Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith new DC??

Started by Mr. Porkleone, February 05, 2014, 01:18:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

February 05, 2014, 01:18:38 pm Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:39:54 pm by opineonswine
http://5newsonline.com/2014/02/05/source-arkansas-finds-new-defensive-coordinator/

Move if need. Internet was down and was in load mode.

CallThemHawgs!

LZH

Now let's see how many wanna keep gushing over this coaching staff.....

ricepig

Well, that's not official, that's per Bo, it's official when the UofA announces it.

Tim Harris

Quoting Bos tweet doesn't make it official.

Oliver

Quote from: ricepig on February 05, 2014, 01:20:00 pm
Well, that's not official, that per Bo, it's official when the UofA announces it.

Stop giving me hope.

BorderPatrol

DeltaBoy

We will see something by the end of the day is my bet.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Oliver

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 05, 2014, 01:19:42 pm

Oh, the Robb Smith love fest will start as soon as it's official.  There will be plenty of gushing and defending

PorkSoda

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 05, 2014, 01:21:09 pm
Quoting Bos tweet doesn't make it official.
@5NEWSDirector: Arkansas hires Robb Smith as new defensive coordinator according to our partner @SportsTalkwBo http://t.co/D0WNECV2ia

I'm sure the news is announcing it because its not official
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bigbadhog

This will be difficult for the "Beliema Army" to spin :)
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

RyeHogFan

The only person who is saying anything is Bo. He's the one that tweeted and the only "source" this article uses is Bo. This may come to pass, but I'll wait and see if this gets legitimized before I comment on it.

Hogsfan1981

Football sucks, basketball is not looking so hot.....missed out on some Big Time impact players for next year and now this.

Just stop already.

Our fans need some freaking great news. I was hoping the DC hire would bring some.

Marshfieldhog

Hogsmo Kramer

If this is the case surely there's gotta be more to this right?

Shannon assistant HC or something?

This can't be what they've been waiting to announce I hope.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Tim Harris

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 05, 2014, 01:22:40 pm
@5NEWSDirector: Arkansas hires Robb Smith as new defensive coordinator according to our partner @SportsTalkwBo http://t.co/D0WNECV2ia

I'm sure the news is announcing it because its not official

Tommy Tuberville to Arkansas ring any bells?

I'm not saying he won't be the coach but all they are doing is quoting Bo's tweet.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 01:22:27 pm
Oh, the Robb Smith love fest will start as soon as it's official.  There will be plenty of gushing and defending

Shouldn't have to defend a guy that hasn't stepped foot on campus from the whiner brigade. Like you, I would've preferred Odom. I'll give him his fair shot like I would anyone else.
Go away, batin'

TeedupHigh

We can hope he is as good as Willie and then the other guy whoever he was.........Now those two was great hires!!!

RyeHogFan

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 05, 2014, 01:23:11 pm

Why does every one of your post have to be so dang combative and undermining?!

LZH

Yeah, I know....I may as well run my finger down my throat and get it over with.  'Cause I know after reading the second or third "he was the best man for the job" posts I'm gonna throw up anyway.

BorderPatrol

I don't get posters like you. I really don't. Why not just get behind the football team and support them?

Or is it more fun to judge and label people on an internet message board?

bp

razorbacker3

As well as the hatefest that so many on here seem to love. That has already started. Get on board or get lost.

hogfan1003

I would have preferred Shannon, Davis or Odom but I will give Smith a fair shake and at least give him a chance before saying it was a bad hire!

Kevin

how about doing some research before blasting the guy. when he was the dc at rutgers they put up some real good numbers.

shannon must not want the job.

so, instead of bashing him, how about lets support him.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

yankeefaninHOGland

Epic Fail - When your everyday run of the mill failure isn't good enough.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 05, 2014, 01:26:15 pm
Shouldn't have to defend a guy that hasn't stepped foot on campus from the whiner brigade. Like you, I would've preferred Odom. I'll give him his fair shot like I would anyone else.

Unfortunately, most people won't give him a chance. He is already hanging from a burning cross for some of these fans. Because his name isn't what they wanted it to be, he obviously can't coach.

bp

aaronpjones21

He might be great. It's the timing that makes zero sense.

balzak

please be wrong... please be wrong... please be wrong...

LZH

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 05, 2014, 01:28:55 pm
As well as the hatefest that so many on here seem to love. That has already started. Get on board or get lost.

That's what the Nutt crew said for years.  I think "get your head outta your a$$" is the appropriate response.

bigbadhog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 05, 2014, 01:26:50 pm

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 05, 2014, 01:26:50 pm

Because of all the blinder followers that can't think for themselves.

IndianaHog

Waited this long for an unemployed coach?  :puke:

cosmodrum

Quote from: yankeefaninhaterland on February 05, 2014, 01:30:18 pm
Epic Fail - When your everyday run of the mill failure isn't good enough.

Thanks for the definition of a term popular when Harold and Kumar went to White Castle.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

So many quality D1 head coaches on this board.
Go away, batin'

Kevin

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 05, 2014, 01:30:58 pm
Because of all the blinder followers that can't think for themselves.

no, some us are willing to give a guy a chance to succeed or fail.

unlike, you internet experts
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 05, 2014, 01:32:03 pm
Thanks for the definition of a term popular when Harold and Kumar went to White Castle.

Release your anger.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

It's not about a love or hate fest.  A poor hire is a poor hire. 

If he's the best BB could get then ok, but don't pee down my leg and tell me its raining.  Statistically RS runs circles around him, but we don't know why BB didn't promote RS.  I'd like to know why.

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 05, 2014, 01:28:55 pm
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Inhogswetrust

Why? Here's a direct quote from the link.

Smith, 38, spent the 2013 season with Tampa Bay as the linebackers coach. Before that he served as the defensive coordinator at Rutgers in 2012. The Scarlet Knights ranked No. 4 nationally in scoring defense, No. 6 against the run and No. 10 overall that season.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DoubleReedHawgCaller

When the hell is this motorcycle wreck ever gonna end? Good lord!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Kevin

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 05, 2014, 01:33:29 pm

Smith, 38, spent the 2013 season with Tampa Bay as the linebackers coach. Before that he served as the defensive coordinator at Rutgers in 2012. The Scarlet Knights ranked No. 4 nationally in scoring defense, No. 6 against the run and No. 10 overall that season.

facts don't go here!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: IndianaHog on February 05, 2014, 01:31:56 pm
Waited this long for an unemployed coach?  :puke:
odd to say the least.  should be a interesting press conference. 
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

three hog night

Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

BorderPatrol

HE IS UNPROVEN!!!!!!!!!!

bp

bigbadhog

Why wait until after signings to announce???  Him over RS, BD or EO???  Hard to spin...

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 05, 2014, 01:19:42 pm

I bet you had no problem when your hero Petrino hired Paul Haynes.

PorkSoda

so he has one season experience in a sub par conference and successfully defended the most anemic offense Arkansas has ever fielded  with a senior laden defense. 

trashcan maN

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 05, 2014, 01:27:39 pm
Yeah, I know....I may as well run my finger down my throat and get it over with.  'Cause I know after reading the second or third "he was the best man for the job" posts I'm gonna throw up anyway.
Yeah, it's more likely that he declined the best, 2nd best and third best for the job and hired the 9th best guy he could get. What exactly are you insinuating? It sounds like you just default to bitch mode without putting much thought into anything at all.

You guys moan and cry like hormonal women. It's really pitiful. There are 10x as many of you as there are apologists. Why do you act so put out all of the time before anything has even been said. Good Lord..

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 05, 2014, 01:35:43 pm
Why wait until after signings to announce???  Him over RS, BD or EO???  Hard to spin...

Why does it have to be spun?

bp

bigbadhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 05, 2014, 01:36:15 pm

I didn't have a problem watching PH shut down Kstate in the cotton bowl...

trashcan maN

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 05, 2014, 01:36:29 pm
so he has one season experience in a sub par conference and successfully defended the most anemic offense Arkansas has ever fielded  with a senior laden defense.
The guy that the mighty tOSU just hired just fielded one of the worst Arkansas defenses in the program's history - and that's saying something.

LZH

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 05, 2014, 01:36:15 pm

Think again.  And don't pretend to know me or think I'm a Petrino lover....you are poorly mistaken.

Fail.