Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

247 Sports' Shurburtt says

Started by Next1_04, February 06, 2014, 04:12:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadhog

Quote from: qbrew on February 07, 2014, 02:00:56 pm
It may be worded a bit harshly, but it's 100% true. There is a market, and they are filling it.

BB can think it all day long but picking a fight is silly.  How will that help his cause or our team?  He often speaks before he thinks...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

qbrew

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 02:02:56 pm
BB can think it all day long but picking a fight is silly.  How will that help his cause or our team?  He often speaks before he thinks...

I thought he was answering a question, not picking a fight?

bigbadhog

Quote from: qbrew on February 07, 2014, 02:07:29 pm
I thought he was answering a question, not picking a fight?

If someone has that harsh a reply about your profession, you wouldn't like it (even if that person was just answering a question)...

qbrew

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 02:16:07 pm
If someone has that harsh a reply about your profession, you wouldn't like it (even if that person was just answering a question)...

False. I wouldn't care. Usually if someone is that defensive, there is some insecurity there.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: qbrew on February 07, 2014, 02:28:11 pm
False. I wouldn't care. Usually if someone is that defensive, there is some insecurity there.

Exactly.  The guy acted like Bielema personally insulted one of his kids.  He went on and on, very obnoxiously.

If you feel your job is significant and worthy, you shouldn't get so fired up about a man's opinion of it. Certainly, Bielema wasn't the first, and he won't be the last, to say such a thing.

bigbadhog

Quote from: qbrew on February 07, 2014, 02:28:11 pm

Some control their emotions better than others when this happens but it is human nature to be upset even if you keep it inside.  The point is why pick a fight and insult the profession.  Not very smart...

870hogfan

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 02:36:27 pm
Some control their emotions better than others when this happens but it is human nature to be upset even if you keep it inside.  The point is why pick a fight and insult the profession.  Not very smart...

Um every coach insults the Recruiting rankings....

SPAL

In response to "it's for the fans."

Today it certainly is. But when Tom Lemming started scouting high school recruits, his intention was to break down a list of kids for coaches. He realized they might pay decent coin for a list of kids that they didn't have the rescources to recruit themselves. So there was a time, before Internet and social media and cell phones, that this type of information was held n high standards and paid well for by coaching staffs.

Nowadays, it's used to enhance entertainment and cater to a market of football crazed southerners . Coaches now have the advantages to do their own scouting, evaluating, and analyzing.

So coach B is right. But it wasn't that way at the start.

braxhog

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 02:16:07 pm
There are hundreds of people who get on here every day and are pretty harsh towards Bielemas job. Bet he doesn't care, nor should he.

bigbadhog

Quote from: braxhog on February 07, 2014, 03:47:42 pm
There are hundreds of people who get on here every day and are pretty harsh towards Bielemas job. Bet he doesn't care, nor should he.

He should care if they are ticketholders and provide donations to the RF to provide for his paycheck...

three hog night

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2014, 07:24:33 pm
What offended the guy was the remark about the services existing because "those are just a bunch of guys that just need a job and something to justify what they're doing"

Bielema was telling the truth...and it hurts!

We did sign some impressive offensive talent.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hoglady

Quote from: three hog night on February 07, 2014, 04:39:05 pm

As a fan I disagree.
Let's say 247, Rivals and Scout shutdown and didn't exist.
Where would anyone get information on recruits?
Not everyone likes to follow recruiting, but many do.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OTTER

Quote from: three hog night on February 07, 2014, 04:39:05 pm

This!  And the only person trying to start a fight here was the recruiting dweeb.  Coach B ain't the only coach who has insulted recruiting services.  The recruiting dweeb over reacted big time.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

SPAL

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2014, 05:17:07 pm
As a fan I disagree.

Would it change the way schools recruit?
Would it change who wins on a consistent basis?
Would fans stop watching college football?

It's about money, nothing more. Shut them down and the game of football would still be king in the south. It gives us something to talk about until spring football. 

qbrew

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 04:11:06 pm
He should care if they are ticketholders and provide donations to the RF to provide for his paycheck...
You are really reaching now.  It is Jeff Long's job to worry about that stuff.  A coach's job it's to recruit and coach players. His comments about recruiting rankings will have no impact on that.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 01:56:43 pm
That was a pretty nasty comment.  BB can't seem to keep his mouth shut when it is the prudent thing to do.  That is something I continue to NOT like about him.  That is a fight he didn't need to pick.  It will all come out on the field the next few years and a battle of words is useless...

Anything to fit your agenda and constant negativity, right?!

This will be the last time I give a f' about your insipid posts.

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2014, 05:17:07 pm
As a fan I disagree.

You're joking right? I can't tell...

If those businesses went away then something else would fill that market. It's not a Charity.

braxhog

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 07, 2014, 04:11:06 pm
Quit donating then. There are others that would be glad to take your seats. Coach is worried about coaching his team. I would much rather his focus be there than trying to make you happy.

hoglady

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 07, 2014, 05:58:31 pm
Would it change the way schools recruit?
Would it change who wins on a consistent basis?
Would fans stop watching college football?

It's about money, nothing more. Shut them down and the game of football would still be king in the south. It gives us something to talk about until spring football. 

Who wants to go into business to lose money?
Every business is about making money - if it's not, they won't be in business long.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: The_Hog_Father on February 07, 2014, 06:13:07 pm
Anything to fit your agenda and constant negativity, right?!

This will be the last time I give a f' about your insipid posts.

You're joking right? I can't tell...

If those businesses went away then something else would fill that market. It's not a Charity.

That's the whole point.
They provide information folks are willing to pay for.
So why is everyone bashing them and what they do?

SPAL

Quote from: hoglady on February 07, 2014, 07:27:47 pm
That's the whole point.
They provide information folks are willing to pay for.
So why is everyone bashing them and what they do?

Nobody is bashing them for what they do IF you only view it as entertainment value. If you use it for anything else you are a fool.