Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Hilliard

Started by SwineSalesman, February 06, 2014, 12:18:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MFG

Quote from: davispard on February 07, 2014, 11:25:33 am
Just got tired of 09 running everything and everyone down on this Board.  I can play all day with fools like that...

Word of advice, if you ignore it, it will go away.

You keep acknowledging him, he only gets stronger.

You're basically trolling yourself.

Razorhawg09

There's just few on here that can handle or want a mature perspective. It's ridiculous really. Bunch of Rick Schaeffer's on here. What's the point of a message board if only one point of view is tolerated? Keep totin' that flag.

colbs

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 11:57:02 am
There's just few on here that can handle or want a mature perspective. It's ridiculous really. Bunch of Rick Schaeffer's on here. What's the point of a message board if only one point of view is tolerated? Keep totin' that flag.
I think what bothers people is you act like you are in "the know" and you're not.  Most are just guesses or opinions.  You are right on some things and you are wrong on things as well.  I have no problem with you, think you bring info to the site, but I take it with a grain of salt. 

Razorhawg09

Quote from: colbs on February 07, 2014, 12:24:15 pm
I think what bothers people is you act like you are in "the know" and you're not.  Most are just guesses or opinions.  You are right on some things and you are wrong on things as well.  I have no problem with you, think you bring info to the site, but I take it with a grain of salt.
I never said I was in the know. I'm probably more tuned in than most bc of my connections to UA.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 11:57:02 am

Read your posts then look up "mature" and "perspective".  Meet back to discuss.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 12:28:06 pm
I never said I was in the know. I'm probably more tuned in than most bc of my connections to UA.

Which is great and all, I think many appreciate some "inside" info to some things.  If you give reasons on why you think/know then it's seen as less dick-ish.  You can have info and say certain players won't be attending the U of A and still be humble while accomplishing the task of message board chatter.

hawgwash

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 12:48:53 pm
He was certainly wrong about Brian Wallace.
In fairness to rh09, he was also wrong about Solomon Thomas.  I point that out only to say he's not entirely a broken record of negativity.  He went optimistic on Thomas and was wrong, as were many others.

I personally have wondered if some of our posters, including rho9 are "trolls" or just so mad at the program it affected their abillity to be unbiased.  (rh09 would say there are a lot of biased sunshine pumpers).  But I've tried to read their posts more carefully.  rh09 does seem to have some balance, especially recently.  In addition to his prediction on Thomas, take a look at the thread he started on who will be the next commit for the 2015 class.  In my opinion rh09, and a few others, are truly passionate Hog fans who have invested what may be an unhealthy amount of emotion in the on-the-field success of the Razorbacks, coupled with what I think is an unrealistic expectation that our coaches should win every game and never make any mistakes.  I guarantee rho9, me, and everyone else on this board makes mistakes at our jobs as doctors, lawyers, firemen, sawmill workers, whatever.  We don't hold ourselves to a standard of perfection and shouldn't hold othes to that standard either. 

I think the standard we can demand of our coaches is that they run a "clean" program, give their absolute best effort, and be skilled enough at their jobs to maximize the hands they have been dealt, whatever that is.

razorbackchamps94

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgwash on February 07, 2014, 12:57:38 pm
In fairness to rh09, he was also wrong about Solomon Thomas.  I point that out only to say he's not entirely a broken record of negativity.  He went optimistic on Thomas and was wrong, as were many others.

I personally have wondered if some of our posters, including rho9 are "trolls" or just so mad at the program it affected their abillity to be unbiased.  (rh09 would say there are a lot of biased sunshine pumpers).  But I've tried to read their posts more carefully.  rh09 does seem to have some balance, especially recently.  In addition to his prediction on Thomas, take a look at the thread he started on who will be the next commit for the 2015 class.  In my opinion rh09, and a few others, are truly passionate Hog fans who have invested what may be an unhealthy amount of emotion in the on-the-field success of the Razorbacks, coupled with what I think is an unrealistic expectation that our coaches should win every game and never make any mistakes.  I guarantee rho9, me, and everyone else on this board makes mistakes at our jobs as doctors, lawyers, firemen, sawmill workers, whatever.  We don't hold ourselves to a standard of perfection and shouldn't hold othes to that standard either. 

I think the standard we can demand of our coaches is that they run a "clean" program, give their absolute best effort, and be skilled enough at their jobs to maximize the hands they have been dealt, whatever that is.

Well said.

redeye

Quote from: colbs on February 07, 2014, 12:24:15 pm

That's some of it.

This thread was started to discuss a 2015 recruit.  As with most recruits we discuss, he'll likely sign somewhere else.  We all know that and don't really need RH09 chiming in to assert his negative opinion with unwavering conviction.

I also think we have several trolls on Hogville.  RH09 may not be a troll, but it's just annoying listening to him pretend to know that we have no chance on every recruit, when sometimes we do.  There are too many uncertainties to know the end result with recruiting.

RH09 is certainly not a sunshine pumper and neither am I.  But he's the antithesis of a sunshine pumper and that's just as bad.  Some of our fans seem to forget that this is an Arkansas message board and it should exude positivity for Arkansas, just as you find on other fan boards for their school.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Razorhawg09 is Bo Mattingly

ricepig

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 03:58:58 pm
Lol

I might give you are hard time, but I'd never call you that.

SwineSalesman

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 07, 2014, 03:48:42 pm
Razorhawg09 is Bo Mattingly
Whoa I thought we weren't supposed to spew profanity lol

NLRHog92

hogfreak

We're we named in his most recent article on 247 as being a school that he is looking forward to seeing.

mmhogs17

Michigan is going to fire Hoke soon, not worried about them.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

tophawg19

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 06, 2014, 04:18:18 pm
A redneck punk? Typical Hogville knuckledragger who has never sniffed Fayetteville much less graduated from UA. You have no vested interest in anything so go root for the Boll Weevils or Muleriders.
What does graduating from the U OF A  have to do with being a true fan ? Some of the best i know don't get to go to games but they love the hogs . they simply can't afford it , but that don't mean that they don't live for the hogs
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Soonerman12

Visited OU for their first junior day the on Feb 1st. He says he's waiting till after his senior year to announce. He is in the process of setting up his official visit to OU. He and his dad enjoyed it. He's going to Alabama's junior day and taking an unofficial to Florida. He apparently wants to get away, I guess. Not a lock for tOSU at all. That's just the rundown of what he told the rivals reporter a couple days ago.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Soonerman12 on February 11, 2014, 07:41:31 am
Visited OU for their first junior day the on Feb 1st. He says he's waiting till after his senior year to announce. He is in the process of setting up his official visit to OU. He and his dad enjoyed it. He's going to Alabama's junior day and taking an unofficial to Florida. He apparently wants to get away, I guess. Not a lock for tOSU at all. That's just the rundown of what he told the rivals reporter a couple days ago.

rh09 says he is, and he knows.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

acey33

He would be a big pickup for us in the 2015 class...WPS

Huds_HawgTide

we need a hilliard type talent in a bad way
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

we need him and roqoan smith
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

PygmalionEffect

Our chance to sign Hilliard may have just gotten on a plane to Purdue.

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 12, 2014, 05:39:21 pm
Our chance to sign Hilliard may have just gotten on a plane to Purdue.
Huh?!

Edit: Posted this before I was aware of the Taver departure. I just hope we definitely hold on to the "Great Dane".

secneahog

Hilliard has made relationships with Bielema also.
Taver isn't the only one that talked to him..Cmon guys
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Fort Dweller

Quote from: secneahog on February 12, 2014, 06:14:42 pm
Hilliard has made relationships with Bielema also.
Taver isn't the only one that talked to him..Cmon guys

Not saying CBB hasn't established a relationship with Hilliard.  It helped us that Hilliard's parents really like TJ.  It's a negative to lose that.  That's all I'm saying.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Music City Hog

whosiskid

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 06, 2014, 12:37:34 pm
Common sense. Just like those two 2015 DB's from Ohio that supposedly had big interest in us then immediately committed to Michigan.

It isn't common sense but a logical fallacy: arguing from conclusions. The other two cases really don't have much in common with this. Every situation is unique and you have to look at circumstances. I'm not saying he comes to play for us, but if he doesn't it will be for his own reasons and not for those of other players. But I do think we have a shot.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

SPAL

Rh09 is a paid subscriber to 24/7. So it's true that he does have information. But his problem is that he feels such a need to be noticed that he plays the info off as if he has connections. His problems are deeper than hogville. I tend not to pay attention to him. You guys that let him rile you up do so at your own peril, not his.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: SwineSalesman on February 06, 2014, 12:18:53 pm
Talking to a client from Ohio this morning. We began talking football and he mentioned Justin Hilliard having interest in us. He said he knew the family and they thought a lot of Taver.

http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Hilliard-30932

maybe 2015 can be the year of the LB

Wonder what Hilliard thinks of Purdue.