Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have to give some UK fans credit for this...pretty funny

Started by Fayettechill14, January 15, 2014, 09:40:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

The kid that confronted the Harrison guy after the game is named Rod Winkler. Kentucky Sports Radio had him on their show this morning (hilarious!) and then they made this:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/rod-winkler-vs-the-world/

It's their "Rod Winkler vs. the World," made with PhotoShop, or probably something cheaper...

Good stuff.

HogFanatic

I still think dude was about 1.5 seconds away from knocking that tall SOB out cold right there.
Winkler is a scrapper obviously and that dude is walkin' in like Todd Day. He was seconds away from being embarrassed again after the Qualls incident.

Rawker

Haha.  Funny stuff.  And the blogger's right...that IS what people from LR do.  It's a 24 hour riot in the streets down here.  I actually couldn't find anyone immediately in the streets last night....so I just bowed up on my wife and kids and we went at it for a while.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Rawker on January 15, 2014, 10:08:20 pm
Haha.  Funny stuff.  And the blogger's right...that IS what people from LR do.  It's a 24 hour riot in the streets down here.  I actually couldn't find anyone immediately in the streets last night....so I just bowed up on my wife and kids and we went at it for a while.

Coming from Lexington, Kentucky, I found that pretty funny. My cousin worked at UK's campus last semester, said that every weekend you would see people passed out lying the streets from too much bourbon, and lots of other crazy, awful stuff goes on. She said it was the worst experience of her life and she will never go to Kentucky again.

3kgthog

The photoshops are funny, but that guy straight up embarrassed our school and fanbase both last night and again today on the radio.

People bash Bubba Hog yet embrace and laugh at this dude. Unbelievable. I get the feeling Mr. Winkler won't be back inside BWA anytime soon after this.

HogFanatic

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 16, 2014, 12:07:47 am
The photoshops are funny, but that guy straight up embarrassed our school and fanbase both last night and again today on the radio.

People bash Bubba Hog yet embrace and laugh at this dude. Unbelievable. I get the feeling Mr. Winkler won't be back inside BWA anytime soon after this.

Its only embarrassing if you let it bother you. All fan bases have crazies. Can you imagine living in England? They have riots in the stands of their soccer matches and all out brawls after nearly every game. Its just a part of sports. Maybe an ugly side, but its there. How about when Ron Arrest took into the crowd to knock a dude out?

I think its funny myself. Couldn't have been a better opponent for us to get chippy with either. Kentucky basketball sucks.

HogsBalls

National exposure for Arkansas. Isn't that what we all wanted? Got it here.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HogFanatic

Quote from: HogsBalls on January 16, 2014, 07:34:32 am
National exposure for Arkansas. Isn't that what we all wanted? Got it here.

Exactly. And not only that, but Winkler helped build the reputation of a hostile environment even more. Haha

The game in Rupp will be insanity.

SnoopHoggyHog

HogFanatic

Someone should take all the pictures, the real ones and the vs the world site and create a YouTube video set to Tom Petty's No I Won't Back Down.

It would be funny.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: HogFanatic on January 16, 2014, 07:31:04 am
Its only embarrassing if you let it bother you. All fan bases have crazies. Can you imagine living in England? They have riots in the stands of their soccer matches and all out brawls after nearly every game. Its just a part of sports. Maybe an ugly side, but its there. How about when Ron Arrest took into the crowd to knock a dude out?

I think its funny myself. Couldn't have been a better opponent for us to get chippy with either. Kentucky basketball sucks.

Not exactly the type of person I want associated with the University of Arkansas.

bp

jesterzzn

I remember when a player like Harrison, behaving like he was in our gym, could have expected a battery to his dome (not than I condone stuff like that).

These days?  We send a midget to scream, "Come at me, bro!"

We need to step our game up as fans.

HogFanatic

Quote from: jesterzzn on January 16, 2014, 12:28:09 pm
I remember when a player like Harrison, behaving like he was in our gym, could have expected a battery to his dome (not than I condone stuff like that).

These days?  We send a midget to scream, "Come at me, bro!"

We need to step our game up as fans.

Agreed. If Clint McDaniel had been on the court that night there likely would have been a fight. And that's no joke. Corey Beck would have spit in that dude's face. He has done it in a ball game before.

jbcarol

Same guy put these together:

Quote from: jbcarol on January 03, 2014, 02:46:48 pm

Sooner fan Jim Ross with the call

She came in like a wrecking ball

Drew Franklin, http://kentuckysportsradio.com
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TomasPistola

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 16, 2014, 12:07:47 am

Seems like this and other messageboards are way more embarrassing to our program than Webster there.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

-Blu

That was the funniest interview ever.  Dude gave them absolutely no explanation of what happened, and beat around the bush the whole time, Kentucky dudes were getting upset they couldn't get an answer.

Greyhands

Quote from: BorderPatrol on January 16, 2014, 12:15:49 pm
Not exactly the type of person I want associated with the University of Arkansas.
Everyone dogs the heck out of us either way might as well go with it lol
bp

TNhawgfan

Kentucky - Arkansas needs to be an intense rivalry. They had been dominating us for too long. The past two years will do wonders for getting the rivalry heated up again. The pics are great too
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Pancetta

Anybody else think he looks like Shirley Hemphill from "What's Happening"?
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

PORKULATOR

RRRRROOOOOOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!

The KSR comments were funny. I've been to Kentucky... trust me, as whole, they're dumber.... much dumber.

wps
arkie brain>yucky brain.. sorry.. Kentucky brain.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Pancetta on January 17, 2014, 10:06:28 pm
Anybody else think he looks like Shirley Hemphill from "What's Happening"?
+1
I was thinking the Radio character from epic movie or one of those stupid movies.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

pigture perfect

Why is no one talking about how badly Harrison was behaving. I think it's funny that such a litle guy put him in his place.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

(notOM)Rebel123

Rerun was lucky Harrison didn't knock him into next week.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogchick

I heard him on The Zone on 103.7 on Thursday. He was a pretty funny dude.

Carl Lazlo

Few things come to mind from this photo. Winkler is not in hog gear, which alleviates the embarrassment for the program somewhat. And the other, Harrison had his jaw way to high. Could've been nasty if he ran in.

swinesation

Quote from: jbcarol on January 17, 2014, 05:53:14 pm
Same guy put these together:

That's the first time I've seen that video of that Alabama chick at the Sugar Bowl. That is some crazy sh*t. Hilarious!

jbcarol

Same guy, Drew Franklin, put this together:

"In honor of tonight's game against Texas A&M, the generous university that gave us Billy Gillispie, I remixed the original newscast from the day Gillispie was introduced at UK..."

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/introducing-billy-gillispie-if-we-knew-what-we-know-now

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: footballmaniac on January 18, 2014, 10:11:05 am
And the other, Harrison had his jaw way to high. Could've been nasty if he ran in.

This is the first thing I noticed...If Winkler was truly LEGIT, one good shot to that jaw and he'd been down for a 10 count EASY
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

riccoar

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 15, 2014, 10:50:11 pm
Coming from Lexington, Kentucky, I found that pretty funny. My cousin worked at UK's campus last semester, said that every weekend you would see people passed out lying the streets from too much bourbon, and lots of other crazy, awful stuff goes on. She said it was the worst experience of her life and she will never go to Kentucky again.
Pitino can't keep a leash on all his hoes

jbcarol

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 18, 2014, 07:46:37 am
Rerun was lucky Harrison didn't knock him into next week.

On his radio interview he was concerned about "the big guy" coming in from the side.

It was UK assistant Orlando Antigua, the first Latino Harlem Globetrotter.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogchick on January 18, 2014, 09:06:39 am
I heard him on The Zone on 103.7 on Thursday. He was a pretty funny dude.

The UofA student from LR?

When I read he might go on with the Kentucy Sports Radio crew I streamed their segment. They kept asking him what caused Harrison to "go off".  He would just repeat that they got beat on a last second dunk, it's what people do.  He said all he did was clap and say "Yaaay".

It was great radio.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Incident with Marcus State and Texas Tech crowd.  The fan is "known to Tech fans".

When these things don't end as funny.

jbcarol

Dave Briggs ‏@DBriggsBlade  17h
Smart should be suspended, but much bigger problem is middle-aged halfwit. Any doubt he's now back home blasting Texas recruits on Twitter?

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bama fan cannot stress enough that he hates Tennessee

jbcarol

Chic-Hog-Oh

During the ESPN coverage and commentary last night about the Utah Valley/New Mexico State court-storming/brawl incident Thursday night, an ESPN guy mentioned prior incidents this season (including, for instance, how Arizona and Duke players have had trouble getting off the court when they lose at opponents arenas).   

Then he mentions that there was an incident after the Kentucky game at Arkansas (Qualls dunk winner in OT), whereby an Arkansas fan had a brief altercation with a Kentucky player "...but there were no punches and the Kentucky player walked off...."

Did I miss that? Was that discussed on HV or reported?

razorsharp94

Number 1 they didn't storm the court so ESPN is wrong there. Number two as one of the Harrison twins was walking off the court there were words exchanged between a fan and him. Nothing came of it though.

heatmiser

Yes it was reported. There were also some pictures posted. I think it was one of the twins. Nothing really happened except words.
Arkansas Razorbacks

dchoss

if you don't stand behind our troops by all means 'feel free' to stand in front of them

micali

yes you missed it and it was talked about on HV.  If the search feature works I bet you could find the thread.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: micali on March 01, 2014, 08:55:36 am
yes you missed it and it was talked about on HV.  If the search feature works I bet you could find the thread.
Ok, thank you.

High Octane Hog