Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's February the 1st. Shannon is now free from any ties to Miami

Started by The NewEra, February 01, 2014, 07:46:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

It will be interesting to see Coach B's game plan unfold.  When will the new DC be announced?  Will it be today?  Will there be a new position coach announced soon?  Who?

We shall see!

BlackWater

i believe someone mention in another thread it will be announce after NSD

Großer Kriegschwein

Still think it's RS. But won't be announced until NSD. Probably early in the day.
This is my non-signature signature.

razorjacket43

One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

grayhawg

Could the new DC hold that title at another school and staying on until recruits sign? I have no idea just throwing it out there..

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: grayhawg on February 01, 2014, 08:26:28 am
Could the new DC hold that title at another school and staying on until recruits sign? I have no idea just throwing it out there..

That's the other side of the coin...

The NewEra

Quote from: BlackWater on February 01, 2014, 08:03:44 am
i believe someone mention in another thread it will be announce after NSD

I read that article and the writer quoted a source.  We know that no one has a source on Bielema's coaching searches based on the past, so I don't put any credence in that post.  You and I are just as likely to be right than that guy.

The NewEra

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The NewEra on February 01, 2014, 08:29:19 am
I haven't read that.  Where did coach B say that?

A source told Coaching Search that it will be after NSD about a week ago.

The NewEra

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 01, 2014, 08:30:38 am
He let out a statement that it will be after NSD about a week ago.

Are you sure it was him that said it, or was it that sports writer that said it and then quoted an unknown source?  If he said that and it was openly quoted then I sure missed it.

The NewEra

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 01, 2014, 08:30:38 am
A source told Coaching Search that it will be after NSD about a week ago.

I'm with you now.  I read that and I don't believe it.  I don't believe anyone has sources with Coach B.

southeasthog

This is the quote from coachingsearch that's being discussed.

Arkansas: Per source, expect Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema to wait until after National Signing Day to name a new defensive coordinator. Randy Shannon has emerged as a candidate, per source.

Boarcephus

I'm like about 99%+ of the posters on here who have no idea what it takes to be a top notch DC but unlike the vast majority of this 99% I'll admit I don't know.  What I do know is I hated how our defense looked last year and the strategy we employed.  I also know I'd heard of Randy Shannon and had never heard of Chris Ash before Blelema was hired.  I also wondered why he was toiling at TCU as a position coach when we hired him and now I know.  If it's Shannon, I'm all on board with the hire. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

razorjacket43

Quote from: The NewEra on February 01, 2014, 08:29:19 am
I haven't read that.  Where did coach B say that?
I read it on BR or one of the other sites that blow up my email day in and day out. The report said Coach B will announce after NSD. I would not bet the farm on anything I read about the Hogs and coaching hires unless it is after the deal has been done. IMHO I believe it will be RS or another in house man. The reason for me feeling that way is because none of the recruits seem to be concerned about who they will be playing for. From what I have read we haven't lost a recruit do to this either. My last statement may be wrong but I haven't seen anywhere that a recruit has backed out because of the situation.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

The NewEra

Quote from: razorjacket43 on February 01, 2014, 08:49:18 am
I read it on BR or one of the other sites that blow up my email day in and day out. The report said Coach B will announce after NSD. I would not bet the farm on anything I read about the Hogs and coaching hires unless it is after the deal has been done. IMHO I believe it will be RS or another in house man. The reason for me feeling that way is because none of the recruits seem to be concerned about who they will be playing for. From what I have read we haven't lost a recruit do to this either. My last statement may be wrong but I haven't seen anywhere that a recruit has backed out because of the situation.

I think you are spot on about the recruits.  Also, at one time Solomon Thomas said he needed to know who the coach would be.  Granted Segrest has come in, but we haven't heard that concern out of anyone since.  I have no idea what the recruits are being told, but whatever it is, it's working because it seems to be a non-issue with them.

The NewEra

Quote from: southeasthog on February 01, 2014, 08:43:43 am
This is the quote from coachingsearch that's being discussed.

Arkansas: Per source, expect Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema to wait until after National Signing Day to name a new defensive coordinator. Randy Shannon has emerged as a candidate, per source.

Thanks!  Yes, this is from the article I was saying I don't place any credence in.  Again, I just don't think anyone has sources close to Coach B.  He's been amazing at keeping secrets when he wants to and I've yet to see him use the media in this way.  No one has ever gotten his coaching search right, to date.

3BoarsDown

Coaching search and football scoop don't know what Bielema is going to do.

He keeps things close to the vest.

Break & Run

Coaching Search and Football Scoop has as many sources as we do
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

southeasthog

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on February 01, 2014, 09:17:03 am
Coaching search and football scoop don't know what Bielema is going to do.

He keeps things close to the vest.
Exactly.

Hognspace

I expect no announcement to be made until after signing day.  That way Miami will have zero arguments about the contract. And in addition coach B will be able to do the extra in home visits.

texas tush hog

No.

texas tush hog

Quote from: The NewEra on February 01, 2014, 08:35:00 am
I'm with you now.  I read that and I don't believe it.  I don't believe anyone has sources with Coach B.

You might want to ask Jen about that.

(notOM)Rebel123

This may have been covered, if so, sorry.
But, since CBB has not hired a DC, does that allow him to make more recruiting visits? Thus allowing both he & Shannon to be out on the recruiting trail?
Just curious.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

swinesation

That's what I keep getting abused for saying. If it's RS, it makes no sense to wait.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: swinesation on February 01, 2014, 10:09:59 am
That's what I keep getting abused for saying. If it's RS, it makes no sense to wait.

I agree with you 100% why would we announce Shannon after NSD. If we are convinced at this point that he is the DC than it would be today or Monday at the latest. There wouldn't be any reason to wait.

Hawg Life

If Shannon was going to be named DC it would seem they'd do this today. There may be more to the story.

Hognspace

Many reasons to wait.  You guys just like to create controversy where there is none.

ldfergu

Quote from: Hognspace on February 01, 2014, 10:34:32 am
Many reasons to wait.  You guys just like to create controversy where there is none.

Ok. Can we list some logical ones?

Sooie71923

There is no rush. We don't have to have a DC til spring ball.

jkstock04

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 01, 2014, 08:44:36 am
I'm like about 99%+ of the posters on here who have no idea what it takes to be a top notch DC but unlike the vast majority of this 99% I'll admit I don't know.  What I do know is I hated how our defense looked last year and the strategy we employed.  I also know I'd heard of Randy Shannon and had never heard of Chris Ash before Blelema was hired.  I also wondered why he was toiling at TCU as a position coach when we hired him and now I know.  If it's Shannon, I'm all on board with the hire. 
We haven't had a D coordinator worth a damn since Keith Burns in my opinion. I'm ready to see someone who employs more aggressive techniques.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

farmhawg

Quote from: Hognspace on February 01, 2014, 10:34:32 am
How many schools are going into signing day without a DC?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hog_fan

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on February 01, 2014, 10:46:54 am
Ok. Can we list some logical ones?

The focus is recruiting. Is a few more days a big deal? I seriously doubt the recruits are clueless.

Can you tell me why we wait on an unemployed Robb Smith or Odom who is at Memphis? I'm sure once it is announced we will hear more of the story. All the experts here said it would hurt recruiting.  Wrong.

hog_fan

Quote from: farmhawg on February 01, 2014, 10:55:22 am
How many schools are going into signing day without a DC?

Not sure any, but majority assume it's Shannon so if true we really have one. Again tell me why today vs Thursday matters? It's not hurting recruiting. It only matters because people are tired of waiting.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hog_fan on February 01, 2014, 10:59:08 am
The focus is recruiting. Is a few more days a big deal? I seriously doubt the recruits are clueless.

Can you tell me why we wait on an unemployed Robb Smith or Odom who is at Memphis? I'm sure once it is announced we will hear more of the story. All the experts here said it would hurt recruiting.  Wrong.

I agree, but timing is everything. You get a headline a little buzz and may be it will help a recruit that is 50/50 on becoming a Hog.

tophawg19

just my thoughts . we are trying to recruit hard to the defensive side of the ball . this way CBB , Shannon and Seagrest and Taver can all be out recruiting at the same time
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jkstock04

Quote from: hog_fan on February 01, 2014, 11:03:30 am
Not sure any, but majority assume it's Shannon so if true we really have one. Again tell me why today vs Thursday matters? It's not hurting recruiting. It only matters because people are tired of waiting.
How do you know for a fact it doesn't affect recruiting?

"Son, they don't even have a D coordinator....you don't know what kind of scheme they will run...they just aren't stable over there like we are here."

I can easily see something similar to this getting thrown around by someone recruiting against us.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GolfnHog

Quote from: swinesation on February 01, 2014, 10:09:59 am

Hell, it makes perfect sense. It keeps HV frothing and in 13 year old girl tizzy!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hog_fan

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 01, 2014, 11:09:13 am
How do you know for a fact it doesn't affect recruiting?

"Son, they don't even have a D coordinator....you don't know what kind of scheme they will run...they just aren't stable over there like we are here."

I can easily see something similar to this getting thrown around by someone recruiting against us.

We are getting d guys to committ. I don't think the coaches answered I don't know when asked. I think recruits have info they need. Just because it isn't official doesn't mean they don't know. You don't see the media mentioning it anymore. Everyone assumes Shannon. With coach being a defensive guy I don't see much change to scheme.

hog_fan

Shannon theory if true explains delay on Shannon.
No one has explained why wait for a coach from Memphis or wait for an unemployed coach.

Now if it was a DC from a bigger school I could understand waiting,  but not Memphis.

I think once announced details will come out.

razorjacket43

The defensive scheme will not change. It is Coach B's style, which RS just happens to know very well himself. This could be another reason Ash hit the door and went to ohidyo st. for less money and overall a drop in placement as well. from a dc to a co-dc.

YouCrawl_IQuall

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 01, 2014, 09:45:14 am
This may have been covered, if so, sorry.
But, since CBB has not hired a DC, does that allow him to make more recruiting visits? Thus allowing both he & Shannon to be out on the recruiting trail?
Just curious.

Yup. CBB was able to use all of the in home visits that Ash and Patridge would have had. If we hired another coach then CBB wouldn't have been able to go on all those visits due to rules but by waiting to hire another coach this long then CBB gets all those visits. That's why it's smart for him to wait so long to hire another so he can be out there recruiting

hoghiker

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on February 01, 2014, 12:17:36 pm
Yup. CBB was able to use all of the in home visits that Ash and Patridge would have had. If we hired another coach then CBB wouldn't have been able to go on all those visits due to rules but by waiting to hire another coach this long then CBB gets all those visits. That's why it's smart for him to wait so long to hire another so he can be out there recruiting
If this is true, makes lots of sense.

(notOM)Rebel123

Sounds like a well-planned strategy. Thanks for the clarification.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FBREW000

how about another clink in the armor...

Who are the Defensive coaches for the Seahawks and Broncos...

LOLOLOL!

Break & Run

Quote from: FBREW000 on February 01, 2014, 12:44:55 pm
how about another clink in the armor...

Who are the Defensive coaches for the Seahawks and Broncos...

LOLOLOL!

Jack Del Rio for DC!  ;)
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Ugly Uncle

I've heard this mentioned before and I hope that is true.
Retired Radio Host

Boarcephus

Quote from: razorjacket43 on February 01, 2014, 12:04:56 pm
The defensive scheme will not change. It is Coach B's style, which RS just happens to know very well himself. This could be another reason Ash hit the door and went to ohidyo st. for less money and overall a drop in placement as well. from a dc to a co-dc.

Ash jumped ship because he knew he was being exposed in the SEC as an average DC and average DC's don't get head coaching gigs.  He moved to OSU because the competition is weaker, he has UM to recruit for him and he'll get more credit than he deserves for defense that looks better on paper than it is thus leading to his chance to run a program where, IMHO, he will fail miserably. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Ugly Uncle

What if we already have our full staff on campus?

What if THIS guy is going to be our new secondary coach?
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=187223

RS has DC and I bet that Allen was promised a chance to get back on the field at some point.

Just a thought.  If it is true that without hiring a DC Bielema can make all those visits, then why announce the new positions until after signing day...especially if you already have your full staff on campus.

Just a thought.
Retired Radio Host

Boarcephus

Quote from: razorjacket43 on February 01, 2014, 12:04:56 pm

Ash jumped ship because he knew he was being exposed in the SEC as an average DC and average DC's don't get head coaching gigs.  He moved to OSU because the competition is weaker, he has UM to recruit for him and he'll get more credit than he deserves for defense that looks better on paper than it is thus leading to his chance to run a program where, IMHO, he will fail miserably. 

Deep Shoat

Oh good grief people.  It is Shannon and the recruits who need to know do know.

That amounts to 2 recruits who "haven't" made a decision yet.

Stop trying to stir up crap where it doesn't need to be stirred.
All Gas, No Brakes!