Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck should go when Nutt goes

Started by mrp, April 17, 2006, 08:53:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mrp

He has become such a hugger in the past 4 yrs he needs to go with Nutt at the end of this season.  Its too bad, he used to be funny and he was even a little critical when called for.  You can sure tell that the foundation signs his checks now though.  I remember how funny Chuck used to be on the Gong Show.  He's lost his edge.  Maybe he's too old.  Who knows?  But I know it is time.

Lets clean house and completely start over and Nutt can take this Jack Buck wannabe with him when he leaves. 8)

hogfan@heart

He wants Paul's job after this year so he is brown nosing everyone on the hill.

HoggusMaximus

he has a good voice for football games i think, who else could we use in his place? you cant really beat paul, but i guess chucks gonna be next in line.

Arazorbackguy1

He does an excellent job for Baseball and you can sure tell he is passionate about it.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

JIHawg

The problem is he has alienated a lot of listners on his show by being rude to them.  I don't think you want a play-by-play man that lots of people dislike.

hogfan@heart

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on April 17, 2006, 09:09:41 pm
you cant really beat Paul

I have a great respect for Paul b/c he is the only voice of the razorbacks that I have ever known, but in recent years he seems to be so far behind the speed of the game. I get chills when I hear Paul's "touchdown Arkansas. Oh my!!" but come on, I knew there was a touchdown 3 seconds ago based on the crowd noise.

pseudorabies

If I had to put money on it, I would bet that even Chuck knows deep down that Nutt should have been fired last year.

stronguard

I listen to his show because I'm entertained by DD and CH, and I can't get enough of Captain Kangaroo...ERRRRR ...Otis talking about what a great kid this guy is and how much he loves the program.  I really hope Chuck is not the next voice of the Hogs.  He is a loathsome, offensive brute, and I COULD look away.  Anyway, I thought Craig O'Neal had the inside edge for Paul's job?
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

pseudorabies

Quote from: stronguard on April 17, 2006, 09:45:28 pm
I listen to his show because I'm entertained by DD and CH, and I can't get enough of Captain Kangaroo...ERRRRR ...Otis talking about what a great kid this guy is and how much he loves the program.  I really hope Chuck is not the next voice of the Hogs.  He is a loathsome, offensive brute, and I COULD look away.  Anyway, I thought Craig O'Neal had the inside edge for Paul's job?

Mike Nail most likely.

Shizzle

I wonder if he gets Paul's job and the Hogs start getting blew out he will just cut the broadcast off like he does a caller he don't agree with? Or if a ref makes a bad call he will be quiet for like 2 minutes in protest lol
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

LILROCK-N-Nole

I really wonder whats worse CRYTIME OR SPORTSCRAP !!!!! We need somebody who's in your face...Someone who's not scared of gramps on the hill ..... MMMMMMMMM I love RED KOOL-AID

Pig Pumper

Chuck has a good radio voice and I wouldn't mind hearing him doing pbp for football.

But Paul has earned the right to stay as long as he wants.  He is a great Razorback and the only man I have ever heard call the games.

jkstock04

I think Chuck does a pretty good job on the baseball games...but, to me nobody can replace Paul...those would be some big shoes to fill.  Chuck has turned into a big time hugger...he didn't used to be that way.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

excoach

chiefsfan

Quote from: stronguard on April 17, 2006, 09:45:28 pm

Do you honestly think with the money Channel 7 is giving UA, that they would hire the sportsdirector for their biggest rival to take over for Paul
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

codeHog

Dadgum, I have more fun than any Hog fan I reckon'.

I get to love my Hogs and at the same time, be entertained by all the internet 'fans' that are so unhappy that they bitch about something everyday.  :)

If we start winning in football, some will bitch about which way the wind is blowing of how high the clouds are :)

Please, keep findy things that make you unhappy and put them on here. I may cancel my cable TV and just watch the 'soaps' on ALL Razorback boards  ;)

nwarazfan

I thought Steve Sullivan was in line for Paul's job.

Chuck is on the UA payroll so he has to protect the company.  Black Sheep Henry, Booger Dawson, and Grit also rely on being "in good" with the powers on the hill to earn a living.  It just wouldn't be so intolerable if they weren't so condescending and rude especially when it comes to their defending that idiot Nutt.  Grit will blame a player in a heartbeat instead of blaming Nutt for the team's failures.  What a lowlife.

lechon

Quote from: mrp on April 17, 2006, 08:53:00 pm
He has become such a hugger in the past 4 yrs he needs to go with Nutt at the end of this season.  Its too bad, he used to be funny and he was even a little critical when called for.  You can sure tell that the foundation signs his checks now though.  I remember how funny Chuck used to be on the Gong Show.  He's lost his edge.  Maybe he's too old.  Who knows?  But I know it is time.

Lets clean house and completely start over and Nutt can take this Jack Buck wannabe with him when he leaves. 8)

I agree. I cannot understand why he sucks up to Nutt.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Richard_white

Quote from: razor9 on April 18, 2006, 01:02:36 am

I agree. I cannot understand why he sucks up to Nutt.

The Nutt juice is why

Stay away from the juice.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: codeHog on April 17, 2006, 10:55:05 pm
Dadgum, I have more fun than any Hog fan I reckon'.

I get to love my Hogs and at the same time, be entertained by all the internet 'fans' that are so unhappy that they bitch about something everyday.  :)

If we start winning in football, some will bitch about which way the wind is blowing of how high the clouds are :)

Please, keep findy things that make you unhappy and put them on here. I may cancel my cable TV and just watch the 'soaps' on ALL Razorback boards  ;)

So I guess you are just so happy about back to back losing seasons.  Yeah that makes since.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Lando Calrissian

Hate to say it, but codehog does have a point.

It has nothing to do with being "happy with back to back losing seasons" either.

It has everything to do with saying that there will be a sect of "fans" that will b*tch regardless of the outcome of the upcoming season.

Damn, this stuff gives me a f*cking headache.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogFansReunited

I don't bitch about stupid stuff.  It just pisses me off that Nutt has done so many bad things and is still coaching here.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: FireNutt on April 18, 2006, 01:34:36 am
I don't bitch about stupid stuff.  It just pisses me off that Nutt has done so many bad things and is still coaching here.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

But what codehog said *is* true, and you automatically assumed that he is totally content with the outcome recent seasons.

How about you address some of the things he actually brought up.

Will you still complain if they are successful this upcoming season?

Seriously, you don't have to love the coach to love the team.  That's the only point the guy is making.

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Red/White game either, but some of you are acting like HDN raped your childhood.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogFansReunited

I always have and always will support the team.  Nutt on the other hand, I did support him.  He has ruined my support of him through horrible planning, play calling, and management.  If he some how turns things around it will take a long time to gain my trust back.

Look at it this way.  Say you meet someone and you get along great.  You trust this person, but then after a while this person starts to steal.  That person would lose your trust and it would take them a very long time to gain it back.  This is how I feel about Nutt.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

I do however agree that no matter what some people will bitch about something.  Most of us here are not like that but their are a few.

Member #3568

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: FireNutt on April 18, 2006, 01:49:41 am
I always have and always will support the team.  Nutt on the other hand, I did support him.  He has ruined my support of him through horrible planning, play calling, and management.  If he some how turns things around it will take a long time to gain my trust back.

Look at it this way.  Say you meet someone and you get along great.  You trust this person, but then after a while this person starts to steal.  That person would lose your trust and it would take them a very long time to gain it back.  This is how I feel about Nutt.

I agree with pretty much all of that.

I guess my ultimate point is:  Do NOT misconstrue excitement for the upcoming season with support for Nutt as the head coach.

That is the biggest problem I've seen so far.  A guy can't say he's excited without being shot down.  The evidence is this thread.  Just because a guy says he's looking forward to the season doesn't mean he's "ok with back to back losing seasons."

HogFansReunited

But if you look into some of his other post you would know that he is a Nutt hugger.  He is spouting sunshine out his ass.

I don't see how people can still support a coach that has done as bad as Nutt.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

April 18, 2006, 02:06:03 am #27 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:09:34 am by FireNutt
Here is a great example of that.

Quote from: codeHog on April 16, 2006, 11:25:43 am
I hope he stays and wins just to bug the fans that spend all their Hog time hating him instead of trying to see where we are headed. If he screws it up this year, I will lead the march to burn down his house and tar and feather him.

If he wins, I will say that he asked for two years, got it, then hired his best staff, HE recruited well and HE will win with that combo.

Time will tell but all the summer long boo hoos will not change anything but will give me some entertainment, watching the side show called NUTT BASHING :)

I am sick of waiting to see where we are headed.  Nutt has had enough time to turn this program around.  This is just another way of saying wait till next year.

And now I am off to bed.  If you want to discuss this more PM me and I will email you tomorrow.

Member #3568

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: FireNuttI am sick of waiting to see where we are headed.

Me too, honestly.

But we won't know until we see them play a real team (in this case, USC).

As far as I'm concerned though, there is one stark difference between this year and last year:  There now seems to be a concerted effort to get all of the playmakers on the field at the same time.

It makes perfect sense.

Even with the QB situation unresolved, there is much more reason to be optimistic about this upcoming season.

The notion that McFadden was even considered a possibility at safety still burns a lot of us, and the fact that neither F. Jones nor McFadden got a shot against Vanderbilt (they would've laughed their way past those guys) is still hard to stomach: 

BUT

The notion that someone who thinks that the Razorbacks might actually put a competent team on the field does NOT mean that the same someone thinks HDN is God Almighty.

I honestly thought they were going to win 3 games last season.

I don't know how many they'll win this year.  I don't expect them to beat USC (Cali), but I expect us to give them a battle.

Basically, I just rambled on too much to make one point:  Just because one shows signs of being positive in any way does NOT make them a Nutt-hugger. 

The door does swing both ways.  Some will support HDN at all costs.  Those people need to realize that HDN needs to produce THIS YEAR. 

Period.

LA HAWG

Quote from: LILROCK-N-Nole on April 17, 2006, 10:37:18 pm
I really wonder whats worse CRYTIME OR SPORTSCRAP !!!!! We need somebody who's in your face...Someone who's not scared of gramps on the hill ..... MMMMMMMMM I love RED KOOL-AID

Nothing is worse than Drivetime Sports. 

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 17, 2006, 09:15:00 pm
He does an excellent job for Baseball and you can sure tell he is passionate about it.

My dad told me the other day that if he can listen to a PBP guy like Chuck calling a baseball game on radio, he prefers that to watching it on t.v.

pork and mindy

Chuck is a great PBP man for baseball, and I wouldn't be suprised if he was just as good for FB.

Arkapigdiesel

April 18, 2006, 08:25:35 am #32 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 08:51:56 am by PBD
I bet if you talk to Chuck off air that his views of Nutt are different than what you hear over the air waves.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hogtusk

I think Chuck is a terrific Play by Play guy, I'm not sure how he would do in football but it would have to be better than Paul.
I didn't think Paul was very good in his prime, but now he is terrible.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

EastexHawg

Bud Campbell was the best voice of the (football) Razorbacks I ever heard. 

Chuck has reached the point of being intellectually dishonest in order to defend Nutt.  I don't know if he actually believes the crap he spews to cover for Nutt, or if he just keeps arguing so he doesn't have to admit he has been wrong all along.

I bet when Nutt is finally run out of town on a rail all the current HDN lap dogs in the media will start running him down.

Piggiebacker

Barrett pimps used cars on the radio. He has an agenda here. HDN will join him in the near future on the ads for used cars. HDN can move the whole inventory on the lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald Miller

April 18, 2006, 10:47:01 am #36 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:53:24 am by Donald Miller
Quote from: PBD on April 18, 2006, 08:25:35 am
I bet if you talk to Chuck off air that his views of Nutt are different than what you hear over the air waves.

I don't know about that.  He is beligerant and completely rude and discourteous to those that call into the show.  I doubt he'd take that stance if he weren't getting defensive of his posture and position. I saw him in action outside of his radio show and when he was confronted about his Nutt position he by no means liked it.

He's intolerable. I don't listen to him at all because there's one point of view talked about; his and his only. 

codeHog

1. I realize that ALL coaches catch hell, so I allow that none are perfect. The top coaches in the world are in the NFL and they get fired all the time.

2. I care as much about Hog football as anyone. I want a coach to win or else. If I think they are doing less than the best, I want them replaced. I wanted Broyles to fire every coach he has fired. If Nutt looks bad this year, goodbye.

3. Nutt has made many mistakes, just as all SEC coaches have, but he has asked for two years to 'recover' from the NCAA and other things. I allowed him excuses because the SEC is a tough confrence and then you add in Texas and USC,,,rough.

4. I understand the passion of being sick that Nutt has made mistakes that cost us games. However, I do not understand spending all these months harping about a coach that will be there no matter what you say. I am not thinking about Nutt but spend my time thinking of McFadden, Mustain, Gus and such.

5. Also, I know of many things Nutt has done good for Arkansas, so I will give him this year and hope he wins for the Hogs sake.

6. And I know all about the warts on Broyles, Otis, Chuck and all people in Fayetteville but I know I am not perfect so I try not judge them as harsh as I want to sometimes.

arkbadger

Chuck is a great baseball play by play man, especially considering who he has working by his side.
You can keep that skoal baby.

arkbadger

Quote from: Piggiebacker on April 18, 2006, 09:55:32 am
Barrett pimps used cars on the radio. He has an agenda here. HDN will join him in the near future on the ads for used cars. HDN can move the whole inventory on the lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget about the booze as well.  "Right on the corner, right on the price."  Oh wait, that's the most expensive liqour store in town.  He is a liar!!!!!!!
You can keep that skoal baby.

excoach

Didn't know Chuck was on the UA Payroll. Under what title is he being paid?

FTS

Why don't you just turn the dail??

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on April 18, 2006, 09:06:50 am
Bud Campbell was the best voice of the (football) Razorbacks I ever heard. 

Finally, I was beginning to think I was the only one on here old enough to remember Bud Campbell.  There was a pro's pro that loved the Razorbacks. 

Paul will be hard to replace.  I hope he decides to stay one more year. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

mikeirwin

April 18, 2006, 05:24:32 pm #43 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:03:24 pm by mikeirwin
Chuck is a good guy. Some of you act like you don't know how the world works. Of course he can't come on the air and rip the athletic department. Nolan did that and got fired. You think they'd hesitate to replace Chuck on baseball if they got mad at him ? Also even though the network that airs Chuck's show is not a part of the athletic department, if Frank said the word they'd probably put somebody else on that show too.
Good grief, it's the guy's career. You expect him to go, OKAY I'VE GOT TO BE TRUE TO MYSELF. I'LL QUIT AND BAG GROCERIES RATHER THAN LET THEM INFLUENCE WHAT I SAY ON THE SHOW.
You guys are talking about what a great job Paul Eels does. You think he rips HDN or Frank ?
I'm very lucky. I work for people who support my right to say exactly what I think. They have no ties to the athletic department. But if they did I doubt I'd give up my job and park cars just so I could tell it like it is with regard to Nutt and the Hogs.
Usually the only way we can avoid having somebody put the squeeze on us is to be retired or have more money than we need.

PigInaBlanket

I have heard talk of Steve Sullivan possibly taking over for Paul when he leaves.  They are already grooming him to replace him at channel 7.  I don't think he has the best voice, but I cringe whenever I hear Chuck Barrett speak.  As long as it is not Randy Drainwater, though, I'm happy.

wacohog

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 18, 2006, 05:24:32 pm
Chuck is a good guy. Some of you act like you don't know how the world works. Of course he can't come on the air and rip the athletic department. Nolan did that and got fired. You think they'd hesitate to replace Chuck on baseball if they got mad at him ? Also even though the network that airs Check show is not a part of the athletic department, if Frank said the word they'd probably put somebody else on that show too.
Good grief, it's the guy's career. You expect him to go, OKAY I'VE GOT TO BE TRUE TO MYSELF. I'LL QUIT AND BAG GROCERIES RATHER THAN LET THEM INFLUENCE WHAT I SAY ON THE SHOW.
You guys are talking about what a great job Paul Eels does. You think he rips HDN or Frank ?
I'm very lucky. I work for people who support my right to say exactly what I think. They have no ties to the athletic department. But if they did I doubt I'd give up my job and park cars just so I could tell it like it is with regard to Nutt and the Hogs.
Usually the only way we can have avoid having somebody put the squeeze on us is to be retired or have more money than we need.

this post should be repeated every time these types of threads get fired up. As far as I'm concerned, I'll chose to eat and support my family over most other choices. We've all done it; I'm sure of it.

panichog

Thank you Mike.  I don't go into my work and rip on people that help me, provide for me, give me props.etc.  I'm in the business of client service, just like alot of you and if someone gives me business, I don't get on some forum where a ton of people can hear what I am saying like Chuck does and bash my client.  "Hey, thanks for the half million dollar contract but I want everyone to know I think you are an idiot."  Really, is that the way it works?  That's his job and he loves the hogs and that's what matters.  I like Chuck, I know him off the air, in his element and he is nothing short of a true hog fan with great energy.  I've listened to him critque all the programs just like the rest of us.  He wants what is best but why does he have to knock the program all over the air waves to be respected?  Colin Cowterd, Jim Rome those guys who don't have ties to any program can say whatever they want but you don't hear Colin bashing ESPN and how crappy the execs are or how the business is run, do you?  Jim Rome probably doesn't think who ever airs him on TV blows does he?  And if they do, they sure don't come out in public and say it. 
Panic