Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Missouri

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 28, 2014, 05:29:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

arkansaspanic

Just unacceptable to lose at home at this point.  That has been the only redeeming quality of this team over the past couple of years. 

Beaverfever

Every single team is tougher than us under the basket.  Why is that always the case?

Adam Stokes

Doesn't help that they've made their past 15 Ft's.

osumed14

Someone please tell me it's baseball season time!  I love mike to death but just don't watch this team and ever think man this is a well coached team.  Hard to say.

ICEman

This is Mike's 3rd year and he is actually starting to show a little regression.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

elkhog

These guys just can't shoot under pressure.  That always shows up last couple of minutes when close or down.
GO HOGS!!!

bpoecell

I can't wait to hear FCJs excuse tonight. Will it be the refs? Mike needs more players? Jeff Long? So many to choose from.

volkh

Jesus you guys make me sad to be a Razorback fan.  Go home and cry there not on here.
"Son, it's not how you play the game, but how drunk you get."

-Homer J. Simpson

ttrk05

Good effort madden.  Poor coaching cma.  When our only offense is jacking up threes.....

lookawayquick

Rebounding and valuing the basketball.  Hogs had an obvious advantage inside and didn't capitalize.  Poor execution

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

elksnort

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 28, 2014, 08:03:25 pm
Mizzou just put on a clinic on how to win on the road.  Watch some game film Mike.
Unfortunately, you are correct.

Atlhogfan1

27 3 pt attempts 

Two avg at best X's and O's coaches and Haith easily won this matchup.  Not only the drawn up 3's out of timeouts but Mike's switching to man after multiple possessions of zone had shut Mizzou down.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 28, 2014, 08:06:09 pm
Doesn't help that they've made their past 15 Ft's.

We foul a lot. They shoot a lot of free throws...not a good combo
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

TrueBlue

Can't continue to shoot 36-38% and win games.

Beaverfever

Quote from: arkansaspanic on January 28, 2014, 08:05:46 pm
Just unacceptable to lose at home at this point.  That has been the only redeeming quality of this team over the past couple of years. 
couple of years?  we're coming up on a couple of decades.

Rush Hog

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." - Homer Simpson

HamIAm

Rick and Chuck need to quit bringing up the free throw difference like thats why we lost.  With our style we are going to be shooting significantly fewer free throws most games. Meanwhile with a few seconds left  the stats showed Mizz hit 44% from the floor compared to our 37%. 46% 3 pt shooting compared to our 40%.  MIssouri is +17 rebounds

HamIAm

Nosboar Accubond

Razorbacks#1

Lost all connection with Hogville at the end so unable to complete the score updates. Very tough loss tonight.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

elksnort

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 28, 2014, 08:06:03 pm
Every single team is tougher than us under the basket.  Why is that always the case?
Ask the excuse making feminine tools on this board.

lookawayquick

Hogz87

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 28, 2014, 08:06:03 pm
Because most SEC teams have legit, full grown men, while we're playing with four perimeter players and/or undersized, slight bigs.

Nosboar Accubond

+17 rebounds is ridiculous given their size regardless of style

99toLife

You wanted Mike and we got Mike. NO NCAAT again this this year. Team has Talent and is young. Next year will be better.

hillhog

99toLife

Quote from: Hogz87 on January 28, 2014, 08:11:56 pm
Because most SEC teams have legit, full grown men, while we're playing with four perimeter players and/or undersized, slight bigs.

Who's fault is that?

PORKULATOR

Lots of quitters, losers and babies on the game thread today.
a) CMA hasnt shown regression
b) Misery did not put on a clinic, they got all the breaks
c) as far as toughness in the paint, we cant get away with what gets done to us
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

wupigsuey

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on January 28, 2014, 08:09:11 pm
D-bag wins! D-bag wins! D-bag wins! hahahahahahahaha

really, man? Glad you aren't a Hog fan. Way to represent. 
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

TheOtherColombia

Ha, I got a warning message about insulting people...wasn't I insulted first?  Wait, wrong crowd to ask that question.  Never mind.

TrueBlue

Serious question: What DO we do well?

It sure isn't rebounding, play-calling, execution, shooting %, FT %, ....

Oh, I remember. We lead the nation in SC Top 10 plays of the day...

wupigsuey

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on January 28, 2014, 08:10:53 pm
Lost all connection with Hogville at the end so unable to complete the score updates. Very tough loss tonight.

Yeah, I had a lot of "waiting on Hogville"

HamIAm

Quote from: PORKULATOR on January 28, 2014, 08:14:02 pm

b) Misery did not put on a clinic, they got all the breaks

Luck is the residue of design.  - Eddie Sutton among others

Sivad

alohawg

Quote from: Ben Swine on January 28, 2014, 08:12:04 pm
+17 rebounds is ridiculous given their size regardless of style

Number 1 difference in the game, period.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Beaverfever

Quote from: Hogz87 on January 28, 2014, 08:11:56 pm
It's never seem so clear after playing Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mizzou.  Those teams all have 3 guys going to war for the ball as soon as it comes off the rim.  We  just watch.  Kentucky plays alot of freshmen and were the most aggressive team I've seen.  It's just men against boys when it counts.

wupigsuey

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on January 28, 2014, 08:16:17 pm
Your fans started it.  I don't remember exactly who, but I believe POS d-bag was what was used to describe Haith.  I didn't say a word.  But yeah, if you are going to talk smack then get ready for it to come right back at you.  So sensitive...

I'm not sensitive about jack. I just try to act like I have a mama when I'm in somebody elses house. "They started it" lol

elksnort

I'm negative and fed up, but by God, Ky Madden is doing every damn thing he can to win.
Thanks Ky.   

HogFanatic

This is poor basketball.

Sorry, but it really is. I bet Anderson HATES giving these post game interviews by now.
Unacceptable. Mike, you still don't have a damn point guard or a big man who has actually dropped a pair.

Mike Anderson is failing Razorback Basketball. And it hurts me to say that.

TheOtherColombia

Quote from: wupigsuey on January 28, 2014, 08:18:27 pm
I'm not sensitive about jack. I just try to act like I have a mama when I'm in somebody elses house. "They started it" lol

Check my relatively short post history.  I am generally kind and not at all provocative in my posts.  But when to call a dude you don't know a POS d-bag is a little much.  So yeah I defended the guy and I don't really even care all that much for Haith. 

MemphisBossHog

Lets be real here.  Missou is the better team.  They are more mature, bigger, stronger and that usually wins.

But lets also be real, Haith is a true POS with his Malcolm X glasses and his arrogant punkish attitude. 

And for all the POS Tiger fans on here,  why keep bringing up Mike Anderson and all that? If he was so freakin bad, then you should be happy you have Malcolm X...errr I mean Frank Haith and his questionable ethics (see Miami Hurricanes) coaching your team. 

Every coach has a job that they deep down hope they can get, and Ark was that for Mike.  Im sure Malcolm X Haith has a job that he would leave Missouri for. And Im sure there is a coach that desperately wants to get the Missouri job and would leave wherever he is to get it, so just LEAVE IT ALONE.   Be happy Malcolm X Haith is your coach and you got rid of that bad bad Mike Anderson fella

Beaverfever

Quote from: elksnort on January 28, 2014, 08:18:37 pm
I'm negative and fed up, but by God, Ky Madden is doing every damn thing he can to win.
Thanks Ky.   
Even after that brutal loss I'd give him a standing O.  He still gets frazzled at the very end but he's turning into a monster right now.

HamIAm

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on January 28, 2014, 08:20:04 pm
Check my relatively short post history.  I am generally kind and not at all provocative in my posts.  But when to call a dude you don't know a POS d-bag is a little much.  So yeah I defended the guy and I don't really even care all that much for Haith. 

Yeah, they speak so well of Anderson over on the Mizzou boards

wupigsuey

Quote from: TheOtherColombia on January 28, 2014, 08:20:04 pm

Yeah I've heard all night how you don't like Haith but here we are, discussing how someone disrespected someone you claim to not like. Enjoyed the conversation tonight but I see what you are. Good game tonight. Hope we get you next time. see ya