Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's February the 1st. Shannon is now free from any ties to Miami

Started by The NewEra, February 01, 2014, 07:46:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: grayhawg on February 01, 2014, 08:26:28 am
Could the new DC hold that title at another school and staying on until recruits sign? I have no idea just throwing it out there..
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

hog_fan

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hog_fan on February 01, 2014, 01:12:13 pm
I don't see waiting on Odom or an unemployed Smith.
Shannon is the DC.

Odom MAY be the DC-in-waiting when Shannon moves to a head coaching position in the next season or two.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on February 01, 2014, 12:17:36 pm
Yup. CBB was able to use all of the in home visits that Ash and Patridge would have had. If we hired another coach then CBB wouldn't have been able to go on all those visits due to rules but by waiting to hire another coach this long then CBB gets all those visits. That's why it's smart for him to wait so long to hire another so he can be out there recruiting

Speculation. I've seen it said myself. And I read an article about les miles trying to do something similar. But it's been pointed out that no where in the rules does it say that this situation gives the head coach more visits.

Athog

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on February 01, 2014, 09:17:03 am
Coaching search and football scoop don't know what Bielema is going to do.

He keeps things close to the vest.

They know about SS much as Hogville!

Hognspace

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 01, 2014, 12:57:43 pm
Oh good grief people.  It is Shannon and the recruits who need to know do know.

That amounts to 2 recruits who "haven't" made a decision yet.

Stop trying to stir up crap where it doesn't need to be stirred.

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 01, 2014, 11:07:50 am
just my thoughts . we are trying to recruit hard to the defensive side of the ball . this way CBB , Shannon and Seagrest and Taver can all be out recruiting at the same time

You can have 7 coaches out at one time, doesn't matter who they are.

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2014, 02:54:19 pm
You can have 7 coaches out at one time, doesn't matter who they are.

11.7.2 Football Bowl Subdivision - There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

9 coaches.

hog_fan

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 01, 2014, 03:30:12 pm

11.7.2 Football Bowl Subdivision - There shall be a limit of one head coach, nine assistant coaches and two graduate assistant coaches who may be employed by an institution in bowl subdivision football.

9 coaches.

Only 7 can be out recruiting though.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 01, 2014, 12:53:03 pm
What if we already have our full staff on campus?

What if THIS guy is going to be our new secondary coach?
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=187223

RS has DC and I bet that Allen was promised a chance to get back on the field at some point.

Just a thought.  If it is true that without hiring a DC Bielema can make all those visits, then why announce the new positions until after signing day...especially if you already have your full staff on campus.

Just a thought.
No thanks. I would rather have Aaron Henry as the new safeties coach
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

root_hawg

Last I heard was that it wasn't going to be announced till after the NSD

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 01, 2014, 08:23:43 am
Still think it's RS. But won't be announced until NSD. Probably early in the day.
Why? What's the point of waiting until then?

Don't know why it surprises me. We are talking about the Guy who calls 1 fake punt a game with the slowest running punter in the history of college football.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ChargerHog on February 01, 2014, 10:16:27 pm
Why? What's the point of waiting until then?

Don't know why it surprises me. We are talking about the Guy who calls 1 fake punt a game with the slowest running punter in the history of college football.

Probably a reason somewhere for some reason that I'll never know.... It's been so quiet on rumors that unless it's a coach in the Super Bowl it has to be someone close... And the Super Bowl thing doesn't make any sense so.......

We'll all have guesses... Mine is just RS and yes I'm a little biased... He's a good coach and recruiter, would like to keep him here for a bit and that would help
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

RS has DC and I bet that Allen was promised a chance to get back on the field at some point.

Just a thought.  If it is true that without hiring a DC Bielema can make all those visits, then why announce the new positions until after signing day...especially if you already have your full staff on campus.

Just a thought.

Boom...didn't even think about that.... He was the DC when we held Tejas to negative rushing yards in the Cotton Bowl.... Interesting

East TN HAWG

Never thought about Allen going back to the field.  I can't say that I'm opposed.  He is a good coach, but I don't remember him lighting up the recruiting trail.  I would like to see an awaome recruiter from TX, La or FL.

Hawg Life

MuskogeeHogFan

Just a thought.

Since we enter a "Dead Period" tonight at midnight that runs up to signing day:

02-03-14 thru 02-06-14 Dead Period

Dead Period:
The college coach cannot make in-person contact with you or your legal guardians. This prevents the coach from making any evaluations of you whatsoever. However, the coach can make telephone calls to you or your legal guardians.

There will be no more in-home visits, so if your theory is true Ched, and since we are past the January 31st date (relevant to Shannon), and Bielema won't need to make any more in-home visits, why not go ahead and announce the new DC and Allen's move to the Secondary tomorrow, instead of waiting until after signing day? It could soldify current committments (or kids on the fence) or possibly add late committments.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbkred

Or, our new DC is coaching in his last NFL game today. Just a thought.

root_hawg

Or maybe its calculated so that its a splash on ESPN the day before signing day

razorjacket43

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 01, 2014, 12:58:42 pm
Wow, you are an idiot.
Wow and you must be special individual yourself. +1 for thinking so hard on what name to call me. It still doesn't change my overall opinion of the situation, but lowers my opinion of you. HV is full of keyboard tuff guys that know it all.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

Großer Kriegschwein

root_hawg

Don't know if it would be enough of a splash to sway some kids if it is indeed RS but if it is a high profile asst coach somewhere else then who knows?

Lake City Hog

Have any of you ever considered that maybe Shannon is completely happy as a Line Backer coach? Maybe the stress and uncertainty of being a Head Coach or even a Coordinator is not for him. Maybe being a very good position coach suits him to a T?

Some guys want to be Head Coaches and find out that they aren't, some guys want to be Head Coaches and find out that they can be but just not 1 of the best and then some guys ARE Head Coaches.

Pittman strikes me as a guy that knows that he is one of the best position coaches and is happy within that. Shannon may have discovered that his happiness and his family is more important than a title. If he can continue to recruit Florida and can really impact or linebacking money will not be a problem for him.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: lchog on February 02, 2014, 12:42:30 pm
Have any of you ever considered that maybe Shannon is completely happy as a Line Backer coach? Maybe the stress and uncertainty of being a Head Coach or even a Coordinator is not for him. Maybe being a very good position coach suits him to a T?

Some guys want to be Head Coaches and find out that they aren't, some guys want to be Head Coaches and find out that they can be but just not 1 of the best and then some guys ARE Head Coaches.

Pittman strikes me as a guy that knows that he is one of the best position coaches and is happy within that. Shannon may have discovered that his happiness and his family is more important than a title. If he can continue to recruit Florida and can really impact or linebacking money will not be a problem for him.

It's a possibility. I suppose we'll find out now that his Miami buyout is over. We'll be fine either way.

root_hawg

I just wished that we would find out one way or the other pretty sooon

GlassofSwine

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on February 01, 2014, 10:46:54 am
Ok. Can we list some logical ones?

How about we list some logical reasons why we would have a contract with a guy at another school and allow him to continue to help that school instead of Arkansas?

Hawg Life

Quote from: lchog on February 02, 2014, 12:42:30 pm

He'll get a title either Asst. HC or DC..

Hawg Life

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 02, 2014, 01:43:11 pm
How about we list some logical reasons why we would have a contract with a guy at another school and allow him to continue to help that school instead of Arkansas?

It's not a conflict of interest as we don't play and we are in a different conference.. His job here will start the day he arrives until then he's a member of another staff..

wachhog

Quote from: rzrbkred on February 02, 2014, 06:59:32 am
Or, our new DC is coaching in his last NFL game today. Just a thought.
Gee, John Fox will be our new DC?  How exciting!

swinesation

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 02, 2014, 01:43:20 pm
He'll get a title either Asst. HC or DC..

And a pay raise no doubt. I'm beginning to wonder if Shannon is going to be Assistant HC and Odom DC. Shannon could also serve as a bit of a mentor to the youngster Odom, then move on to a likely HC opportunity next year.

That's not what I want - I'd hate losing Shannon's recruiting prowess - but I still think he would have been announced if he is the guy.

Hawg Life

Quote from: swinesation on February 02, 2014, 01:59:06 pm
And a pay raise no doubt. I'm beginning to wonder if Shannon is going to be Assistant HC and Odom DC. Shannon could also serve as a bit of a mentor to the youngster Odom, then move on to a likely HC opportunity next year.

That's not what I want - I'd hate losing Shannon's recruiting prowess - but I still think he would have been announced if he is the guy.

If I had to bet I'd bet you were right.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: swinesation on February 02, 2014, 01:59:06 pm

This was basically what happened at SC when Ellis Johnson was there.  Johnson was the Assistant HC - Defense.  He was in charge of running the defense.  Lorenzo Ward was given the title of Defensive Coordinator.  Odom gets the title so it's still viewed as a step up but Shannon is the one actually in charge and gets the boost in pay.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Hawg Life on February 02, 2014, 01:45:27 pm
It's not a conflict of interest as we don't play and we are in a different conference.. His job here will start the day he arrives until then he's a member of another staff..

If we hired someone who could help us in recruiting than it is a conflict of interest towards Arkansas. You don't hire someone to help you and than say go ahead and spend the last and most important week of recruiting working for someone else.

Hawg Life

Quote from: GlassofSwine on February 02, 2014, 02:19:21 pm
  If we hired someone who could help us in recruiting than it is a conflict of interest towards Arkansas. You don't hire someone to help you and than say go ahead and spend the last and most important week of recruiting working for someone else.

If his boss thought he had it handled and had 7 coaches who had already been recruiting.. Follow the commits & offers and I think we have an answer.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: FBREW000 on February 01, 2014, 12:44:55 pm
how about another clink in the armor...

Who are the Defensive coaches for the Seahawks and Broncos...

LOLOLOL!
You mean for the Seahawks  ;)

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I don't understand why Randy Shannon has not been announced as DC the second Ash left.  It's a no brainer.

Can someone explain to me why?  I may be out of the loop.  He was a great DC and head coach for Miami and he is a position coach at Arkansas.  I'm sure he will be announced but what is the hold up?

LZH

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on February 03, 2014, 03:13:04 pm
I don't understand why Randy Shannon has not been announced as DC the second Ash left.  It's a no brainer.

Can someone explain to me why?  I may be out of the loop.  He was a great DC and head coach for Miami and he is a position coach at Arkansas.  I'm sure he will be announced but what is the hold up?

It's in several threads.  Has to do with his buyout money from Miami and agreeing not to take a DC or HC position until 2-1-14.

toshortrock

U guys best hope Coach B names Randy DC,,if not and Randy hits the road,enough said
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 03, 2014, 03:34:36 pm
It's in several threads.  Has to do with his buyout money from Miami and agreeing not to take a DC or HC position until 2-1-14.

oh ok thanks

goodguytex

I'm going to guess that the reason the new DC hasn't been announced yet is because Bielema and the new DC don't want to take the limelight awY from our recruiting class and the kids who are going to be the future and hope for rebuilding our football program.

I also think the new DC will be Shannon. But Bielema might just want to let the kids have their day and not have to share the stage. Then day after announce Shannon and a new safeties coach. Either Bobby Allen or odom or whoever it is.