Started by PorkRinds, February 05, 2014, 08:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

It's all over the place.

Another disappointment.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hvsupastar

I'll put faith in this being a good news as CBB knows what he is doing. But I sure was hoping for a bigger name.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2014, 02:56:21 pm
It's all over the place.

Another disappointment.

What's your other disappointment? Probably someone else who hasn't coached in a game here to prove if he's a disappointment or not.

THE DirecTV Man

His numbers in his last year at Rutgers looked really good.

rhames

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 08, 2014, 03:02:36 pm
What's your other disappointment? Probably someone else who hasn't coached in a game here to prove if he's a disappointment or not.

I'm sure you haven't either nor most of hogville

I guess we should never express our opinion on anything.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

The_Bionic_Pig

You do realize Randy Shannon interviewed Robb Smith for the DC job....and gave the go ahead.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Kyle

No reason to doubt the decision. This hire, as well as the direction CBB wants to go with blitzes, and the expected aggressive attack from the d-line is shaping up to be a real interesting d. I expect recruiting will benefit from all these guys being on staff as well.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2014, 02:56:21 pm
It's all over the place.

Another disappointment.

He's referencing his post on how disappointed he was in who we signed in the 2014 class (Recruiting Forum) just check Wildhog post history
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Wildhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 08, 2014, 03:22:02 pm
He's referencing his post on how disappointed he was in who we signed in the 2014 class (Recruiting Forum) just check Wildhog post history

Check my post history?  I'm mostly positive.  The "other disappointment" was the Segrest hire.  I'm fine with our 2014 class.

I can't help being objective.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawg Life

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 08, 2014, 03:14:38 pm
You do realize Randy Shannon interviewed Robb Smith for the DC job....and gave the go ahead.

He also interviewed Zook and Odom.. And passed..

Seebs

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2014, 03:24:43 pm
Check my post history?  I'm mostly positive.  The "other disappointment" was the Segrest hire.  I'm fine with our 2014 class.

I can't help being objective.

Opinionated is not Objective. Knowing all of the facts and making a determination is objective. Or am I being obtuse?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Quote from: Seebs on February 08, 2014, 03:34:23 pm
Opinionated is not Objective. Knowing all of the facts and making a determination is objective. Or am I being obtuse?

Considering I've done a ton of research on the guy, I'd say I'm being objective.

I will say, he looks like a very good coach.  I just don't think he's a very good fit, especially considering his (lack of) strong recruiting ties.

We lost one of our best recruiters in CCP.  I know DC's don't do a ton of recruiting usually, but we need someone that at least has some strong ties that we can use to our advantage.

That said, Kirby Smart does a ton of recruiting for Bama, so I'm not a huge fan of the "DC's don't recruit" argument.  Usually, it's actually, "DC's don't LIKE to recruit."
1909/1964/1965/1977

Kyle

Quote from: Wildhog on February 08, 2014, 03:35:19 pm
I know DC's don't do a ton of recruiting usually, but we need someone that at least has some strong ties that we can use to our advantage.

Sounds like your talking about Randy Shannon. It's tough to predict impacts on recruiting at first glance, but based on the recruits impressions on Segrest, I'm willing to bet that this wasn't as bad of a decision as most think.

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Robb Smith has a good reputation as a special teams coach, let's hope that translates to a punt return game worth a damn.

acey33

From what i've read on here RS wants to be a HC so CBB makes him Asst HC and hopefully here's here a couple more yrs to help with recruiting before he leaves to be HC somewhere...JMHO and GO HOGS

Please win some Conf. games this year

reddogjcss

He has a good resume! Let's see what that means on the field.

lc480

Heck, Saban did not start out as a head coach , and no one knew how good he would be. What if he  never been hired at a big school because the fans did not think he was a fit?
Lets give the new guy a chance and see what he can do.

WayneHawg

I dont care who it is as long as they do a good job,seems as tho the last one was sorta a big name and was very passive to me !