Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does it really change anything?

Started by Lake City Hog, February 06, 2014, 04:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogcard1964

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on February 08, 2014, 01:32:59 pm
lets see if Kentucky can maintain it.  So, you aren't sure why and don't care why.  Just want something to biotch about.  Got it....nothing more to see here.

I thought voicing your displeasure with a poor recruiting class on a message board was somewhat the entire aspect of it?

jvanhorn

Quote from: hambone on February 07, 2014, 11:13:23 am
Actually this class was ranked 30th by 247.

What is a little scary about that is that it is also the average rank for the classes of guys that weren't talented enough to make CBB's system work here this past season.

As a matter of fact, a team full of guys with the average recruiting class rank of 30 just turned in the worst season since WWII.

I am not so sure that it was that a lot of them weren't talented, but that their talents were unsuited for the system that he wants to install.  In other words thru no fault of their own they were put somewhat of a postion to not succeed.You can't ask a dog to be a cat and expect much in the way of results.

I have always thought that if a head coach starts from scratch you should allow him 5 years to get up to 100 per cent speed with the players and the depth he needs.

There should be a  very noticeable improvement in year 4 and a seriously good team by year 4.  He should get at least as long as Anderson who, basically needs to only find 7 or 8 players.  Football, obviously, demands a lot more players than that.

This is just year one.  You have to be patient.  It is a process.  Stay calm.  he is going to get his chance to do this no matter what the fans think.  Enjoy the ride.

Chief Mac

Quote from: hogcard1964 on February 08, 2014, 01:43:50 pm
I thought voicing your displeasure with a poor recruiting class on a message board was somewhat the entire aspect of it?

maybe for you, but I would rather do root-cause analysis of our misses in order to learn where success can be made next time.  Its the manager in me.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Lake City Hog

I think that Mike actually wound up at Florida, didn't he? Flipped a day or so before signing day??