Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jashon Cornell.

Started by secneahog, February 06, 2014, 05:39:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Just looking at some offers we have out there already.
Jashon is a 5star legit DE.

Find it interesting he's the #1 recruit in Minnesota,  just like Ragnow was.
I'm sure he noticed where Ragnow went.

Another thing is Bielema threw the heavy hitter on him. Sam Pittman. 
Rory Segrest.    Talk about Rory making a splash in recruiting if he they could snag this guy.

He's 6'4 260. Sorry I can't post his 24.7 profile. I'm sure someone else can easily. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RyeHogFan

This young man is currently the #1 OVERALL junior prospect on ESPN. I believe Danny West said that he has a connection with Ragnow and other connections in Arkansas.

trashcan maN

Hes friends w Ragnow. Retweeted him when he wrote "Im a Razorback"

secneahog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 06, 2014, 05:45:44 pm
This young man is currently the #1 OVERALL junior prospect on ESPN. I believe Danny West said that he has a connection with Ragnow and other connections in Arkansas.

Ah ok. Yes I'm sure he has some kind of connection with Ragnow.  When your that highly rated those players keep in touch.
Talk about a home run recruit.
What caught my eye was we are warm on him on 24.7. 
Very early I know....but Sam is on him.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: kj0N on February 06, 2014, 05:47:33 pm
Hes friends w Ragnow. Retweeted him when he wrote "Im a Razorback"

Wow.  That's awesome.  +1.   

Music City Hog

They've discussed playing at the same school and playing in the sec.

secneahog

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 06, 2014, 05:57:05 pm
They've discussed playing at the same school and playing in the sec.

On twitter? 

Music City Hog

secneahog

Simple Swineman

247 Profile shows he had an unofficial visit here on Nov 2. Same weekend Ragnow was here. Interesting.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jashon-Cornell-20904?Institution=2886

secneahog

Quote from: Simple Swineman on February 06, 2014, 06:35:32 pm
247 Profile shows he had an unofficial visit here on Nov 2. Same weekend Ragnow was here. Interesting.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jashon-Cornell-20904?Institution=2886

+1.  Very interesting.    Did he make it?...

Simple Swineman

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 06:41:28 pm

Not sure if he made it, but I'm sure somebody on here knows. According to RD's report from that day he was expected to be here. Since it was an unofficial visit there wasn't any follow up report on him that I could find.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/nov/02/saturday-recruiting-tidbits/

Hawgzinbowlz

Good to be in the mix with this level of player.

Let's get the ball rolling with a bowl season.

" GO HOGS "

secneahog

[q uote author=MorrellHog link=topic=561667.msg8802543#msg8802543 date=1391743432]
Good to be in the mix with this level of player.

Let's get the ball rolling with a bowl season.

" GO HOGS "
[/quote]

Yep. We need to win some games.!  We will.

Break & Run

In before 09 guarantee's his a Michigan lock.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

bhavesj92

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 06:41:28 pm
I remember tweeting to RD asking him if he had made the trip, he said he did not see him on campus.

secneahog

Quote from: bhavesj92 on February 07, 2014, 02:06:02 am
I remember tweeting to RD asking him if he had made the trip, he said he did not see him on campus.

Ah ok

Hog N Bama

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 05:48:54 pm
Ah ok. Yes I'm sure he has some kind of connection with Ragnow.  When your that highly rated those players keep in touch.
Talk about a home run recruit.
What caught my eye was we are warm on him on 24.7. 
Very early I know....but Sam is on him.
Recruiting is looking up, slowly but surely ;D WPS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

trashcan maN

On top of being friends with Ragnow, stating he wants to play with him in the SEC and having family in Little Rock.............

Sam Pittman is his lead recruiter.

Hog lock lol

Hog Nutt

Does Alabama just go down the top 100 and send an offer to all of them?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hog Nutt on February 07, 2014, 08:52:18 am
Does Alabama just go down the top 100 and send an offer to all of them?

Nope, just the top 25, since they can't sign anymore

ARtillahog

Jashon's visit to Fayetteville.  Still no confirmation if he actually made it to campus.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 07, 2014, 10:10:54 am

Jashon's visit to Fayetteville.  Still no confirmation if he actually made it to campus.
I do not believe he made it.

GEO-HOG

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 10:14:47 am

I think this is the first time you haven't spoken in absolutes.  +1

secneahog

Quote from: kj0N on February 07, 2014, 08:27:34 am
On top of being friends with Ragnow, stating he wants to play with him in the SEC and having family in Little Rock.............

Sam Pittman is his lead recruiter.

Hog lock lol

Wow... this is big big news

sickboy

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 10:14:47 am

I don't think he did either. Right now, I'd say Minnesota has the edge here. However, we have three things in our favor:

1. Trey Flowers will be graduating and going to the NFL -- so we'll have a proven track record of sending DE's to the league, while also having an immediate need for Cornell.

2. He's good friends with Frank Ragnow. Ragnow is going to definitely recruit him.

3. He's good friends with Justin Hilliard. If we could somehow land Hilliard, which from what I've read Hillard and his parents are big on Taver Johnson, but if we could land Hilliard, I think we'd have a good chance of pulling Cornell from Minnesota.

The other wild card I think is Notre Dame. Cretin-Derham is a catholic school and I hear his coach is a Notre Dame fan. There's always something to the catholic school connection. When I went to Catholic High in Little Rock -- a load of kids always wanted to go to Notre Dame by default -- and a handful of coaches all LOVED Notre Dame. Probably not a coincidence that Cretin-Denham has sent a few players to Notre Dame, including current wide out James Onwualu.

Just things to consider.

secneahog

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on February 07, 2014, 11:45:51 am
I don't think he did either. Right now, I'd say Minnesota has the edge here. However, we have three things in our favor:

1. Trey Flowers will be graduating and going to the NFL -- so we'll have a proven track record of sending DE's to the league, while also having an immediate need for Cornell.

2. He's good friends with Frank Ragnow. Ragnow is going to definitely recruit him.

3. He's good friends with Justin Hilliard. If we could somehow land Hilliard, which from what I've read Hillard and his parents are big on Taver Johnson, but if we could land Hilliard, I think we'd have a good chance of pulling Cornell from Minnesota.

The other wild card I think is Notre Dame. Cretin-Derham is a catholic school and I hear his coach is a Notre Dame fan. There's always something to the catholic school connection. When I went to Catholic High in Little Rock -- a load of kids always wanted to go to Notre Dame by default -- and a handful of coaches all LOVED Notre Dame. Probably not a coincidence that Cretin-Denham has sent a few players to Notre Dame, including current wide out James Onwualu.

Just things to consider.

Gotcha.

We've been on Hilliard for awhile now hopefully that pays off good for us in the long run.
I know 24.7 is sketchy but they don't have Minnesota on the board.

With jashon saying he wants to play in the sec AND play with Ragnow. 
Well that can narrow it down. I know he's young and he might have jumped the gun early and said that....but at least it's in his mind.

Plus Pittman is on him.. .

Razorhawg09

I figure Urb will be heavily involved.

kmartens

Kid is #1 overall recruit on ESPN's Junior300. We need this guy to put on a Hog Hat on NSD. ESPN will be talking all about this kid like they were Robert Nkemdiche last year. Adding the #1 overall guy to our already great start of a class would be huge!

secneahog

Quote from: kmartens on February 07, 2014, 12:38:16 pm
Kid is #1 overall recruit on ESPN's Junior300. We need this guy to put on a Hog Hat on NSD. ESPN will be talking all about this kid like they were Robert Nkemdiche last year. Adding the #1 overall guy to our already great start of a class would be huge!

Yes. Your correct.  Him playing beside Froholdt or Bijohn.  Watch out! 

ARtillahog

whosiskid

I don't know if we can land him but I do like that he visited us with Ragnow. He is going to get a lot of pressure to stay in the region, but if Ragnow starts at center and has a great season that could change.  Now, one thing that could hurt us is having commitments already from Froholdt and Jamario Bell . Both could play elsewhere,  like Froholdt to DT and Bell to TE, but it still could be a factor.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

secneahog

Quote from: whosiskid on February 07, 2014, 01:31:37 pm
I don't know if we can land him but I do like that he visited us with Ragnow. He is going to get a lot of pressure to stay in the region, but if Ragnow starts at center and has a great season that could change.  Now, one thing that could hurt us is having commitments already from Froholdt and Jamario Bell . Both could play elsewhere,  like Froholdt to DT and Bell to TE, but it still could be a factor.

I'm pretty sure Froholdt is gonna be Dt. He's weighing 285 right now.

Ha.....that's just insane. 

We have to get him in campus a bunch.  Have to sell the family atmosphere.  I would host him with Dan Skipper & Ragnow. 

Jamario is tuff to judge because he can play de or te.  Very gifted dude.

We were pretty stacked at oline and ragnow came.  So let's hope this is the same situation. 
Gotta like how we tried or did get him on campus already.  This staff has prolly been on him for awhile. Just like Hilliard & Roquan Smith.

ARtillahog

Quote from: whosiskid on February 07, 2014, 01:31:37 pm

Almost certain Cornell did not visit that weekend with Ragnow.  I couldn't tell from Cornell's twitter, RD would be the best one to ask.

secneahog

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 07, 2014, 01:55:53 pm
Almost certain Cornell did not visit that weekend with Ragnow.  I couldn't tell from Cornell's twitter, RD would be the best one to ask.

I trust Pittman will bring his A game. Full court pressure on this guy.
Should have some good games this year for a official visits.

ARtillahog

Quote from: secneahog on February 07, 2014, 02:04:31 pm
I trust Pittman will bring his A game. Full court pressure on this guy.
Should have some good games this year for a official visits.

Oh definitely, I do feel there will be a strong push from several B1G schools, especially Ohio state.  If the Ragnow connection and Pittman can sway him, that would be a haul that would cause some hatred from the northern schools.

Break & Run

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 08:51:55 am
Fans like you are the type Jeff Long is working to get rid of. Hopefully he'll succeed.

Oh yeah?  Fans like me?  The guys who didn't graduate from UofA but still pay thousands a year to the RF and buy season tickets during 4-8, 3-9 seasons?  Those fans?  I bet those are the kind Long WANTS to keep...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: kmartens on February 07, 2014, 12:38:16 pm

not if we get him  ;) if he goes with us i'm sure they'll cut away immediately and find something "cool" to say about a&m

ricepig

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 07, 2014, 01:55:53 pm

I'm almost sure he didn't come down.

ricepig

Quote from: Break & Run on February 07, 2014, 02:16:12 pm
Oh yeah?  Fans like me?  The guys who didn't graduate from UofA but still pay thousands a year to the RF and buy season tickets during 4-8, 3-9 seasons?  Those fans?  I bet those are the kind Long WANTS to keep...

Ignore him, his UofA education isn't any good, except for himself, when compared to other schools. As an alum, season ticket holder, and RF member, I thank you very much for your support.

hawgmasta

Once again were in on some top shelf talent. Pulling this guy would be huge. An out of state 5 star defensive prospect.

secneahog

Quote from: hawgmasta on February 07, 2014, 02:53:53 pm
Once again were in on some top shelf talent. Pulling this guy would be huge. An out of state 5 star defensive prospect.

In year 3 Bielema & staff has had a chance to have relationships with top recruits for a couple years now. That will be huge. Instead of forming relationships late in the game.
Remember when Alex Collins said he was being recruited for 2 years while Bielema was at Wisconsin. 

I know this staff is doing that same kind of approach with the 2015 class. 
The 3rd year class will be the judging year for this staff. Because of what I listed above.

ARtillahog

Kyle Goblirsch, a Minnesota 247 insider, predicted Jashon to the Hogs yesterday on the Crystal ball.  Thought it was interesting, given all of the msg board fodder we have been talking about lately.

ldfergu

Quote from: secneahog on February 07, 2014, 01:46:07 pm
I'm pretty sure Froholdt is gonna be Dt. He's weighing 285 right now.

Ha.....that's just insane. 

We have to get him in campus a bunch.  Have to sell the family atmosphere.  I would host him with Dan Skipper & Ragnow. 

Jamario is tuff to judge because he can play de or te.  Very gifted dude.

We were pretty stacked at oline and ragnow came.  So let's hope this is the same situation. 
Gotta like how we tried or did get him on campus already.  This staff has prolly been on him for awhile. Just like Hilliard & Roquan Smith.

Not that it matters but i'm curious who our last starting, white DT was?

zane

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 09, 2014, 08:16:15 am
Kyle Goblirsch, a Minnesota 247 insider, predicted Jashon to the Hogs yesterday on the Crystal ball.  Thought it was interesting, given all of the msg board fodder we have been talking about lately.

Interesting, indeed!
RIP LSUfan

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on February 09, 2014, 10:43:38 am
Zach Stadther. Played from 2008-2011
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

secneahog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on February 09, 2014, 10:43:38 am

Here's the real question.  Who was our last starting white, international dt?...  or even starting international dt?

secneahog

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 09, 2014, 08:16:15 am

Very interesting.

jjdlc

If he and Hilliard are friends, both with interest in us, playing in the SEC, playing together and playing with Ragnow,  that is a pretty strong set of things in our favor.  Could shape up to be a very very special year.

Dirty

Quote from: jjdlc on February 09, 2014, 12:43:08 pm
If he and Hilliard are friends, both with interest in us, playing in the SEC, playing together and playing with Ragnow,  that is a pretty strong set of things in our favor.  Could shape up to be a very very special year.

How many big time recruits were ever even considering us until this staff got here?