Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

King McClure

Started by hogfreak, January 02, 2014, 08:33:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on January 03, 2014, 01:52:10 pm

How much longer are we going to keep the whole 10-12, Biggers thing going?

It's like Seinfeld when they all decide to do the weird voice:  "HELLOOOOO" & "LA, LA, LAAAAHHH"

It's getting old.

Pshhh, it was old 10-12 days ago. Now it's legendary.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

The Hogfather

I found a clip of his interview.  After watching this, I'm still not sure what school is his favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

makiavelli

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 03, 2014, 03:35:09 pm
I found a clip of his interview.  After watching this, I'm still not sure what school is his favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

Well if you notice the color of the tie he is wearing, which is always a safe bet to indicate what his plans are, gotta be Brown University?
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

litmachog

No he just to poo on his tie.

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: Dirty on January 03, 2014, 01:58:46 pm
I always take my shirt off when I do #2 in the bathroom. ;)

I never wear a pen in my front pants pocket.  I'm afraid I'll puncture my scrotum! ;)

Dirty

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on January 03, 2014, 06:39:00 pm

I never wear a pen in my front pants pocket.  I'm afraid I'll puncture my scrotum! ;)

+1

hogfooey

Quote from: nmeeks20 on January 03, 2014, 11:14:33 am
Listening to the show he commented on how he liked the style of play thats fast paced with occasional plays worked in. He also said he had a good relationship with CMA. Also commented on how he liked how much the fans supported the basketball program. He mentioned that His family that was from Arkansas was pushing him towards the Hogs. They talked about his recent I believe 50 point game.

Thread derailed...oh wait
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

immahog

The 10-12 times thing is funny to my soul I laugh 10 -12 times everytime I read what king said....wait .....?????
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Boardon Hamsay

I live by 3 general rules: never get less than 12 hours of sleep a night, never play cards with anyone that has the same first name as a city, and never get involved with a chick that has a tattoo of a dagger anywhere on her body. If we just stick to those, everything else is cream cheese.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Listening to the show he commented on how he liked the style of play thats fast paced with occasional plays worked in. He also said he had a good relationship with CMA. Also commented on how he liked how much the fans supported the basketball program. He mentioned that His family that was from Arkansas was pushing him towards the Hogs. They talked about his recent I believe 50 point game.

Reported to mod :D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jbcarol

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 03, 2014, 01:37:06 pm
Damn, that was a funny read. Only one poster trying to actually post on the player's interview.

A welcome bit of comedy in a forum that knew too much acidity and cynicism in 2013.

Hear! Here!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

-Blu

Here is a video of King McClure's 50 point game.  This kid is ridiculous.  This is a must watch for anybody following Bball recruiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lohSn3LaiKQ

He would be a perfect fit for CMA's system, I'm really hoping this staff can pull this recruit, it would be HUGE.

Johnboy

Quote from: -Blu on January 05, 2014, 08:19:14 pm
Here is a video of King McClure's 50 point game.  This kid is ridiculous.  This is a must watch for anybody following Bball recruiting.

He would be a perfect fit for CMA's system, I'm really hoping this staff can pull this recruit, it would be HUGE.

I hered that!!

immahog

immahog

thanks +1

Mortgage Hog

I just watched first qtr!!!!  Lets break out the check book now!!!

-Blu

Quote from: Mortgage Hog on January 06, 2014, 03:35:59 pm
I just watched first qtr!!!!  Lets break out the check book now!!!

Seriously... The staff needs to dedicate someone to be at ALL his games.  And the team that they were playing against weren't scrubs either, they were undefeated at that time and has a 6'10 kid that's signed to Georgia Tech.

mhuff

THX

Hooch

It's like Seinfeld when they all decide to do the weird voice:  "HELLOOOOO" & "LA, LA, LAAAAHHH"

It's getting old.

10-12 more years. 

makiavelli

Wow, He doesn't miss any shots does he. Reminds me of Joe Johnson, no in size obviously, but the way he plays very smooth and relaxed almost. Doesn't seem to get rushed or rattled.
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: makiavelli on January 06, 2014, 09:30:44 pm
Wow, He doesn't miss any shots does he. Reminds me of Joe Johnson, no in size obviously, but the way he plays very smooth and relaxed almost. Doesn't seem to get rushed or rattled.

Good eval.  If we get this guy, monk, and other high caliber players were going to be the best team in the country.  Mike will deserve a big raise, and we'll pay it. 

imtad16

RD, from what you know how is he feeling about the Hogs right now?

redeye

Quote from: imtad16 on February 28, 2014, 01:01:17 pm
RD, from what you know how is he feeling about the Hogs right now?

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer.  He probably quit reading midway through the first page.

Pig in the Pokey

King AND Malik would be nuts.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Tai_Mai_Shu

Has he taking an official visit hear?

Hawg Red

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on February 28, 2014, 01:50:06 pm
Has he taking an official visit hear?

Typically doesn't happen this early. He'll likely take his official visits during his upcoming junior year and then have a decision in the early part of his senior year (usually what happens though a few top guys wait until the late period).

The_Iceman

Is King one and done material? Or more of a two and gone guy.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 28, 2014, 02:32:53 pm
Is King one and done material? Or more of a two and gone guy.

I would say he's a solid 4 year player.  He's only a 4 star player according to Scout and ESPN.  You have to realize it's only 6 or 7 guys in each class that are one and done material.  And you usually know the guys that are going to have that option by this time.  Like, we know guys like Thon Maker and Malik Monk, who are unanimous 5 star top 10 players in their class, will have that option if things continue to progress as they have.  But, guys like Kevaughn Allen and King McClure they will be 3 to 4 year players, barring a major change in their progression.

I remember when everyone around here was saying Ky Madden was a 2 and done player for us.  I don't think most realize how hard and rare it is to be considered a guy that will have the option to leave early to go pro.

mhuff

Thank you for the info

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on February 28, 2014, 03:13:07 pm
I would say he's a solid 4 year player.  He's only a 4 star player according to Scout and ESPN.  You have to realize it's only 6 or 7 guys in each class that are one and done material.  And you usually know the guys that are going to have that option by this time.  Like, we know guys like Thon Maker and Malik Monk, who are unanimous 5 star top 10 players in their class, will have that option if things continue to progress as they have.  But, guys like Kevaughn Allen and King McClure they will be 3 to 4 year players, barring a major change in their progression.

I remember when everyone around here was saying Ky Madden was a 2 and done player for us.  I don't think most realize how hard and rare it is to be considered a guy that will have the option to leave early to go pro.

Blu, Ky is the one who made the statement that he was going to the pros after two years. Glad he didn't .

Hawg Red

Quote from: mhuff on February 28, 2014, 04:00:51 pm
Blu, Ky is the one who made the statement that he was going to the pros after two years. Glad he didn't .

I'm not sure he actually made the statement, but the rumor was that it did come directly from Madden.

rzrbackramsfan

IMO mclures the best player in his class.  He'll be one and done.

TheShow

It's getting old.

I think I like the voice more than I like this thread.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on February 28, 2014, 03:13:07 pm

If we got King McClure, KeVaughn Allen, Malik Monk, De'Ron Davis all on the same team, we might be looking at a Final Four caliber squad.

-Blu

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on February 28, 2014, 04:58:40 pm
IMO mclures the best player in his class.  He'll be one and done.

According to ESPN, he's the 59th best player in his class.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143190/king-mcclure

Quote from: mhuff on February 28, 2014, 04:00:51 pm

I just remember everyone talking about him only being here 2 years and then going pro.  My point was it's just really rare to get a player with one and done or two and done potential.  I think because it's so rare with us Arkansas fans, anytime we somewhat get a good recruit we think he's a one and done or two and done player.  It's been mentioned with Kevaughn Allen and King McClure, and I haven't seen one recruiting service or article say anything about these guys being a one and done player.  I can't even remember the last time Arkansas had a one and done player.  BJ Young convinced himself he was a guy that could come out early, probably could have been a late first rounder after his first year, but really had a rough sophomore year.  Portis isn't even a one and done and he's been our best recruit in a long time, and only one draft service have him coming out early, and that's in 2015.

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 28, 2014, 06:18:45 pm
If we got King McClure, KeVaughn Allen, Malik Monk, De'Ron Davis all on the same team, we might be looking at a Final Four caliber squad.

No doubt that would be some awesome recruiting.  Out of the bunch I feel we have best shot at De'Ron Davis, I've seen a couple of interviews with him and he was really high on Arkansas, he comes to our camp and has a great relationship with the staff.  I think he's ours to lose.  Probably same thing with Malik Monk, although not much info out there on his recruitment, other than Marcus letting him make his own decision.

Everything I've heard on King and Allen, haven't been positive as of late, but still plenty of time to get them.

But, to be honest with you after seeing what the staff has done with players like Qualls, Bell, Clarke, Madden, Kingsley etc.  I'm not really worried about getting the big names or how many stars they have coming out of high school. I'm more hoping the staff gets players that are system fits and can stay around long enough to learn the system well and be ready for breakout years their last couple years.  If you look we had a guy like BJ Young that was a big name, but he didn't fit this system well at all, and even though this season isn't over, it's hard to say we're not a better team this year.

mhuff

Quote from: -Blu on February 28, 2014, 06:43:52 pm
No doubt that would be some awesome recruiting.  Out of the bunch I feel we have best shot at De'Ron Davis, I've seen a couple of interviews with him and he was really high on Arkansas, he comes to our camp and has a great relationship with the staff.  I think he's ours to lose.  Probably same thing with Malik Monk, although not much info out there on his recruitment, other than Marcus letting him make his own decision.

Everything I've heard on King and Allen, haven't been positive as of late, but still plenty of time to get them.

But, to be honest with you after seeing what the staff has done with players like Qualls, Bell, Clarke, Madden, Kingsley etc.  I'm not really worried about getting the big names or how many stars they have coming out of high school. I'm more hoping the staff gets players that are system fits and can stay around long enough to learn the system well and be ready for breakout years their last couple years.  If you look we had a guy like BJ Young that was a big name, but he didn't fit this system well at all, and even though this season isn't over, it's hard to say we're not a better team this year.

The more I think about BJ.... the more I think that the lack of bigs hurt him..... he didn't have any help.

hawgmasta

Quote from: mhuff on February 28, 2014, 10:26:45 pm
The more I think about BJ.... the more I think that the lack of bigs hurt him..... he didn't have any help.

I just wanna know what happened to his shot his sophomore year? Seriously, what happened. . .

bolo1010

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 03, 2014, 12:02:41 am
Decapitated. Whole big thing. We had a funeral for a bird.

I'm pretty sure none of that was real

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 01, 2014, 02:20:02 am
I just wanna know what happened to his shot his sophomore year? Seriously, what happened. . .

I think someone tried to do with him what they did with Bobby Portis. It worked out great for Bobby. Not so well for Young.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogzilla3

jb11

72756Hog

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 01, 2014, 02:20:02 am
I heard the Europe trip had a lot to do with it. They use a smaller ball there and he (and Wade) adjusted their shot for the ball and never recovered, but, again, just what I had heard. The whole team shot poorly last year, so it wasn't just BJ.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

Big Nasty 34

Sounds like a good excuse lol

OTTER

Out of the ole journalism 5-W's and an H, several seem to be missing in this thread! 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

prairiehogcompanion

Break & Run

BJ Young went to a Lebron camp between his freshman and sophomore year. They changed his shot mechanics. Announcers talked about it multiple times last year.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

whosiskid

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 28, 2014, 06:18:45 pm

Put Jimmy Whitt and Adrian Moore on the list as well. I think we could end up with a truly amazing group of players.

However, I think it could end up frustrating one as well. A lot of those guys will play only one or two years of college ball. But that comes with getting the better prospects.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson