Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kam Chancellor said it.......

Started by hogz11, February 02, 2014, 09:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

"FUNDAMENTALS...............we teach it."

Hoping that is what is being taught and drilled into the Razorback players by this staff. We see the results tonight......

bphi11ips

That may have been the best display of tackling I have ever seen. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

moses_007

It was a textbook performance on how to wreck havoc on the world's best passing quarterback. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogz11 on February 02, 2014, 10:12:41 pm
Utter domination. Can't remember the name of the guy sitting between Berman & Steve Young, but he said it when he told Kam, "It looked like a college team vs. a pro team."

Looked like a Petrino team vs bama.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: hogz11 on February 02, 2014, 10:12:41 pm
Utter domination. Can't remember the name of the guy sitting between Berman & Steve Young, but he said it when he told Kam, "It looked like a college team vs. a pro team."
Tom Jackson. Played LB for the Broncos back in the 70s and 80s
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

3kgthog

The best passing QB that also now holds the record for playoff losses. He's a regular season QB. Period.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 02, 2014, 10:26:39 pm

Except 2010... I gotta give it to the team on that one. We gave em a hell of a fight for 3 1/2 quarters
This is my non-signature signature.

bennyl08

I made the comment as well about Bama vs. Arkansas. Mainly how hard they were hitting the receivers when they did catch the ball.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hawg4Eva

SEC vs Big 10

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hog.goblin

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 02, 2014, 10:43:25 pm
The best passing QB that also now holds the record for playoff losses. He's a regular season QB. Period.

you mean a guy who has taken his team to 3 Super Bowls is merely a regular season QB?

hawgmasta

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 02, 2014, 11:14:50 pm
you mean a guy who has taken his team to 3 Super Bowls is merely a regular season QB?

Yeah. . . He still went to three super bowls. I didn't look up the stats but there's not many that have done that. Manning ain't even done yet.

Then again, Russell Wilson isn't either.

bobcat ball

Regular season QB with 3 SB Appearances and 1 SB Title

Lots of QB's pray they have that when they are done!!!

WOO PIG

GoHogs1091

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 02, 2014, 09:41:39 pm
That may have been the best display of tackling I have ever seen. 

The best I have ever seen was our 2011 game against Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  The 2011 Alabama Secondary though had 3 shutdown Cornerbacks (Kirkpatrick, Menzie, and Milliner; they used a scheme against us with 3 CBs and 2 Safeties), and a Strong Safety (Barron) who would basically lock down his side of the field.

Petrino tried his shallow delayed crossing route stuff against that Alabama Secondary in 2011, and it was a dominant no-go.  It also helped Alabama that they had a 6'4" 260 lb. Middle Linebacker who could tackle very well in open space (Hightower).  From the Arkansas part in the 2011 (Junior) section of Hightower's Bio.

"Arkansas: Registered a team-best nine tackles ... had two tackles for loss for the second straight game, dropping the Hogs behind the line of scrimmage for a total of eight yards ... helped hold the Razorbacks to just 17 yards rushing and 291 yards below their season average entering the game."

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hightower_donta01.html

bobcat ball

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 03, 2014, 12:56:05 am
The best I have ever seen was our 2011 game against Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  The 2011 Alabama Secondary though had 3 shutdown Cornerbacks (Kirkpatrick, Menzie, and Milliner; they used a scheme against us with 3 CBs and 2 Safeties), and a Strong Safety (Barron) who would basically lock down his side of the field.

Petrino tried his shallow delayed crossing route stuff against that Alabama Secondary in 2011, and it was a dominant no-go.  It also helped Alabama that they had a 6'4" 260 lb. Middle Linebacker who could tackle very well in open space (Hightower).  From the Arkansas part in the 2011 (Junior) section of Hightower's Bio.

"Arkansas: Registered a team-best nine tackles ... had two tackles for loss for the second straight game, dropping the Hogs behind the line of scrimmage for a total of eight yards ... helped hold the Razorbacks to just 17 yards rushing and 291 yards below their season average entering the game."

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hightower_donta01.html

They assaulted Tyler Wilson in that game
WOO PIG

Atlhogfan1

At some point missing an All Pro OT like Clady was going to hurt the Broncos and it happened in the Super Bowl.  The Oline was a scramble all season.  Add on missing Von Miller on D much of the season including the playoffs and what happened isn't a surprise.  The Denver oline couldn't protect Manning to get the ball downfield. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 03, 2014, 12:58:07 am
They assaulted Tyler Wilson in that game

It is going to be a long time (and I stress the words a long time) before we ever see another collegiate Defense as good as that 2011 Alabama Defense.  It took a 25 year gap wise from the 1986 Oklahoma Sooners Defense to that 2011 Alabama Defense (the only 2 collegiate Defenses to have ever lead the nation in all 4 major statistical defensive categories).     

bobcat ball

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2014, 01:04:03 am
At some point missing an All Pro OT like Clady was going to hurt the Broncos and it happened in the Super Bowl.  The Oline was a scramble all season.  Add on missing Von Miller on D much of the season including the playoffs and what happened isn't a surprise.  The Denver oline couldn't protect Manning to get the ball downfield. 

I thought the DL of Seattle vs the OL of Denver was defiinately the difference in the game.

People will blame manning blah blah blah but he never had a chance. AND when he did get the ball out his WR's got hit and hit hard. Better team won on this night.
WOO PIG

bobcat ball

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 03, 2014, 01:05:14 am
It is going to be a long time (and I stress the words a long time) before we ever see another collegiate Defense as good as that 2011 Alabama Defense.  It took a 25 year gap wise from the 1986 Oklahoma Sooners Defense to that 2011 Alabama Defense (the only 2 collegiate Defenses to have ever lead the nation in all 4 major statistical defensive categories).     

They were damn good I know that.

Gave you a +1 to get you off the bad number you were on  ;D
WOO PIG

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 03, 2014, 01:10:31 am
I thought the DL of Seattle vs the OL of Denver was defiinately the difference in the game.

People will blame manning blah blah blah but he never had a chance. AND when he did get the ball out his WR's got hit and hit hard. Better team won on this night.

He had to throw short a lot when the game was still competitive and Sea came up and made the hits.  I would like to have seen it with a healthy Den oline with Clady.  But Sea dominated this game up front. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 03, 2014, 01:11:21 am
They were damn good I know that.

Gave you a +1 to get you off the bad number you were on  ;D

Thanks.  I hadn't really noticed about that bad number I was on.  It was indeed a bad number, and thanks for getting me off of that number.

bobcat ball

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 03, 2014, 01:16:26 am
Thanks.  I hadn't really noticed about that bad number I was on.  It was indeed a bad number, and thanks for getting me off of that number.

Your welcome!! Just happen to notice it and figured you wouldn't mind.
WOO PIG

Hoggish1

Add to that a home field QB and a warm weather QB and you've got him nailed.

FANONTHEHILL

Manning didn't lose the game for the Broncos.  Their offensive line did.  No quarterback does anything if he can't step into throws.  The d-line from Seattle gets a lot less press than their defensive backs do, but the line is why they dominated Denver.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Redhogs

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 02, 2014, 10:26:39 pm

Some of you will never stop. CBB's team certainly looked steller against Bama last year too...jeeze.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

bobcat ball

It's laughable that anyone questions the kind of QB that Manning is. He is one of the greats and there is nothing anyone can say that will ever change that.

There are literally hundreds of guys that have played the QB position in the NFL that would take his career right now!!!

The guy is 100% class and is the kind of guy off the field that kids should look up to. Now days that can't be said like it could when I was a kid.
WOO PIG

olivebranchhog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 03, 2014, 01:05:14 am

The Miami defenses with all their nfl players in 2001 don't even get mentioned?
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

superior_wang

the best team clearly won the superbowl. has to piss off the 49ers i bet.