Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winchester Model 100 .308 (1961 Model)

Started by ArchitectHog, January 13, 2014, 10:57:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArchitectHog

Anyone have any experience with this gun.

Buddy of mine is wanting to get rid of his and I'm thinking about purchasing it from him.

Hasn't been fired once.  Been in the box in a safe since he got it 16 years ago.

Want's 450 for it.  From what little research I've done online, this seems to be a pretty good price.

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Hawgon

Quote from: ArchitectHog on January 13, 2014, 10:57:22 am
Anyone have any experience with this gun.

Buddy of mine is wanting to get rid of his and I'm thinking about purchasing it from him.

Hasn't been fired once.  Been in the box in a safe since he got it 16 years ago.

Want's 450 for it.  From what little research I've done online, this seems to be a pretty good price.

All comments/suggestions welcome.

For that, buy it.  If you don't like it, you'll get more than your money out of it pretty easy.  They are great guns.  I never really liked them, but it was more of a fit/personal preference issue than any specific objection to them.  But, like I said, you'll have no problem getting your money out of it.  They have a real cult following and some people will pay relatively big bucks for one.

In fact, if you don't want it, see if your buddy will sell it to me for that price.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

If the gun truly hasn't been fired, in new condition, & he still has the original box & magazine....$450 is a very good price.   That model in the condition you describe, could be worth maybe double that price....or more.  Just depends on what year it was made, actual condition, original parts, etc.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Silence O the Hams

Buy it and I'll give you 600 for it.  I had that exact gun when I was young and would love to have it again!

DeltaBoy

Get it and add a Limbsaver recoil pad.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

kristiandbilly

I own one and don't ever plan on letting it go. There was/is a recall on this model. Fireing pin gets stuck making it fully auto. You can go to Winchester's web site and get a number to call. Give them serial # and they will tell you if it has been fixed. You have to take old fireing pin outand mail it to them and they will send you a new one to fix the problem.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: kristiandbilly on March 21, 2014, 12:05:07 pm

I own one and don't ever plan on letting it go. There was/is a recall on this model. Fireing pin gets stuck making it fully auto. You can go to Winchester's web site and get a number to call. Give them serial # and they will tell you if it has been fixed. You have to take old fireing pin outand mail it to them and they will send you a new one to fix the problem.

Naw..... If the gun starts sticking on full auto,  don't need a new firing pin.....

just a higher capacity magazine......

Wayne Watson

Buy it.  A '61 has machined parts...not stamped.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

ArchitectHog

Quote from: Wayne Watson on March 22, 2014, 07:03:49 pm
Buy it.  A '61 has machined parts...not stamped.

Bought it.  Sent to winchester to repair firing pin.  I think I got a hell of a deal.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: ArchitectHog on March 23, 2014, 10:00:45 am
I think I got a hell of a deal.

I think you did.  Want to turn a profit?

J/K....not trying to buy a gun via Hogville.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Pudgepork

you made a good investment even if you never shoot it.  They do kick quite strong.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ArchitectHog on March 23, 2014, 10:00:45 am

Bought it.  Sent to winchester to repair firing pin.  I think I got a hell of a deal.

Yes, glad for you... sounds like a very good deal.  Model 100's in that condition are not very common.  No telling what that one could be worth in 15-20 years.

DeltaBoy

Good for you it is a great gun. And in 10-20 more years if you don't shoot it  you may double or triple your money.