Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Hilliard

Started by SwineSalesman, February 06, 2014, 12:18:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SwineSalesman

Talking to a client from Ohio this morning. We began talking football and he mentioned Justin Hilliard having interest in us. He said he knew the family and they thought a lot of Taver.

http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Hilliard-30932

maybe 2015 can be the year of the LB

Adam Stokes

247 shows that we were his second offer and his first visit.  Certainly can't hurt.  Getting him would be bigger than had we gotten Solomon.

The_Iceman

Maybe Taver, Shannon, and playing in the SEC will help bring him to Arkansas.

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ARtillahog

They've been on him for a while.  I also think (could be wrong) Taver's wife is friends with Hilliard's mom.

Razorhawg09

tOSU or Michigan commit by end of spring.

TexasRazorback

would love to get this kid

ARtillahog

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 06, 2014, 12:30:43 pm

What makes you say that?

secneahog

We have been on Hilliard for awhile.
Just like Roquan Smith out of Georgia. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Razorhawg09

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 06, 2014, 12:31:47 pm
What makes you say that?
Common sense. Just like those two 2015 DB's from Ohio that supposedly had big interest in us then immediately committed to Michigan.

secneahog

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 06, 2014, 12:37:34 pm
Common sense. Just like those two 2015 DB's from Ohio that supposedly had big interest in us then immediately committed to Michigan.

We've had time to build relationships with Hilliard & Roquan and they both want to visit Fayetteville. 

That's why 2015 is going to be a great class because it's Bielemas 3rd year and that gives him time to make relationships with big time recruits. 

We have a good year ...win some games.. we will get some bigtime players.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

SwineSalesman

Yea I noticed on the timeline he had spent a lot of time in columbus

secneahog

YodaHog

We already have the #4 player in OH committed.  Would be awesome to add the #1!

pigture perfect

Quote from: ARtillahog on February 06, 2014, 12:31:47 pm
What makes you say that?
Just ignore RH09. He is a troll/hater, who just wants to have fun by riling us up.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

secneahog

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 06, 2014, 12:47:07 pm
Just ignore RH09. He is a troll/hater, who just wants to have fun by riling us up.

He was certainly wrong about Brian Wallace. 

Vantage 8 dude

Well golly gee.....that's it then. Let's just give up the battle and just move on to the next 5*. No use wasting our time if we're obviously going to strike out. I'm not sure why we even try. (heavy sarcasm)

secneahog

Quote from: SwineSalesman on February 06, 2014, 12:45:35 pm
Yea I noticed on the timeline he had spent a lot of time in columbus

The time line stuff can be misleading.  Look how many times Frazier was on campus in Fayetteville. 

ARtillahog

"Overlook: For the second straight cycle, it looks as if Michigan will end up taking more linebackers in a class than they originally anticipated, particularly on the outside where all 10 of the Wolverines' current offers project (SAM/WILL).

Masina, Hilliard, Thompson and Baker are all players Michigan has a shot with, although the latter of the four looks like a clear Ohio State lean early in the process. McMillon is somewhat of a wildcard with a head coach who attended Michigan. The rest look like longshots at this point"

McMillon is a 4* LB out of Memphis, but nothing out there quoting Hilliard says he is a lean.  His twitter feed doesn't seem to "lean" to one school or another. It's always easy to pick against Arkansas getting a player just bc of the law of averages.

His top 7 according to 247 is (alphabetical order) Bama, Arkansas, Iowa, Michigan, ND, tOSU, OU.

SwineSalesman

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 12:52:10 pm
The time line stuff can be misleading.  Look how many times Frazier was on campus in Fayetteville.
true

backout60

i know he recently visited OU on feb 1st and loved it 8)

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

WBC Hog

Hopefully whoever we hire as our new DC will already know this guy and have a good relationship with him. We need a few studs at LB that can step on campus and be ready to play immediately  :razorback: :razorback:

davispard

davispard

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 06, 2014, 12:47:07 pm
Got that right.  Some might say he is just a redneck punk....

davispard

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 12:48:53 pm
He was certainly wrong about Brian Wallace. 
Of all the folks on here, he has less a clue than the entire Hogville board....

PorkRinds

Quote from: secneahog on February 06, 2014, 12:43:27 pm
We've had time to build relationships with Hilliard & Roquan and they both want to visit Fayetteville. 

That's why 2015 is going to be a great class because it's Bielemas 3rd year and that gives him time to make relationships with big time recruits. 

We have a good year ...win some games.. we will get some bigtime players.

Nope. RH09 has spoken. So it is written, so it will be. Amen.

Razorhawg09

Quote from: davispard on February 06, 2014, 04:12:57 pm
A redneck punk? Typical Hogville knuckledragger who has never sniffed Fayetteville much less graduated from UA. You have no vested interest in anything so go root for the Boll Weevils or Muleriders.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 06, 2014, 04:18:18 pm
A redneck punk? Typical Hogville knuckledragger who has never sniffed Fayetteville much less graduated from UA. You have no vested interest in anything so go root for the Boll Weevils or Muleriders.

How dare he? I'd call you a few things, but redneck isn't one of them.  ;)

Hogeration

Quote from: Break & Run on February 06, 2014, 12:28:17 pm
OMG!  This kid is a STUD linebacker.

http://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Hilliard-30932

I agree.  His video is just stupid.  He could play for us last year.  I don't have high hopes but this is the type of LB we have to get to be competitive. 

IBleedRazorbackRed

This is like the 10th post I've seen from you saying the exact same thing. We get it, you went to Fayetteville and graduated from there. Excuse me while I bow down to your superior fandom.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: davispard on February 06, 2014, 04:12:57 pm
Wait just minute there mister!! As a redneck punk I resent any (and all) comparisons to such. LOL

Dirty

Send him a letter every day!  Signed of course !

Need this stud!

davispard

U of A 1970 Grad. Have seen more games than you and your 10 best friends added together have.  But I truly suspect that you don't have 10 good friends.  Go get a real life...

The_Boot_stops_here

Hilliard was offered by USC yesterday

SwineSalesman

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 07, 2014, 08:17:18 am
Hilliard was offered by USC yesterday
He will end up being offered by every university  with a football team

Razorhawg09

Quote from: davispard on February 06, 2014, 06:54:36 pm
U of A 1970 Grad. Have seen more games than you and your 10 best friends added together have.  But I truly suspect that you don't have 10 good friends.  Go get a real life...
You are extrapolating about someone based on a message board and I'm the one who needs a real life? Sounds like you live for Hogville. Sorry that I'm the last thing you think about when you go to bed at night.

davispard

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 08:55:06 am
You are extrapolating about someone based on a message board and I'm the one who needs a real life? Sounds like you live for Hogville. Sorry that I'm the last thing you think about when you go to bed at night.
Hardly.  Count money most of the time...

ricepig

Quote from: davispard on February 07, 2014, 10:34:52 am

Pretty good hobby, enjoy it myself, when I can........

Qhog

Would common sense dictate that a guy like Ragnow would commit to Arkansas?

Razorhawg09

Quote from: davispard on February 07, 2014, 10:34:52 am
I hear Chick-fil-a has excellent benefits and they give you the tools to succeed. I doubt you've achieved success at any level.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 10:49:00 am
I hear Chick-fil-a has excellent benefits and they give you the tools to succeed. I doubt you've achieved success at any level.
Chik-Fil-A needs boneless buffalo wings.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Qhog on February 07, 2014, 10:44:50 am
Would common sense dictate that a guy like Ragnow would commit to Arkansas?

It'd prolly be a better option to ask him about someone like Brian Wallace...

Scott7703

Awesome another pissing contest. Forget the 5star recruit this thread was about and let's all argue like jr high girls.

ucahogfan

From a baseball standpoint, getting Hilliard to commit on a football scholarship is huge.  Not sure what type of baseball player he is, but he has a physical frame and puts up a nice batting average.  He wouldn't take any of the baseball scholarship allotment that DVH has much like Jameis Winston down at FSU doesn't take any baseball scholarship money away and makes the team that much better.

One thing working in favor for the baseball team is that the starting CF this year will be a freshman from Cincinnati named Andrew Benintendi who was named as a national player of the year by one publication and set a ton of records in Ohio.  Maybe they know each other.

And if Hilliard wants to play both football and baseball at the collegiate level, Arkansas is one of the best options out there.  Best combination of facilities as football just opened the new football operations center and Baum is the best college park in the country and the brand new indoor facility is just the icing on the cake.  The coaching staffs for both programs are top notch and fan support is tough to beat.

davispard

Own my own business. and probably carry more money in my front pocket than you make in a year...

davispard

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 07, 2014, 10:59:40 am
Awesome another pissing contest. Forget the 5star recruit this thread was about and let's all argue like jr high girls.
Just got tired of 09 running everything and everyone down on this Board.  I can play all day with fools like that...

SwineSalesman

redeye

I mentioned Hillard in a thread yesterday.  Won't pretend to know our chances, but I think they're good.  Can't think of anyone we need more, so he's at the top of my list.

Thanks for the info OP!

Why do you say these things?  Everyone knows that most recruits stay close to home, but that doesn't stop coaches from recruiting them and, often times, signing out of state players.  So why do you feel the need to constantly remind everyone what they already know?

Herein lies the answer.  You're obviously so desperate for respect from other Hogvillians that you pretend to know things you don't.  Then when they don't show you any respect, you pretend they're beneath you.  Classic little man syndrome.