Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win near improbable game

Started by HawgAdvocate, January 15, 2014, 12:22:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgAdvocate

Great win for the Hogs. The NIT is looking good this year, and the NCAA isn't improbable just yet, but there's a long way to go still. We still have to get some wins against Tennessee, Missouri, and/or another @ Kentucky to improve our standing against other bubble teams.

At home we're on par with neary anyone. But we all know how that changes once we leave BWA. Good luck to the Hogs the rest of the way. I still predict an NIT appearance this season.

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Danny J

I agree.....

I think UK will be licking their chops for the rematch later this year. Hopefully it will be as good a game.

On a side note I think as some predicted the departure of Young really helped Maddens game take off or at least that is what I attribute it to.

reddogjcss

yraciv

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 11, 2014, 03:47:02 pm
We've squandered too many resume building games this season. Our non-conference schedule wasn't strong enough to begin with, and losing at home to Florida (minus their leading scorer) was pretty much the final straw.

There just aren't enough realistic resume-building wins left on the schedule to save face for a Big Dance bid.

NIT or bust.

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 15, 2014, 12:22:06 am
Great win for the Hogs. The NIT is looking good this year, and the NCAA isn't improbable just yet, but there's a long way to go still.

Sorry, but don't these two statements contradict themselves bud? You just didn't think we could beat UK did you?

Beaverfever

Don't use the word improbable so much.  You haven't mastered it.