Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo's tweet

Started by hoofer, February 04, 2014, 05:03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 12:50:14 pm
Then think it through:  That's not what happened.

Sure appears that is what happened.

yankeefaninHOGland

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 12:49:14 pm
Who knows?  Maybe he has a magic contract where he can't talk about a potential job without losing millions of dollars.

I can guarantee you that Bielema didn't tell recruits that RS would be the DC only to name another coordinator the day after they sign on.  That would be recruiting suicide.

Never said he told them that.  IMO, he made it look like Randy Shannon was going to get the job by not announcing it until after signing day.  Every hog fan, assumed that since this drug out that Randy Shannon would be the guy, I think recruits assumed the same thing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: yankeefaninhaterland on February 05, 2014, 12:53:02 pm
Never said he told them that.  IMO, he made it look like Randy Shannon was going to get the job by not announcing it until after signing day.  Every hog fan, assumed that since this drug out that Randy Shannon would be the guy, I think recruits assumed the same thing.

You assume WAY too much. Heck I would be closer to stating a fact by saying you are the only person to be both a Razorback fan and Yankee fan..............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

yankeefaninHOGland

So I am the only one that assumed we were getting Randy Shannon as our DC?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: yankeefaninhaterland on February 05, 2014, 12:58:56 pm

Why did you assume this?

bp

twistitup

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 12:50:14 pm
Then think it through:  That's not what happened.

Sure looks like it...unless it's Shannon
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Oliver

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 05, 2014, 01:01:59 pm
Why did you assume this?

bp

Probably because Shannon was the only candidate that had a hiring date stipulation. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 05, 2014, 01:01:59 pm
Why did you assume this?

bp

Because he doesn't now what happens when you assume.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Boar War

Quote from: yankeefaninhaterland on February 05, 2014, 12:58:56 pm

No.  A lot of people assumed that was the case because of the time it took to make the hire, the fact that he was (and still is) on staff, and the belief that many had in the "magic contract".

But I'm guessing you (like the rest of us) had no other recourse than to assume what was going to happen.  Recruits had the ability to ask Coach B about the DC hire.  Personally I don't think he looked them in the eye and told them RS was an option when he was never going to hire him.  I find it much more likely that RS doesn't want to be a DC.

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 01:04:14 pm
Probably because Shannon was the only candidate that had a hiring date stipulation. 

Really?  Can someone show me this magic contract?

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 01:06:34 pm
No.  A lot of people assumed that was the case because of the time it took to make the hire, the fact that he was (and still is) on staff, and the belief that many had in the "magic contract".

But I'm guessing you (like the rest of us) had no other recourse than to assume what was going to happen.  Recruits had the ability to ask Coach B about the DC hire.  Personally I don't think he looked them in the eye and told them RS was an option when he was never going to hire him.  I find it much more likely that RS doesn't want to be a DC.

If I were a recruit, and Bielema said to me, "Coach X is going to be our DC eventually".  My first question would be, "Why haven't you already hired him?"

The Boar War

Quote from: twistitup on February 05, 2014, 01:03:49 pm

Sure looks like it...unless it's Shannon

Seems like that would be a good way to hurt relationships in an area where he's trying to build a pipeline.

It may be true but it doesn't seem like it's worth the long term risk to me.

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 01:08:48 pm
Really?  Can someone show me this magic contract?

I can show you the article discussing the "magic contract".  Or do the work yourself to find the article that was posted on here discussing it

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 12:11:26 pm
Well at least that BS theory about not being able to take the job until February of 2014 will be proven wrong.

Since it looks like RS isn't getting the job for some reason then it doesn't prove that theory wrong. It wouldn't have proven anything even if he did get the job. Either way it only leads to more questions.

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 01:10:32 pm
If I were a recruit, and Bielema said to me, "Coach X is going to be our DC eventually".  My first question would be, "Why haven't you already hired him?"

That would be a good question.  One that Bielema would have to answer.

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 01:14:33 pm
That would be a good question.  One that Bielema would have to answer.

And I'm curious to what that answer is. 

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 01:11:27 pm
I can show you the article discussing the "magic contract".  Or do the work yourself to find the article that was posted on here discussing it

I've read the article.  It says nothing about not being able to take a "DC or head coaching job before 2-1-14".  Lot's of people wanted it to.

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver on February 05, 2014, 01:15:19 pm
And I'm curious to what that answer is. 

I am as well.  But do you think he sat down and purposefully lied to a kid about hiring RS as the DC only to pick another DC a few days after signing day?

wachhog

Quote from: Vcloudv on February 05, 2014, 01:58:38 am
Here is an excerpt from Chris Hauser's, the Arkansas Director of Recruiting,interview that I found interesting.
Q: You've had some obvious challenges this month in recruiting without a defensive coordinator. How has that affected what you've tried to get accomplished on the defensive side of the ball?
A: ...it's hard sometimes maybe for the defensive side of the ball to identify with exactly that guy that's going to run the defense. But I think coach Bielema has handled those questions in meetings and people have been pleasantly surprised with the insight that they get when they've met with.

Here is a link to the entire article in the Recruiting Forum.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=561201.0
Is this Sunshine Chris Who is always posting on Hogville?  must be.

Oliver

Quote from: The Boar War on February 05, 2014, 01:18:09 pm
I am as well.  But do you think he sat down and purposefully lied to a kid about hiring RS as the DC only to pick another DC a few days after signing day?

Doubtful.  I hope not.  I just can't think of any good reason why we finished recruiter without hiring a DC.  And then after our class is signed, we announce it.

wachhog

Quote from: WriterWrong on February 05, 2014, 12:41:49 pm
If a coach hurts your recruiting, why hire him?

Half the battle of college football is getting good players to attend your school. If you believe a coach could be a deterrent to that process, why would you want him?

Not saying it's not a possibility. But, it looks like an awfully bad sign if you didn't announce your new DC because recruits wouldn't like him.
Maybe you hire him because he is all you could get.  Maybe has assistants did not bail on him at Wisconsin because of the money.  Maybe it was not money that prevented him from hiring the guys he wanted at Wisconsin.  Remember the former unemployed Nutt assistant that he hired at Wisconsin?

wachhog

This entire situation looks worse by the minute.