed out, part of the time was in at fullback rather than QB.

2006   14   22   33   66.7   358   10.8   12.5   5   1   201.7

Year   G   Att   Yds   Avg   TD   Rec   Yds   Avg   TD   Plays   Yds   Avg   TD
2006   14   89   469   5.3   8                                     89   469   5.3   8

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jjdlc on February 07, 2014, 11:50:33 am
Chris Leak was pretty solid for a True Feshman.

2003   13   190   320   59.4   2435   7.6   7.1   16   11   132.9

Tebow including his rushing stats did pretty well, although I don't think he started any of those games, and as pointed out, part of the time was in at fullback rather than QB.

2006   14   22   33   66.7   358   10.8   12.5   5   1   201.7

Year   G   Att   Yds   Avg   TD   Rec   Yds   Avg   TD   Plays   Yds   Avg   TD
2006   14   89   469   5.3   8               89   469   5.3   8

Thank you baby Jesus for someone that can read and comprehend what I wrote.. Thanks bro... you just confirmed for me that I'm not speaking Swahili

Hogarusa

Kind of jumping to conclusions from that interview.  Peavey has all of 0 practices being a Hog
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DOGALUM

I think the thread title is not representative of that interview.  I listened to the same interview and didn't get that impression at all.  He noted that BA was more hurt than anyone knew, gave him credit for fighting through it, commented on Derby....senior that loves the game.....named AA and Do-Wop, something about their arm strength, then finished up by saying something like "and of course the big freshman Rafe Peavy".   

Pretty vanilla. 

No hint whatsoever that Rafe wouldn't see the field.  If anything, I took away that the battle was WIDE open to all the above. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

jjdlc

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 07, 2014, 11:52:14 am
Thank you baby Jesus for someone that can read and comprehend what I wrote.. Thanks bro... you just confirmed for me that I'm not speaking Swahili

Heh, I'm just trying to post stats for comparison sake.  Memories of past players sometimes don't line up with the box scores.  Im actually shocked that Leak did as well as what he did.  Still, given his stats after that season, I wonder how good he could have been with a red shirt year.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jjdlc on February 07, 2014, 11:55:34 am
Heh, I'm just trying to post stats for comparison sake.  Memories of past players sometimes don't line up with the box scores.  Im actually shocked that Leak did as well as what he did.  Still, given his stats after that season, I wonder how good he could have been with a red shirt year.

I believe, if I'm remembering right, that when he came down from Columbia (SC), it was the allure of starting immediately that got him there. I had just came back from overseas and that was my 1st year of being able to watch the Hogs again after a 4 year break. Leak impressed me with his poise (not his numbers). That Florida team in '03 was capable of beating anybody, just depended on which coaching staff showed up ( the Florida staff or the ZOOK staff). Zook would have made a good run at a NC in 2006 regardless at Florida. It all started with Leak getting a lot of experience early.

jjdlc

Tyler Bray is another who hasn't been mentioned, but had a decent true freshman season.  Coached by our very own Jim Chaney.

Year   G     Cmp     Att     Pct     Yds     Y/A     AY/A     TD    Int    Rate
2010  9     125     224     55.8    1849    8.3     7.9       18    10     142.7

Dwight_K_Shrute

I did enough BA bashing during the season.  Let spring practice play out.  If they name a starter coming out of the Spring game b!tch and moan then.  If not that means it's wide open and contingent upon preseason practice.  Bielema's biggest mistake was naming BA the unequivocal starter period.  Should have left it open and give both BM and BA a chance to prove it in the fall. 

With that being said I hope BA's problems were injury related and he comes back and has a great season.  My concern is not the physical but the mental aspect.  We and the coaches should know in the spring if he is fully recovered physically.  What is his mental state?  Will he be shell shocked.  Many a good QB has been ruined by being thrown to the wolves too early.  They start worrying about getting hit, rushing their throws, etc.  Reading on message boards how the fans think they suck has to help their confidence as well.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 07, 2014, 12:09:16 pm
Reading on message boards how the fans think they suck has to help their confidence as well.

That and egging their truck rank right up there with the tip top of recruiting strategies. Maybe Saban can try it.

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: olivebranchhog on February 07, 2014, 09:45:59 am
He's saying what he needs to say.  If he came out and said he was looking forward to Rafe, he'd be saying he doesn't trust either Allen bro to do the job.  Plus, Brandon should be the #1 right now.  He's our only experienced qb and he hasn't had a chance to show what he's really capable of doing. I don't think the kid is the answer, but I'll let the coaches decide that.  I hope he comes out and kills it next year.  I'd be ecstatic if BA was so good that we could redshirt Rafe and not even worry about a qb for 4 years.

completely agree . . . as much as Hogville doesn't like it, it is entirely possible for BA to make great strides before this fall, start the season fully healthy, and do a great job at quarterback for us next season. And that does not in any way say that Rafe Peavey is not going to be an outstanding QB for us as well. Depending on any true freshman to walk in and play QB for you is not a position you want to get in the habit of being in.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on February 07, 2014, 12:14:05 pm
completely agree . . . as much as Hogville doesn't like it, it is entirely possible for BA to make great strides before this fall, start the season fully healthy, and do a great job at quarterback for us next season. And that does not in any way say that Rafe Peavey is not going to be an outstanding QB for us as well. Depending on any true freshman to walk in and play QB for you is not a position you want to get in the habit of being in.

Probably can be just as efficient as John Parker Wilson at Alabama. I can dig that...

MiHogsMi

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 07, 2014, 11:36:45 am
It's been explained over and over, you're just not listening.  Derby was a stop gap measure.  He was never meant to be a full time starter.  He was meant to get us through the OOC Rutgers game (which he almost did, the defense lost that game).   They thought it was pointless to waste AA's redshirt for what ended up being one game that we almost won until the final minutes of the game.

Who has explained it, Hogville?

Who is they?  Link please.

CBB knew BA was hurt.  Why play a hurt BA? Why play Derby?  Is AA that bad; I hope not.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

PigTimePlayer

I'm just glad that it appears we are a year away from having multiple, solid options at quarterback.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MiHogsMi on February 07, 2014, 12:17:13 pm

CBB knew BA was hurt.  Why play a hurt BA? Why play Derby?  Is AA that bad; I hope not.

I could only reckon that he thought there was a better chance of winning with a 75% BA. AA was redshirted and he might have been on par with BA at the time. Who knows... we didn't, so we didn't and we lost....

bphi11ips

Quote from: MiHogsMi on February 07, 2014, 12:17:13 pm

I agree the "explanation" is questionable.  It seems to me to be more likely that Bielema saw few "Ws" on the schedule after Rutgers and viewed 2013 as a throw away year.  He knew he would catch hell but stuck to his guns and the coachspeak.  There is no way AA is not a better QB than Derby.  But if AA wasn't going to affect the ultimate outcome of the games, then Bielema probably decided to save his year.

The only reason I can imagine why Bielema allowed BA to play through an injury, if he was in fact so injured that it affected his play as much as it appeared to, is because Bielema believed playing wouldn't hamper BA's long-term recovery, and Bielema wanted him to gain the experience from playing out the season.  Again, the rationale is that 2013 was a throw away.     
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Freebrd

Quote from: grim_sleeper on February 07, 2014, 09:41:13 am
During an interview with Bielema on Bo's show the other day Bielema talked about his excitement for Brandon Allen and Austin Allen.  He said that people probably don't realize how bad Brandon was hurt last year... etc.

It didn't sound like Rafe was going to see the field.  If that is true, I am kind of disappointed,  but I think Brandon Allen could be a good quarterback.  Maybe it's because he was hurt last year more than people think,  like Bielema said.
If brandon allen was hurt THAT bad, then allen jr and mitchell must not be even worse.  Therefore, I pray that peavey plays.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 07, 2014, 12:27:22 pm
I agree the "explanation" is questionable.  It seems to me to be more likely that Bielema saw few "Ws" on the schedule after Rutgers and viewed 2013 as a throw away year.  He knew he would catch hell but stuck to his guns and the coachspeak.  There is no way AA is not a better QB than Derby.  But if AA wasn't going to affect the ultimate outcome of the games, then Bielema probably decided to save his year.

The only reason I can imagine why Bielema allowed BA to play through an injury, if he was in fact so injured that it affected his play as much as it appeared to, is because Bielema believed playing wouldn't hamper BA's long-term recovery, and Bielema wanted him to gain the experience from playing out the season.  Again, the rationale is that 2013 was a throw away.     

I think the way you have to look at it from Coach Bielema's perspective.  Was his perspective, let's win games any way we can without thought of the future or are we going to build a program.

No matter who we played at quarterback, it was not going to improve the defense.  In the long run it is better to build for the future.  I think it was clear in Coach's mind that throwing away redshirts to have a 4-7 or 6-6 record was not worth the risk it was to attain that mark without throwing away the redshirts. 

Had the Defense held at Rutgers, Ole Miss or Miss St. we would have made a bowl game.  Did not happen.  As it is now, those redshirts are a year old, had more practice and can contribute more to the program.

Redshirting quarterbacks is not a bad idea.  I can think of two Heisman winners recently who were.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

MiHogsMi

Read your own words back to yourself and see if you don't agree with me that a wheel just came off your logic wagon.  I'm a critic of CBB but no way do I believe that he threw in the towel after the Rutgers loss. 

Which gets me back to my point and by default your post...fails, sorry.

Why would CBB play an injured BA...an underperforming Derby over a (heretofore understood to be) stud AA unless AA isn't as billed?  That or CBB shyte the bed and this is just one more bad decision in his "SEC Learning curve year".
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

PorkRinds

I agree the "explanation" is questionable.  It seems to me to be more likely that Bielema saw few "Ws" on the schedule after Rutgers and viewed 2013 as a throw away year.  He knew he would catch hell but stuck to his guns and the coachspeak.  There is no way AA is not a better QB than Derby. But if AA wasn't going to affect the ultimate outcome of the games, then Bielema probably decided to save his year.

You've just answered the question.  AA wasn't going to be THAT much better than the current option, and Derby was a stopgap measure to wait for BA to get back on the field. 

bphi11ips

Quote from: MiHogsMi on February 07, 2014, 01:23:08 pm

Read your own words back to yourself and see if you don't agree with me that a wheel just came off your logic wagon.  I'm a critic of CBB but no way do I believe that he threw in the towel after the Rutgers loss. 

Which gets me back to my point and by default your post...fails, sorry.

Why would CBB play an injured BA...an underperforming Derby over a (heretofore understood to be) stud AA unless AA isn't as billed?  That or CBB shyte the bed and this is just one more bad decision in his "SEC Learning curve year".

Or maybe he could see past 2013. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

grim_sleeper

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 07, 2014, 10:51:12 am
Disappointed?  Seriously disappointed that we may have quality depth at QB?

I guess you have a point.  I wouldn't be disappointed if Brandon Allen is good enough to be the starter again.

LZH

Großer Kriegschwein

LZH

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 07, 2014, 02:20:38 pm
Yes

I thought I saw that somewhere.  BA looked hurt last year, but he also looked snakebit.  Having said that, I don't think it'll be the end of the world if BB redshirts Peavey this year.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 07, 2014, 02:27:09 pm
I thought I saw that somewhere.  BA looked hurt last year, but he also looked snakebit.  Having said that, I don't think it'll be the end of the world if BB redshirts Peavey this year.

Agree If Peavey is going to be the real deal I'd much rather have him playing behind a well stocked experienced O Line, but at the same time we need to maximize the W's next year to show progress and get some recruiting momentum going.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 07, 2014, 02:27:09 pm

Nah, I don't think it will be... I think the dark horse will be Damon Mitchell during spring practice. Don't hold me to it, but I have a feeling the "prep squad player of the year" will have a good spring.

grim_sleeper

Quote from: DOGALUM on February 07, 2014, 11:53:38 am
I think the thread title is not representative of that interview.  I listened to the same interview and didn't get that impression at all.  He noted that BA was more hurt than anyone knew, gave him credit for fighting through it, commented on Derby....senior that loves the game.....named AA and Do-Wop, something about their arm strength, then finished up by saying something like "and of course the big freshman Rafe Peavy".   

Pretty vanilla. 

No hint whatsoever that Rafe wouldn't see the field.  If anything, I took away that the battle was WIDE open to all the above.

Perhaps I miss-interpreted it,  but that is what is sounded like to me. 

Dirty

Quote from: MiHogsMi on February 07, 2014, 10:29:21 am
If BA was so hurt,  and AA is so great then why in the frick did he play Derby?

Why not play AA? 

Don't say to keep a redshirt because we played true freshmen on both sides of the ball.  Don't say because it would have been bad for a QB psyche or you're saying AA is weaker than many true freshmen who have played over history.

This was discussed all last year but your hatred is obvious.

mpeacock

I will not watch a game this season if Brandon Allen is named starter. Not going to put myself through another year of "expectations" being thwarted. He may be a nice guy and all but he is THE WORST QB in the entire conference. If you think we can win a game where BA has to throw more than 15 times, then you are on the kool-aid. He is Casey Dick all over again...

Dirty

Quote from: mpeacock on February 07, 2014, 02:41:16 pm
I will not watch a game this season if Brandon Allen is named starter. Not going to put myself through another year of "expectations" being thwarted. He may be a nice guy and all but he is THE WORST QB in the entire conference. If you think we can win a game where BA has to throw more than 15 times, then you are on the kool-aid. He is Casey Dick all over again...

No one cares if you watch or don't.  Have fun!

Großer Kriegschwein

Well damn, gonna have to call Coach and let him know that... He should be all kinds of broken up about it. Maybe he'll start Jim Chaney instead.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Casey Dick won 8 games as the full time started in 2007, and helped give Petrino some momentum by winning the LSU game in 2008. 

PorkRinds

Could you go ahead and revoke your Hogville membership too?  Thanks!