Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

La'Michael Pettway of Nashville

Started by ml2200, February 01, 2014, 01:18:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ml2200

offered by Bama.  Already holds offers from Nebraska and Ole Miss I believe.  I don't think we have to be the first offer, but what's the hold up?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CDBHawg

Been saying for weeks that he needs an offer.

Razorpigg

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 01, 2014, 01:22:30 pm
Been saying for weeks that he needs an offer.

This.  We can't slow play in state recruits just because they are Arkansas kids.  If he is good enough for Bama he has to be good enough for us as well wouldn't ya think?

Bubba's Bruisers

So he's a WR...go get 'em.  and it's not as if Hill is all Hog. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ml2200

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:25:47 pm
So he's a WR...go get 'em.  and it's not as if Hill is all Hog. 

We need both of those guys. 

secneahog

I think at this point we shouldn't question this staffs recruiting methods.

Hold up is for a reason.  Just have to wait it out.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

lefty08

people still doubting this staff knows what they r doing? Arkansas doesn't offer until they see a recruit in person at camps, im pretty sure its always been that way
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ml2200

I'm not doubting them...it's just a question.  Relax.  I trust the staff.

ml2200

Quote from: lefty08 on February 01, 2014, 01:32:51 pm
people still doubting this staff knows what they r doing? Arkansas doesn't offer until they see a recruit in person at camps, im pretty sure its always been that way

We offer hundreds of kids each year.  They don't all come to camp.

bhavesj92

I think Pettway will get an offer in the coming days, just like how Ty did.  Just because they offered first doesnt mean we have no shot. 

secneahog

Quote from: ml2200 on February 01, 2014, 01:38:20 pm

Not all offers are 100% commit able offer.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ml2200 on February 01, 2014, 01:32:08 pm
We need both of those guys. 

Maybe so.  I do like seeing us getting SEC level WR's to play for BB.  The sooner he can shed the misguided perception of him only running a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense, the better.

What are Pettway's measurables?

secneahog

Quote from: ml2200 on February 01, 2014, 01:37:38 pm
I'm not doubting them...it's just a question.  Relax.  I trust the staff.

It wasn't you the comments was directed to. It was razorpigg

Bubba's Bruisers

Arkansas doesn't offer until they see a recruit in person at camps, im pretty sure its always been that way

This is a tired, incorrect argument.  That said, the staff is doing fine.

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:40:09 pm
Maybe so.  I do like seeing us getting SEC level WR's to play for BB.  The sooner he can shed the misguided perception of him only running a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense, the better.

What are Pettway's measurables?

I believe he's 6'2 200 maybe.  He looks big on film. His hands, feet. Looks like he can grow a Lil still.

I think getting Edwards, maybe jojo is showing were headed in the right direction. 

Razorpigg

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2014, 01:41:07 pm
It wasn't you the comments was directed to. It was razorpigg

Well... At some point we are going to have to be the 1st to offer our in state kids instead of waiting until other programs, such as Bama, do.  I am NOT questioning this staff's ability to recruit just pointing out the obvious. Should have known when you do that on HV someone would see it different.

Bubba's Bruisers

Does anybody know if Pettway is a Hog fan? 

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:42:15 pm
This is a tired, incorrect argument.  That said, the staff is doing fine.

I'm pretty sure any instate kid has to be evaluated. Don't know how much Ty was evaluated, but I'd bet he was.

secneahog

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 01, 2014, 01:43:32 pm
Well... At some point we are going to have to be the 1st to offer our in state kids instead of waiting until other programs, such as Bama, do.  I am NOT questioning this staff's ability to recruit just pointing out the obvious. Should have known when you do that on HV someone would see it different.

Your correct.  I do see it differently.  What's the issue with that?.. HV forum. 

Even Bielema said just because Auburn comes in an offers a instate kid first doesn't mean we have to jump on it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2014, 01:43:16 pm
I believe he's 6'2 200 maybe.  He looks big on film. His hands, feet. Looks like he can grow a Lil still.

I think getting Edwards, maybe jojo is showing were headed in the right direction. 

And probably still growing.  Every year, we need 1 big WR like Childs and 1 quick shifty type WR like Adams.  Maybe this year that's Edwards and JoJo.

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:43:33 pm
Does anybody know if Pettway is a Hog fan?

I bet the twitter people knows that. No clue here.

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:48:02 pm
And probably still growing.  Every year, we need 1 big WR like Childs and 1 quick shifty type WR like Adams.  Maybe this year that's Edwards and JoJo.

Yep. We could see that with him and kj hill.
Still curious on Drew Morgan's 2nd year. Big hopes for him.

ricepig

Wrong, we make tons of offers to out of state kids without watching them in camps.

lefty08

Quote from: ml2200 on February 01, 2014, 01:38:20 pm
correct, but in-state kids do
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2014, 01:45:39 pm
I'm pretty sure any instate kid has to be evaluated. Don't know how much Ty was evaluated, but I'd bet he was.

I assume you mean evaluated at camp.  Maybe so, but the poster didn't specify the location of the player's residence.

secneahog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2014, 01:50:18 pm
Wrong, we make tons of offers to out of state kids without watching them in camps.

Do you think out of those offers every single one of them are commit able offers?..

jjdlc

One thing this staff has made clear, they aren't going to rush into things.  It should help keep us from making some mistakes in evaluation.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 01, 2014, 01:24:02 pm
This.  We can't slow play in state recruits just because they are Arkansas kids.  If he is good enough for Bama he has to be good enough for us as well wouldn't ya think?

Bama can afford to give conditional offers in Arkansas, we can't. I would assume an offer is coming shortly, don't we have a Jr day type thing on Feb 22?

secneahog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:52:39 pm
I assume you mean evaluated at camp.  Maybe so, but the poster didn't specify the location of the player's residence.

Right.  But he's talking about a instate kid. So that is why I said that.

ml2200

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2014, 01:53:10 pm
Do you think out of those offers every single one of them are commit able offers?..

I don't think we make too many offers to juniors in high school that are non-committable

Prestworthy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2014, 01:48:02 pm
He has a baby face! I would've thought he was 13.  This kid will probably grow more and has a lot of football in front of him.  Maybe Sam Pittman can pay him a visit.
http://247sports.com/Player/LaMichael-Pettway-23768

Prestworthy

Quote from: Prestworthy on February 01, 2014, 01:58:01 pm
He has a baby face! I would've thought he was 13.  This kid will probably grow more and has a lot of football in front of him.  Maybe Sam Pittman can pay him a visit.
http://247sports.com/Player/LaMichael-Pettway-23768
Has a nasty stiff arm too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9BC6hkQNI

Music City Hog

So Gragg, Hill, and Pettway are all in Tuscaloosa right now.   That doesn't make me feel warm and cozy. 

Razorpigg

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 01, 2014, 02:04:30 pm
So Gragg, Hill, and Pettway are all in Tuscaloosa right now.   That doesn't make me feel warm and cozy.

I concur.

GEO-HOG

Ha there's already a crystal ball pick for Bama.  Wish the coaches would start to get on these kids hardcore.  CBB needs to be frequenting Pine Bluff for Gragg.  This is a year we have plenty in state kids and I hope they attack recruiting more than just sending Lunney to see them. 

ricepig

Quote from: GEO-HOG on February 01, 2014, 02:09:29 pm
Ha there's already a crystal ball pick for Bama.  Wish the coaches would start to get on these kids hardcore.  CBB needs to be frequenting Pine Bluff for Gragg.  This is a year we have plenty in state kids and I hope they attack recruiting more than just sending Lunney to see them. 

He and Lunney were there two weeks ago.

ricepig

Just getting their stars at a higher level. The kids are going to check everything out, we are going to do everything legally possible to get them, what happens, happens.

HogsOfAnarchy

WHere can u find a list of the 2015 offers from arkansas

HogsOfAnarchy

I'm sure he will after this years signing day. Still trying to get kids on board for 2014

jabohog

Quote from: Prestworthy on February 01, 2014, 02:01:25 pm
Has a nasty stiff arm too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9BC6hkQNI
Didn't notice the Ashdown game in any of the highlights. They pretty much shut him down.

hollywood hog

W T F   >:(

HOGINTENNESSEE

ricepig

Yep, Bama is having their Jr Day, we'll have ours.

Rocket23

Pettway used to live in Alabama.  Pittman and then Chaney have both been to see Pettway twice in the last week.  Plays guard for the basketball team - goodlooking athlete with nice hops. Had a good on-court demeanor.  I officiated his game the other night.  I told him if he would commit to the Hogs right then, I wouldnt call any fouls on him.  Didn't work.  But carried himself well.

aar0n

redeye

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 01, 2014, 01:24:02 pm

So, we should just automatically offer every player that Alabama offers and change our offense/defense to match?

No, I don't see it that way.  Pettway will probably receive an offer, but I'm sure there's a good reason why we haven't extended one, yet.  Then again, we may never extend one, he may sign with Alabama, and we may consider ourselves "lucky" 2 years down the road.  I have no idea, but I'm not going to criticize our coaches, merely because they haven't offered an instate recruit, who already has offers from other big schools.

Having said that, I hope we offer Pettway, he accepts and becomes an All-American at Arkansas.

Bubba's Bruisers

TeedupHigh

This Staff just don't understand recruiting!  They seem to be spending to much time in Florida, Minnesota, Louisiana, Georgia, all those states that we have no chance to get kids from!!  Why they spend so much time out of state is crazy!  They just don't get it.  Maybe you should make phone call to Bret and Pittman and get them straighten out!!   LOL AND Smh  sarcasm