Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joshua Harris

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 01, 2014, 10:52:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsOfAnarchy

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1543071/highlights/125785375?autoplay=1

He's going to walk on at the university of arkansas. Highlight tape makes him look like a stud. Happy to have him. #wps

Hogeration

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 01, 2014, 10:52:54 pm

He's going to walk on at the university of arkansas. Highlight tape makes him look like a stud. Happy to have him. #wps
No kidding.  Guy can hit.

bobcat ball

Dude brings the wood!!! Nice pick-up
WOO PIG

rzrbackramsfan

Does anybody think Zach wary is better than this guy? I just don't understand recruiting setes.  Excited about this guy.  Is he from lr central?

YouCrawl_IQuall

I predict he'll have a scholarship eventually

HoggusMaximus

CBB wanted a walk on program, well I think he just started one hell of a walk on program this year.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: mbcarnett on February 01, 2014, 10:52:54 pm

Looks like a stud turnover producer!

Quick and has a nose for the ball.

Nice pick up for a walk-on.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Welcome Joshua Harris!! Glad to have you as a HOG!  :razorback:

bobcat ball

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 01, 2014, 11:13:41 pm
Does anybody think Zach wary is better than this guy? I just don't understand recruiting setes.  Excited about this guy.  Is he from lr central?

Watson Chapel
WOO PIG

NLRHog92

My mom went to Watson Chapel back in the day. This guy is just a player! He attacks the ballcarrier, hits hard, wraps up and made some great interceptions. His knack for knowing where to be and play recognition looked superior! Anyone know his measurables?

bobcat ball

February 02, 2014, 12:58:40 am #10 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:27:43 am by bobcat ball
Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 02, 2014, 12:28:56 am
My mom went to Watson Chapel back in the day. This guy is just a player! He attacks the ballcarrier, hits hard, wraps up and made some great interceptions. His knack for knowing where to be and play recognition looked superior! Anyone know his measurables?

Not sure his measurables. He looks to have good size on the film and really has a nose for the ball and a way with forcing turnovers
WOO PIG

plumbhog

5' 11" 210 lbs  4.78 40 mlb
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 01, 2014, 11:13:41 pm

Pine Bluff.. Watson Chapel
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rlreev01

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 02, 2014, 12:28:56 am

I am saying this in a joking manner and not trying be like some of these A holes on this site but, what does your Mom's having attended have to do with the recruit unless he played there when she was there and that brings up a whole other set of questions.

online-with-swine

Everyone remember how the Honey Badger always seemed to be at the right place at the right time?  Always getting a turnover, creating a fumble or an interception.  Harris' highlight video is him causing turnover after turnover.  Some people just have a knack for it and it looks like he does.

3kgthog

Dang . I thought this was a thread about the dude from Deadliest Catch. My bad.

Hog on the Hill

I'm pretty sure this kid is Jackie Harris's son.  He's a former NFL TE who is from Pine Bluff.  Played for 12 years.

Jackie Harris lives in Pine Bluff now and has a son named Joshua.

If true, I'm guessing Joshua is a high character kid.  Jackie became a lawyer after his NFL career and was appointed Jefferson County attorney a while back.  He also mentors youth organizations and owns (or at least used to own) some Christian radio stations.

I'm not from the area and don't know the family, but this is what I was able to learn from Google.

The NewEra

After seeing his highlights it's hard to believe the kid won't eventually play at the UofA on scholarship.  A serious turnover machine.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Wow!  That kid will make our team better.  Even if he's just doing scout team early in his college career.  He has a nose for the ball and true LB instincts.  A player that could get on the field possibly on defense and definently on special teams.

aar0n

VERY nice addition via the walk on program.  I have no doubt he'd be a 3 star if the recruiting services had been paying attention.  That just goes to show that there are some major chinks in their armor when it comes to evaluating these kids from small schools in uncommon grounds.

GEO-HOG

Kid looks good.  Glad we will be finally getting a solid walk-on player.  It can be just as hard to convince kids to walk-on as it is to recruit for a full-scholarship offer.  These walk-ons will help our scout team improve

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: plumbhog on February 02, 2014, 01:03:45 am
5' 11" 210 lbs  4.78 40 mlb

Couple years in the weight room...could be Kiero Small 2.0

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to The Hogs Mr. Harris.

" GO HOGS "

RazorBassin

This is one of the best hudl films I have seen.  He is on the ball faster than any LBers film I have seen this year.  GREAT pick up and have no doubts he will contribute soon at Arkansas. 

Dirty

redneckfriend

Short and slow are the reasons he isn't a high level recruit. In his favor from the film: he seems to have good hands and instinct for the ball. He would probably have to be able to bulk up a lot, perhaps 30lbs, and play MLB.  He seems a little slow and way too short to be an SEC outside linebacker and have coverage responsibilities on the monster athletes who play tight end and running back in the league.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Quote from: redneckfriend on February 02, 2014, 11:44:04 am
Short and slow are the reasons he isn't a high level recruit. In his favor from the film: he seems to have good hands and instinct for the ball. He would probably have to be able to bulk up a lot, perhaps 30lbs, and play MLB.  He seems a little slow and way too short to be an SEC outside linebacker and have coverage responsibilities on the monster athletes who play tight end and running back in the league.

Jerico Nelson was 5'10. granted he doesn't have the speed Jerico did

Hog on the Hill

He should be able to contribute on ST, at least.  Will be curious to see if they bulk him up for FB.

ckhawgu

Dude is no doubt a football player! My old highschool & LB was my position as well... WPS!!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 02, 2014, 09:11:35 am
I'm pretty sure this kid is Jackie Harris's son.  He's a former NFL TE who is from Pine Bluff.  Played for 12 years.

Jackie Harris lives in Pine Bluff now and has a son named Joshua.

If true, I'm guessing Joshua is a high character kid.  Jackie became a lawyer after his NFL career and was appointed Jefferson County attorney a while back.  He also mentors youth organizations and owns (or at least used to own) some Christian radio stations.

I'm not from the area and don't know the family, but this is what I was able to learn from Google.

If this is his son then maybe he isn't finished maturing yet.  Harris wasn't highly recruited and was a late bloomer that played at ULM back in the mid eighties.  Who knows in a couple of years he may be 6-1 240 and even if he is at the very least this is the type of football player you want who can be a scout team and possibly special teams demon

plumbhog

Mike Singeltary was 6' 230 lbs.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

NLRHog92

Quote from: rlreev01 on February 02, 2014, 08:22:55 am
I am saying this in a joking manner and not trying be like some of these A holes on this site but, what does your Mom's having attended have to do with the recruit unless he played there when she was there and that brings up a whole other set of questions.

Just trying to make simple conversation on an otherwise negative board. I still talked about the recruit, that is why I replied. It was a simple hook that lead into what I was saying...

pigture perfect

I just tend to believe that we got this young man because the scouting services don't look at Arkansas kids as thouroughly as in surrounding states. This guy can play at a high level and I hope he uses it as motivation.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

plumbhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 02, 2014, 02:07:00 pm
I just tend to believe that we got this young man because the scouting services don't look at Arkansas kids as thouroughly as in surrounding states. This guy can play at a high level and I hope he uses it as motivation.
I would say Shannon has a big smile on his face about this one.

Cure

Glad the university is getting in southern Arkansas again.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

NLRHog92

Here is a personal statement I found from Joshua

I am a 2014 graduate from Watson Chapel High School in Pine Bluff. I plan on going to a Division 1 college to play football and majoring in business and finance. My dad, who played in the NFL for 12 years, has inspired me to play football at the next level. People may say I'm not capable of playing at the next level but it just pushes me even harder to be successful.

Man I'm glad to have this kid and think he can develop into the next Olajabutu! Also, measurable listed him at 6' and 200 lbs. I'd say between 5'10 maybe 5'11 and he is probably getting close to 200.

Piggfoot

I just saw a Chapel 9th grader 6'2" --205 lineman with good growth potential--Mother is a nice sized lady. He said Harris was about his size.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: qdoc on February 18, 2014, 04:14:59 pm
I just saw a Chapel 9th grader 6'2" --205 lineman with good growth potential--Mother is a nice sized lady. He said Harris was about his size.

Same as the kid, or his Mom??

TexasRazorback

I like how this walk on program is starting to shape up.

COCHISE

The :54 second mark made me giggle.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2014, 04:17:30 pm
Same as the kid, or his Mom??
The kid. Wasn't clear about that was I? But the Mom was about 6' and I shall not discuss her weight.

ricepig

Quote from: qdoc on February 18, 2014, 05:19:22 pm
The kid. Wasn't clear about that was I? But the Mom was about 6' and I shall not discuss her weight.

Nah, you were, just wonder what her reaction would be if she knew you said that, haha.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2014, 05:28:56 pm
Nah, you were, just wonder what her reaction would be if she knew you said that, haha.

Well I don't know if you ever met Willie Roaf's mom but Willie was having trouble getting a scholarship until the Lousiana recruiter met her and his dad Clifton. It seems the mom's size is as much of a predictor of a kid's growth as is his dad's

SemperFi

There has got to be a reason why he doesn't have a scholarship. Nobody plays like that and goes unnoticed. I watched a ton of highlights this past year on kids that we were recruiting at LB and he is every bit as good in his highlights as Jimmie Swain or Sharief Rhaheed looked. The walk on program that CBB is building is going to payoff huge in the near future.

Welcome to the family Joshua Harris! WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ricepig

Quote from: qdoc on February 18, 2014, 05:48:29 pm
Well I don't know if you ever met Willie Roaf's mom but Willie was having trouble getting a scholarship until the Lousiana recruiter met her and his dad Clifton. It seems the mom's size is as much of a predictor of a kid's growth as is his dad's

Never met her, but I knew who she was.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on February 02, 2014, 11:50:53 am
Jerico Nelson was 5'10. granted he doesn't have the speed Jerico did

Doesn't Jerico have a souvenir Barner helmet?

acey33

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 02, 2014, 02:40:50 pm
Here is a personal statement I found from Joshua

I am a 2014 graduate from Watson Chapel High School in Pine Bluff. I plan on going to a Division 1 college to play football and majoring in business and finance. My dad, who played in the NFL for 12 years, has inspired me to play football at the next level. People may say I'm not capable of playing at the next level but it just pushes me even harder to be successful.

Man I'm glad to have this kid and think he can develop into the next Olajabutu! Also, measurable listed him at 6' and 200 lbs. I'd say between 5'10 maybe 5'11 and he is probably getting close to 200.

Were glad to have you Joshua and with hard work, motivation I can see him getting on the field next year playing special teams...Gain some weight and playing MLB in the future...WPS

Dominicanhog

Agree it would take 30 lbs and in the middle would be his best spot... he is young and could grow a lot... his instincts looked really good, his first couple of steps are very quick and he likes to hit... never know how much heart is in the dog... like him as a walk on, not going to crown him Hogville AA, but I would not be surprised if we did hear from him again... looks a lot like Sam Olubujuto sp..