Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can our 2015 recruiting class be our first top 5 class?

Started by hawgintx, January 24, 2014, 12:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

bigbadhog

Quote from: OBHOG on January 24, 2014, 12:35:20 pm
Top 15 if we go to a bowl this next season!

We will be two or three wins short of a bowl next season IMHO...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

870hogfan

Quote from: bigbadhog on January 26, 2014, 07:39:10 pm
We will be two or three wins short of a bowl next season IMHO...

Glad you can read the future....

bigbadhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 26, 2014, 07:42:53 pm

Glad you can too.  I guess BB will be winning NC's by year three Marilyn...

bigbadhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 26, 2014, 07:42:53 pm

As I stated - it is my opinion that we will win 3-4 games next year and it would be yours too if you weren't drowning in the kool aid...

razorjack12

Quote from: bigbadhog on January 26, 2014, 07:55:23 pm
As I stated - it is my opinion that we will win 3-4 games next year and it would be yours too if you weren't drowning in the kool aid...
You could be right.

I think it boils down to the game with Texas Tech.  We beat the Red Raiders, then I think we will go 6-6.   Lose and 3-5 wins is probable.

redeye

I give us an outside shot at a top-10 class at best.  For the record, I've never even considered it possible before now, so that's a very optimistic pick for me.

Hawg Life

Normally, I'd say no, but we have more instate talent than we have in a long long time.. Top 10 is very possible. We would need a couple of 5 stars. This staff has gotten better recruits to visit than any we've ever had. It's possible!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 24, 2014, 07:23:09 pm
I may be the most optimistic poster on the board, but I think it's unlikely. Even if we sign the best athletes, other schools athletes will get the stars just because of who they are.

This echoes my sentiment precisely.  It's also why I firmly believe stars do matter, but when you start splitting hairs and trying to proclaim that ranking 15th is dramatically different than 10th, I ain't buyin'.  That's why I believe that if the Hogs get into the top 15, with the in state talent that has historically been underrated, and the "big fish" getting their typical boost, our results will actually be better than where we're ranked. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hogwild

Quote from: lchog on January 26, 2014, 07:23:19 pm

Think about this one thing, we have been fairly competitive overall for the past 12 years. Throw out some inept coaching and we could have been even more competitive.

Define 'fairly competitive', since 2000:
-3 Bowl wins
-0 Conference titles
-6 non winning seasons
-10 seasons with 5 or more losses

I realize that we aren't Alabama or LSU, but we should expect more than what we have seen the last decade.

code red

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on January 24, 2014, 12:32:48 pm
top 20 yes. top 10 no. top 5 hell no.
Agreed...plus....next years schedule is nasty.  Kids "DO" pay attention to record.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

MJ2

Let's see how the class is ranked after we go 3-9 again this year.

TexasRazorback

It is a great start to the class yes, but you never know if the will honor their commitment when a Bama or Texas come calling. hopefully we keep all 5

870hogfan

Quote from: Solomwi on January 27, 2014, 01:19:41 pm
Also, some of those will no doubt be poached after another awful season this year.

Leave

trashcan maN

Quote from: Solomwi on January 27, 2014, 01:23:21 pm
You're correct. Some will leave as well.
It's basketball season now. How many days since Auburn won a conference game? Ticking around to close to a year isn't it?

870hogfan

Quote from: kj0N on January 27, 2014, 01:26:02 pm
It's basketball season now. How many days since Auburn won a conference game? Ticking around to close to a year isn't it?

Haha!

pillowhog

If we can get Will Gragg we will have a shot at top 10.  I think top 5 is out of reach but I like your thinking

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Solomwi on January 27, 2014, 09:36:56 pm
That's what I'd say too if my football team was as bad as yours.

Isn't that the truth.  My team is as bad as his. Zero conf wins. Wahooooo!
Let's make some waves.

Pig Power

Other than Gragg, who are the other in-state players we after?

LZH

A buddy of mine who's been out of state for a while asked me the other day about Tenpenny.  Apparently he heard or read somewhere that Tenpenny was transferring.  Anything to this?

the_kosher_pig

Will Gragg will only bump us due to combine results.  He isn't that impressive on the field.  I would personally rather have a 2 star who produces than a 4 star who doesn't.  No offense to Gragg.  He just doesn't have the "it" factor on the field.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

three hog night

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 27, 2014, 12:41:30 am
This echoes my sentiment precisely.  It's also why I firmly believe stars do matter, but when you start splitting hairs and trying to proclaim that ranking 15th is dramatically different than 10th, I ain't buyin'.  That's why I believe that if the Hogs get into the top 15, with the in state talent that has historically been underrated, and the "big fish" getting their typical boost, our results will actually be better than where we're ranked.

yep that is how it is has worked with the under rated Ark kids we usually sign.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hog.goblin

I think there is a good chance we'll finish top 15, but that will likely be 4th in the SEC West, and maybe 5th.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Well, sure hope we have a great recruiting class in 2015, but that is a long way off.  Truth is, we won't know how good it shapes up until 10-11 months from now.....& then there is still signing day.  Its way too early to start worrying about that now.  We can't be 100% sure on everyone that will sign tomorrow....much less a year from tomorrow.  Too many things will happen between now & then to predict anything right now.  I would be very happy if we ended up with a top 20 class in 2015.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

three hog night

2015 would be our 3rd solid class in a row.  I am getting excited about the over all talent of this year and last year's classes.  That means more players have the ability to be productive.  It is becoming apparent that we have few 2 stars or unranked players in these 2 classes, and I had no idea we were signing so many 2 stars and unranked players in the past.  With this class, we have had 2 SOLID CLASSES IN A ROW.  I looked it up on ESPN.  We have signed numerous 2 stars and unranked players in the past.  We signed the following
2014 only 3 stars and 4 stars this class
2013 had only 1 player ranked as 2*
2012 had two 2* players and 4 unranked.
2011 had five 2* players and 9 unranked
2010 had two 2* players, one 1* and 5 unranked

this tells you we do in fact have 2 solid classes in a row
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

arkvet

Quote from: three hog night on February 05, 2014, 04:02:08 pm
2015 would be our 3rd solid class in a row.  I am getting excited about the over all talent of this year and last year's classes.  That means more players have the ability to be productive.  It is becoming apparent that we have few 2 stars or unranked players in these 2 classes, and I had no idea we were signing so many 2 stars and unranked players in the past.  With this class, we have had 2 SOLID CLASSES IN A ROW.  I looked it up on ESPN.  We have signed numerous 2 stars and unranked players in the past.  We signed the following
2014 only 3 stars and 4 stars this class  3-9
2013 had only 1 player ranked as 2*  4-8
2012 had two 2* players and 4 unranked.  11-2
2011 had five 2* players and 9 unranked  10-3
2010 had two 2* players, one 1* and 5 unranked  8-5

this tells you we do in fact have 2 solid classes in a row

And when you add in the previous years W/L record it makes the recruiting effort look that much more impressive.

three hog night

Quote from: arkvet on February 05, 2014, 04:30:31 pm
And when you add in the previous years W/L record it makes the recruiting effort look that much more impressive.

Holy Crap!  thanks for the edit....amazing how we could have 14 players in 2011 that ESPN said were no better than 2 stars.

2014 only 3 stars and 4 stars this class  3-9
2013 had only 1 player ranked as 2*  4-8
2012 had two 2* players and 4 unranked.  11-2
2011 had five 2* players and 9 unranked  10-3
2010 had two 2* players, one 1* and 5 unranked  8-5

three hog night

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 03, 2014, 01:39:54 pm
I think there is a good chance we'll finish top 15, but that will likely be 4th in the SEC West, and maybe 5th.

I can handle that. We have NEVER had a top 5 class, yet we have gone to the SEC championship game 3 times, and almost went again in 2011.