Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Y'all be careful out there

Started by Wayne Watson, February 02, 2014, 11:32:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

NWA getting hit hard with snow.  Over 2 inches and still coming down.  Went to the tobacco store a few minutes ago and on the way back, 71B north was all but shut down.  Guess someone decided to not drive right.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 02, 2014, 11:32:19 am
NWA getting hit hard with snow.  Over 2 inches and still coming down.  Went to the tobacco store a few minutes ago and on the way back, 71B north was all but shut down.  Guess someone decided to not drive right.

Slicker than snot on a doorknob in Broken Arrow, I was out earlier slippin and sliding around. Nasty weather. Like you, 2 inches on the ground and still coming down.

Like they used to say in "Hill Street Blues" at the end of the shift briefing...."be careful out there".
Go Hogs Go!

Professor Psychosis

Fort Smith area roads getting pretty treacherous.  Great day to stay home, get drunk, and watch the Super Bowl.  Sucks that my original plan of going out, getting drunk, and watching the Super Bowl is going to be cancelled, but, I'm pretty sure I'll adapt.

ur

Lafayette street looked like a mini Atlanta with cars and an 18 wheeler stuck at the Mission- Lafayette intersection. Don't even try it with 4 wheel drive because you can't get around all the cars stuck in the street.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Lanny

I can't stand winter.  Cold rain in the Village
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Wayne Watson

One good thing about.  No work tomorrow!  I may get drunk.
We don't rent pigs

brenthog

I am driving back from Hot Springs to Rogers. Just made it to Russellville. How is 540?

old hog

Only cold rain here in Conway so far, may do some drinking anyway.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Lanny on February 02, 2014, 11:48:55 am

Amen amigo. I absolutely "loathe" Winter. I may retire closer to the equator though it will be a lot more difficult getting to Hogs football games.
Go Hogs Go!

RNHog

Love winter. The wife has a jeep. I have a truck to get around. Doesn't slow us down.

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: brenthog on February 02, 2014, 11:52:00 am
I am driving back from Hot Springs to Rogers. Just made it to Russellville. How is 540?

From the pictures I'm seeing on Twitter, it's passable for now, but it is snow covered.

NWARazor

An hour ago @NWAStormChasing posted: Multiple wrecks are ongoing just north of Winslow, AR on I-540. Snow is picking up across the region. Unless you have to be out, don't go
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

brenthog

Quote from: NWARazor on February 02, 2014, 12:05:59 pm
An hour ago @NWAStormChasing posted: Multiple wrecks are ongoing just north of Winslow, AR on I-540. Snow is picking up across the region. Unless you have to be out, don't go

I am trying to get home. I work in the morning and they dont cancel work.

Großer Kriegschwein

Down here in banjo land Louisiana it's 66 and rainy... I'd trade it for snow in Arkansas any day.
This is my non-signature signature.

gohogs1969

Be very careful buddy. I live in Rogers also and just got off of 540 from Fayetteville. Cars starting to slip and slide. I'd only go around 40ish mph. Hard to tell what lane is what.

LZH

There ya go..........cold weather blows.  I'm ready for some summertime!

NWARazor

Some of the pics being posted on Twitter...

Mission St. in Fayetteville

[attachment deleted by admin]
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

NWARazor

Bentonville

NWARazor

College Ave. in Fayetteville

weresoclose

Quote from: NWARazor on February 02, 2014, 12:26:37 pm

Lol did they all just drive straight off the road?? 

Wayne Watson

Friend took this on 540.

We don't rent pigs

NWARazor

Just posted on their Facebook page: Due to the deteriorating weather conditions the Rogers Police Department strongly recommends that citizens avoid driving. Roads are extremely slick and hazardous. Numerous accidents have been reported and the back log of calls is straining the emergency response system. Please limit driving to emergency situations only.

HighTide999

My wife and I (Sherwood) would enjoy some snow - we probably won't get a flake,

old hog

Hog1966

We have about 4" here in Harrison, just flurries coming down now.

goodguytex

Near freezing and rain here in Texarkana. If it continues, could see freezing rain and sleet here later. Everyone please be safe.

Break & Run

Just constant cold rain in Hot Springs.  I hope that's all it becomes but weather.com says snow flurries around 6:00 this evening.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

McKdaddy

Getting around "okay" in Tulsa, but better off home than out and about...lotta vehicles struggling. Good thing is Lifetime Fitness was empty for me.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

alohawg

Recently spent a month at a shipyard in Pascagoula freezing my butt off in record low temps and it only reinforced my dislike for the cold.
Have you thought about a visit to the Islands lately?   8)
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

WorfHog

I watched some cars trying to get up North St this morning and it was comical and sometimes damn scary. Roads seem passable right now (in a front wheel drive or 4x4), but the snow keeps falling.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 02, 2014, 11:53:53 am
Amen amigo. I absolutely "loathe" Winter. I may retire closer to the equator though it will be a lot more difficult getting to Hogs football games.

If I ever am fortunate enough to retire, it will be in Colorado, where I can ski, or board to my hearts content, on any number of mountains.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ricepig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 02, 2014, 02:06:21 pm
If I ever am fortunate enough to retire, it will be in Colorado, where I can ski, or board to my hearts content, on any number of mountains.

Damn, you think you'll still be able to board at 75??

LZH

Gimme a hot day on the beach, a pina colada, and a tan cutie in a white bikini and the longer I live the better life will get.

weresoclose

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: NWARazor on February 02, 2014, 12:26:37 pm

Sweet hell! I thought the one wreck I saw in Rogers was bad.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: ricepig on February 02, 2014, 02:09:31 pm
Damn, you think you'll still be able to board at 75??
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 02, 2014, 11:53:53 am
at 85, I will still make it down the hill.

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

McKdaddy

Agreed
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Delicious~Dreams

I wish I was I dream of Jenny and could blink myself to a Hot Island....I would lay in the sun all day and love every minute of it!   Stop Old Man Winter!  Please? :)

LZH

tusksincolorado

;)  ;D  8)

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

KCRazorbackfan

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 02, 2014, 12:14:07 pm
Down here in banjo land Louisiana it's 66 and rainy... I'd trade it for snow in Arkansas any day.

Man, are you crazy?  ;)  I'm here in Louisiana until Thursday and I wish I never had to go back to KC and the winter we've had.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on February 02, 2014, 02:48:40 pm
Man, are you crazy?  ;)  I'm here in Louisiana until Thursday and I wish I never had to go back to KC and the winter we've had.
he must be celebrating the Super Bowl a little early;)

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: KCRazorbackfan on February 02, 2014, 02:48:40 pm

I was in Lake Charles all last week and had to deal with ice for a couple of days.  SW Louisiana lost their minds over it...
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 02, 2014, 02:37:43 pm
Hee hee.  Now that's my idea of winter!

Zep, my man, let me know if you ever need a wingman...
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: rampage72501 on February 02, 2014, 02:50:48 pm
I was in Lake Charles all last week and had to deal with ice for a couple of days.  SW Louisiana lost their minds over it...

I saw that on the news.  I bet they did lose their mind!
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

First step out of the bus was tough....

We don't rent pigs

weresoclose

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on February 02, 2014, 02:34:56 pm
I wish I was I dream of Jenny and could blink myself to a Hot Island....I would lay in the sun all day and love every minute of it!   Stop Old Man Winter!  Please? :)

NWA needs a good, hard, winter.    Keeps the nasty bugs in check.....   I'd take 4 evenly metered seasons you all have over the two seasons I get in DFW, "hot", & "hell"....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)