Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C'MON LITTLE ROCK!!!

Started by Rawker, December 20, 2013, 12:08:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexomaRazorback

I know it doesn't mean anything, but Jeff Sagarin's computer pole has us at 20

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SPAL

Quote from: hoglady on December 22, 2013, 05:39:21 am
+1 - that was great.

Before we bust a gut laughing at the ignorance, let's introduce facts to the argument.

Paid attendance for arkansas vs South Alabama was 10,627. Since few if that is season tickets, it is probably safe to assume that is pretty clise to actual attendance.

Paid attendance for Arkansas vs SMU was 11k or something. The actual attendance was probably closer to 9.

So basically, on the one night central arkansas had a chance to make a statement , they settled for barely beating a midweek nwa crowd. You had about 4 thousand more than our worst crowd at BWA. If you are proud of that,  I'm happy for you.

Sed76

Why does everything have to be about Little Rock vs NWA. Almost 11,000 people most of whom probably are not going to be driving to Bud Walton for whatever reason showed up and cheered the team. Just really don't understand some "fans". If one game a year at Verizon Arena bothers you than you have some serious issues.

hoglady

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 22, 2013, 12:42:34 pm
Before we bust a gut laughing at the ignorance, let's introduce facts to the argument.

Paid attendance for arkansas vs South Alabama was 10,627. Since few if that is season tickets, it is probably safe to assume that is pretty clise to actual attendance.

Paid attendance for Arkansas vs SMU was 11k or something. The actual attendance was probably closer to 9.

So basically, on the one night central arkansas had a chance to make a statement , they settled for barely beating a midweek nwa crowd. You had about 4 thousand more than our worst crowd at BWA. If you are proud of that,  I'm happy for you.

The basketball program killed the fan interest with horrible coaching hires. Doesn't matter whether they play in central or nwa. Maybe one day it will be what it once was, but not there yet. Sutton did not build the program overnight, then Nolan took it to greater heights. It was pretty much destroyed when Anderson got here, this is a true rebuild.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SPAL

Quote from: Sed76 on December 22, 2013, 12:55:17 pm
Why does everything have to be about Little Rock vs NWA. Almost 11,000 people most of whom probably are not going to be driving to Bud Walton for whatever reason showed up and cheered the team. Just really don't understand some "fans". If one game a year at Verizon Arena bothers you than you have some serious issues.

I don't have a problem with playing in little rock. It helps the te prepare for life on the road. My problem is the pot shot comments that slap nwa in the face.

Wanna take shots at northwest arkansas??? Have more than 10k and change show up for prime time Saturday night game, the only little rock game you get.

Crowd was great from all accounts and in thrilled with the win. They just need to lay off the elitest attitude

Rawker

Wow....you people still over here on this thread?  You start a thread that simply tries to get people (from all over the state) pumped up and get them out to a game that one could easily buy a ticket for ( because the corps haven't bought half of the seats up) and you people start a territory war over it.

Rawker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 21, 2013, 08:33:09 am
Oh my. C'mon man.

Prishiate that, Rebel.  Some people need to get out more.  Animal House, people!  Probably the greatest, most quotable movie ever!  Animal House!  Jesus....some dude described the entire geographical nature of the state over that one blurb.  I love it when people jump in to correct others and are completely wrong or misguided themselves.  Oh, Internet....I love you....you're so cute.

la20688

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 22, 2013, 01:41:27 pm
I don't have a problem with playing in little rock. It helps the te prepare for life on the road. My problem is the pot shot comments that slap nwa in the face.

Wanna take shots at northwest arkansas??? Have more than 10k and change show up for prime time Saturday night game, the only little rock game you get.

Crowd was great from all accounts and in thrilled with the win. They just need to lay off the elitest attitude
I'd be willing to bet,that about half of the attendance for all the Fayetteville games comes from areas other than NWA.

bphi11ips

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 22, 2013, 12:42:34 pm

If you go to the official Razorbacks website and check stats for each game, you will see that every boxscore has an entry for "attendance
and "estimated actual attendance".  The game last night at Verizon is the only game this season where "estimated actual attendance " has exceeded 10,000.   
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Sue E NoNutts

BWA = no alcohol
Verizon = alcohol

Verizon 1-0
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

westside_player

I went to this game and the upper bowl was about 30% full.

It was a cold, rainy, windy night against a mediocre Sun Belt team the Saturday before Christmas. I paid 25 to sit in the upper bowl but it's not 25 dollar entertainment, but more like 7 to 10 at the most.  25 might have been worth a court side seat. It's certainly not a ticket I will buy again any time soon although I did have fun and I do have a lot of money.

Having said that, how many do you think would have been in NWA had that game been played there last night? Keep in mind the students section unless they are gone on break and it wouldn't make a difference. I think when you look at what Little Rock games do for baseball at Dickey Stephens with 10k sell outs against Juco teams mid week, and football at War Memorial (see some of the old LSU and Mississippi games of late), there is really no comparison that Little Rock blows away NWA in every form and fashion.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: westside_player on December 22, 2013, 05:57:58 pm

It was a cold, rainy, windy night against a mediocre Sun Belt team the Saturday before Christmas. I paid 25 to sit in the upper bowl but it's not 25 dollar entertainment, but more like 7 to 10 at the most.  25 might have been worth a court side seat. It's certainly not a ticket I will buy again any time soon although I did have fun and I do have a lot of money.

Having said that, how many do you think would have been in NWA had that game been played there last night? Keep in mind the students section unless they are gone on break and it wouldn't make a difference. I think when you look at what Little Rock games do for baseball at Dickey Stephens with 10k sell outs against Juco teams mid week, and football at War Memorial (see some of the old LSU and Mississippi games of late), there is really no comparison that Little Rock blows away NWA in every form and fashion.
+1000, EXACTLY !
I love off season Football!!

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: westside_player on December 22, 2013, 05:57:58 pm

$25 to see a Qualls dunk is well worth it. :D
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on December 22, 2013, 06:53:58 pm

It justified my cable bill for a week
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

westside_player

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on December 22, 2013, 06:53:58 pm

I had a good angle on that dunk too. sweet play. my friend went apeshi+

Hawg414

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 22, 2013, 01:41:27 pm

ummm you are aware that the "pot shots" at NWA were in DEFENSE of the original pot shot taken, which was a typical NWA db taking a shot at central arkansas, right?

there is definitely an elitist attitude in the midst.  always has been.  and it rolls south.