Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New ESPN 300 class for 2015

Started by CLIFFY188, February 06, 2014, 12:11:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CLIFFY188

We have 4 on the list compared to 2014 class in which we only had 2!

jjdlc

Quote from: CLIFFY188 on February 06, 2014, 12:11:44 pm
We have 4 on the list compared to 2014 class in which we only had 2!

4 out of our 5, nice.

Adam Stokes

Just as crazy, 247 lists all five of our commits as a 4-star, though with the composite averages they are just 4.  Our commits come in on the composite at:

71   Hjalte Froholdt
111 Ty Storey
158 Jamario Bell
244 Zach Rogers
496 Colton Jackson

If any of you would like to list out who we have a good shot at as well that would be nice.

jacobp

Will Gragg is on the ESPN 300 as well. Need to land him.

OnTheHillHogFan

Zach Rogers should move up inside the top 150 IMO next year after recovering from ACL surgery this past fall.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

CLIFFY188

Perfect start to 2015, hope it turns out to be best class ever!! If BB can coach with 3 star recruits, imagine the possibility with big time recruits!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: jacobp on February 06, 2014, 12:45:24 pm
Will Gragg is on the ESPN 300 as well. Need to land him.

Would be nice to land both him and O'grady. Two good TEs are nice to have in our offense.

CLIFFY188

Hopefully these kids see what we are building here and want to b a part of the future to bring us back!!

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 06, 2014, 01:09:41 pm
Would be nice to land both him and O'grady. Two good TEs are nice to have in our offense.

I'm guessing they are holding off offering O'Grady waiting on the one in CT, and Hentges(sp)?

bobcat ball

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2014, 01:15:47 pm
I'm guessing they are holding off offering O'Grady waiting on the one in CT, and Hentges(sp)?

Why? Why not get O'Grady, Gragg and 1 other with only signing 1 this year who may or may not end up at TE when all said and done.

What is a good number IYO at a position like TE?
WOO PIG

Razorhawg09

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on February 06, 2014, 12:54:10 pm
Zach Rogers should move up inside the top 150 IMO next year after recovering from ACL surgery this past fall.
Don't think so. Centers usually aren't rated as high.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 06, 2014, 01:22:17 pm
Don't think so. Centers usually aren't rated as high.
Just depends. He is the number one center on scout BTW.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

bobcat ball

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on February 06, 2014, 01:24:43 pm
Just depends. He is the number one center on scout BTW.

Centers, FB's and Speciality guys are not rated higher for what ever reason.
WOO PIG

ricepig

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 06, 2014, 01:20:18 pm
Why? Why not get O'Grady, Gragg and 1 other with only signing 1 this year who may or may not end up at TE when all said and done.

What is a good number IYO at a position like TE?
I'm guessing because they have these other guys rated higher. I'd think we'd sign at a minimum 2, probably 3 TEs. I figure he'll get an offer soon, but they don't dish out the in-state offers as fast as out of state.

bobcat ball

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2014, 01:29:14 pm
I'm guessing because they have these other guys rated higher. I'd think we'd sign at a minimum 2, probably 3 TEs. I figure he'll get an offer soon, but they don't dish out the in-state offers as fast as out of state.

It sounds like the Henges (sp?) kid is interested. Gragg we have a good shot at IMO and I figure O'Grady we would have a good shot at as well. Not sure about the other kid.

Win more games and HH have another solid year and TE could be like RB and we are able to attract the best every year I would think.

It'd be hard for me not to want at least 2 good ones especially if they are in state.
WOO PIG

Razorhawg09

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

ricepig

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 06, 2014, 01:43:42 pm
I figured. Wonder what his interest level is?

I posted this in another thread, didn't I read that he was Larry Mark's son?

bobcat ball

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2014, 01:55:05 pm
I posted this in another thread, didn't I read that he was Larry Mark's son?

Believe that is right.
WOO PIG

ricepig

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 06, 2014, 01:56:18 pm
Believe that is right.

I'd say that wouldn't hurt, that and going to FHS.

trashcan maN

#20 player in the country, #2 WDE, 5* and #1 player out of Minnesota, Jashon Cornell, has serious interest in us. He's friends with Frank Ragnow, and retweeted him when he wrote, "I'm a Razorback." Keep an eye out on him. We're going to recruit the **** out of him.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jashon-Cornell-20904?Institution=2886

GalaHawg

Here is a list of 2015 recruits that 24/7 shows as holding an offer from UA and either warm or warmer towards the Hogs and in their top 500.

Jonathan Hawkins
Central Gwinnett (Lawrenceville, GA)
18th best RB
5-11/203

Alex Ofodile
Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO)
13th best WR
6-3/185

Jaelan Austin
South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX)
48th best WR
6-2.5/190

K.J. Hill
North Little Rock (North Little Rock, AR)
66th best WR
6-1/175

Will Gragg
Pine Bluff (Pine Bluff, AR)
4th best TE
6-4/245

Keaton Sutherland
Marcus (Flower Mound, TX)
26th best OT
6-5/257

Rob Dowdy
Westerville South (Westerville, OH)
39th best OT
6-6/280

Darrion Daniels
Bishop Dunne Catholic (Dallas, TX)
18th best DT
6-3.5/290

Daytrieon Dean
Northside (Fort Smith, AR)
27th best DT
6-3/250

Jashon Cornell
Cretin Derham Hall (Saint Paul, MN)
2nd best WDE
6-4/260

Justin Hilliard
St. Xavier (Cincinnati, OH)
3rd best OLB
6-2/225

Anthony McKee
Walnut Ridge (Columbus, OH)
14th best OLB
6-2/190

Maurice Smitherman
Minor (Adamsville, AL)
45th best CB
5-11/178

Source: http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Offers

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: GalaHawg on February 06, 2014, 03:48:32 pm
Here is a list of 2015 recruits that 24/7 shows as holding an offer from UA and either warm or warmer towards the Hogs and in their top 500.

Jonathan Hawkins
Central Gwinnett (Lawrenceville, GA)
18th best RB
5-11/203

Alex Ofodile
Rock Bridge (Columbia, MO)
13th best WR
6-3/185

Jaelan Austin
South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, TX)
48th best WR
6-2.5/190

K.J. Hill
North Little Rock (North Little Rock, AR)
66th best WR
6-1/175

Will Gragg
Pine Bluff (Pine Bluff, AR)
4th best TE
6-4/245

Keaton Sutherland
Marcus (Flower Mound, TX)
26th best OT
6-5/257

Rob Dowdy
39th best OT
6-6/280

Darrion Daniels
Bishop Dunne Catholic (Dallas, TX)
18th best DT
6-3.5/290

Daytrieon Dean
Northside (Fort Smith, AR)
27th best DT
6-3/250

Jashon Cornell
Cretin Derham Hall (Saint Paul, MN)
2nd best WDE
6-4/260

Justin Hilliard
3rd best OLB
6-2/225

Anthony McKee
14th best OLB
6-2/190

Maurice Smitherman
Minor (Adamsville, AL)
45th best CB
5-11/178

Source: http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Offers

We need those LBs
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

redeye

Can't remember why, but it seems like I remember Justin Hillard having some genuine interest.  He's already visited unofficially and I believe we were one of his first offers.

AUSTXHOG

South Grand Prairie puts out some talent.  My wife was an AT there several years ago and I hope we can get Jaelan to come to Fayetteville.

Twitter handle is @HE_GOING_PRO for those interested to follow.

870hogfan

I think next years class is going to be one of the best ever.  A reporter on Twitter said Ole Miss last year Tennessee this year and Arkansas next year?

redeye

Quote from: 870hogfan on February 06, 2014, 04:52:02 pm
I think next years class is going to be one of the best ever.  A reporter on Twitter said Ole Miss last year Tennessee this year and Arkansas next year?

I don't get the Tennessee remarks, because it's not like Tennessee never recruits well.  I think they've had #1 classes in the past.

GalaHawg

It looks like Kentucky's success in Ohio may have encouraged our staff as well...

Rob Dowdy
39th best OT
6-6/280

Justin Hilliard
3rd best OLB
6-2/225

Anthony McKee
14th best OLB
6-2/190

Razorhawg09

Quote from: GalaHawg on February 07, 2014, 08:33:32 am
It looks like Kentucky's success in Ohio may have encouraged our staff as well...

Rob Dowdy
39th best OT
6-6/280

Justin Hilliard
3rd best OLB
6-2/225

Anthony McKee
14th best OLB
6-2/190
Has absolutely nothing to do with it. Taver and Bielema are very familiar recruiting in that dump of a state.

GalaHawg

Quote from: Razorhawg09 on February 07, 2014, 08:48:40 am
Has absolutely nothing to do with it. Taver and Bielema are very familiar recruiting in that dump of a state.

I'm sure Bielema and Taver's relationships in Ohio is a big factor... or Ky's success may have also encouraged them... or receiving a commitment from Froholdt may have encouraged them more... who knows??? One thing is pretty clear though...

There is an increasing focus on Ohio... 7 total offers all of last year and there are 9 offers already for the 2015 class...

CLIFFY188

I personally do not care where we get good players as long as they are good and produce us wins!!

ldfergu

Quote from: CLIFFY188 on February 06, 2014, 01:11:42 pm
Hopefully these kids see what we are building here and want to b a part of the future to bring us back!!

Gonna have to see it on the field.  I hope we show improvement this season and get to 7 wins. CBB has to do away with the deflating fake punts too. 

We get to 7+ wins then I think we have the best recruiting class we've had in quite awhile

the_kosher_pig

Ohio has some of the best high school talent in the country. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

AugustaHog

I would love for people to complain about us coming out of nowhere to get a ridiculous class.  I don't care if they accuse us of cheating.  It just means we're doing something right if we get that reaction.

Huckleberry Pig

Definitely looks like we need to keep an eye on cornell and hilliard.  They appear to want to play together and want to take officials together as well.  Both very interested.  We have Pittman on Cornell and Hilliards family really likes Taver.  Have Shannon on Hilliard as well.

Will be very interesting to see how that situation plays out

redleg

In the last five recruiting classes, Arkansas has missed out on the #1 and/or #2 in-state recruit. This year it was Josh Frazier. 2013 it was Tenpenny. 2012 it was Zac Brooks. 2011 it was Keihl Frazier. 2010 it was Dyer.
We Hog fans might want to prepare ourselves for more heartache, because I am not convinced that Arkansas is going to get Gragg or KJ Hill or Pettway.
For some reason, the higher rated players in the state of Arkansas don't feel the need to be loyal to the Hogs. I'm not sure why this has happened, but someone needs to stop it.
You would think that some of these guys would look at what has happened to the other players that snubbed the Hogs, and might re-think their decision.
Dyer - kicked off the team at Auburn.
K. Frazier - never lived up to expectations, transferred to OBU.
Brooks - hasn't done much, is a third stringer at Clemson.
Tenpenny - Saban burned his redshirt early, now he's buried on the depth chart at Bama.
J. Frazier - time will tell.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Hoggish1

WPS!  Times they are a changin'...

Mike_e

Quote from: redleg on February 10, 2014, 12:12:32 pm
In the last five recruiting classes, Arkansas has missed out on the #1 and/or #2 in-state recruit. This year it was Josh Frazier. 2013 it was Tenpenny. 2012 it was Zac Brooks. 2011 it was Keihl Frazier. 2010 it was Dyer.
We Hog fans might want to prepare ourselves for more heartache, because I am not convinced that Arkansas is going to get Gragg or KJ Hill or Pettway.
For some reason, the higher rated players in the state of Arkansas don't feel the need to be loyal to the Hogs. I'm not sure why this has happened, but someone needs to stop it.
You would think that some of these guys would look at what has happened to the other players that snubbed the Hogs, and might re-think their decision.
Tenpenny - Saban burned his redshirt early, now he's buried on the depth chart at Bama.

So being spurned by guys that didn't(may not in Frazier's case) turn out is a problem?
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

secneahog

Cornell..bijohn...Froholdt. ..wise...

Whoa.....
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

whosiskid

Hale Hentges has major interest in Arkansas. I think he will call the Hogs and will be a consensus 4 star player. TE or DE, but we would play him at DE.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

ARtillahog

Quote from: whosiskid on February 14, 2014, 02:49:56 pm
Hale Hentges has major interest in Arkansas. I think he will call the Hogs and will be a consensus 4 star player. TE or DE, but we would play him at DE.

Are you sure?  All I've seen from RD is TE.  Obviously I could be mistaken.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: CLIFFY188 on February 06, 2014, 01:03:43 pm
Perfect start to 2015, hope it turns out to be best class ever!! If BB can coach with 3 star recruits, imagine the possibility with big time recruits!!

Oh My...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

onebadrubi

Quote from: redleg on February 10, 2014, 12:12:32 pm

By your calculations the only two that we can judge on have been program flops, kyle Frazier and dyer.  Last year we got the highest rated player I though, Jackson?  Tenpenny might have been a hog if the carousel of BP and smile been SOOO bad.  But these current high school players have seen what exactly?  BP disaster, smiles bad year, Bielema come in, so not too much to see so far. 

So why make a big deal of these top players and wait until we TRULY miss on one.  Give me 1 Korliss Marshall ever year over any name you mentioned. 

smb

Arkansas will be invaded by coaches from around the country this year. It figures that one of the best classes in years to come out of the state. It will be a tough job to keep most of this class in state you can bet that.
GeorgiaHOG