Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finalized 2014 Football Schedule

Started by WizardofhOgZ, February 06, 2014, 11:53:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 06, 2014, 12:26:58 pm
Haven't thought about that.  You couldn't come up with a worse 4.  Lubbock and Starkville in the same season.  Just think if we were in the Big 12 and how awful some of those trips are:  Ames, Lubbock, Waco...

Stillwater, Manhattan, freaking Morgantown... blehh. 

DoctorSusscrofa

I have plenty of room in my mailbox for tickets to the Ga game from those of you too embarrassed to cheer in person.  Just let me know and I'll take your tickets for my friends and family and keep you from being so embarrassed.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

redeye

That just looks brutal.

It's weird not seeing South Carolina anywhere.

Also wish we were playing Georgia in Fayetteville, even though I'm not against games in LR.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I love when people bash other college towns.  You think they look at their schedule and say "Yay we are playing in Little Rock!"  "Hey honey let's try some of that crack while we are there"  "Do you think we will see a drive by?"

They all have their charms and their drawbacks.  Starkville is small but the people thetr are as nice or nicer than anywhere else in the SEC.  If you are staying there after a game you will find just as many good food choices there as you would on Dickson St, bars with good crowds live music and dancing, and still it's fair share of pretty southern girls and you will most likely have better luck with them than in Fayetteville, they are nicer, and they want to get the hell out of Mississippi.  They may have 10 to 20 lbs on the NWA girls but it's all good.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 06, 2014, 03:58:01 pm
Actually playing GA in LR makes perfect sense.  UGA will be a much tougher opponent than Ole Miss.  Long and Bielema know just like most fans in lower Arkansas that WMS is a magical place and gives the UofA a distinct schematical advantage over it's opponents.  It's good for atleast 7 to 10 pts.  It's good for recruiting as well.  Georgia produces an abundance of D1 talent.  A lot of eyes in Georgia will be watching the game so might as well feature our showplace instead of that monstrosity on the Hill 

Didn't we lose to ULM at war memorial?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: superior_wang on February 06, 2014, 01:08:13 pm
14-0 is possible as well. just not likely.

ah, reminds me of ol HDN , thrilled to the gills,  expounding the fact his team was "bowl eligible". good grief.

Quote from: superior_wang on February 06, 2014, 01:39:38 pm
what could be embarrassing is losing to an overrated coach like Mark Richt.

So, making a bowl next year isn't good enough for you now?  Also, I now see that losing to Georgia is an embarrassment.  It seems that you're already moving the goal post for next year to avoid not having anything to bitch about.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PaGrape on February 06, 2014, 05:20:56 pm
Didn't we lose to ULM at war memorial?

Not that I recall.  I don't think the Razorbacks have lost a game at WMS in the last 127 years.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wild Bill Hog

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 06, 2014, 04:40:11 pm
I love when people bash other college towns.  You think they look at their schedule and say "Yay we are playing in Little Rock!"  "Hey honey let's try some of that crack while we are there"  "Do you think we will see a drive by?"

They all have their charms and their drawbacks.  Starkville is small but the people thetr are as nice or nicer than anywhere else in the SEC.  If you are staying there after a game you will find just as many good food choices there as you would on Dickson St, bars with good crowds live music and dancing, and still it's fair share of pretty southern girls and you will most likely have better luck with them than in Fayetteville, they are nicer, and they want to get the hell out of Mississippi.  They may have 10 to 20 lbs on the NWA girls but it's all good.
I've had classes at MSU.  Being from Southern Arkansas it was nice.  Not crowded, no crime, and the girls we met at Cotton District (laid back place) actually wanted us to watch their purses while they went to the bathroom.  We had known them long enough for them to finish their drinks. 

Starkville is a nice town.  Not much of a night life but good living. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on February 06, 2014, 12:51:22 pm
We get Alabama the 2nd of a 2-week road stretch for them.

They actually have a somewhat hard schedule, at least for them.  Surprised the SEC only gave them 1 home game during a 5 game stretch (bye before LSU game though).

Aug. 30   West Virginia   Atlanta, Georgia
Sept. 6   Florida Atlantic   Bryant-Denny Stadium
Sept. 13   Southern Miss   Bryant-Denny Stadium
Sept. 20   *Florida   Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 4   *at Ole Miss   Oxford, Mississippi
Oct. 11   *at Arkansas   Fayetteville, Arkansas
Oct. 18   *Texas A&M   Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 25   *at Tennessee   Knoxville, Tennessee
Nov. 8   *at LSU   Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Nov. 15   *Mississippi State   Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 22   Western Carolina   Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 29   *Auburn   Bryant-Denny Stadium

Fairly tough schedule.  I'm not a fan of playing OOC game so late in the year.  I understand UF plays FSU the last game every year like clemson/SC and UGA/GT but they should not be playing patsies in November.  UF seems to do this every year. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rhames on February 06, 2014, 03:05:36 pm

Like your boy bobby did in his second year?

What did he do in his 3rd year?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?