Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, whats the short list?

Started by ldfergu, February 05, 2014, 10:07:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ldfergu

Apparently the hire will be made within a week.  Coach Shannon has been moved to AHC and I'm guessing will keep his duties as coaching LB's.  Most think he's getting this title so he can take off after next season.  Seems plausible.

It's hard to really have much of an educated guess here but who are the top guys to land the DC spot?

Robb Smith- People who don't know his resume are confused by him and don't like him but I think he'd be a good hire

Barry Odom- Lots of talk about him early on but has died down of late.  Really turned around a bad defense at Memphis. Nothin to scoff at.  Most appear to like him

Outside of those two who else is B looking at?

I know he doesn't want a guy who will leave after two seasons but we need someone with some fire on the sidelines and can recruit his butt off. 

Who else is getting looked at?

Sooie71923

Whoever CBB sees that can best run HIS defense.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Sooie71923 on February 05, 2014, 10:10:04 pm
Whoever CBB sees that can best run HIS defense.
Now you are just regurgitating the thoughts of others, but it is HIS team.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BorderPatrol

weresoclose

ChauvinistPig

What about that Butch Davis fella? Anybody consider him? I heard he wants to be a DC.  ;D

PorkRinds

Butch Davis is evidently the only acceptable candidate at this point. Not even the reanimated corpse of Bear Bryant will do.

bobcat ball

Would love Butch.

Could him, RS, And BB coexist and make us better?
WOO PIG

Hawg Life

Maybe, Shannon doesn't want to work with Butch..

Scott7703

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 05, 2014, 10:36:33 pm
Maybe, Shannon doesn't want to work with Butch..

That's almost as believable as him not wanting the DC job.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2014, 10:35:06 pm
Butch Davis is evidently the only acceptable candidate at this point. Not even the reanimated corpse of Bear Bryant will do.
Understandable bc Bear Bryant would look outdated in his clothes.  He doesn't like Under Armour

Hawg Life

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 05, 2014, 10:37:28 pm
That's almost as believable as him not wanting the DC job.

Both are plausible.. RS is going to make DC Money as AHC.. This gives RS more time to recruit.. As you know AHC is above DC. DC's rarely recruit.

Hawghiggs

I don't think Shannon is looking for a different job. I think we will see him as the recruiting arm of this staff. Along with Pittman. Now getting back to the DC. I like the guy from Memphis. We need someone who can recruit the state of Missouri. To much talent headed to Nebraska from there.

ChauvinistPig

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 05, 2014, 10:40:16 pm
Both are plausible.. RS is going to make DC Money as AHC.. This gives RS more time to recruit.. As you know AHC is above DC. DC's rarely recruit.

That's good. I never understood why a DC would not recruit. Apparently coach BB is a recruiting fool and is the head coach. Ash just didn't seem to have the personality to recruit...pretty sure he had the time since the OC does

ldfergu

Maybe Butch wants to move back to Arkansas and would be perfectly content with a DC job. He is 62 so he may not be thinking much about HC jobs

Murr

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 05, 2014, 10:35:06 pm

Now that we play in a divison with Alabama and A&M, I could only imagine the hell that would be raised from those fan bases when the hogs role into town with zombie Bear Bryant patrolling the sidelines with a bright red hogs sweatervest and a plaid houndstooth hat on.

Porkatarian

I keep hearing Robb Smith.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Dr. Starcs

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Porkatarian

Quote from: PaGrape on February 06, 2014, 07:53:41 am
Could both be hired? CoDCs.

Shannon has received a promotion and a raise.  The mystery is solved.  Robb Smith is our new DC.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Tim Harris

Both are plausible.. RS is going to make DC Money as AHC.. This gives RS more time to recruit.. As you know AHC is above DC. OUR DC's rarely recruit.

Fixed it for you.  There are plenty of DCs who recruit well.  We just haven't had one in a long time.

870hogfan

Quote from: Porkatarian on February 06, 2014, 08:14:21 am
Shannon has received a promotion and a raise.  The mystery is solved.  Robb Smith is our new DC.

Porkatarian out...

When are they going to announce it?

Scott7703

Shannon wanted the job. You don't think Kirby smart recruits? You have to be kidding me. Because our last couple DC's couldn't recruit doesn't mean they don't.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 06, 2014, 08:51:28 am
Shannon wanted the job. You don't think Kirby smart recruits? You have to be kidding me. Because our last couple DC's couldn't recruit doesn't mean they don't.
Nothing to show that is true though.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Scott7703

Quote from: BeoPig™ on February 06, 2014, 12:05:38 pm
Nothing to show that is true though.

Some won't believe unless randy himself steps up to the mic and says I wanted the DC job and didn't get it. Since that won't ever happen believe what you will.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Scott7703 on February 06, 2014, 01:05:59 pm
Some won't believe unless randy himself steps up to the mic and says I wanted the DC job and didn't get it. Since that won't ever happen believe what you will.
I certainly will not believe it just because it is posted on here.  I have been around far to long to fall for Hogville truths

acey33

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 05, 2014, 10:39:40 pm
Understandable bc Bear Bryant would look outdated in his clothes.  He doesn't like Under Armour

Quote from: weresoclose on February 05, 2014, 10:29:54 pm
Butch Davis

Quote from: ChauvinistPig on February 05, 2014, 10:31:04 pm
What about that Butch Davis fella? Anybody consider him? I heard he wants to be a DC.  ;D

I see on here that Butch Davis wants the job...Get it done CBB