Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Angry Divide

Started by Steef, January 27, 2014, 09:01:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: bigbadhog on February 03, 2014, 04:51:10 pm
I loved that he had a similar personality to NS.  That "don't EF with me or I will kill you" personality.  I can't think of a better one for a football coach to have.  It was also a bonus that it was so opposite to HDN.  I thought it was exactly what we needed...

Each player who leaves the Bama dressing room sees the sign:  "Make their a++ quit."
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Wants2Win on February 03, 2014, 01:33:18 pm
Acting as if the NFL isn't a big deal is silly. Are you just throwing out really general and vague statements? If a player feels coach A has a better chance than coach B of getting him to the next level...odds are they will choose coach A.

Good move, try to change the question when you find you don't have the correct answer. We were discussing the question as to whether kids care about whether their coaches care about them or not. What is it that is drawing some big time recruits to us? "It feels like home, like family." Plus, Bielema has a reputation for getting a lot of kids, especially linemen and RB's, to the next level.
Go Hogs Go!

wachhog

Quote from: Mick Hogger on February 03, 2014, 04:45:43 pm
I do miss knowing that every detail was coordinated and that the gameplanning was meticulous from an offensive point of view at least. But that unapproachable demeanor reminds me of Saban and how people in the department have been reprimanded/chastised for speaking to him. That's just beyond ridiculous. You're a football coach, not a deity.
When the folks in the department get to be head coaches, I will have some respect for them.  Until them there's 100 more just like 'em...last time I heard, winning football programs did not exist to serve underling staff.

Wants2Win

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 03, 2014, 05:04:21 pm
Good move, try to change the question when you find you don't have the correct answer. We were discussing the question as to whether kids care about whether their coaches care about them or not. What is it that is drawing some big time recruits to us? "It feels like home, like family." Plus, Bielema has a reputation for getting a lot of kids, especially linemen and RB's, to the next level.
That's great, but if it doesn't translate into success on the field it means nothing.

AF74Razorback

Quote from: Wants2Win on February 03, 2014, 06:54:40 pm
That's great, but if it doesn't translate into success on the field it means nothing.
Want2Win -   I know this much every decision I make is based upon your views.   
   Thanks!
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

Wants2Win

Quote from: AF74Razorback on February 03, 2014, 06:56:33 pm
Want2Win -   I know this much every decision I make is based upon your views.   
   Thanks!
I am flattered sir. Really, little people like you make it all worthwhile.

seasonhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2014, 03:48:18 pm
And what's whiffing by your brain is that despite the anecdotal stories you've heard...and are spreading...about players having their wittle fee-wings hurt by mean ol' coach, the man was winning football games. 

Actually, there's something else that you're missing, and that's that I don't give two balls of feces whether or not the players liked the coach.  They were ecstatic when that nice man John L. Smith was hired.  Look where that got us.

As for "projecting", why would I need to do that?  You're doing enough of it for both of us.  While I am discussing facts...what really did happen...you are guessing about what MIGHT have occurred if Petrino hadn't left.  The truth is that despite your Miss Cleo routine you don't know jack squat about would have happened. 

Finally...while you are spreading your nameless, faceless "players couldn't stand him and no one wanted to play for him" mantra, real life former players at Louisville were openly campaigning for the serial feelings hurter to be rehired by their alma mater.  They signed their names to their exhortations...guys like Michael Bush, Brian Brohm, and Elvis Dumervil.  Their words are out there for everyone to see, not anonymous or alleged.

Wilson yrs under mean BP & then his yr under clown Smith proves the point.
Wilson said BP call him names. So how was Wilson & the team last yr?

Is anyone here that has been to boot camp in the military how did that go?

I remember Lou Holtz grabbing a player face mask.

Players need to fear the head coach, we could use some fear in basketball at this time.

LZH

Quote from: seasonhog on February 03, 2014, 07:09:35 pm

Players need to fear the head coach, we could use some fear in basketball at this time.

Hell, our high school coaches did that.  If a kid can't take a coach jumping in his s*** and calling him out in front of everyone, he's not gonna make it anyway.

seasonhog

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 03, 2014, 07:12:20 pm
Hell, our high school coaches did that.  If a kid can't take a coach jumping in his s*** and calling him out in front of everyone, he's not gonna make it anyway.

+1

It wont be long before football will be tag with no score keep.

Our AD can paved the way to this change.

wachhog

After his NFL experience, wonder if Tyler's had any regrets that he didn't have the benefit of Bobby's coaching and discipline his final year?

opineonswine

Quote from: wachhog on February 03, 2014, 07:51:03 pm
After his NFL experience, wonder if Tyler's had any regrets that he didn't have the benefit of Bobby's coaching and discipline his final year?

Are you being serious?  That is so laughable it isn't.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: opineonswine on February 03, 2014, 07:51:56 pm

Whats not to be serious? You didnt see Tyler regress under JLS? surely you arent serious. His footwork went all to hell.

PRJ

wachhog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 03, 2014, 07:51:56 pm
Laughable because it is sooooooo obvious he could have done nothing but benefitted?

seasonhog

Quote from: wachhog on February 03, 2014, 07:51:03 pm

He would have been better off if CBP was his coach his senior yr.

The clown cost him.

hawgfan4life

Too many posts to read so sorry if I repeat something buried in the pages.  However, Hog fans are not unique to this fine skill nor did it start with HDN.  By the time Broyles retired, there was quite the number of fans that was sick and tired of three yards and a cloud of dust, quick kicks on third down, etc.  Good thing for Broyles back then was there was no internet or fax machines for that matter for the average fan to use.  It was call a phone number if you could get through or mail a letter.  Back then, fans simply didn't boo or yell at the coach from the stands unless you were a drunk or white trash or both.  If you think they were divided with HDN, should have sat through the Kenny Hatfield saga.  It was so great that Hatfield took a job at Clemson sight unseen.  That said, Hatfield did it after back to back SWC conference championships, cotton bowl appearances, and wins over and at Texas when few of any of those had been done the previous decade by Broyles or Holtz. 

Nope!  AR fans have been doing this for way longer than HDN.  It is part of our culture.

snoblind

Quote from: Hawgon on February 03, 2014, 04:28:40 pm
Well, then you'll understand why I get some amount of trepidation when recruits talk about how everyone hangs out together, coaches and players, at the coaches' houses and how everyone is "family" under BB.

In my experience you don't do business with family and those kinds of relationships never work all that well.  First, you can't crack the whip when you need to and second, there is resentment when and if you do.  Much better to be a dick to all and stress that the only purpose of the team is to win and that friendships aren't required for that.

You are right.  After all, it didn't work at all for Nolan in the early to mid 90's...  What was he and Rose thinking?

HoopS

I loved BP as our HC.  I won't judge what he did because we all make mistakes.   That said, I don't think that him being a "meanie" was the problem we would face had he remained.  Yes we *were* winning....BEFORE his incident(s).  The problem is that if he wanted to be all business and strict, follow the rules, yada yada, how would the team react to him after all of this crap?   Remember, all business.  Why would they buy into what he's selling when they've seen him exposed as a liar before the camera?   Had there been some semblance of "family", that could be overcome because people do want to forgive and move on.  But when you are a grade A jerk, and you screwed the pooch (or volleyball player), you may as well assume you will lose the respect from those guys who respected you as a professional. They would not buy into his "trust me" talks anymore. 

Just my opinion.

Wild Bill Hog

I'm sure the coaches in the NFL serve juice and cookies to all their players.  I'm sure CBB and his staff and players all sit around and sing Kumbyah by candlelight after every practice.

Mick Hogger

Quote from: wachhog on February 03, 2014, 05:21:50 pm
When the folks in the department get to be head coaches, I will have some respect for them.  Until them there's 100 more just like 'em...last time I heard, winning football programs did not exist to serve underling staff.

I'm not talking about them "serving" underlying staff, but just keep choosing to argue. It's what you're here for.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

superior_wang

Quote from: LedZepHog on February 03, 2014, 07:12:20 pm

our coaches did crap to us in freaking 9th grade football that would probably get them  prison time nowadays.

Hawgon

Quote from: snoblind on February 03, 2014, 11:25:21 pm
You are right.  After all, it didn't work at all for Nolan in the early to mid 90's...  What was he and Rose thinking?

And Nolan was a notorious hard ass.  There was not one player on his team who was not physically afraid of Nolan who didn't doubt for one minute that if he decided to, that Nolan could ACTUALLY whip his arse like a red headed stepchild right then and there.  When you have the kind of imposing presence that Nolan Richardson had, you can get away with a few things that don't work for others.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: superior_wang on February 04, 2014, 09:08:06 am
our coaches did crap to us in freaking 9th grade football that would probably get them  prison time nowadays.

and roger.... that was where I learned to puke on command... helpful attribute when you know you probably will, but don't want to get extra laps to taking too much time
This is my non-signature signature.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Hawgon on February 04, 2014, 12:00:41 pm
And Nolan was a notorious hard ass.  There was not one player on his team who was not physically afraid of Nolan who didn't doubt for one minute that if he decided to, that Nolan could ACTUALLY whip his arse like a red headed stepchild right then and there.  When you have the kind of imposing presence that Nolan Richardson had, you can get away with a few things that don't work for others.

You must agree that besides personal preference, one size does not fit all.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: StevenW1976 on February 04, 2014, 12:09:31 pm
and roger.... that was where I learned to puke on command... helpful attribute when you know you probably will, but don't want to get extra laps to taking too much time

Always hit the doors and don't puke on the floor.

Hawgon

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" W. on February 04, 2014, 12:09:38 pm
You must agree that besides personal preference, one size does not fit all.

One size doesn't fit all, but in general, you have to be General Patton or Mr. Rogers.  You can't be both.  And in general, when the chips are down and General Patton and/or Mr. Rogers tells you to do something really difficult, you will tell Mr. Rogers to "frick off".

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Hawgon on February 04, 2014, 03:37:35 pm
One size doesn't fit all, but in general, you have to be General Patton or Mr. Rogers.  You can't be both.  And in general, when the chips are down and General Patton and/or Mr. Rogers tells you to do something really difficult, you will tell Mr. Rogers to "frick off".

You can tell Mr. Rogers to frick off, but if you do, you better watch out for his neighbors.  They liked him.  A lot.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HoopS

everything that isn't black isn't white.  Lot of space between Patton Rogers.

bphi11ips

And then there are a few who will call Patton a blow hard to his face.  That's the guy we need. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HoggyCat

Here's a vinyl decal I just happened to make tonight. It has nothing to do with football, YET.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

sportster365

Steefhog I was just a fan of the sport as you once were too. Whether college or NFL I enjoyed the game. I was young then and I didn't live in the state of Arkansas and couldn't follow the hogs as some of you have always had. I was a fan of different players and random teams at various times.

I watched because I enjoyed the game so much, but almost in a sense of apathy or lack of passion because I had nothing really invested in any of those teams. Passionate fans are concerned fans, they LOVE their teams and they care alot about whether the team wins or loses. When you've invested so much time, emotion and even resources in supporting and following a team, it gets personal. Wins and losses can affect your mood, your day and overall attitude for an entire season or year.

So yeah passionate fans care and will express their concerns and opinions because if they didn't, they wouldn't much of a fan at all. If you want to be a comme ci comme ca sort of fan that's fine, if you want to tell fans not to publically bash our players that's fine too, but to stop expressing their concerns whether positively or negatively as a hog loving fan is a bit much.

superior_wang

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 04, 2014, 11:13:30 pm
Here's a vinyl decal I just happened to make tonight. It has nothing to do with football, YET.

you sellin those yet? ill take a couple. just in case.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HoggyCat on February 04, 2014, 11:13:30 pm

The last time I checked, Vader lost.  Then in the end, he joined the good side. 

Can't you guys come up with a better figure to represent the dark side? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

superior_wang

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 05, 2014, 11:31:08 am

fantastic idea. I love this man. even more than BP.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 05, 2014, 11:31:08 am

Vader?  I thought that was Dark Helmet they were using. (I get those two confused.)
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: superior_wang on February 05, 2014, 11:40:21 am

fantastic idea. I love this man. even more than BP.

Well, he certainly is the antithesis of anyone parents would want their kids to emulate, so that's a pretty good one Wang.  But...wouldn't there be some repercussions if he bit the head off the War Eagle since they're endangered?   :D 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

superior_wang

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 05, 2014, 11:57:49 am
Well, he certainly is the antithesis of anyone parents would want their kids to emulate, so that's a pretty good one Wang.  But...wouldn't their be some repercussions if he bit the head off the War Eagle since they're endangered?   :D

im pro ozzy, but  we couldnt let him bite the head off our country's symbol. but maybe a tiger  would be fine. good thing auburn has 2 or 3 mascots. hmm  tigers are endangered as well though hmmm.. maybe he can just bite gus.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: superior_wang on February 05, 2014, 12:02:56 pm
im pro ozzy, but  we couldnt let him bite the head off our country's symbol. but maybe a tiger  would be fine. good thing auburn has 2 or 3 mascots. hmm  tigers are endangered as well though hmmm.. maybe he can just bite gus.

You mean what's left of him? 

Bite Gus?  Tastes like chicken?   ???

superior_wang

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 05, 2014, 12:35:11 pm
You mean what's left of him? 

Bite Gus?  Tastes like chicken?   ???

well Sharon took 45%. drugs took 45%..that leaves us with 10%... but 10% of ozzy is better than 99% of most other musicians.

Ozzy biting St Gus..wow.. the heavens would part... fire would rain down.. locusts.. famine... geez, that would be ugly.