Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Explain "Can't Out - Bama Bama"

Started by Peter Porker, February 07, 2014, 07:11:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Mac

Quote from: uams1989 on February 08, 2014, 11:05:08 am
Uh...Nutt didn't beat Bama while at Ole Miss. Last time Ole Miss beat Bama was with Cutcliffe and Eli Manning.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

correct.  Ole Miss upset #1 Florida not Bama in 2008
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

bigbadhog

Quote from: hambone on February 08, 2014, 10:43:20 am
This isn't true. Missouri just won their division with overall talent less than that of Arkansas according to recruiting gurus.

You have to run a system that accentuates your positives to their fullest potential.

I find it hilarious that since joining the SEC, we have only been a passing team that also runs the ball 8 seasons out of 20+. In those 8 seasons, 2 were 10 win seasons, our only BCS bowl, finished ranked in the top 25 five times, went to 5 bowls games and had a 3-2 record in those bowl games.

What makes it hilarious is that our twit fanbase thinks we should be a power running attack with a defense first mentality. LOL!

We have tried that power running game without an average passing attack for the remaining 14 seasons with a grand total of 1 ten win season, ZERO BCS bowls, 6 bowl appearance (4 of which were Las Vegas, Shreveport, and Music City), but wait for it........3 SEC championship game appearance in which only one was competitive.

Just makes you wonder "how bad was the SEC those three years we went to the championship game"?

Einstein said that doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result was his definition of insanity.

I would dare say those who believe that our latest attempt at out Bama'ing Bama will work out a high level meet Einstein's criteria.

Well said Ham +1.  His really isn't rocket science people...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on February 08, 2014, 07:00:21 am
You talking 2006 when we were blown out at home by USC?

Yeah.  It was the 1st and last game RoJo started...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Quote from: XxALLEYxX on February 08, 2014, 08:33:03 am
You ever play organized football?  Just curious.

Yes.  But I don't claim to be an X's and O's football guy.  Just posting my opinion from what I observed.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hambone on February 08, 2014, 10:43:20 am
This isn't true. Missouri just won their division with overall talent less than that of Arkansas according to recruiting gurus.

You have to run a system that accentuates your positives to their fullest potential.

I find it hilarious that since joining the SEC, we have only been a passing team that also runs the ball 8 seasons out of 20+. In those 8 seasons, 2 were 10 win seasons, our only BCS bowl, finished ranked in the top 25 five times, went to 5 bowls games and had a 3-2 record in those bowl games.

What makes it hilarious is that our twit fanbase thinks we should be a power running attack with a defense first mentality. LOL!

We have tried that power running game without an average passing attack for the remaining 14 seasons with a grand total of 1 ten win season, ZERO BCS bowls, 6 bowl appearance (4 of which were Las Vegas, Shreveport, and Music City), but wait for it........3 SEC championship game appearance in which only one was competitive.

Just makes you wonder "how bad was the SEC those three years we went to the championship game"?

Einstein said that doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result was his definition of insanity.

I would dare say those who believe that our latest attempt at out Bama'ing Bama will work out a high level meet Einstein's criteria.

Hambone - have you taken a look at who our OC is and the size of the WRs they are recruiting? Just curious as it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see - if you really want to see.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Lake City Hog

locus, did you see the mid season PC where BB slammed his hand on the table and shouted that we have to run the ball?

As far as the OP--- we signed one of the better O'Lines in the country, Bama signed the best O'Line in the country.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: lchog on February 08, 2014, 05:44:17 pm
locus, did you see the mid season PC where BB slammed his hand on the table and shouted that we have to run the ball?

As far as the OP--- we signed one of the better O'Lines in the country, Bama signed the best O'Line in the country.

I don't recall the presser. I watch most, but I have a crap memory. My reaction to that presser is with your starting QB hurt what are you suppose to do? Continue to let Derby pass or a limp armed Allen? How much sense does that make? Especially when you have two RBs who were running pretty well.

None of that invalidates my comments about our OC, linemen and WRs being recruited. It is very apparent, if you look, that we are recruiting to have a more balanced attack.

Now I will add a new thought for discussion. So what if we cannot out Bama Bama. With CBP style we were not winning against Bama, so against that team nothing has changed. Now I do believe it is possible to "Bama" the rest of the SEC, so are the anti CBB people saying we cannot Bama the other teams? Seriously?

Of course the real issue has already been mentioned numerous times in this thread - we need a defense or no offensive scheme will work.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Btw, overall I think this has been a great thread.  Good points on all sides, for the most part without personal attacks...

It can be done!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Notshavin on February 08, 2014, 08:03:12 pm
Btw, overall I think this has been a great thread.  Good points on all sides, for the most part without personal attacks...

It can be done!

Agree with you.