Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jashon Cornell.

Started by secneahog, February 06, 2014, 05:39:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iron Hog

Four man front could include Jashon, Bijhon, Hjalte, and Jamario. These guys could be the best defensive front in the league. All these guys have a tremendously high ceiling.

secneahog

Quote from: Dirty on February 09, 2014, 12:46:28 pm
How many big time recruits were ever even considering us until this staff got here?

We had to find the guys who were tagged...Diamonds in the rough and be happy about it.

This staff has taken on big time schools and won in a short period. 
I hope we win some games and make 2015 a class that will be remarkable.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: The Iron Hog on February 09, 2014, 12:47:42 pm
Four man front could include Jashon, Bijhon, Hjalte, and Jamario. These guys could be the best defensive front in the league. All these guys have a tremendously high ceiling.

Insane.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jjdlc

How many big time recruits were ever even considering us until this staff got here?

There were some, but this many at once is definitely new.  We ended up falling a bit short this year, but the number who had us in their final 3-5 was impressive.  This year will be recruiting year 3, so they've had a good long while to develop the relationships.

secneahog

Quote from: jjdlc on February 09, 2014, 12:58:24 pm
There were some, but this many at once is definitely new.  We ended up falling a bit short this year, but the number who had us in their final 3-5 was impressive.  This year will be recruiting year 3, so they've had a good long whle to develop the relationships.

I still don't think we came up short. I think we closed about the same we did last year. Losing soloman doesn't make us coming up short imo.

Last year closed on Denver, Collins
This year closed on Ragnow,  Jojo.

Pretty close to me.

immahog

a lot of things are pointing our way with this next class just hope we can close on the talent
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Dirty

Quote from: jjdlc on February 09, 2014, 12:58:24 pm
There were some, but this many at once is definitely new.  We ended up falling a bit short this year, but the number who had us in their final 3-5 was impressive.  This year will be recruiting year 3, so they've had a good long while to develop the relationships.

I don't count it as year 3 because he didn't get here in December 2012.  I say a full two for sure.  Anyway you look at it, his staff is doing one hell of a job.

jjdlc

Quote from: secneahog on February 09, 2014, 01:03:41 pm

I still don't think we came up short. I think we closed about the same we did last year. Losing soloman doesn't make us coming up short imo.

Last year closed on Denver, Collins
This year closed on Ragnow,  Jojo.

Pretty close to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with our class, we didn't fall short in terms of quality or meeting needs.  What I meant was we fell short on Thomas, although we had a lot to overcome there.  With this years class this staff will have had another year of relationship building with these recruits, that counts for a lot.

secneahog

Quote from: jjdlc on February 09, 2014, 01:18:28 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with our class, we didn't fall short in terms of quality or meeting needs.  What I meant was we fell short on Thomas, although we had a lot to overcome there.  With this years class this staff will have had another year of relationship building with these recruits, that counts for a lot.

Oh ya for sure. You are a HV poster that I enjoy seeing a comment from. Seems like that's a dieing breed on here.

But yes another year for us to build relationships is huge in recruiting.  Collins felt comfortable with Bielema because he recruited him for 2 years at Wisconsin. 
Also were not going to offer every big name out there like Ole piss to try and get a super high ranking. We're going to offer big names that fit Arkansas.   Which I really like.

secneahog

Quote from: immahog on February 09, 2014, 01:12:48 pm
a lot of things are pointing our way with this next class just hope we can close on the talent

Yep.  We have to go bowling this year. I think we will.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: secneahog on February 09, 2014, 01:24:45 pm
Yep.  We have to go bowling this year. I think we will.
Let's roll then.

[attachment deleted by admin]

secneahog

jjdlc

Quote from: secneahog on February 09, 2014, 01:23:56 pm
Oh ya for sure. You are a HV poster that I enjoy seeing a comment from. Seems like that's a dieing breed on here.

But yes another year for us to build relationships is huge in recruiting.  Collins felt comfortable with Bielema because he recruited him for 2 years at Wisconsin. 
Also were not going to offer every big name out there like Ole piss to try and get a super high ranking. We're going to offer big names that fit Arkansas.   Which I really like.

I appreciate that.  I agree with you on our recruiting too.  It looks like we may be in line for our highest rated class, at least in the short history of rankings, but you can be sure that the guys we take will fit here regardless of what they are ranked.

Break & Run

Cornell tweet that him and Hilliard are taking visits together.  #FutureTeammates
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

secneahog

Quote from: Break & Run on February 09, 2014, 03:06:09 pm
Cornell tweet that him and Hilliard are taking visits together.  #FutureTeammates

Whoa.      Man o man.

opineonswine

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 09, 2014, 08:16:15 am
Kyle Goblirsch, a Minnesota 247 insider, predicted Jashon to the Hogs yesterday on the Crystal ball.  Thought it was interesting, given all of the msg board fodder we have been talking about lately.

FWIW, that insider batted .710 for this year's predictions.

Hog Nutt

Who's Hilliard? Is this good or bad?

secneahog

Quote from: Hog Nutt on February 09, 2014, 05:11:32 pm

5star lber.  Very good. Out of ohio.   This staff has been on him for awhile

opineonswine

jjdlc

Quote from: Hog Nutt on February 09, 2014, 05:11:32 pm

Family seems to really like Taver Johnson.

ARtillahog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 09, 2014, 03:50:26 pm
FWIW, that insider batted .710 for this year's predictions.

It would be nice if he were correct on this prediction.

AugustaHog

If we pull these two guys along with what we already have, this class will definitely be top 10.  Storey, froholdt, and bell are pretty much concensus top 100 guys and Rogers is the #1 C on scout.  By that count we would have 5 top 100 guys and 3 players ranked #1 at their position.  It would also be nice to stick it to urb too.  Taking hjalte and Hilliard out of his backyard would be huge.

redeye

He also seems to be twitter friends with Georgia Campbell, who's the #1 athlete in the nation.  Campbell's from Tampa, FL and has an offer from Arkansas, according to 247.  First time I've heard anything about him.

GEO-HOG

February 09, 2014, 10:00:27 pm #74 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:16:20 pm by GEO-HOG
I really hope Shannon sticks around long enough to sign Hillard

Huds_HawgTide

Im back guys...that banning stuff really happens so dont think itbdoesnt....lol anyways this guy and hilliard would be a dream come true...any five star on defense would be sweet esp anlinebacker
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huckleberry Pig

Really like that we have Pittman on Cornell.  He gives us a shot with anyone.  Can we expect to see him help out more on DL recruits with Segrest while Segrest gets accustomed to recruiting?

hogwild210

I would love that, but how often does it actually happen?

Weren't there two that were considered a package deal this year? A LB and DE? I don't think they ended up at the same school.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

AugustaHog

Yep that was Shaw and Rhaheed.  Those were both good players, but we obviously lost interest to some extent with Shaw and maybe Rhaheed too.  They probably didn't have a ton of schools that offered both.  Hilliard and Cornell are both elite players nationally and would likely be able to go wherever either of them want.  I agree, however, that the package deal type of thing rarely works out, though.  Usually, the two kids get excited about different schools and just go to the place they fit best.  I would love to be able to snag these two though. 

Razorhawg09

Urban is going to do whatever it takes to sign Hilliard.

Hawg_Thai'd

Has anyone heard anything about Cornell or Justin Hilliard? I don't recall seeing any of the coaches traveling north to see these guys this Spring. Thought maybe someone has heard something or seen something on Ragnow's twitter.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

GEO-HOG

I think Justin Hillard has already eliminated us, not sure though. 

Slimac4

June 05, 2014, 10:45:26 am #82 Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:28:07 am by Slimac4
Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 08:51:55 am
Fans like you are the type Jeff Long is working to get rid of. Hopefully he'll succeed.

Why because he called you on your crap? What in his post says anything about him being a type of fan that our AD, Jeff Long, would want to get rid of?

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: GEO-HOG on June 05, 2014, 10:18:30 am
I think Justin Hillard has already eliminated us, not sure though.

Thanks. I figured once Taver left, the chances went down. Cornell was supposed to be interested in playing with Big Frank, so if Frank comes in and gets some early playing time and has good things to say about the program, Cornell may come down for a visit.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 07, 2014, 02:11:28 pm
Oh definitely, I do feel there will be a strong push from several B1G schools, especially Ohio state.  If the Ragnow connection and Pittman can sway him, that would be a haul that would cause some hatred from the northern schools.

I love me some hatred from Northern schools...

redeye

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on June 06, 2014, 12:59:34 am
Thanks. I figured once Taver left, the chances went down. Cornell was supposed to be interested in playing with Big Frank, so if Frank comes in and gets some early playing time and has good things to say about the program, Cornell may come down for a visit.

That's my opinion, also.  Haven't heard much about Cornell or any players from Ohio since Taver left.  I see both of the players you named now have more interest in Alabama then us.

The NewEra

None that I remember!

redeye

I thought we began receiving more interest from big time recruits with Petrino, but did a terrible job closing.  We're still receiving big interest with Bielema, but seem to do a better job closing.