Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock Top 3 fan base in the nation

Started by Hogwild, February 03, 2014, 09:07:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Uncle SI

First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

redeye

Correct me if I'm wrong, but among those cities, I believe Little Rock is also the furthest from campus.  I find it interesting that Knoxville and Columbus aren't much different, even though the campuses are located there.

CallThemHawgs!

Good deal, im glad they support the Hogs.

Surely it wont be a problem for them to make the drive to Fayetteville for games.

Bacons Rebellion

Move all of Alabama's games to Birmingham!!!!!!

GTOWNHOG

Watched (on TV) or listened (on Radio)  well, yeah.  Razorbacks are the ONLY game in town. LOL.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Hooch

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on February 03, 2014, 10:13:59 pm
Watched (on TV) or listened (on Radio)  well, yeah.  Razorbacks are the ONLY game in town. LOL.

Its like being the only vigrin in the strip club and being recognized for paying the most attention. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 03, 2014, 10:11:21 pm

Surely it wont be a problem for them to make the drive to Fayetteville for games.

It isn't, but apparently it's a horrible inconvenience to drive from Fayetteville to Little Rock.

I can see why.  It's a long drive for a social event.

Hooch

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 03, 2014, 10:29:55 pm
It isn't, but apparently it's a horrible inconvenience to drive from Fayetteville to Little Rock.

No, its just that there are a lot more reasons to have the games in Fayetteville rather than in LR.

darkstar

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 03, 2014, 11:11:43 pm
No, its just that there are a lot more reasons to have the games in Fayetteville rather than in LR.

Yeah, when you lose 8 to 9 games a year, you don't have to wait that long to crash and sleep it off.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 03, 2014, 11:11:43 pmNo, its just that there are a lot more reasons to have the games in Fayetteville rather than in LR.

Yep, it's definitely the offseason.

hambone

I swear.

More people drive from NWA to Central Ark for games than drive from Central Ark to NWA for football games.

That is the real reason why they play most of them in NWA now.

Believe it or not.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hambone on February 04, 2014, 12:12:23 am
I swear.

More people drive from NWA to Central Ark for games than drive from Central Ark to NWA for football games.

Believe it or not.

You a traffic counter?

hambone

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 04, 2014, 12:22:44 am
You a traffic counter?

Nope. Just knew someone in the SID office. U of A has tracked this type of info for decades.

Or did you think they just flipped a coin to decide where to play games?

Big Papa Satan

Sure, but they should move all games to Fayetteville.  For those NWA residents' convenience, you know.

hambone

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 04, 2014, 12:46:17 am
Sure, but they should move all games to Fayetteville.  For those NWA residents' convenience, you know.

That's why they played in LR, for the convenience of the Central Ark people.

But it's a bad thing if they return the favor in the other direction?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hambone on February 04, 2014, 12:48:39 am

Uh no, the UofA use to play games in LR because WM was the best/biggest Stadium in the state.  Central Arkansas is as responsible for the success of the Razorback program as NWA is.  That being said I have no problem moving all games but one to the hill. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hambone on February 04, 2014, 12:37:46 am
Nope. Just knew someone in the SID office. U of A has tracked this type of info for decades.

Or did you think they just flipped a coin to decide where to play games?

Ohhhhhhh, you have a source.  How so very impressive.  Very few people on Hogville have those.    ::)

Arkfan

Quote from: hambone on February 04, 2014, 12:48:39 am

If youre that ignorant of this topic and believe what you typed, you really ought to stay out of this discussion because you dont know jack you know what about it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on February 03, 2014, 09:40:54 pm
MOVE ALL GAMES TO LITTLE ROCK NOW!!!!

They also have Birmingham listed for the Tide and OKC listed for the Sooners. Those teams don't play in those towns. It also said WATCHED, ATTENDED or LISTENED. Two of those three have nothing to do with WHERE the team is playing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

I swear.

Believe it or not.

WHY is it always Central Arkansas versus Northwest Arkansas. a LOT of people from OTHER places go to games.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 04, 2014, 06:54:12 am
They also have Birmingham listed for the Tide and OKC listed for the Sooners. Those teams don't play in those towns. It also said WATCHED, ATTENDED or LISTENED. Two of those three have nothing to do with WHERE the team is playing.

Norman is about 20 miles south of OKC and is part of the OKC Metro area.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Redhogs

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on February 03, 2014, 10:11:21 pm

Perfect...+1
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogfan10

I swear.

Believe it or not.

I doubt it. I would like to see you prove those #'s.

Redhogs

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 04, 2014, 12:46:17 am
No genuis.....Fayetteville is where the campus and home stadium is. Small minor details I know, but try to catch up.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Redhogs on February 04, 2014, 08:41:23 am
No genuis.....Fayetteville is where the campus and home stadium is. Small minor details I know, but try to catch up.

What does this have to do with the thread topic?

FaytownHog

The Nielsen company put out this list. The same people who do the tv ratings. We already knew that Little Rock had some of the most well watched games on tv bc they sure weren't at the stadium!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 04, 2014, 09:09:32 am
The Nielsen company put out this list. The same people who do the tv ratings. We already knew that Little Rock had some of the most well watched games on tv bc they sure weren't at the stadium!

Probably means there are more Razorback fans in Central AR than in Northwest AR.

Torqued pork

DoctorSusscrofa

Where the heck is NWA? Did they even make the list at all?  Just wondering.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

It's longer that direction.  Didn't you know?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

bphi11ips

This was a Nielsen survey of television and radio viewers and listeners.  All it shows is the popularity of the Razorbacks in the Little Rock market, which tends to validate the decision to play games there for over 100 years.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 04, 2014, 09:41:08 am
I miss the Glacier Cats.

YESSSSSSSSSS. I use to go those games all the time as a kid

FaytownHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on February 04, 2014, 09:50:12 am
Where the heck is NWA? Did they even make the list at all?  Just wondering.
Can't watch the games on tv if you're at them in person. That's why the LR market got ranked so high. They are all watching from home.

bphi11ips

Quote from: FaytownHog on February 04, 2014, 10:52:43 am
Can't watch the games on tv if you're at them in person. That's why the LR market got ranked so high. They are all watching from home.

So what does your theory say for the good citizens of Columbus, Ohio? 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 04, 2014, 07:07:21 am
Norman is about 20 miles south of OKC and is part of the OKC Metro area.

We all know that. Your point is?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 04, 2014, 11:23:18 am
We all know that. Your point is?

My point is, OU plays their games in the OKC metro area, which is quite different (distance-wise) from the Hogs playing in the LR market.

Atlhogfan1

Didn't we start playing games there and kept playing games there to increase the program's exposure?  Now with modern media, playing there to get exposure isn't as necessary.  Plus we have reduced the number of games yet still the market ranks 3rd in interest in the program.   ;D
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Inhogswetrust

February 04, 2014, 12:26:00 pm #40 Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:57:49 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 04, 2014, 12:07:32 pm
My point is, OU plays their games in the OKC metro area, which is quite different (distance-wise) from the Hogs playing in the LR market.

So why don't other schools in outlying areas of their state play closer to the center of their states OR closer to the population center. Am I suppose to scream bloody murder IF I am a Seminole fan and they never play home games in Miami and I live there? How about If I live in Arlington VA and I want to see VT play home games there? I bet GA fans in Plains hate driving to Athens. I guess Tenner fans in Memphis should be up in arms they don't play home games in the Liberty Bowl OR in Nashville for that matter.

O Shucky

Let it go LR folks!

All the games will eventually move to Fayetteville regardless of your opinion on here. You can back that opinion with all the stats, graphs, polls, surveys and "how it used to be stories" you want.

Bottom line is all the games will eventually be in NWA.

hobhog

I swear.

Believe it or not.

WOW. Swing and a miss......

sigpooie

Look how well the Uof A has done since started moving out of LR. It looks like NWA needs our kids and money to be relevant in CF and CB
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

HogMantheIntruder

I swear.

Believe it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

The "real" reason is that RRS holds almost twice as many people.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 04, 2014, 12:26:00 pm
So why don't other schools in outlying areas of their state play closer to the center of their states OR closer to the population center. Am I suppose to scream bloody murder IF I am a Seminole fan and they never play home games in Miami and I live there? How about If I live in Arlington VA and I want to see VT play home games there? I bet GA fans in Plains hate driving to Athens. I guess Tenner fans in Memphis should be up in arms they don't play home games in the Liberty Bowl OR in Nashville for that matter.

Wow....I didn't realize this was such a sensitive subject for you. I was merely stating that the "OU-OKC" stat wasn't a good comparison to the "Ark-LR" stat due to the proximity of OU to OKC. Nothing more. Nothing less.

sage_dragoon

What I find sad is that a higher percentage of LR residents watch/listen than does Fayetteville.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 04, 2014, 01:19:56 pm
Wow....I didn't realize this was such a sensitive subject for you. I was merely stating that the "OU-OKC" stat wasn't a good comparison to the "Ark-LR" stat due to the proximity of OU to OKC. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It's not sensitive to me. I grew up in the LR suburbs. I never have understood why people THINK they deserve anything over someone else just because that is the way it was done in the past. I was making analogies. I was also trying to say why does distance to a stadium have to matter because a lot of teams stadiums are not close to the middle of their fan base or state  population center.

bphi11ips

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 04, 2014, 01:19:56 pm

It's a really sensitive subject to all those who hate the thought of games in WMS.  This isn't even a GSD issue, but look at all the misinformation and crazy analogies above.  RRS seats almost twice as many as WMS?  C'mon man!  RRS max is 76,000 and WMS is 55,000.  That comes to 72.3%.  You know the situation was reversed for decades.  RS was 38,000 for years while WMS was 54,000.  70.3%.  Not that it matters now.  Only one game per year is left in LR.  Three or four were in Fayetteville even when 4 were in LR.  Big deal.  That's where the campus is!

If Florida State had used Miami for 50 years to build its program, Miami would have something to bitch about when Florida State decided Miami wasn't useful anymore.  Likewise with Georgia and Va Tech.  Don't raise Birmingham because it's less than an hour from Tuscaloosa.  Tennessee played one home game per year in Memphis forever, even when they had a stadium on campus that seated 40,000 more fans.  And guess what?  Memphis to this day has a stronger UT fanbase than Nashville, where it only plays every other year as the visitor. 

We all get it by now no matter where we live or attend games.  It's okay.  Really.  Talk about the Angry Divide.  It isn't BP vs. GM vs. BB vs. JL vs. HDN.  It's NWA vs. the rest of the state, and the anger appears to be coming almost exclusively from NWA.  It's silly.  The Razorbacks were built on the athletes and alumni and other fans and contributors from the entire state.  If you want it you can have it.  Most of you think the program sucks anyway. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 04, 2014, 01:41:30 pm
It's a really sensitive subject to all those who hate the thought of games in WMS.  This isn't even a GSD issue, but look at all the misinformation and crazy analogies above.  RRS seats almost twice as many as WMS?  C'mon man!  RRS max is 76,000 and WMS is 55,000.  That comes to 72.3%.  You know the situation was reversed for decades.  RS was 38,000 for years while WMS was 54,000.  70.3%.  Not that it matters now.  Only one game per year is left in LR.  Three or four were in Fayetteville even when 4 were in LR.  Big deal.  That's where the campus is!

If Florida State had used Miami for 50 years to build its program, Miami would have something to bitch about when Florida State decided Miami wasn't useful anymore.  Likewise with Georgia and Va Tech.  Don't raise Birmingham because it's less than an hour from Tuscaloosa.  Tennessee played one home game per year in Memphis forever, even when they had a stadium on campus that seated 40,000 more fans.  And guess what?  Memphis to this day has a stronger UT fanbase than Nashville, where it only plays every other year as the visitor. 

We all get it by now no matter where we live or attend games.  It's okay.  Really.  Talk about the Angry Divide.  It isn't BP vs. GM vs. BB vs. JL vs. HDN.  It's NWA vs. the rest of the state, and the anger appears to be coming almost exclusively from NWA.  It's silly.  The Razorbacks were built on the athletes and alumni and other fans and contributors from the entire state.  If you want it you can have it.  Most of you think the program sucks anyway. 

Well, as a UofA alum, I can honestly say I love the University and The Razorbacks. I love going to games in both Fayetteville AND Little Rock.
I hate the GSD but understand why many feel the way they do. It's "Emotion vs Economics", and that's a tough call to make for the powers-that-be. When I commented earlier on "OU-OKC", I certainly wasn't trying to bring the GSD into the thread. I just found it interesting that of the 5 cities, three were basically in the city where the school is located, one (Birmingham) is what?...60 miles from Tuscaloosa, and the other was LR, by far the furthest distance from the school's campus.