Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ready to go Hog hunting...

Started by Ugly Uncle, February 05, 2014, 12:25:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Anyone have a place to go?  Like to kill me a couple of hogs somewhere in Arkansas.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Retired Radio Host

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 05, 2014, 12:25:14 am
Anyone have a place to go?  Like to kill me a couple of hogs somewhere in Arkansas.  Anyone have any suggestions?

You left out the knife part, and the dogs...

RNHog

Killed a couple during deer season on the Grant County/Saline County Line along the Saline River.

Also, in Bradley County(Warren area) in my hometown, the place is crawling with hogs ready to be taken. Especially around the Saline River Bottoms of this area. South Bradley County around the Fesenthal NWR is a good place to start.

TXArcher

UU, can't help this year, but google "Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge" for the 2015 season. They run two hog hunts in March, bow/shotgun/muzzleloader. Headed up myself end of March this year.

searkhogfan

Be glad to take you. But you got to make your way to S.E.Ark.  And yes, I use dogs & knives. 

Ben Steiger

White Rock WMA, down on the mountain. I recommend a four wheeler and a four wheel drive, but there's some 500 lb monsters back in there.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

root_hawg

searkhog,

u ever looking for volunteers to go; let me know!  Would love to do that!

superior_wang

Quote from: RNHog on February 05, 2014, 01:19:49 am
Killed a couple during deer season on the Grant County/Saline County Line along the Saline River.

Also, in Bradley County(Warren area) in my hometown, the place is crawling with hogs ready to be taken. Especially around the Saline River Bottoms of this area. South Bradley County around the Fesenthal NWR is a good place to start.

this is dead on. Felsenthal is very good...saline river bottoms  in grant/ bradley county. Damn fun hunt. Have you hog hunted before? i believe the proper redneck phrase i recall from shurdn is "piggin'" as in , "we went piggin' downt tha bottoms last weekend"..

if you havent gone before, please remember them pigs will rip u a new one if given the chance. can be dangerous.

RNHog

Quote from: superior_wang on February 05, 2014, 08:53:06 am
this is dead on. Felsenthal is very good...saline river bottoms  in grant/ bradley county. Damn fun hunt. Have you hog hunted before? i believe the proper redneck phrase i recall from shurdn is "piggin'" as in , "we went piggin' downt tha bottoms last weekend"..

if you havent gone before, please remember them pigs will rip u a new one if given the chance. can be dangerous.

I was heading home late one night down our gravel road and 5 monsters crossed in front of me. 4 looked to be sows but there was one monster trailing them. Had some nice tusks on him. Big black hog.

And yeah you don't mess around with them when you're on foot. You better make a good shot because they will charge you and tusk you to death. You can sit in a deer stand back home and pop them with how many are around. And there is no season to kill them. It's open season all year long.

superior_wang

Quote from: RNHog on February 05, 2014, 09:28:42 am
I was heading home late one night down our gravel road and 5 monsters crossed in front of me. 4 looked to be sows but there was one monster trailing them. Had some nice tusks on him. Big black hog.

And yeah you don't mess around with them when you're on foot. You better make a good shot because they will charge you and tusk you to death. You can sit in a deer stand back home and pop them with how many are around. And there is no season to kill them. It's open season all year long.

sows are the best eatin, not sure if its true about the darkerones tasting better idk...

turkey huntin is the only thing better imo.

RNHog

Smaller sows are the best eaten. The older boars are tough.

SouthMisscoHawg

Come to NE Arkansas.... I will take u!
We have lots of land to hunt along the mighty muddy Mississippi River.
Some of the best dogs in the state!!!
I'll let u borrow my knife.... You can do all the shankin u want!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

SouthMisscoHawg

Serious dennison catahoulas!!!

superior_wang

Quote from: NuSteelHawg on February 05, 2014, 09:50:16 am

+1 . thats a whopper

superior_wang

RedSoxFan

UU - I got some vicious 9MM ammo that will do some nasty things to the hogs.

root_hawg

NU,

Where u at in NE Ark, in central myself would love to stick one of those big monsters!

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: root_hawg on February 05, 2014, 10:54:07 am
NU,

Where u at in NE Ark, in central myself would love to stick one of those big monsters!
x2

I hunt them around Star City now and grew up with them everywhere in the Ouachita River bottoms between Arkadelphia and Camden. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

root_hawg

I hunt near Monticello; so we can do this if u don't mind taking a rookie hog hunting

CallThemHawgs!

UU where you at bro ... we gotta get in on this...

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 05, 2014, 01:03:26 am
You left out the knife part, and the dogs...

You and me man.  Just got to find someone with dogs.  I'm ready to do this.  Going to make my wife a necklace out of the tusk.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 05, 2014, 12:44:53 pm
UU where you at bro ... we gotta get in on this...

You in?  I'm in!  When can we do this?
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Holy Cow.  Did you kill that with a knife? 
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: searkhogfan on February 05, 2014, 06:00:57 am
Be glad to take you. But you got to make your way to S.E.Ark.  And yes, I use dogs & knives. 

I'll make the trip.  Though that picture I just say made me want to shoot one with a cannon instead of stabbing it.  But, this is a bucket list thing for me.
Retired Radio Host

SouthMisscoHawg

I live outside of Wilson.....

Would like to hunt in south Arkansas myself.
Have a few deer leases we been invited to hunt around the Prescott area.

SouthMisscoHawg

All I use is a knife unless they bay in in the water or across big water....

mr4pt

Wow, the Miss River is a LOT smaller up that way.  Nice hog tho

SouthMisscoHawg

Lmao......
That's not the Mississippi River.... That's a shoot off the river.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 05, 2014, 12:51:06 pm
I'll make the trip.  Though that picture I just say made me want to shoot one with a cannon instead of stabbing it.  But, this is a bucket list thing for me.

Its going down ...

Bring the cameras ...

And a sharp knife, I will have my 10mm Glock just in case. Haha

Rzbakfromwaybak

Nothing wrong with stabbing them with a knife......after you have shot it 2 or 3 times with a cannon....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

showhimthewhip

I wish you guys would kill them all.  I have been getting too nervous lately with my squirrel dogs trying to bay them.

hawgwild child

Quote from: searkhogfan on February 05, 2014, 06:00:57 am
I do the same, central ark

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 06, 2014, 06:42:18 pm
Its going down ...

Bring the cameras ...

And a sharp knife, I will have my 10mm Glock just in case. Haha

Alright...lets get together and set a date.
Retired Radio Host

Kodiak

Cant offer any help, but have a good time!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

LSUFan

You do not want to kill a hog with a knife. The gurgling sound will never leave your mind.

But if you want to get a big hog, just pull up to any daycare around 5:30pm and watch the sows pour out of the SUVs some man bought them.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

SouthMisscoHawg

The gurgling sound give me the satisfaction of a successful kill and know my dogs did their part.
I enjoy it!

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 08, 2014, 10:04:45 pm
Alright...lets get together and set a date.

I will PM you tomorrow or something, its goin down