Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr Associate HC - Randy Shannon

Started by Tim Harris, February 05, 2014, 02:58:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsonswitch

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 05, 2014, 03:11:08 pm
This is getting kind of ridiculous.  How long has it been since we had a DC?

Since Joe Kines?

Oliver

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 05, 2014, 05:46:24 pm
I'm not on the coaching staff, but it probably had something to do with the same reason every other school backed off on him. There's probably a reason he signed with Louisville. The fact that he's barely 200 lbs might be part of it. Idk their reasoning. But I don know Shannon is one of the best linebacker coaches in the country, so if he doesn't want to pursue someone I'll trust him.

Charlie Strong isn't chopped liver either.  And he was good enough for Charlie Strong before Strong bolted for Tejas.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 05:48:35 pm
Charlie Strong isn't chopped liver either.  And he was good enough for Charlie Strong before Strong bolted for Tejas.

Not good enough for Strong at Texas though?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 05, 2014, 05:54:25 pm

Bingo.

Besides, Louisville managed to finish 12th out of 14 in ACC recruiting. That after a 12-1 season...

RedyorNot

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 05, 2014, 03:09:56 pm
what title is that?  Seriously what does it mean.  Are there any other examples in the SEC? 

Pretty much the way Nick runs it at Bama. Keep your stud coaches with more pay, more time to recruit if you're not a coordinator...I like

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgfan80

Lots of schools have an associate head coach, just do a google search. Also, I think they know who DC is, just waiting to name him. Don't know why.

redeye

I don't think it's a bad deal for Shannon, but not sure if it's the right choice for Arkansas.  I'm really curious what Bielema is thinking here, but I won't pretend to know enough to judge him.

Arkfan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 05, 2014, 03:04:45 pm
Makes sense in so many ways.  Sounds well thought out by Bielema and Shannon. 

How about giving us one or two examples of how its well thought out and makes sense?

braxhog

Quote from: Arkfan on February 06, 2014, 09:32:46 am
How about giving us one or two examples of how its well thought out and makes sense?

This is easy. He gets a raise. Will probably make more than the actual DC. He gets a new title. Gets to continue to recruit (which a DC does, but not as much as a position coach). and has job security if the defense is horrible again.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 05:48:35 pm
Pretty certain Strong backed off him because they were filling up and the Petrino regime rekindled the relationship with him. If you remember, he had Mizzou and Arkansas as his final two before Petrino started recruiting him again.

wildcat101

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 05, 2014, 02:58:26 pm
Bielema just mentioned this will be his new title.

Jerry jones is that you?

Oliver

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 05, 2014, 05:54:25 pm

Uh, are we Texas?  Last time I checked we didn't have 5 star and 4 star prospects barging down our doors.  We couldn't even sign a full class.  Texas will never have that problem.

Oliver

Quote from: kj0N on February 06, 2014, 09:49:19 am
Pretty certain Strong backed off him because they were filling up and the Petrino regime rekindled the relationship with him. If you remember, he had Mizzou and Arkansas as his final two before Petrino started recruiting him again.

Rhaheed was a Louisville commit when Strong left.  Then he reopened his recruitment.  Rhaheed would be a decent recruit for us but an also ran at a school like Texas where they can name their linebacker recruits