Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Do Some People Give BP and GM Credit but not BB

Started by colbs, February 05, 2014, 01:02:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

I've seen people give BP credit for what he did Louisville and Malzahn credit for what he did at ASU but the same people knock BB for what he did in the BIG 10.  I have nothing against Malzahn or BP but the BIG 10 is a better conference than the Big East, Sun Belt, and Arkansas high school football.  It's either people are ignorant or they really don't like BB for whatever reason.

wachhog

I only give BP credit for what he did at Arkansas.  Same for BB.

BorderPatrol

That's really easy to answer. These people around here think the only way to possibly win football games is to sling the rock all over the place.

The hell with defenses. Who needs them?

bp

superior_wang

im more embarassed by BB going 0-8 in the sec than i ever was for Bps motorcycle incident.

colbs

Quote from: superior_wang on February 05, 2014, 01:07:32 pm
im more embarassed by BB going 0-8 in the sec than i ever was for Bps motorcycle incident.
Way to answer the question.  Didn't you complain when he was hired?

PorkSoda

Quote from: colbs on February 05, 2014, 01:02:24 pm
I've seen people give BP credit for what he did Louisville and Malzahn credit for what he did at ASU but the same people knock BB for what he did in the BIG 10.  I have nothing against Malzahn or BP but the BIG 10 is a better conference than the Big East, Sun Belt, and Arkansas high school football.  It's either people are ignorant or they really don't like BB for whatever reason.
because it hasn't translated to success. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: colbs on February 05, 2014, 01:09:19 pm

Superior_wang has been complaining since the day he come out of his mom's ass.

bp

PorkSoda

I didn't complain when either was hired.  I did complain that BB went 0-8 in historic record breakingly bad fashion. 

I hope he turns it around, but so far everything points to him being in over his head.  It is what it is.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

cosmodrum

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 05, 2014, 01:10:36 pm

bp

Pretty crappy way to start out in life, though. Cut him a break.
Go away, batin'

HiggiePiggy

Many do give him credit for what he did at Wisconsin, but this isn't wisconsin and his first year was pretty crappy. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bphi11ips

Because few people understand long term goals and the process of reaching them. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Marshfieldhog

You don't deserve any credit going 0-8 in the SEC and having a 9 game losing streak. It was bad, real bad.

hollywood hog

Most of us who have a brain complained. 

hollywood hog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on February 05, 2014, 01:16:54 pm
You don't deserve any credit going 0-8 in the SEC and having a 9 game losing streak. It was bad, real bad.

I disagree.  I think BB deserves full credit.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: wachhog on February 05, 2014, 01:03:55 pm
I only give BP credit for what he did at Arkansas.  Same for BB.

Exactly.  What else matters?

Wants2Win

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 05, 2014, 01:14:38 pm
They do understand they just don't believe it will work in this particular situation.

EastexHawg

Who was going around talking about what a wizard Petrino was before he was hired at Arkansas?  I don't remember anyone on this board worshipping at this altar when he was at Louisville.

I can't say the same for Gus.  He has had his own cult following all along.

ifghog

Quote from: superior_wang on February 05, 2014, 01:07:32 pm
Not me.

EastexHawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 05, 2014, 01:14:38 pm

Lots of people have goals and plans for achieving them.  Considering how many teams with losing records there are it's clear not all of them attain them.

As Mike Tyson once said, "They all have a plan until I hit them."

Arkansas Fan

Because we have Petrino loyalists and Gus lovers that think Gus would've magically coached us to the NC game. They just want to bash Bielema because they think all offensive coaches are "exciting" and that they're the only ones that can win here.

This fanbase is very stupid.

Switchback

EastexHawg

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 05, 2014, 01:45:06 pm

We have fans who are unhappy over a winless conference season and twelve straight SEC losses over the course of two years, all coming on the heels of a BCS bowl three seasons ago and a top five finish two years prior. 

We have other fans chastising the unhappy fans and expressing their satisfaction over the way things are going.

Since you chose to bring the term into the discussion...if you were an outside, unbiased observer, which group do you would be more likely to label as stupid?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 05, 2014, 01:50:16 pm
We have fans who are unhappy over a winless conference season and twelve straight SEC losses over the course of two years, all coming on the heels of a BCS bowl three seasons ago and a top five finish two years prior. 

We have other fans chastising the unhappy fans and expressing their satisfaction over the way things are going.

Since you chose to bring the term into the discussion...if you were an outside, unbiased observer, which group do you would be more likely to label as stupid?

People like you.

It's the people like you that conveniently forget that your hero Petrino was the whole cause of this mess. He's a scumbag, he didn't recruit, and he left our program in chaos. Did people like you ever think that IF he recruited the right way, even after his firing, things wouldn't be as bad as they are?

I'm sure you and others like you haven't, because y'all have an agenda. The agenda is to propagate that Petrino, Gus, or any other all-offensive coach can win here. Y'all will not stop bashing Bielema simply because he has a different style and he's having to clean up scumbag Petrino's mess.

Understand?

superior_wang

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 05, 2014, 01:10:36 pm

bp

lame.

hers your certificate for one free  ass whooppin. Lets get off mamas, cuz i just got off yo's.

TIA!

Kevin

it didn't matter who was coaching last year. the hogs were going to go down. they lost basically every skill offensive position player.

fact is this was a dumpster fire. nobody likes the record from last year, but some understand this is a total rebuilding job.

plus, i have been told in jump ball we need stability more than wins. you cannot fire coaches every three years. so doesn't the same apply for football.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

superior_wang

CallThemHawgs!

BP gets credit for what he did HERE

GM gets credit because, well, how can you NOT give him credit for what he has done?

BB gets no credit because I have not seen anything worthy of praise so far

Switchback

It's reasonable to be unhappy with a winless conference record, it's not reasonable to act like CBB and the staff don't have the credentials to turn it around. 

There are a lot of championships in this staff, for some reason people here believe they understand how to reach a championship level better than our staff, who has done it.

hollywood hog

Quote from: superior_wang on February 05, 2014, 01:55:00 pm
lame.

hers your certificate for one free  ass whooppin. Lets get off mamas, cuz i just got off yo's.

TIA!

So we have a Chinaman working as Border Patrol now?

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

bpoecell

Because he doesn't throw the ball enough for them. Luckily, you won't find many "fans" like this outside of MMQB. I always forget how much of a bummer this place is.

jabberjawls

BorderPatrol

seasonhog

This one is to easy.....

CBP was 33-17 as our coach...two 10, 10 seasons

CGM was what 7-0, as our OC when he called the plays.

Did you miss something .

seasonhog

Quote from: Kevin on February 05, 2014, 01:55:06 pm
it didn't matter who was coaching last year. the hogs were going to go down. they lost basically every skill offensive position player.

fact is this was a dumpster fire. nobody likes the record from last year, but some understand this is a total rebuilding job.

plus, i have been told in jump ball we need stability more than wins. you cannot fire coaches every three years. so doesn't the same apply for football.

Are you kidding...

Play calling cost us at least 2or3 games.

MJ2

0-8 in the conference for the first time in the history of the program.   BP and GM didn't do that.

Switchback

Quote from: seasonhog on February 05, 2014, 02:20:54 pm

Are you kidding...

Play calling cost us at least 2or3 games.

Play calling is a small percentage of coaching, all plays are designed to score if executed properly.  he coached up a young team to be within a couple of calls of winning 2-3 more wins.

Wait until we have more depth because of balanced recruiting, and more experience.

mckinneyhog5

Western Illinois   W   28-24
ULM   W                   28-27
at Auburn   W           25-22
Tulsa   W                   30-23
LSU   W                   31-30

These are BP's five wins his first year at Arkansas.  It's not like there was much difference between the two.  BP got lucky in some games and BB didn't.  3-9 or 5-7 they still both suck and wont get you to a bowl.  I didn't hear the same crying about BP after his first year.  BB deserves a chance just like BP did and if you're not willing to give him that then you're just trolling and looking for something to bitch about.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hogsnort

With BP and GM, one can rest assured that their offense is in good hands, regardless of who's the OC because they're calling the shots. With BB, both offense and defense are mostly run by both coordinators. Think of it this way: Gene Chizik is very successful with the right assistants running the show. Without that, almost anything could happen but most likely, it won't be pretty. It boils down to who's really calling the shots...or at least half the shots. Sometimes it's hard to tell. And sometimes it's more obvious. Just because Gene Chizik wins big at Auburn in 2010 doesn't necessarily mean he should be the one who gets most of the credit. Just my honest opinion.

three hog night

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 05, 2014, 01:54:06 pm
People like you.

It's the people like you that conveniently forget that your hero Petrino was the whole cause of this mess. He's a scumbag, he didn't recruit, and he left our program in chaos. Did people like you ever think that IF he recruited the right way, even after his firing, things wouldn't be as bad as they are?

I'm sure you and others like you haven't, because y'all have an agenda. The agenda is to propagate that Petrino, Gus, or any other all-offensive coach can win here. Y'all will not stop bashing Bielema simply because he has a different style and he's having to clean up scumbag Petrino's mess.

Understand?

Thanks for telling the truth.   We have petrino lovers that are willing to tear down the program becasue they are mad at Jeff Long.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

jkstock04

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 05, 2014, 02:42:13 pm

These are BP's five wins his first year at Arkansas.  It's not like there was much difference between the two.  BP got lucky in some games and BB didn't.  3-9 or 5-7 they still both suck and wont get you to a bowl.  I didn't hear the same crying about BP after his first year.  BB deserves a chance just like BP did and if you're not willing to give him that then you're just trolling and looking for something to bitch about.
We had some serious talent coming in and it was easy for most to see and be encouraged. I'm not seeing that with Bielema.

That win over LSU that first year was great for overall morale in my opinion. Once again I didn't see anything like that in Bielemas 1st year.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bigbadhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 05, 2014, 01:45:06 pm
Because we have Petrino loyalists and Gus lovers that think Gus would've magically coached us to the NC game. They just want to bash Bielema because they think all offensive coaches are "exciting" and that they're the only ones that can win here.

Or simple blind followers...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

seasonhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 05, 2014, 01:54:06 pm
People like you.

Understand?

You sir, are very loose with the facts.

JL fired BP & hired the clown Smith, then he hired a coach who has failed so far.

Half the recruits this yr don't even know BP was our coach. All they remember is 0-8 SEC season & BP had nothing to do with that, the present coach gets that credit.

hawgsalot

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 05, 2014, 03:15:46 pm
We had some serious talent coming in and it was easy for most to see and be encouraged. I'm not seeing that with Bielema.

That win over LSU that first year was great for overall morale in my opinion. Once again I didn't see anything like that in Bielemas 1st year.

Huh that LSU team had a losing SEC record.  In fact BP only beat 3 teams total that had a winning record in 4 years.  Look he's a good offensive coach but let's not get carried away, our schedule was night and day harder than anything BP faced his 1st year.  Bottom line yeap we could be the bottom feeders but the top feeders beat us like a drum.  Hopefully having more size and line strength helps us compete every week not just when we're playing teams that aren't very good.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 05, 2014, 03:15:46 pm

I don't disagree that beating LSU that first year was a morale booster and helped people believe BP would make progress.  And I don't disagree that BB didn't have one of those morale boosting wins in his first year.  But the win over LSU was by the skin of the teeth and could have been a loss.  And if you look at today's class -even though we didn't get that 1 or 2 Big Stars we'd all like to see, we did get a class made entirely of 3 and 4 star athletes - 5 of the 4 star variety.  And we got some DBs, some LBs, a QB (early signee), a WR or 2, and some good quality OL and DL recruits.  We didn't get the best possible class - but at least one recruiting service is saying our class is rated - on average - better than past classes.  I suspect that is because we got five 4 stars and we didn't use even a single spot for any 2 stars.  So we averaged above a 3. 
We probably aren't going to whip many people next year.  But we should climb another rung up the ladder with about 5 wins.  Once we do that, we'll add another class and get a 5 star and some more 4 stars.  If you do that over a three year period, you'll generally improve each year.
I believe we'll win about 5 games next year - maybe even 6 if we're lucky.  And then I believe we'll get 8 or more the following year. By BB's 4th year, I believe we'll be winning 9 or more.
Will we ever get back to 11 or even beyond?  I hope so.  I think BB can do it.  But Arkansas will probably never reach that level on a regular basis as long as we have to play Bama, Auburn, LSU, and aTM every year.  Bama will be very good at least 8 out of ever 10 years.  LSU will be 7 out of every 10, and aTm and Auburn will be very good about 3 or 4 times out of every 10.  Add in Missouri, Ole Miss, and Miss ST and occasional games against Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina and you have many chances to stumble on the schedule. Bobby Petrino is a great offensive coach and a passable coach in other phases of the game.  But in his years he didn't generally have to worry about aTm much, he was lucky to have two great QBs in a row, and he didn't have any stretches quite like the Rutgers to Bama stretch in last year's schedule.  He most assuredly did not face a stretch like that with an injured QB.
I'm ready to see what Bielema can do with (hopefully) an improved OL, improved QBs, improved WRs, and improved DBs and LBs. (Hard to imagine improved DL, TEs or RBs because they did pretty well last year.)  I'm not expecting miracles. But I do expect some improvement that will lead to better recruiting.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Newhopehog

I will take wins over compets evey day of the week....

EastexHawg

Quote from: hawgsalot on February 05, 2014, 03:58:36 pm
Huh that LSU team had a losing SEC record.  In fact BP only beat 3 teams total that had a winning record in 4 years. 

This is a clever little statistic made up by someone to denigrate Arkansas', and therefore Petrino's, accomplishments during the 2008-2011 period.

LSU wouldn't have had a "losing SEC record" if Petrino hadn't beaten them in 2008.  And would Mississippi State have had a "winning SEC record" if Petrino's Hogs hadn't beaten them in Starkville in 2010?  How about Auburn in 2011?

You know, it sure does tend to help your opponents' aggregate records and rankings when every one of them gets a "W" when they play you.  Funny how that works.

It's also very convenient that the 2009 Cotton Bowl participant Texas A&M team that the Hogs beat wasn't yet in the SEC.  I suppose they magically became a much better program when they made the switch.

Lake City Hog

Why do some of you have to make everything a BP or GM comparison?
If a person has an opinion that is the least bit negative towards BB he is automatically labeled, stupid, a BP lover, a Gus Busser or some other such tripe.
I have been a RAZORBACK FAN longer than some of you name callers have been alive. I've gone thru more ups and downs than a long porno so don't you dare to question my fandom!

If you ask a question of BB's performance so far anyone that watched last season would have to say that it was BAD, will it get better? I hope that it does and I think that it will. Will BB lead us to the top? Who knows, personally I don't think so. Football is changing, like it or not it is changing and it is changing in favor of the offense.

Our just signed class finished just about on target for our 12 year Team Recruiting Ranking average of #29. What has changed is the types of players making up the top layer. With Petrino it was QB's and Receivers, with BB it is O'Linemen and Running Backs. BB missed on many of the same spots that Petrino missed on Defensive Tackle and Linebacker.

As a Hog fan I continually hope for the best and I will support the coach, whoever he is, but not above the team! I hope BB can take us to a bowl this season and lead us to an SEC Championship soon. But, 0-8 is 0-8 I don't care if Frank was the coach, 0-8 is BAD!

Spikes

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 05, 2014, 01:04:35 pm
That's really easy to answer. These people around here think the only way to possibly win football games is to sling the rock all over the place.

The hell with defenses. Who needs them?

bp

You do realize that Auburn held Florida State to its lowest scoring output all yr right?
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Spikes

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 05, 2014, 02:42:13 pm

Could you please post CBB wins for his first yr pls.. Who cares if a coach gets lucky.. That's the difference between W vs L..

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!